which is more accurate? sidereal?

June 2, 2020 at 19:57 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user ee33, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

which is more accurate? sidereal?
which chart do you guys usually prefer? sidereal vs topical (i think that´s the name!) i find it interesting my entire chart changes in my sidereal one! although i can´t figure out which fits me more!

my sidereal is gemini sun, scorpio moon, gemini mercury, scorpio ascendant with a scorpio/gemini stelium, replacing my original sagittarius and cancer stelium!

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 2, 2020 at 20:11
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Been with Tra La La La Tropical from the very start; Sidereal gives me an old Hippie chart; Not really me! :45: :34: :45:
Magi Astrology is the most accurate.....to be honest! :81:
June 2, 2020 at 21:03
(Cancer) Trevor777
I like Tropical, try them both and go with your favourite
June 2, 2020 at 21:21
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Trevor777
System message: Post has been written by user Luna Lena, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
It always confuse me.

So are natal charts taken objectively - planets placements as they are or do we take it as a tool (take what you do like), i.e as a support for a psychoanalysis?

:36: :45:
June 2, 2020 at 21:25
(Cancer) Trevor777 » Luna Lena
Well the idea of sidereal is where the Constellations actually was at time of birth, but when I read mine there would need to be totally different meanings for standard placements for it to be accurate.

It just dont read correctly when I try sidereal and feels like Iv lost my mojo :61:

June 2, 2020 at 21:33
System message: Post has been written by user Luna Lena, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I see. So the sidereal charts need their own specific interpretation?
June 2, 2020 at 21:38
(Cancer) Trevor777 » Luna Lena
I think they do yea, because a change in the ecliptic will give a change of perception aswell
June 2, 2020 at 21:39
=====
:15: :15: :68:
June 2, 2020 at 23:06
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
Going down the threads ....this is next...

Hmmm.....Traditional! Always take the third choice! :4:
June 14, 2020 at 12:44
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user DuncanUK, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
The foundation of western Astrology always has been tropical, this is why many of the stone monuments and megaliths always connect to the solstice/equinox points.
June 14, 2020 at 18:33
(Aquarius) Marc Sales » DuncanUK
Wow, someone with common sense.
Tropical with signs of 30º degrees, starting from the vernal point. Okay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…

Why don´t the siderealists take the constellations for what they are?
There are some of these "Constellations" with less than 15 degrees and others that have more than 60º ... do they take it into account? ... Has no sense ....

And more if you apply it to situations related to medicine ... A face cancer that coincides in time with a transit of Uranus (tropical) on planetary positions in the sign of Aries (tropical): what does it have to do with a sidereal Sun in Pisces?
June 14, 2020 at 23:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Marc Sales
System message: Post has been written by user DuncanUK, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hi Marc,
“ Why don´t the siderealists take the constellations for what they are?”
Siderealists just use a fixed star, different schools use different stars. Constellational astrology does exist but it is rare. Tropicalists & Siderealists both use the 360/12 zodiac of equal 30 degree signs, constellations would be impractical due to their size difference and their overlap

“ And more if you apply it to situations related to medicine ... A face cancer that coincides in time with a transit of Uranus (tropical) on planetary positions in the sign of Aries (tropical): what does it have to do with a sidereal Sun in Pisces?”
Different animals, see above.

Re: another post here; one zodiac Tropical/Sidereal is not better than the other as there are great astrologers in both fields. Personally, I prefer tropical.
June 15, 2020 at 03:12
(Gemini) Neon_Mage
Well, I´m not sure. For me personally, my sidereal has a lot more emphasis on :172: than tropical, whose influence I feel much more than any other sign. But traditional vedic astrology does not acknowledge the outer planets, at all, and that seems to be a deal breaker for a lot of people.

Also, I remember someone once reading my vedic chart and making a big deal out of me having exalted :154: in the 10th, which honestly sounds pretty sweet to me, but I´m not quite sure on the details of what that implies.
June 17, 2020 at 20:05
(Scorpio) Crowleys Disciple
I say neither! Nor not really anymore accurate than aztec, native American, chinese, or Egyptian astrology...well now that I think about it maybe the 12 zodiac system is more accurate just because it is more evolved with planets, houses, and angles.

Everyone born in a same month will have similar personality traits associated with this months sign...sideral says oh wait a minute we got it wrong its actually everyone born in this month will have personality traits of the previous sign...because that is their real sign. Weather you use western or sideral...the logic will still be the same...everyone on the planet earth born in same month will have these personality traits... Dont get me wrong I do believe somewhat in astrology and I love studying it...I just like using it with a combination of psychological testing to get an accurate personality profile.

I see astrology as fun and at least the tropical chart is more accurate describing me, but in my opinion astrology isnt as accurate as say psychological testing. I actually hate everything about the Libra sign and honestly dont think I am anything like a Libra in real life...so I disagree with my sideral sign Libra´s description of me.

Males will naturally want to be more masculine warrior type signs and females will want be more a feminine sign. A male who has identified himself with being like a fearless Lion and leader isnt going want one day to be told..oh your actually a crab.

I think many personality tests are very good to judge personality as well. Which I have posted on the forums.

Astrology is interesting and I do tend to by chance identify more with the western astrology sign Scorpio...but from a psychologists viewpoint I could just happen to have some of those traits because I like the colors black and red and regardless of birth month from a color psychology perspective fans of black and red do seem to share some traits of the Scorpio sign...It also might be too a genetic thing...I am an actual direct bloodline descendant from Edgar Allen Poe...So maybe thats why I always loved the darker side of life...and also it could be my interest in satanism and I was interested in satanism way before I even looked at astrology or knew my zodiac sign was Scorpio...many people who like satanism probably have personality traits similar to Scorpio regardless what month they were born in...

just my rational opinions.
January 4, 2021 at 16:14
(Aquarius) sprag
I think tropical is most accurate, since is acceptable more than sidereal. Whole dates of signs in year is tropical after all.
January 4, 2021 at 17:16
(Virgo) rohini moon
This topic gets people´s panties in a wad, usually.

I personally use Vedic sidereal.

People mostly here use, western - placidus. And that´s their choice, Do you boo. :140:
January 4, 2021 at 20:37
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild
I personally resonate better with my Tropical chart, but the Sidereal chart holds some accuracy which helps to add details to the overall picture. Others resonate better with their Sidereal charts, but may also glean something extra from their Tropical charts. I think that both should be examined, and one should use what one finds most useful.

One thing I like about the Tropical chart is that it treats the human perception of time as its own force. While time is a human construct which has no real meaning to the universe, it is undoubtedly a useful method by which to measure our perceptions and understanding of those universal forces. In this way, the Tropical chart lends a little extra something in terms of illustrating the active-reactive relationship between the earth plane and the universal one. What I like about Sidereal is precisely the opposite, in how it examines universal energies more or less independently of earthly perceptions, creating a lens from the perspective of the universe itself.

When contemplating this matter by way of my own mental wankery while having too much time on my hands, I arrived at this way of thinking:
If we accept that the universe creates distinctive energies through various celestial bodies and forces, and that those energies have an effect on us and our earthly plane, and vice versa (as above, so below), then why would these energies manifest instantaneously, based solely on the time and place of birth? Imagine that the soul is developed through the universal or heavenly plane (Sidereal), and then born into the earth plane (Tropical). Just as light and sound take time and distance to travel, would the energies of the soul not take such time as well, and accrue other energies along the way?
I´ll use my own placements as an example. In my Tropical chart, my Moon and Venus are in Cancer; in my Sidereal chart, they are both in Gemini. I resonate with both placements for both planets, more strongly for Moon in Cancer, more strongly for Venus in Gemini; my Tropical chart shows Venus on the cusp, but not my Moon; where, then do I find resonance with both Moon placements? From the perspective of my own meandering theory, I imagine my soul´s Moon and Venus energies being developed through Gemini at the universal level (Sidereal), but as it reached nearer to the earthly level and the effects of human perceptions like time (Tropical), these aspects of my soul (especially the Moon, Cancer´s ruler) also gained strong energies of the Cancer sign. To summarize, the soul starts at one place of development and ends at another, and is affected by multiple energies along the way.
Of course this is just a theory I´ve entertained in my own mind, and there may be many ways to dispute it, even within my own chart; for example, my Sidereal chart shows my Moon and Mercury in mutual reception, which might "explain" why I resonate with both placements for the Moon. Yet, Sidereal also places my Mars in Aries, which does not resonate at all like my Tropical Mars in Taurus does; though perhaps I simply haven´t become aware of the more Aresian traits of my Mars energy.

All in all, this is an ongoing question in astrology for which there is no clear, definitive answer. I think that the best answer we can arrive at is to examine both zodiacs (as well as multiple house systems) and just work with what resonates best and is most useful to us personally.
January 5, 2021 at 05:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » rohini moon
System message: Post has been written by user Fool, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
non-comformist :15:
January 5, 2021 at 05:22
(Virgo) rohini moon » Fool
All I hear during this talk of "non conformity"

https://m.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
January 5, 2021 at 08:03
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I was using sidereal for a very long time, for everything, until I haven´t found out for myself, that Tropical is to people as Sidereal is to Earth,
Human year is 365 days (revolution around the Sun - Tropical); Earth year is 25.920 yrs (rotation of Earth´s axis around orbital pole - Sidereal).

So, when I want to see influence on entire Earth and humanity generally, I use Sidereal, but for some specific event on Earth, including human life, I use Tropical...
January 5, 2021 at 15:48
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Fool
😂

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Pisces Pisces
Show calendar »