The astrology of laziness and refined procrastination

March 21, 2020 at 11:21 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) Luna Alba
The astrology of laziness and refined procrastination
So I guess I´m the type with various interests, but it´s hard for me to keep it focused and following the action till the end. I would just put it aside and take interest in smth else, not finishing anything.

This is particularly annoying in the time of covid, when it would be the proper time to work on a toned body, do an online course, read valuable books and actually finishing them...???

Any insights, anyone? I guess a Taurean influence can bear the blame...

This also sounds very Gemini-like...but it´s not an explanation in my case, as I have nothing in Gemini :-?

Uranus or Neptune, maybe? :-?

Do you have such aspects/tendencies? And how do you manage to keep focused?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 21, 2020 at 11:52
(Pisces) fishscales
"Refined procrastination"... Haha... I am going to start using that for myself...

Honestly, I can´t see a whole lot of reasons for this in your chart. Yeah, Taurus can be considered "lazy", but once they start things, they usually do finish them...albeit at a perhaps slower-than-average pace...

I´m looking at your 9th house Mercury and Venus as a possibility for not seeing things through to conclusion... Maybe the 9th is making them restless...the 9th contains big ideas, but not neccesarily the discipline to stick with them...

At any rate, with all those planets in Cap, this may be a temporary thing for you..

Though it should be mentioned that Cap is a cardinal sign... An initiator... Not neccesarily a finisher...still Caps do mostly finish things, because of their inherent sense of responsibility...I´ve always thought starting came a bit more naturally to them though..
March 21, 2020 at 12:01
(Taurus) dani_mae1
I have sun mars mercury and Chiron in Taurus and agree it’s a theme in regards to motivation. As for what works for me is giving into what the Taurus needs which is a routine. My sag and Gemini influences hate it though. But, I find that it expresses itself in nervous energy when I have to study or what not, so I use my therapy tools to redirect my focus. I give myself realistic easy goals too that add up to a big goal, it’s easier and not as overwhelming that way.

Now that we are quarantined, I do similar tactics with the kids in regards to keeping them on a school schedule. If they are occupied it makes it easier for me to do what I need as well. I hope you find something that works for you, I know all too well how frustrating it is.
March 21, 2020 at 12:12
(Cancer) Trevor
You have Easy aspects to Jupiter, so you have alot going for you, but Jupiter and mars is better in negative aspect for the push thats needed, in easy aspect mars doesnt see any bother :61:
March 21, 2020 at 12:16
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » fishscales
Well, I´m pretty determined when I know what I work for -the prize, gain etc. And it´s usually in the Academic/work field or smth that requires intellect, appealing my 9th house Stellium and my Mercury :).

Also, it´s valid for things I like, I´m passionate about or stir my curiosity. I find it hard to stick to things I NEED to/MUST do. very unusual for the Cap, right?
The utter lack of discipline...or it´s just imature behaviour.

I need to think about this in the Eve of my Saturn Return...otherwise Master Saturn will teach me the hard way :))

But this recommended isolation gives me a very bad, restless nature and it´s hard for me to do anything productive - be it home workout, reading or learning smth new. There´s no concrete gain despite using my time smarter/not wasting it/looking like a million bucks, and, stupid as it sounds, this is not such a strong motivation :))

"Refined procrastination"... Haha... I am going to start using that for myself... 

I was inspired by the title of a book I haven´t read yet ??? by Tom Hodkinkson - How to be Idle in English.

The translated title in Romanian is smth like this: "The Guide of the Lazy Individual. Little Treaty for Refined Slobs".

That makes a wonderful book title, doesn´t it? ???
March 21, 2020 at 12:19
(Cancer) Trevor
Your chart below :4:

shows T bucket to Moon in Leo 5th, so you just wanna have fun huh ? well the moon lacks perseverance without a mars aspect doh, and jupiter has too many cushy aspects

but when it comes to learning, you will be a Sponge soaking up info
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
March 21, 2020 at 12:49
(Pisces) fishscales » Luna Alba
"I find it hard to stick to things I NEED to/MUST do"

Just noticed you have Chiron in the 6th... It may put you at a disadvantage when it comes to dealing with routine, day to day affairs...

"That makes a wonderful book title, doesn´t it? ???"

Sounds like required reading for some of the Taurus influenced among us. Not talking myself out of the mix here... :4:
March 21, 2020 at 12:54
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » Trevor
You have Easy aspects to Jupiter, so you have alot going for you

??? Funny thing! With all those nasty aspects I have in my chart, it is quite surprising that the lack of yet another nasty/hard aspect is to blame for my lack of drive :))

Alot going for me? What does this mean?

I´d say my Mars is the main malefic in my chart. And it seems to me conj usually bring troubles and they are hard aspects.

I guess Mars it´s my dominant planet, which makes me a temperamental warrior on heels (Sun-Mars)

Aaand, the most troublesome, Mars in conj with Venus and Neptune, everything sextiled by Jupiter.

I hate this one ?
March 21, 2020 at 12:54
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
Hm. Interesting. I never thought about it much but I am this way to a point....a lot of the time. And I have moon conjunct rahu in Taurus. Lol.
March 21, 2020 at 13:08
shows T bucket to Moon in Leo 5th

Yep, in Placidus. Hard for me to view a Placidus chart, my lack of drive makes it hard to understand the concept of intercepted houses ?

In WH it´s in 4th, which also makes sense for me, in terms of family background.
But I also have some Artsy/creative influences, specific to the 5th. But could be my Leo Moon.

I was reading about my 10th house Saturn in an old astrology book. It said it´s a mark of major/impressive social/career breakthrough at some point in life, but almost always followed by a painful "fall from grace"/regression.

The advice for people with this placement was to always aim lower than their worth, in order to prevent the disastrous fall.

PLOT TWIST ???: me being a refined slob is an evolutionist, self preserving mechanism that prevents me in making impressive but doomed progress that would lead to...the painful fall from grace ???

but when it comes to learning, you will be a Sponge soaking up info

Oh, trust me, I´m the ultimate queen ??? of the intelectual-useless-non-practical knowledge and I spend long time in reading articles on the additional themes ? in order to preserve this purposeless status quo :)
March 21, 2020 at 13:12
(Cancer) Trevor » Luna Alba
This is all good stuff, if it was my chart, Id be more concerned with Saturn in 11th
March 21, 2020 at 13:18
I dont like Whole house, its best for very quick approximate readings but for accuracy, I use placidus

its either in one house or the other, but theres a big difference between the 4th and 5th, so I just keep to the accurate birth time or none at all

I tend to like capricorn ladies but they never like me that much lol,
March 21, 2020 at 13:27
Hmmm, so the Placidus perspective

In Placidus my Saturn is indeed in the 11th, in Aquarius.

My old book says : friendships with older, Saturnian people; difficulty in making friends; unfavourable experiences caused by the death of one´s friends or protectors ???

Breakups in the intimate relations, caused by the inability to make a proper cohesion between friendship and love ???

For women, issues in pregnancy and abortions; negative effect on the offspring.
(Damn, I´m now worried for my future little ones ?)

In Cap and Aquarius (checked): useful relations and support received from older people.

So, if the Saturn makes a square to the Moon it is considered a bad-aspected Saturn? ?

Or just a bad-aspected Moon? ?
March 21, 2020 at 13:30
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » RohiniMoon
How do you relate to this song?. British Pop, I guess.

I have forgotten about it ;)). Used to like it as a teen.

https://youtu.be/c1EVjCKuJ9g
YouTube
YouTube
March 21, 2020 at 13:46
(Scorpio) darkneptune
Great topic!
I´m extremely lazy person probably because of Taurus influence and Mars in Libra. Don´t know for aspects.
I can do nothing for days. Just laying on my bed and wasting time on my phone.
My laziness costs me so many things in life but I can´t help myself.
March 21, 2020 at 13:47
Its a 2 way thing,

MJ had his saturn conjunct his 10th, and look at what happened to his reputation,
So yea, it can put a person at the top of your profession only to recieve a knockback later in some way.

So having saturn in 11th can put a damper on your aspirations, things wont turn out as you hoped, but still some kinda success will be there.

I got a friend I had drinks with :36: his saturn in his 11th, hes a Libran, anyways he hoped he would stay with his wife and she wouldnt leave him but Saturn tested him on his reaction to her cheating, and eventually they broke up 2nd time she did it,
And his love life was everything to him being Libra

Your greatest hopes will be challenged iv no doubt and how you react will either sustain it or break it
March 21, 2020 at 14:43
"Your greatest hopes will be challenged iv no doubt and how you react will either sustain it or break it"

...The romantic department/romantic partnerships, I guess. Makes sense, as Saturn opposes a 7th house Pluto.

That´s a recurrent theme for me.

I usually don´t have the best reactions, as the 5th house Moon is also involved in the T-square.

That´s quite sad/meh.
March 21, 2020 at 14:44
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » Luna Alba
Catchy tune.. :1: :15:

My favorite 80s British pop I guess you´d say is depeche mode and probably pet shop boys
March 21, 2020 at 15:22
(Cancer) Trevor
Laziness can be in eye of beholder too, Im far from lazy but others say I am due to lack of understanding
March 21, 2020 at 16:53
(Aries) ram_goat » Luna Alba
friendships with older, Saturnian people;

:3: :3:
March 21, 2020 at 17:28
(Aries) ram_goat » Luna Alba
my lazy song..

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

beck- jackass
YouTube
YouTube
March 21, 2020 at 17:31
(Aries) ram_goat » darkneptune
My laziness costs me so many things in life but I can´t help myself.

yeah it feels good, and it´s a harmless pastime. Highly underrated.. quietism..

Activity is overrated but we are a restless and warlike civilization at our core.
Also something that is overlooked and called everything except what it truly is..
March 21, 2020 at 18:43
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » ram_goat
"friendships with older, Saturnian people"

That´s been a constant source of growth and support indeed ???
March 21, 2020 at 18:52
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Stephen Craig Paddock decided on "gambling" as a relief from laziness and wound up with murder-suicide for when the gambling was "over"
There are positive hobbies that he could have had so he would not have had to lose ´argument` with the ghost of his public enemy father!
Venus can be lazy planet if it has to rule Libra, Eris may be the true ruler of Libra!
Procrastination as refined?
A good lack of retrogrades makes the :160: :194: :157: more powerful than it would be otherwise; War between works!
March 23, 2020 at 11:45
(Cancer) Trevor » ram_goat
That is so true, procrastination is associated with 12th house, neptune, and some of the most creative people ever born have strong neptune, so escapism must be good for us too

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »