Transits for spiritual work, healing and herbs

April 24, 2020 at 18:38 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) Psyle
Transits for spiritual work, healing and herbs
When it comes to certain (non recreational) spiritual practices such as holotropic breathing or psychedelic therapy we know that set and setting are of crucial importance.

It is already hard work in and of itself to confront these energies (plutonian shadow work) so it´s only normal to look for an appropriate environment too. A journey with potent plant medicines can either result in a life-changing and delicate healing experience or a disatrous "spiritual emergency" event. It should be noted that not everyone´s psyche is adapted for some of these depth-psychology tools. For instance extremely clairvoyant people (Neptunian?) and people prone to schizophrenia, with sensitive connections to what is called their "higher-mind" alongside a porous ego, may lack the required grounding for these methods so they should use more progressive tools instead.

The famous depth psychologist who created the field of transpersonal psychology once said :

“I have come to regard astrology, particularly transit astrology, as the long-sought “Rosetta stone” of consciousness research, providing an essential key for understanding the nature and content of holotropic or non-ordinary states of consciousness, both spontaneous and induced.”
~ Stanislav grof

So on this subject I have two questions and I would love to see your feedback on this.

1) In general what are the favorable astrological transits for psychedelic therapy?

This could also depend on what kind of plant medicine we are using. Western alchemy and spagyrics has tried to establish planetary correspondances with most herbs. Indeed all plants crystalize in seven basic crystal structures. If I have to guess I would say that some entheogens are very plutonian like Iboga ("the dark jewel"), some very solar/yang (San Pedro) and others are more lunar/watery/feminine/yin like Ayahuasca. The archetypes that appear during the trip can hint at this : Ayahuasca often takes the form of a female women (Diana or Venus) or a snake. Tradionally Cannabis is a herb of Saturn (Agrippa, Paracelsus), although the Salvia family being tied to Saturn makes more sense to me.

2) According to my chart and its transits should I engage in psychedelic therapy this summer (August) or delay it to later ?

I´ve been considering getting into some shadow work related to a powerful medicine (plutonian or solar).

Suprisingly, Pluto has been transiting in my 8th house for the last 7 years and this transit/chapter has 3 more years to go before it moves into house 9. This made me realize why I have been getting quite deep into the occult during all this time all culminating to this recent climax. I am also in the middle of a 17-year long Saturn mahadasha which has been been hard work.

Initially I was considering doing a session in the beginning of August. But 2020 has brought up an collective extreme transit with Pluto-Saturn-Jupiter in Capricorn...which happens to be in my 8th house!

It seems that life is telling me to go for healing and occult work during these next 3 years (Pluto in house 8), however perhaps I should wait for next year when Saturn in Aquarius moves away from Jupiter and Pluto? I also have my first Saturn return coming in a year.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 28, 2020 at 00:17
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
:157: is going to retrograde to rejoin the Capricorn stellium, this is a time of greater freedom before "quarantine"
April 28, 2020 at 00:33
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I´m not sure in my personal experience it would work that way since I have Virgo Pluto in the 2nd house. I was brought up by a Mental Health Crisis Worker and later an Alcohol/Substance Counselor. I started doing a lot of healing work in there Mid-life Crisis (Uranus in Cancer opposition Uranus in Capricorn) Which I was given a lot of informational products but on the Conventional main stream Psychotherapies and Normal Authors/Speakers at that time on Co-dependency and different methods and techniques. This was suring my Rahu Mahadasha. North Node Aquarius first Return.

I´m a life long learner with Sagittarius Sun and Neptune in Sagittarius. Which in my Jupiter Mahadasha Second Nodal Return beginning in Saturn in Virgo, North Node Aquarius transit and Aquarius in Chiron was about breaking out of the Conventional and Expanding into the Alternative Methods, Techniques, and I usually have studied and applied stuff every day for the last 12 years.

I´m not sure any specific planet really keeps me on that track other then Saturn in Taurus, Moon in Taurus, Juno in Taurus, and Midheaven in Taurus. That involves the 10th house of Career. Which is self-discipline of thoughts, emotions, and actions. Really with Virgo Pluto/Pisces axis I´m here to serve others on a daily basis.

Transits usually just push me to certain places to learn different stuff every day. As when I started on this site, there was a kite that day. Also had to do with the roots of my ancestors since Petr is from the same country and there´s a group of them on here from the Czech/Slovak Republics.

I´m more of the belief I have divine appointment in meeting a teacher, mentor, or professor.

Since when I was going to school even events happened to interfere where I had to drop classes and then took them with teachers that were more beneficial. One from Africa that was quite enlightening and used to be a sheep herder and read books that were donated before he became a professor and moved to the states.

North Node Aquarius is usually pointing to those cultural diverse people world wide versus just one culture whether unconventional or conventional.
April 28, 2020 at 00:42
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I think your Uranus in Capricorn really makes the difference and Saturn in Aquarius along with North Node Sagittarius.

You´re Scorpio Pluto as well so what I´ve seen is I´m usually in a different space since Uranus in Libra and Virgo Pluto and North Node Aquarius is a different signature.

I have noticed this a lot just be interacting the last 12 years with this generation they feel the need to do certain stuff to die to the ego, where I just naturally die to the ego going through events with Virgo Pluto 29 degrees and trine the Moon. I don´t necessarily have to experiment with a lot of stuff. I´ve just died to the ego by being stripped of everything. I almost feel kind of like your generation tries to force it to happen fast by doing all kinds of stuff.

Which I just know it´s activate as I go. Like Saturn in Aquarius on the 7th house will push me to awaken more and go into the shadow.
April 28, 2020 at 21:11
(Sagittarius) Psyle » IIyyaarr13
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Saturn´s 2020 retrograde : May 11 to Sep 29.

The Capricorn stellium (Pluto, Jupiter, Saturn) is pretty much retrograding in unison during this year !

Now there´s a powerful synchronicity : the end of lockdown in France has been scheduled for May 11 ! So you are right saying this is a time of greater freedom, from that perspective. Very interesting.
April 28, 2020 at 21:22
(Sagittarius) Psyle » goldenlion32
I see where you´re coming from : we´re both attracted to deeper research (Sagittarius, Pluto) but the differences in our houses channel this influence in different ways and in different fields. It´s also about generational cycles as you said.

What has helped me the most until now is my Mercury-Pluto conjunction in Scorpio.

Also all of 2020 has Pluto in sextile with my natal Pluto. Such a perfect time for me to have discovered astrology!

On this topic : To deepen my research on this I´ve decided to get into "Electional Astrology" (books and meetings). Eventually I´ll come up with a proper methodology for shadow work. I guess this is getting close to planetary magic.

The main rulers I have to focus on are probably : Pluto, Mercury and the Moon.

The Ascendant (Ego) might be important too. The goal is to create the ideal "letting-go" atmosphere for the ego.
April 28, 2020 at 21:23
(Taurus) nutelina
Thanks for the super interesting post. Subscribed!

I wouldn´t overthink this, just go with your gut feeling. It will come if you let it. The teacher will come when the master is ready.
April 28, 2020 at 21:26
(Taurus) nutelina » goldenlion32
I didn´t know you had actually tried psychedelics...

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »