Just Something to Share

June 1, 2020 at 02:58 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Peter Davis, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Just Something to Share
The following short video made me cry a LOT! :42: :9: :8: :79: :12: :62:

I won´t be replying to anything as I am trying to keep away, but I just wanted to share this with you, guys and gals. Feel free to comment all you want to.

https://youtu.be/oQzx7onqP_Q

YouTube
YouTube

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3 4
Sort posts:
June 1, 2020 at 03:24
(Scorpio) venushouse
Oh my gosh! Well I wish I could say that this sort of thing was foreign to me, but I can´t. Although I have been fortunate to grow up with a certain amount of means, parents affluent and respected and as a result shielded to a certain extent. I have still experienced racism in my life. Denied a hotel room several years ago and told they did not cater to "my kind".

It pains me to see this child´s tears. She shouldn´t know this pain. She should be busy learning the latest dances and playing with her dolls and riding bikes, dreaming of where her life will take her.
June 1, 2020 at 03:46
(Scorpio) venushouse
Thank you for sharing this Peter and for having a beautiful heart. People just want equality, the same things everyone else wants, some happiness in these few days of life.
June 1, 2020 at 04:00
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » venushouse
System message: Post has been written by user Peter Davis, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"It pains me to see this child´s tears. She shouldn´t know this pain. She should be busy learning the latest dances and playing with her dolls and riding bikes, dreaming of where her life will take her."

Yes, I totally agree! It really pains me to see a kid having to suffer the heart-wrenching injustice of racism. It just totally broke my heart to watch and listen to her.

She should not be having these situations. A child should be playing and having fun; not being marginalized and having such deep emotional situations at such a young age.

I hope that these protests wake up the heart of people and make them aware of how social injustice can destroy the chance (and RIGHT) for happiness.
June 1, 2020 at 04:09
=====
"Thank you for sharing this Peter and for having a beautiful heart"

You are most welcome, and thanks; most kind of you, :-). I disagree with having a beautiful heart (too many accumulated mistakes in my life that hurt many), but thanks anyway, :-).

"People just want equality, the same things everyone else wants, some happiness in these few days of life."

Yes, that´s right; we are all spiritual beings coming from the same sacred and compassionate Source, who are now here on Earth "dressed up" (the body) differently. But a "dress" isn´t a person; it shouldn´t matter what dress we wear. We are all connected in heart and soul, as an unavoidable Truth.

I guess the above is a truth that is knocking on more and more doors everyday. And one time in a near future, hopefully, we humans would have learned to cherish differences.
June 1, 2020 at 04:21
=====
"Denied a hotel room several years ago and told they did not cater to ´my kind´."

Really? :-(((

Oh boy! Some humans have a very looooooong way to go in the spiritual ladder, indeed!!
June 1, 2020 at 04:45
(Aquarius) aquariusccc
This video makes me cry too. I’m so glad to see the world finally waking up. My heart is so heavy. #BlackLivesMatter❤️
June 1, 2020 at 05:14
(Scorpio) venushouse » Peter Davis
You know I took it in stride. North Carolina. But I don´t venture to certain states because I am aware of these things. The attitudes tend to be very backwards.
I am a city girl anyways. New York is one of the most progressive cities in the world. We came a long way but still a long way to go! I don´t let it overcome me. Those who came before me suffered terribly and I will only do them justice by rising above it. But it does cause sadness...
June 1, 2020 at 05:22
Well you radiate a beautiful heart. We are all works in progress and the greatest thing we can do is recognizing where we can improve and lifting up others along the way which you are an example of.

Those of us who are enlightened understand that we are spirit and soul striving to do better every day. We have a great spiritual inheritance and this is my hope in the face of such evil. This was a good post, hopefully to open some constructive dialog, open some hearts. How we live does matter.
June 1, 2020 at 05:23
(Scorpio) venushouse » aquariusccc
Black lives definitely matter and all lives matter! :79:
June 1, 2020 at 05:39
I remember watching Alex Haley´s Roots when I was 7 years old. Probably not the best thing for me to be watching alone but I remember asking my parents if I could wash my skin color off in the bath.

I learned to love the skin that I am in and not to fear . To take pride in my rich heritage without hating others or begrudging them theirs.

We are the human race and I pray the same for that little girl and others like her. For whatever reason she was exposed to this, I pray that her indignation will produce something positive in her life. At the end she said she was mad. I loved that, hopefully there will be people that will show her how to use that constructively. These are the conversations I have with my own children.

I hope the protests will become peaceful.
June 1, 2020 at 07:20
(Aries) nutelina » venushouse
Exactly, let´s not fall in those traps! All lives matter.

That said there are many traps laid out, equal opportunity? Sure but what if you know race does determine what you are good at? It´s so obvious yet we are being made to believe we are all equal. No we are all different and that´s exactly as it should be.

But we shouldn´t expect different people to be able to compete on all levels.

Like I´ll burn in Africa but someone with a dark skin might have too little vitamin D in the north and thus not feel happy!
June 1, 2020 at 07:28
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
I will not allow any racial comments in this thread. Any comments that even hints at any kind of racial discrimination or misguided comment, will be deleted.
June 1, 2020 at 07:34
(Pisces) bluerosepetals
Brave girl. :79: It´s sad to see any child suffer. Here in Croatia we see similar treatment of Romani people. All people should have equal rights and opportunities to fluorish.
June 1, 2020 at 07:38
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » bluerosepetals
=====
"Brave girl. :79:"

Indeed!

"It´s sad to see any child suffer."

Yes, it is, :-(((.

"Here in Croatia we see similar treatment of Romani people."

Yes, it seems to be everywhere, :-((.

"All people should have equal rights and opportunities to fluorish."

Yes indeed! That´s a human right.
June 1, 2020 at 07:39
(Aries) ram_goat
Child Abuse. Crass.
June 1, 2020 at 07:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ram_goat
=====
What do you mean? Explain. You mean the racial discrimination against her?
June 1, 2020 at 07:45
(Virgo) MarvinReal
Is this a situation common in the U.S., or which country? I don´t know how bad is in the U.K. but what I see out there is that it´s more inclusive society here. Many my colleagues are black and I know personally black people who are successful far better than white ones. It´s because it doesn´t matter on skin colour. Everyone is the same. Everywhere is everything mixed up here, racially speaking, and unless personal enmity for some reasons, people don´t have such issues. Some people then choose to argue there was a problem with someone because he/she was a racist, while in fact it was for any other reasons. It´s sad when someone experience it, because then it´s some group reaction and ostracism and seclusion leads to further divide societies. Here they are building inclusive society for all. I think it´s EU-wide policy, which we´re sadly not a member state anymore, but most laws are identical or similar. I wish creativity, peace and progress to everyone. And less creeps and sexual harassers to women on this website.
June 1, 2020 at 07:48
(Virgo) MarvinReal » bluerosepetals
Yes, I liked the video and it made me sad at the same time. :79:
June 1, 2020 at 07:55
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » MarvinReal
I think it depends on the country in EU. Here on the Balkans people will hate each other based on nationality even though we all look pretty much the same, let alone if someone looks different. I believe that it´s much much better in the UK.
June 1, 2020 at 08:08
Well, given the terminology often used, all new EU members (= less than 20+ years or soooo) are the New Europe, the New Europeans. The Czech Republic is quite near to such milestone and my birth country hugely changed and it takes so much time, but it is slowly happening in all new countries. We are just forgetting to appreciate when something good is happening in our neighborhoods.

In different meaning is this terminology used to young Europeans of teenage and in their twenties, who will shape the future together with all others.

Further enlargement of the EU is still very important policy, although there are several current issues on sides of potential new members´ side, as well as internal and external pressures on the EU itself.

People, each of us, are the base which will eventually unite entire continent with progress and stability. In theory. At least I hope so.
:75: :63:
June 1, 2020 at 08:10
Yes, I understand. Croatia still has a long way to go, but I hope we will get there in time. :30:
June 1, 2020 at 08:31
I am sure of that. I saw the country is already nice now and lot of things is new and improved.

Peaceful and stable surrounding is the necessary prerequisite by having all neighbouring countries member states asap. Otherwise unstable and insecure. Politics and past hurts from the war might still stumble, but it´s a must regardless of it. :78:
June 1, 2020 at 08:40
I agree. :37:
June 1, 2020 at 08:47
(Scorpio) venushouse » nutelina
All lives do matter but as for your statement that race determines ability or aptitude you are misinformed. All lives do matter but if one life is being oppressed this has to be addressed. The color of someone´s skin or their ethnicity may or may not provide access, opportunity. Genius is found in all people. Talent is found in all people. I am not certain I understand your statement that we shouldn´t have expectations of all people or the insinuation that they may not be worthy for competition.

The propensity for greatness is found in all and weakness is found in all. Equality! We adjust to our environment and this has been shown in evolution.
June 1, 2020 at 09:42
(Scorpio) venushouse » nutelina
There are no traps Nutelina. I will reiterate. All lives matter but Injustice must be addressed when it occurs! I would like the world to reach the point where people are judged by the content of their character and not their skin color, their socio-Economic status. Their character. But this is not the case. All men are equal however all men are not treated equally under the law and is in need of remedy. We are different but the same and all entitled to equality.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »