Generational Curses and Astrology

April 13, 2020 at 11:02 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) dani_mae1
Generational Curses and Astrology
I’ve been down a rabbit hole trying to understand family or generational curses. Most seem to be defined by the Christian bible. The following is what I found.

“ A generational curse is believed to be passed down from one generation to another due to rebellion against God. If your family line is marked by divorce, incest, poverty, anger or other ungodly patterns, you´re likely under a generational curse.”

I then in turn tried to apply this to astrology and many sites I read had limited information. But most pointed to the 8th house. This didn’t help me because in Placidus my 8th house is Leo with no planets (only Makemake is there). So it didn’t help me understand the generational curse my own family has.

So, if you feel comfortable sharing and you have one of these defined curses, can you share your 8th house and what aspects you believe indicate your plight here? Private messages are open too if you don’t feel comfortable sharing publicly.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 13, 2020 at 11:19
(Libra) leorising
Leo in 8th could be curse involving the father figure (sun)
Thinking in way that you begin this text ...
I have Jupiter in 8th in Pisces, maybe curse of expansion (Jupiter) or husband?
April 13, 2020 at 11:26
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » leorising
Oh yes. My father did continue our generational curse. Thanks for picking up on that for me!

So whenever I see Pisces in a chart, that’s where I usually find a persons well hidden secrets. I don’t know where to go with that in your chart, it’s just an observation I’ve made in my searches.
April 13, 2020 at 11:34
(Libra) leorising » dani_mae1
pisces is 12 th house , it is the Baby inside the mother´s womb. is the music, the illusion, the cinema ... maybe it is this line of thought
April 13, 2020 at 11:38
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » leorising
True. I definitely woke up in a search for something today. Capricorn Moon? Or maybe I’m just done with forgive my terminology the bullshit that keeps getting thrown at us.

Maybe that’s the next stage of grief I’m in, rationalization in order to accept. Regardless it’s progress and movement forward and I’ll take it.
April 13, 2020 at 23:39
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
A town inland from where I was born; Santee California seemed to invite some kind of Vodoun, unseen forces shadowing the folks there.
Where I was born; ´Wind N Sea Beach´ is sacred Indian land, even with all the bungalows!
If I don´t feel there is a curse today doesn´t mean that forces are going to cease and desist two days from now!
Blessings, curses, the eye of Horus, there is always something a little bit more than dwelling in a three and four dimensional world!
My parents always put forward the obvious things not realising that it is the nature of evil to be as little recognised as possible!
April 14, 2020 at 03:04
(Aries) ram_goat » IIyyaarr13
wow another so-cal creature!! Santee.. awful hot in the summer.. and you can swim in the lakes but don´t drink the water!

All this time I thought you were an LA rat..
April 14, 2020 at 03:06
(Aries) ram_goat » dani_mae1
So what is the nature of this curse?
April 14, 2020 at 03:34
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » ram_goat
Ties to five California counties could well be four too many! :41:
The egregious warping in my case involved a couple of women hired by mother as Nannies who were in NO way my extended family!
I could have put that in it´s own post, but I´ve already seen five topics jump to the top of the thread queue simultaneously! :4:
April 14, 2020 at 09:12
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » ram_goat
My specific curse I was trying to identify involved sexual abuses specifically incestuous ones. My father did it to me. His father to him and his siblings. And somehow my girls became a victim of my 16 y/o brother. I have no doubt it goes past my grandfather as well. I swear to all powers that be that i was certain it had ended with me because there’s no way I could ever put my children through that hell. But fuck us. Their innocence and childhood was stripped from them. (I guess you guys now know the reason for such doom and gloom lately). I was contemplating putting this in a PM. But hiding it while I’m searching here has become too difficult to do. And I’m not a hider or sweeper of secrets under the rug. Like it shouldn’t feel shameful posting this, but that’s how it does.
April 14, 2020 at 16:07
I was contemplating putting this in a PM. But hiding it while I’m searching here has become too difficult to do. And I’m not a hider or sweeper of secrets under the rug. Like it shouldn’t feel shameful posting this, but that’s how it does.

A good attitude.. certainly not every person needs to know this about you, but.. at the
same time, it is a lot healthier to get these things out in the open, into the light of day.
Silence only helps the perpetrators, giving them cover and shadows to hide in while they continue their work..

I am not sure that following clues looking for a curse will lead anywhere..
It´s a distinctly Old Testament concept.. addressed, in a part, in the New Testament
in the part that mentions the Tower of Siloam..

https://biblehub.com/luke/13-4.htm

I don´t believe this is a family curse, but I also recognize that this, like addiction and many other patterns that exist in families that can span generations, and can be very hard to break.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…

"Some who were present" reported to Jesus that the cruel ruler Pontius Pilate had killed some Galileans while they were worshiping. Their example was particularly gruesome since at the moment the Galileans were killed, they were worshiping God by offering sacrifices according to their Jewish religious law.

Apparently those making the report were looking for Jesus to offer some explanation of why bad things happen to normal people—in this case even while they were worshiping. The "sin and calamity" issue involves a presumption that an extraordinary tragedy in some way must signify extraordinary guilt. It assumes that a victim must have done something terrible for God to allow something so tragic to happen to them.

Jesus responded to the question, answering that the calamities suffered by the victims of the falling of the tower of Siloam were not related to their relative sinfulness. He then diverted the focus onto the interrogators, wanting them to focus on their own souls.

His mention of the fall of the Tower of Siloam added a nuance to his prior point: accidents happen. Therefore, even in the absence of persecution, death can come unexpectedly to anyone, irrespective of how righteous or how sinful they are.

After searching a bit, if you don´t quickly find tangible evidence of some kind of curse, I suggest you move along from this thinking quickly.. You and your family need healing, not more wallowing in the past. Move on from it, heal, do better, be better, break the cycle..

worry about breaking the cycle more than whether or not some curse is involved.
you will have to understand the cycle of abuse first before you can break it. That will be
painful enough ground to cover when the time comes for it. Your depressed mood and state of mind is already evidence of this..

And honestly, knowing whether there is a curse or not.. how does this help your children heal? The question itself is almost worse than any answer the question could have. The tendencies and habits that question places in a child´s mind.. victimization thinking, powerlessness.. the opposite of healing. It can only trouble a child´s already troubled mind. Focus your energy on healing and moving forward- both for yourself and for them.

It seems at first like looking for curses is "taking the bull by the horns" but there is a pandora´s box sitting alongside that question, that is filled with many bad tendencies and habits for the kids.. better not to disturb the lid of that box, for their sake. The question is an unhealthy cul-de-sac that dead ends in a lot of superstition, further victimization, and powerlessness. Don´t pass those tendencies or habits of mind on to them. Teach them real psychological strength and resilience instead. Things that will carry them forward in life.
April 14, 2020 at 16:43
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » ram_goat
Yes, we are focusing on healing. The virus has slowed things down though because the girls therapists don’t Telehealth (mine does, and I will assure you I have taken all precautions to ensure we are all safe mentally and emotionally as well as physically). So instead we utilize the tools I already know everyday. Each one requires something different from me and I go with it.

I don’t know why I thought of a generational curse. Or began searching for it. Probably one of the stages of grief.

I have no patience and want to rush through the process. And unfortunately you cannot do that. I know that. I have not been checking my transits regularly and doing my daily meditations due to quarantine. Silence is a rarity. But I think I’ll just get up before everyone else and get back to it.

Thank you for responding, it has resounded with me.
April 14, 2020 at 16:49
I don’t know why I thought of a generational curse. Or began searching for it. Probably one of the stages of grief.

that was my suspicion too.. glad you see it.

I have no problem with harboring these thoughts privately, but keep them to yourself..
and don´t linger on them for too long.. analyze them, then have done with them quickly
once you have weighed and analyzed them.. then move on..

don´t pollute the kids´ minds with this thinking or these thought patterns..

they have had enough experiences polluting their minds, it sounds like..
April 14, 2020 at 16:53
Don´t misunderstand me.. curses are real.. parents consecrate their children to the devil..
it´s rare, but it happens..

but even in such a case, my advice would still basically be the same I just gave to you..

the story of Jarius´ daughter is often used as a metaphor for survivors of sexual abuse..

https://biblehub.com/mark/5-41.htm

"Talitha koum!"

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Aquarius Aquarius
Show calendar »