Help choosing an astrology software for mac

April 5, 2020 at 14:30 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) subasta
Help choosing an astrology software for mac
I’m ready to buy an astrology software and as a mac user i’m between Astro Gold and Time Passages.
I downloaded both demos and I found a few things that I didn’t like: The interpretations on astro gold are very lame, I found myself with 1 line things like: “today is a good day for romance” and many transits with the legend “there’s no transcription yet” I would like to know if this is because it’s a demo or that’s how underdeveloped the software is. On the other hand I found Time Passages (having the app already on my phone) to have a few things off regarding to transit durations and degrees.
Does anybody have experience with these two softwares? which one do you recommend?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 1, 2021 at 23:49
(Aries) CuriousElla
Hi subasta,

Curious did you end up buying the Astro Gold software for your Mac OS?

If so how do you like it?
April 2, 2021 at 01:16
(Leo) astroboi77
Astrogold
April 3, 2021 at 07:18
(Scorpio) OS*
"interpretations on astro gold are very lame" lol I agree, and feel the same for the lack in descriptions results.

I´ve been using time passage for years. what annoys me is since the IOS updates when looking at other charts are no longer available for free. many features aren´t anymore. I also notice dates being off in transits descriptions. I prefer using whole sign system and it only will give for the current chart. any other charts save on the app would do Placidus by default even if selected differently in the settings.

overall the free versions are fine without the upgrades and wouldn´t pay for neither.
April 6, 2021 at 00:33
(Aries) CuriousElla » OS*
Actually, it´s better to hold off and get Solar Fire

"Yes there will be a release of Solar Fire that will run on Both MAC and windows, At this time we have no release date but it is progressing"

https://alabe.com/Ticket/community/…
April 6, 2021 at 01:45
(Scorpio) OS* » CuriousElla
Solar Fire is probably the best out there (so I heard), 100% agree with you! Hopefully that will happen soon :)
April 6, 2021 at 01:50
Exactly!
Was looking on their site and wish they had a newsletter or something to provide an update on it
April 6, 2021 at 02:05
(Scorpio) OS* » CuriousElla
I downloaded Astro Gold once and didn’t like it, perhaps because Im so use to Time passages app.

Reading more into this, I believe Astro Gold is the Apple version of Solar Fire. But wow seems so different. Idk. maybe they’re still working on updates. I think it might be worth looking back into it :25:
April 6, 2021 at 11:07
I´m going to email them and ask

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »