What is the North Node and how work its aspects?

March 24, 2020 at 08:04 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) themagi
What is the North Node and how work its aspects?
So you have planets aspecting your North Node. First of all....how do you interpret the North Node. Is it something ability you already possess? Is it just a direction rather than a point of power?

What about it´s aspects? How is one to interpret them? So I have Uranus, Mars, Moon aspecting my North Node what does that mean?

Because if Uranus trines Mercury, we know what it means, same with Uranus trining Moon....but how does it affect a node? What does it signal?

I´d love your thoughts on this, as well as PERSONAL EXPERIENCES of moving into your NN and how that played out in relation to your aspects. Thank you :)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 24, 2020 at 10:11
(Leo) RunnerChic85
Hmmmm, interesting thoughts!

I believe NN is both a direction, and a power we have within ourselves—from my personal experience, this power was brought out from another person.

My NN is in Taurus, and I only have 3% earth. All my life, even before I found astrology this last summer I’ve been told “you need to be more grounded,” as I can be quite scattered. The universe knew what it was doing when it sent me a partner who is Taurus sun, moon, and mercury. We’ll celebrate 12 happy years this June. He has brought out these earthly qualities in me.

As for aspects, maybe I’m not reading things correctly, but it looks like on your chart, the aspects are to your SN. Or because they’re to your SN, does that affect your NN?
March 24, 2020 at 10:17
(Libra) themagi » RunnerChic85
No, you have aspects to your NN too on your chart :) Your NN is in your 11th and its connected to all sorts of planets. I was asking if you saw any meaning in them and they matched the growth you felt you did to be more grounded. Also do you feel you are more focused in 11 th house things now?
March 24, 2020 at 10:56
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » themagi
Oh, I see—I was just looking at the chart wheel. I went to the “aspects” section and they showed up :1:

NN in 11th, I do feel this area of my life has gotten a lot easier as I have gotten older. It’s taken awhile since I have Mercury, Mars, and Jupiter squaring it. Mercury square.

Okay, I’ll take a stab, just now aware of these. Mercury square, NN, ugh!!! This one is rough. That one I think had held me back the most. When I look back, in my younger years, people would say they had trouble understanding me, knowing where I was coming from, that my thoughts seemed scattered. I can’t help but wonder if that made it difficult for me to focus on 11th house matters and feel connected.

By drawing my NN sign Taurus, and having other Taurean things come about in my life, such as having a stable job for 8 years, and finally having a stable financial and hole life, I feel more grounded. By being more grounded, I feel like this Mercury square NN isn’t as noticeable, and I find our family a lot more involved in 11th house matters—groups of friends, community sports, etc.

Hope that answers your question
March 25, 2020 at 01:09
(Libra) themagi » RunnerChic85
Yep that´s the kind of answer I was hoping to get, thank you :)
March 25, 2020 at 01:16
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » themagi
Yikes... :4:

Regardless... Rahu is the significator of Aquarius...

Ketu is the significator of Scorpio...

Hope that helps... :61:

Ttyl
March 25, 2020 at 13:15
(Scorpio) Angelina
My NN is aspecting Venus, Neptune, Asc, MC and Chiron. But Nodes for me are something like an air bubble. Don´t even know how to describe. You know what they mean, but still don´t understand:D It is the same for me like ASC, MC, DSC and IC I understand them all except for IC! Cause it is also something like an air bubble...
We know, that SN shows where we stick the most in our comfortable way and NN where we should be directing our path. But I still don´t know how to implement that.
But I discovered that almost everytime I have strong Nodes connections in synastries especially NN.
Also I have read, that when transit NN conects any planet or angle it signifies important things. So now I am watching these transits in order to confirm it :)
March 25, 2020 at 14:22
(Libra) themagi » Angelina
Exactly....and I don´t think it´s just us two who have a vague understanding of the North Node lol .....the material out there is very vague when it comes to this.

I got a good grasp of the SN actually (well, at least by house)....a couple of months when I really delved deep into seeing what being a SN in the 1st house might mean about me....it described my personality better than ....being 12th house sun, or Libra, or this or that. This tendency to go at it alone. Certainly if I focused on being a Libra sun or rising I´d never be able to explain to anyone why I was such a lonewolf a lot of the time. This is why I want to understand every placement ´very´ well.....because some of the info out there, sut doesn´t cut it.

Today I had a thought there´s only atually the NN.....and the SN is our reaction/resistance as human egoes to the destiny of the soul. So that I´m not actually a SN in the 1st.....just a guy having problems accepting he´s suppose to be a NN in the 7th. Which would explain why it can be such a mysterious placement - how many humans actually self-actualize in their lifetimes? But anyway, that was just a thought I had.
March 25, 2020 at 21:27
(Libra) Slasv
Hi, i don´t have many node aspects but i have my north node trine with my moon. And my north node is cancer and moon rules cancer. And i have also neptune influence in my chart so that makes it easier to understand these water energies. I feel like i have always been around these energies but i couldn´t understand them. Now i feel like i am starting to understand.
March 25, 2020 at 22:46
(Aries) nutelina
I have Venus in the 9th house so I like that house but it is also my South Node. I hate school but love science, I assume I have to be more practical which is Virgo but I don´t see 3rd house as opposite from 9th house yet. So yes it does seem like a road or goal, not a place (yet).

MC Opposition Node - https://astromatrix.org/Horoscopes/…

Square - Node Square Neptune (3°56’, Separating)
The positive thing about this aspect is that these people are sure of their decisions and this helps them overcome life challenges. Pure spirituality becomes the focus of their life.
The negative side of this aspect is that these people only have vague ideas about their focus and meaning of life or their sense for life direction is poor. They easily withdraw their focus from what is important, they are not persistent, or all their goals fall apart.

This I feel often when I lose track.
March 26, 2020 at 01:58
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Something that complicates the difference between Mean Node and True Node is that the Moon´s orbit hitting the ecliptic has a skewed orb all by it´s self!
That gives me one side of the NN parallel Mercury while the other side is parallel Pluto ( :153:II :161:II :160:)
Dr Louis Turi acquired the ability to interpret anybody´s nodes from his past-life as a lama!
:174: :161: coloured by other things more than simple home-life!
March 26, 2020 at 02:20
(Libra) themagi » IIyyaarr13
Haha! I´ve found the other person apart from AstroSeek´s owner who uses parallels and counterparallels!

Haha, jk :) For me True or Mean Node doesn´t mae a difference. Didn´t know it made huge differences in other people´s chart. Interesting.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »