Saturn in the 2nd house

April 12, 2020 at 09:13 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Neptune Queen
Saturn in the 2nd house
Hello, hello, sweet people! I am very curious about something, does Saturn in the 2nd house necessarily mean financial difficulties? If so, what kinda aspects would ameliorate it if possible?
Thank you in advance for eventual replies. <3

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 12, 2020 at 09:38
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I know if you have Saturn opposition Jupiter in 2nd/8th house it creates a lot of financial restrictions on land, property, housing, finances, and materialism. Although, this may mean others donate to you because they have some karmic debt to you from a past life. While Saturn may restrict you to do the same for others with certain individuals with that archetype.
April 12, 2020 at 13:47
(Leo) RunnerChic85
I’d say not necessarily—possibly early in life, but Saturn delays, teaches lessons of hard work and patience—never restricts. Aspects can have a factor.

I think about my husband’s chart when I think of this. He has Saturn in 2nd in Scorpio, opposite his sun in 8th in Taurus. He came from working class family. In his twenties, he did have struggles maintaining a job, and finances, but I believe it was his sun in the 8th that helped him. I needed to be the breadwinner (his sun in 8th), and his mother also began to climb in her career and help out when she could.

After my husband’s Saturn return, things got easier in his own 2nd house Saturn matters. He has been with the same company for six years, and has gotten several raises since then.

His mother suddenly passed away 3 weeks ago from a heart attack. Father in law just told us that we will be getting two new vehicles and possibly our mortgage paid off. Grateful for this, this is a huge relief to us, but wish our relief didn’t have to come this way.

I see you have both your sun, Jupiter, and Venus all conjunct in 2nd-I think this will definitely help ameliorate some of true effects of Saturn’s restrictive tendencies, especially with the sun being in its domicile. Saturn will make you work for your material things, but Jupiter will give you the luck to make it happen, and your sun there will make you shine in this area of your life.
April 12, 2020 at 14:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » goldenlion32
System message: Post has been written by user Erinmeow, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I can verify some of this. I have a 2nd House Capricorn Saturn on the 29th degree, opposite my ruling planet, Jupiter.

Grew up pretty poor, housing was all over the place and fairly dirty.

Ive always considered myself a minimalisy because I just dont have many belongings. From moving so much but also not having money to afford it.

Going through my saturn return, creating stability for myself has been really important to me.

Not really had money donated to me, but I have had an inheritance left by my grandfather stolen from me by my father.

I do think that even though saturn is pretty strict in my chart, he is also pretty supportive. He trines my 6H mars, as well as my MC. I know I can be successful, I just have to work almost from the bottom to get there.
April 12, 2020 at 18:10
(Taurus) Neptune Queen » RunnerChic85
So sorry for what happened with your mother-in-law, condolences! Glad that at least things are better financially. Someone else also said about opposition to a planet in the 8th house. I guess this really helps. I see things as being kinda complicated, even though I don´t like to complain, with Saturn in the second house and I was curious about others´ experiences with this placement. My sun is actually in my 3rd house, but maybe venus and jupiter conjunct saturn helps, I don´t know. Anyways, thank you very much for your answer! <3
April 12, 2020 at 18:27
(Taurus) Neptune Queen » Erinmeow
But I see that your Saturn is not in opposition to your Jupiter though. I see Jupiter is in your 8th house, so tho s might help with money coming from others, especially now that you have had your Saturn return. At least, I guess it should be like that. But I see you also have Chiron in your 8th house which makes things not be so easy with the money that should come from others to you. Probably blocks the money that should come to you from others (I guess?), as you said your father stole that from you. I want to ask, if it´s okay for you to reply, is your relationship with your father not exactly the best? As Saturn is the "father" and it´s placed not exactly pleasing in a chart, I guess it might affect this part also. I didn´t have the best relationship with my father and that´s why I am curious about this part also. Thank you for your reply. <3
April 12, 2020 at 18:35
(Taurus) Neptune Queen » goldenlion32
Hmm, interesting, I didn´t know about that. Many people said that a good aspect would be Jupiter conjunct Saturn under 3 degrees orbs. It´s said that would be a great aspect for potential millionaires, haha. In the way that if other aspects and placements in the chart help and it exists hard work, a huge success is guaranteed. Thank you for your reply!
April 12, 2020 at 18:39
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Neptune Queen
System message: Post has been written by user Erinmeow, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Opening up the orbs by 50% here on astro seek does put them at opposites. The first site I used, astro-dienst also puts saturn and jupiter in opposition at default. Ive attached a screenshot.

As much as I tried to have a healthy relationship with My father, it hasnt been viable or healthy for myself. He was rather abusive and refuses to see it. We havent been on speaking terms for about 2 years now.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
April 12, 2020 at 20:29
(Scorpio) Whispymint » Erinmeow
I can see your Saturn being pretty difficult in the 2nd house, especially since you were born at night, although since it is in Capricorn it shouldn´t be as damaging since it has dignity. Looking at your chart in whole sign houses, your Jupiter would be in the 9th house, not the 8th, and being the lord of your ascendant that is likely the area of life you gravitate towards (higher education, philosophy, astrology, long distance travel). What do you think of this and what do you think of your Jupiter being retrograde? How has that played out in your life?
April 12, 2020 at 20:54
(Taurus) Neptune Queen » Erinmeow
I see, I see. I am sorry for the situation with your father. So maybe in some cases Saturn in the 2nd really plays a role in this area.
April 12, 2020 at 22:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Whispymint
=====
I remember looking at whole sign, and felt like some of the shifting of houses didnt resonate with me. So I kind of left it alone heh

I´ve traveled quite a bit, lived everywhere. Even in the UK. As far as higher education goes, I never thought I could afford it. Plus, I dropped out of school at 16, and got an equivalency diploma. So higher learning has been intimidating.

Very recently (within the last two weeks), I decided that I should start chipping away at community college. Even if its slow going, start working towards a psychology degree.

Jupiter being retro (and my only planet at that)... I havent studied on that too much. I internalize everything anyways. I´m incredibly introspective. But I figure thats my virgo moon that causes that.
April 12, 2020 at 22:43
=====
No reason to be sorry. But thank you :1:
April 13, 2020 at 15:56
(Scorpio) scottsid
Saturn in a chart would be where you are willing to sacrifice yourself through long hard work to gain. The sign can be what you sacrifice in getting there.

Example...my father had Saturn in the 2nd in Libra. He was always afraid of being poor and without so he worked very hard to make money and become rich. Unfortunately being in Libra he sacrificed his marriage (and following relationships) in his pursuit of his work. He married once, divorced and every relationship after was same pattern. He is now in old age lonely with a lot of money.
April 14, 2020 at 11:55
(Taurus) Neptune Queen » scottsid
Thank you for your answer! It´s very interesting. And I am sorry for what happened romantically to your father. What do you think about Saturn in Taurus, what would be the area which should be sacrificed?
April 17, 2020 at 03:03
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Comfort.
Comfort should be sacrificed in order to gain comfort.
Saturn... quite the paradoxical one.
April 17, 2020 at 07:08
(Taurus) Neptune Queen » Chadjames
Thank you.
July 11, 2020 at 13:35
(Capricorn) Emanuel
Daca foloseati sistemul Whole Sign (clasic, Traditional si adesea mai precis) atunci ai Saturn in casa a 3 a de fapt. Dar poti sa stii sigur doar daca citesti.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »