My ascendant is cancer and over my ascendant is Jupiter. Is jupiter my ruling planet?

April 28, 2020 at 12:35 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) Jahz
My ascendant is cancer and over my ascendant is Jupiter. Is jupiter my ruling planet?
I am curious to know why Jupiter planet is inside my ascendant which is my ascendant is Cancer. My descendant is Capricorn. Jupiter´s return will be on 2025 based on my calculation since I calculate when will I meet my future spouse.

Also, I want to know my ruling planet. What planet is ruling my chart since I have found an article telling me that Cancer as my ascendant, its planet is Moon which isn´t really my ruling planet. Its says that my ruling planet is what is over my ascendant sign. Well inside my ascendant sign is Jupiter. Doe that mean it is my ruling planet? Jupiter?

Also, what if that is the case, looking at which planet is inside your ascendant, then what if there is two planet inside? Does that mean two planets rules you?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 28, 2020 at 13:32
(Virgo) rohini moon
Not sure where you read this false information but...

your ruling planet as a cancer asc is the moon. The ascendant ruler is the chart ruler. Not what planet sits in the first house. You can be a Virgo asc with Mars in asc it doesnt mean a Virgo asc is ruled by Mars - they will always be ruled by Mercury.

Your Jupiter is in exaltation in cancer though.
April 28, 2020 at 14:21
(Sagittarius) Sus
Moon it´s your ruler. Having a planet conjunct AC just add qualities to your physical and attitude. So, being a cancer Ascendant you are the mom caring and nurturing type. You can also have overweight or a round face (moon as a ruler). You are prone to weight fluctuations (as the moon phases) and have water retention or circulatory issues. Adding jupiter to your AC and expand all mention above.
Jupiter conjunct AC gives a happy and well disposed character. Someone who´s always in good mood (although your moon ruling can not always be like that) and a smiley person. Maybe it also makes you nurturing and mothering all people around. That"s what I think.
Do you relate?

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »