Venus´ house placement in natal chart and attitude towards romance and relating

March 22, 2020 at 04:30 (UT/GMT)
(Libra) themagi
Venus´ house placement in natal chart and attitude towards romance and relating
I´ve heard many versions of this, but would like your take on it. What is the meaning of Venus´ house placement in one´s natal chart, if any, in regards to romance and relationships?

Does my Venus being in the second house (regardless of sign) say something about how I relate to others, or is it just the sign that matters? And if does mean something, what does it mean?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
March 23, 2020 at 18:19
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
No one has yet said the percentage division is F***ing wrong!
Planet is 20% like house occupied. :44:
Planet is 30% like sign occupied. :44:
Planet is 50% like other planet when 60 minutes apart. :44:
Venus is still going through changes having been born at Jupiter in the Copper Age! :25: :43: :63:
Meager challenge to the idea that Natal Chart is static for a whole life-time! :81:
March 23, 2020 at 22:17
(Pisces) Katiahov
I have this placement too! Venus sitting in my second house of Capricorn. So, Venus chillin in the house of my Values, assets, self-worth, material wealth, etc., means when it comes to my attitude about relationships and even friendships(or any type of relationship) I naturally look for stability and practicality more than anything. (Even tho I have an Aqua venus - which is all about stimulating, mental yet detached connections with others - it´s sitting in my 2nd house of Capricorn (all about structure, status, authority).

i feel like in regards to romance and relationships, it definitely says something about those who you will be attracted to..those who you believe will bring valuable experience to your life because 2nd house has everything to do with the practical realities of our everyday life. So no matter what your actual venus sign is, look at the ruling planet of your second house. Mine is in Capricorn so Saturn rules over my 2nd house.

hope that made sense LOL
March 24, 2020 at 01:06
(Libra) themagi » Katiahov
Hmmmm....I´m trying to make sense of it....am I like that?Hmm...

Pluto is my house ruler.So you are telling me, the house ruler is a 3rd factor then? My Venus happens to be in Scorpio too (so also Pluto).......so this says I look for relationships which will add value to my life......but I see that value as emotional depth/transformation perhaps.......but isn´t that the opposite of practical value? So who wins in this dispute? 2nd house values or Pluto/Scorpio? :P

I´m confused now!
March 24, 2020 at 02:00
(Cancer) TimeLord
I have Venus in 2nd House.
Let me tell you something brother.
There is no such thing as True Love.
It´s all about the Money.
Last but not least.
I´m not in Love. :4:
March 24, 2020 at 02:13
(Sagittarius) orkest » themagi
Venus indicates your spouse. Descendant tells what kind of partners you are going to draw. I would say ´a person you adore´ in this case. Descendant is 7th house and Venus is its ruler.

You could say that your 2nd house ruler(Pluto) is in 2nd house meaning that it´s supporting the 2nd house´s matters. You could dig further and say that 2nd house is in Scorpio ruled by Pluto which is 8th house ruler and from the beginning your 2nd house ruler is in... [moreover Mars is a traditional ruler of Scorpio]

Simply there are Pluto and Venus in Scorpio in 2nd house.

The sign is a costume, the planet is an actor and the house is a stage. I have to greet user fishscale becouse he gave me this useful metaphor one time :-)

I don´t know if a given factor is more important than another. You considering them all. Pluto is a slow planet which remain in a single sign for a long time and interpreting it according to the sign will be less important in this case.
March 24, 2020 at 02:38
(Libra) themagi » orkest
Now spouse I can see. I´m usually one to make fun of people who go for stability and boring words like that in relationships...........but my sixth sense tells me, if I were to get married (which I probably never will)....or go for the long run.........a super solid and constant (not necessarilly having anything to do with money though) partner would probably be it for me. Someone with that sort of Taurian inertia when it comes to certain principles like myself. Someone kind of set in their ways when it came to the most important things in life.

I think Scorpio energy is important too....I don´t think I would last with anyone who doesn´t embrace the shadow side of humanity. Helll...I might not even be very attractive to someone who doesn´t value emotionally transperancy and raw authenticity in the same way I do.

But when I think of relationships in general....like my next girlfriend or whatever....since I´m never looking for the long term...I´m not sure I see it.
March 24, 2020 at 02:38
(Virgo) Peter Davis
It seems to me that what you are really asking is, "What type of partners do I want and need?", aren´t you? Hahahaha.

And more so since your transiting sun is exactly conjunct your Descendant, and transiting Chiron is also exactly conjunct your Descendant.

Do you want me to play? :-)
March 24, 2020 at 02:54
(Libra) themagi » Peter Davis
Lol, sure.

Damn, maybe I need to start looking into transit astrology. I ´am´ unusually....I was gonna say horny (?), altough that´s not very kosher is it...needy(?)...the last couple of days. I always mocked dating culture....but I think I´m feeling like going out and meeting people. You´d be surprised how ronery it´s like for us double Libras :´(

:D
March 24, 2020 at 02:59
(Pisces) Katiahov » themagi
I read the house ruler always overpowers! I mean our houses represent our life path so the ruler is important.

Pluto being that ruling planet in your 2nd means naturally you have even more of a drive for building a stable foundation for your life (being resourceful, logical, yearning for security) remember Pluto is concerned about his possessions. So when it comes down to relationships, maybe you tend to attract those who don’t like how you spend your money or vice versa, or it could mean you want security through a marriage partner, OR maybe you tend to attract those who look for security by finding you? (pluto things)
March 24, 2020 at 03:23
(Virgo) Peter Davis » themagi
"Lol, sure."

Great! Let´s see what we got, haha.

"Damn, maybe I need to start looking into transit astrology. I ´am´ unusually....I was gonna say horny (?), although that´s not very kosher is it...needy(?)...the last couple of days."

How about "all of the above", haha.

Your sun is currently transiting your 7th house, and exactly conjunct the Descendant. The same thing with Chiron, but as he is a slow-moving planet, he has been there (and will continue to be there for a while).

Then transiting Lilith (the "I feel horny these days" part, hahaha) is also conjunct your Descendant and conjunct the transiting sun.

Then transiting Mars (the rulers of your Aries 7th house) is conjunct Mars - that´s a lot of energy of any kind, haha).

Then transiting Venus is in your 8th ( did you say "horny"? Haha), and natally, Venus is in scorpio (ruler of the 8th) conjunct Pluto (ruler of the 8th).

See? It is expected to be "horny these days", :61:

But careful, my friend; that transiting Lilith conjunct your Descendant can only attract to you one of those "female fatales", and sex is a double-edged sword with a very very fine cutting edge. So perhaps it is better to stick to the "hand" for a few days, :61:

"I always mocked dating culture....but I think I´m feeling like going out and meeting people."

Yeah, that´s those transits. Also, transiting Chiron conjunct your Descendant is focusing your attention on healing whatever "wounds" you may have in the romantic department.

"You´d be surprised how ronery it´s like for us double Libras :´(
:D"

Oh, I am quite aware!

I´ll be back in a little while to tell you about what your Venus placement and aspects might mean.
March 24, 2020 at 03:27
(Pisces) fishscales » themagi
"....but I think I´m feeling like going out and meeting people"

Well, your timing could be better on that score...

Maybe someone has come up with "socially distant" dating sites already..
March 24, 2020 at 03:46
(Libra) themagi » fishscales
Lol, I´m immune to all viruses. Or maybe the timing of the transit means life doesn´t love me and just f´in with me :D
March 24, 2020 at 03:48
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » fishscales
Try Christian mingle
March 24, 2020 at 03:54
"But careful, my friend; that transiting Lilith conjunct your Descendant can only attract to you one of those "female fatales", and sex is a double-edged sword with a very very fine cutting edge. So perhaps it is better to stick to the "hand" for a few days"

Are you kidding me, I´m a Venus in Scorpio, man. With lifetimes-long vows of asceticism and celibacy, but a Venus in Scorpio nontheless! :P And it´s trining Jupiter in Pisces.....I already lost the battle against that fem fatale before we even met lol

Nah, I got Mars in Cap, my will is strong :D
March 24, 2020 at 04:07
(Pisces) fishscales » RohiniMoon
OK I´m pretty sure that was a joke...

In which case..

:61:

If not...

✝️
March 24, 2020 at 04:10
Of course it was! :61: :61:

They seem pretty socially distant.....lol
March 24, 2020 at 04:13
(Virgo) Peter Davis
Ok, so Venus.

Venus - among many other things - represents two big themes: relationships (through Libra), and money (through Taurus).

In a man´s chart, Venus represents the spouse, and in a woman´s chart, it is Jupiter.

You have Venus in Scorpio in the 2nd house conjunct (a 7-8 orb) Pluto who is also in the 2nd (Remember, I´ll be using Whole Houses and not Placidus).

Venus is ruling your ascendant and your Taurus 8th house. So the Lord of the 1st and 8th is sitting in the 2nd in Scorpio, and conjunct Pluto.

As with any placements/aspects, this have both; positive and negative effects. I´ll discuss everything,and you decide whether or not it describes you, and whether or not it is real to you. I am only describing possible scenarios among a few of them.

As Venus is in the 2nd (naturally ruled by Venus and Taurus), then perhaps (as you already mentioned) you seek out partners that are "stable" (both emotionally and financially), loyal, and goal-oriented.

Because Venus is in Scorpio, you need passion and deep feelings; superficiality just doesn´t work for you. So perhaps (I am saying perhaps, hahaha) you are not a "player". Because Scorpio usually want to devote themselves - in heart and soul - to just one individual.

But, Venus is conjunct the Planet of painful transformations and ups and downs; Pluto. Also, Venus is the ruler of the 8th house (sudden events and ups and downs). So this could indicate a love life with many ups and downs, where painful losses and transformations have occurred.

As Venus is ruling your 8th (the occult, mysticism, etc) and as Venus also represents what makes us feel good, then this shows a love (Venus) for the occult, astrology, etc. And perhaps you would like your partner to have those same inclinations as well, as Venus (what you want in a partner) is ruling the 8th.

Regarding money (Venus) it is the same; many ups and downs in your finances because the ruler (Venus) of the 8th (ups and downs and sudden events) is in the 2nd (money and finances), and conjunct Pluto.

But this could also bring you luck in winning the lottery or in getting an inheritance. Like money could suddenly come to you in a totally unexpected way.

I can see that you have an 7th house Aries NN (hey, welcome to the club! Mine is in the 12th). Aries is a very free and independent sign, which explains why you do not seem to be too worry about relationships and about the "conventional" ways to go about it.

You need to feel free and independent in relationships, otherwise you could feel "trapped". In fact, you might be avoiding relationships at a subconcious level to avoid losing your independence. But being a double Libra is a bitch, isn´t it? Because you ALSO want to find a meaningful relationship.

Mars is the ruler of your Aries 7th house. The ruler (Mars) of the 7th is in Capricorn in the 4th and square the Nodes. Carefully with attracting to you partners who are hostile, argumentative, and who are always disagreeing. But this could also (only if well handled and understood) bring you partners who are very Aries-like: independent, self-assertive, self-confident, etc, which is a good thing and something you prefer (And need, also).
March 24, 2020 at 04:57
Hey the connection between Aries and my stance towards conventional relationship stuff rings very very true. Never thought of that. Altough as a Libra Rising my fifth house of romance is also in Aquarius, so that makes it a double whammy (since Uranus is also about independence, non-conventional, freeedom etc)

I definately need freedom in relationships. I think my Uranus opposite Moon is a beotch to handle though...I´m always afraid of hurting girls even before I start something with them....because the painful truth is that I grow bored easily and change my mind quickly .........on one hand it´s true that fixed Venus energy makes me very very committed....but my emotions can feel trapped when commitment is expected.....I have a very "let´s see what happens tomorrow" view of relationship.......with a mix of committedness. I´m full on locked on on that person while I´m with them....but I know my heart might ask me to leave everything and go take a job somewhere else in the world or change my mind on the fly.....and I always feel relief when I quite jobs or relationships.....a big theme in my life is FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out)...my Gemini Moon and other placements make it so I can see so many amazing potentials.

That being said.......it´s also very true I crave stability. If a girl shows up that meets all my needs...or the situation we are in (environment, etc) then I may stay indefinately in one place....but if some needs aren´t met, I can´t compartmentalize.

Yes, I´ve been realizing Aries energy in women is extremely attractive to me. She can´t be immature...as immature Aries energy is as offputting in the same degree....but an independent, self-assertive chick who is okay beating her own drum (I think that´s the quality that I most like; I want an soul that matches my respect for freethinking and going my own way; women´s who just go along with society´s programming don´t have that essential quality I like in a partner).

One VERY important placement I´m starting to understand plays a big role....and isn´t shown on Astro Seek is Vesta on the 7th. Vesta has to do with where you are invested, where you have a spiritual zeal of foresight and almost purity......and mine is in the 7th in Aries. It trines my Juno (also connected to marriage), Saturn and Uranus and actually quincuxes Venus. It represents my kid´s dream,desire and vision of my perfect partner........which I think accounts for that Uranus oppo Moon dynamic - I intutively known deep down my true partner must have this special feeling to me........I´m not terribly motivated to pursure relationshisp as my life shows..........but I always had this intuitive sense of this energetic blueprint I have inside for the partnet that most suits me.......it´s heavily hidden now by alot of energetic knots and conditioning.....but it speaks to a very spiritually aware woman who sees my true nature very deeply.......

Anyway, the Venus/Pluto thing about relationships has some truth to it. I never had a very active romantic life...but maybe because my desire for freedom is really big....and because I intuit a lot of inner work goes into having truly authentic relationships....and that´s not what I see in society. So, yeah, if I was more of a serial monogamist like most people....I´d probably bump into a lot of drama.....because relationships must go through that "Scorpio litmus test"....if you can´t handle exposing your shadow to me and vice-versa....the relationship is doomed. I am very emotionally demanding of a partner. I must meet their soul. If you ARE all Scorpio n shit...but it´s a pattern for you to go through drama in relationships....I´m not game either....I´m well aware of the power of the Plutes....to wreak havoc in people´s lifes. It takes a mature soul to be able to handle Scorpionic themes with the right balance and maintain their emotional equinimity in the relationship.

Anyway, thanks for the input bro. :) It´s very appreciated.
March 24, 2020 at 05:07
Another successful Christian Mingle hookup
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
March 24, 2020 at 05:21
:61: probably remarkably accurate ...some HOT bedtime action right there! :61:
March 24, 2020 at 05:27
Maybe they just got woken up by this guy...

"Yo... It´s Jesus... Y´all got any weed?? “
Login
(Log in)
March 24, 2020 at 05:38
(Pisces) fishscales » fishscales
Actually, in these times it would probably be more like...

"Yo I know it´s 3am...but y´all got any toilet paper??

I got me and 12 disciples, and it looks like we ate some bad loaves n´ fishes...

It´s like parting the Brown Sea up in the Christ Bunker right now...please... Don´t forsake me..."
Login
(Log in)
March 24, 2020 at 05:43
:61: don´t forsake me....no fear, JC, I´m sure the power of Christ compels them!!
March 24, 2020 at 05:44
(Libra) themagi » fishscales
Baby Jesus is looking down at you all in deep disapproval. He may be all about unconditional love....but you guys are sure to go straight to hell.

Btw, I expected more from a Pisces, fishscales when the topic is Jesus.
March 24, 2020 at 06:01
(Pisces) fishscales » themagi
And yeah, I know I´m going to hell...

But it sure ain´t because of what I´m posting here brother...
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »