12 house placements

April 13, 2020 at 15:03 (UT/GMT)
(Aquarius) MariH
12 house placements
Hi all,
I am new to this place and relatively new to natal chart reading. I have seen that many of the planets in my chart are in the 12th house. Is this a difficult or bad placement?
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
April 13, 2020 at 18:06
(Pisces) N_thecat
First I want to say that you have really interesting chart.

12th house is one of the karmic houses with 1st,4th and 8th.

You have 4 planets in karmic houses - Sun, Mercury,Venus in 12th and Pluto in 8th.

Is 12th house a difficult place?
It depends...12th house talks about subconcious mind, it´s very deep and shows hidden things that not everyone can see. But each planet gives a bit different picture to this house - I think that you can´t compare Sun in 12th to Pluto in 12th house...

It is said that 12th house is rather difficult, not pleasant house (?), but it depends on planet you have there and aspects. And you have to look at whole chart..

Some 12th house placements are like a gift - Jupiter in 12th...Mercury in 12th sounds great for me.

Sun in 12th? I´ve never met cheerful people with Sun in 12th, but maybe I am wrong...12th house usually gives some sadness, but I don´t mean anything bad - it makes you more reflective and usually gifted with deep imagination and intuition... A lot depends on Sun sign. I guess that Aquarius feels good in 12th house :3:

12th house is like a whole universe for me...People with strong 12th house are great observers.

But look at other placements in your chart...

Moon in 6th can have healing power.

And you have strong Saturn in your chart - some called Saturn "Lord of karma", it reminds us of past lives and experiences and gives lessons you can´t ignore. The house where you have Saturn is an area of life where you get these lessons. You have Saturn in 9th house...And 9th house is all about learning.

Your Mars - planet of action - is in 9th house too...

Jupiter in 1st house sounds great...
April 13, 2020 at 18:59
(Aquarius) MariH » N_thecat
Thank you very much for your feedback!?Indeed people always tell me why don’t I smile more and yes i am very observant, artistic and i always ask myself why I don’t listen more to my intuition?. So you got me with your explanation, this makes me more eager to learn how to interpret myself all this. Now i have a better view of my 12th house placement.
Thank you again!?
April 13, 2020 at 19:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Planets in 12th house are not easy to express and most of the time the motivation and drive of those planets is hidden, unconscious.
So it would be a good idea to explore the archetypes that those planets embody, getting to know them, bring them to the conscious awareness.
I would not say it`s bad placements, but definitely need a lot of attention to understand what`s going on in there.
April 13, 2020 at 19:41
(Aquarius) MariH » Olenna
From what I learned till now, they are mostly karmic placements and indeed I always had to hit walls so that I could learn important lessons in life. I would like to understand better the roles of the planets so that i may better navigate in life, hopefully?. Thank you!
April 13, 2020 at 19:50
(Aries) ram_goat
12th house. Is this a difficult or bad placement?

No not at all. But the 12th house is a weird place. The way it´s talked about doesn´t help matters either. A lot of drama and sinister mystery finds its way into the tone of 12th house
description and talk.. "the house of undoing" "the house of hidden enemies" "the house of imprisonment" etc., language that is all overblown and doesn´t help you to understand. A lot of it would just make you more fearful if you accept the language at face value. The 12th is ruled by pisces.. and funny that pisces nola was the first to respond..

If you are not comfortable or familiar with things that are "pisces" then the 12th will also
be uncomfortable and unfamiliar, but if you keep your mind open and listen to your intuition, learn about neptune and pisces, the 12th becomes a lot easier to understand..

I agree with nola, you do have an unusual chart, but nothing to be afraid of, just interesting and unique..
April 13, 2020 at 19:56
(Aquarius) MariH » ram_goat
Thank you for your reply!? But what do you mean by unusual chart, what makes it unique? If it’s not to much trouble for you to explain, it will be appreciated.?
April 13, 2020 at 20:02
(Aries) ram_goat » MariH
the same things nola noticed..

also- having so many planets in the 12th, and all concentrated in a few houses
next to the 12th house. Not a bad thing, just unusual.

luna_alba, also from RO has a chart similar to yours but involving houses 9, 10, and 7..

maybe it´s something special about RO :)

but similar heavy concentration in just a few houses very close to each other.

I also know someone else with Sun in 12th.. this description is accurate..
but this other person does not do a very good job balancing the desire for perfection with
the demands of mundane reality, and also has trouble doing things and not getting full recognition for them..

Aquarius sun might have less trouble with this, since AQ is more selfless and doesn´t like emotional outbursts or drama..

but that "perfectionist" aspect of this placement can cause problems if it is not balanced
with some realism.

Sun in the 12th House
The Sun in the twelfth house indicates a desire for perfection. These people usually do not get full recognition for their abilities and efforts, but they do not mind. They are satisfied with their simple, quiet life in solitude. If they become managers, they will do their job inconspicuously and with modesty. Their services to other people are an area in which they are likely to achieve recognition and satisfaction. These people are usually interested in psychology and research of psychological phenomena. Even though they may feel the need to interact with others, they often feel alienated even in the middle of a social event. It gives them the opportunity to observe, make sense of things and understand. They should not worry about fame and social status.
April 13, 2020 at 20:05
Thank you for the explanation!?
April 13, 2020 at 20:10
(Aries) ram_goat » MariH
I think moon in 12th is the most difficult placement I have seen..

pluto aspects in your chart don´t look too good, but nothing is impossible to overcome
if you can first understand it.

it´s hard to know how other aspects manifest in your specific life.. descriptions are just
general ones, but each person´s situation is specific.
April 13, 2020 at 20:23
I see what you mean, at the end of the day astrology is a predisposition not a disposition. It’s more about understanding and using things in your advantage. I am a perfectionist too, and i think that the satisfaction is more in the task well done than the recognition that others can give you. I think the person you know my feel the same as me.?
Thank you!
April 13, 2020 at 20:34
(Aries) ram_goat » MariH
oh and Olenna also from RO has sun in 12th..

I forgot about her..
April 13, 2020 at 20:47
(Pisces) N_thecat » MariH
This is really interesting description of 12th house...

https://theastrocodex.com/12th-hous…

AstroCodex has great articles. I want to copy here almost everything what was written on this site.
April 14, 2020 at 06:05
(Capricorn) Luna Alba
If you check Whole Sign System, that Stellium (Sun, Venus, Mercury, Jupiter) is located in your 1st house.

Just read about your chart in WS and see if it resonates better. There should be a pretty big difference between having a 12th house Stellium vs. a 1st house one, and only you can tell us which represents you better ;).

Share your conclusion with us, I´m pretty curious ?
April 14, 2020 at 06:32
(Aquarius) MariH » Luna Alba
Hi Luna Alba! I am new to this, what do you refer to by WS? If you can please give me some info on how to, I would appreciate it. I so we have a similar design in our charts with planets conglomerated in one place.? Thank you!
April 14, 2020 at 06:36
(Aries) ram_goat » MariH
in your profile...

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/c…

Also.. WS = Whole Sign

An older system of calculating a chart..

the default charts here are calculated using the Placidus system,

but using the site tools you can calculate many different charts using different systems of calculation.

Luna and Olenna and many others prefer WS because you don´t need the same precise birth times that placidus requires.
April 14, 2020 at 07:10
(Aries) ram_goat » Olenna
What is it with Romanians and all these crazy stelliums?

Particularly in the 12th house...
April 14, 2020 at 07:37
Luna messaged me and explained it too.? She said that Placidus is not the best why for our romanian coordinates to be included in a natal chart.?
April 14, 2020 at 08:13
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » MariH
Well, the houses are so unequal and so many are intercepted on these geographic coordinates...

Which it doesn´t mean necessarily that it will make more sense for you...but it might work better, so why not take it into consideration...especially that in WS your placements change drastically.

Actually, Ram, in Placidus my cusp Ascendant doesn´t weight that much as in WS, where it is really important to see what´s the sign of the first house, as all the others are calculated based on that, hence the accuracy needed for the birth time that kills me...?

So my question will always be...Aries or Taurus? ???
April 14, 2020 at 11:29
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ram_goat
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I really could not say lol.
Romania does have a stellium in the chart, in Sagittarius, maybe that`s something :25:
I have pairs of planets everywhere, and my stellium is in the 6th house.
Certainly is interesting energies to work with.
April 14, 2020 at 11:58
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The Whole Sign/House thing is the ´placebo effect´ in action.
The Aquarius stellium is in itself important as raw high wattage mental power!
There is an unwritten law that Americans can not be too long away from the power grid, it is important to have time away from what ever is making neighbours crazy!
We are all like frogs meditating in a pan that has had a burner shooting blue flame upwards!
Most twelfth house Aquarius stelliums would want the Neptunian nature of the twelfth house reduced in paranormal edge to make dreamland more acceptable!
I just saw you are not American, so forget everything in this post!
April 14, 2020 at 12:02
(Aquarius) MariH » IIyyaarr13
No problem!:)
April 14, 2020 at 17:21
(Aries) ram_goat » Luna Alba
So my question will always be...Aries or Taurus? ???

Taurus!

But if your ASC is Aries then you must be 29 degrees Aries like me :)

and that´s ok too.. 29 degrees suits me well enough..
August 14, 2021 at 11:16
(Taurus) Taurus » ram_goat
I gave birth 4 months ago to my twins. The doctor decided to do the c section early in the morning and she even decided the date. I asked to change the birthdate because I checked the natal charts and placements but she didn’t accept because she wasn’t able on another date. My twins have sun, moon, Venus, Mercury, Lilith and Uranus in house 12! Just because they do the c sections at 8-8:30! If she would accept to do it at 10:00 in the morning than my twins wouldn’t have moon and probably other planets in house 12.

I’m really committed to my children. I have also a 6 years old boy and we have a warm relationship- he has moon in house 4. I can’t imagine that I will be a cruel or cold emotionally mother to my twins. I feel really really sad that 1 doctor decided for my babies to have such an awful natal chart! Moon squares Saturn - moon conjuncts 9degrees Uranus - moon trine Neptune- moon squares Jupiter.
All what I read for those placements with the moon is that or I ll die really soon and leave my children without their mommy or that I will be a monster mother to them. Both explanations make me feel unhappy. I try to not think about it but sometimes I can’t.

What is your experience from persons with moon in 12th? Thank you in advance for your response.
Greetings
August 14, 2021 at 13:37
(Libra) Veri935 » Taurus
This seems to simply illustrate how we cannot, and probably should not attempt to control fate. Just think about the positives, it’s likely that your children will be spiritually attuned.
August 14, 2021 at 15:19
(Leo) Anni23 » N_thecat
Sorry what does "karmic houses" really mean exactly..? I don´t think that I have read much about this. Is it significant to have several planets in these houses? Also why is the 1st house included? It isn´t a water house
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »