Dating by nakshatra

August 5, 2018 at 22:29 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) AdeptMagician
Dating by nakshatra
Hello all! Hope you are all doing well! :1:

So I have gotten into nakshatras a whole lot lately and am finding them to be way more accurate than traditional astrology. I am curious to know more about nakshatra combinations that work, and also, wouldnt it be awesome if there was a nakshatra function on the match thing on this site?

What do you all think? Also I can strongly recommend this blog and her youtube videos, they are simply MIND BLOWING about nakshatras! https://www.cosmetiqueastrology.com/… It seems like a shallow fashion blogger but trust me it is anything but. She goes into such detail about the nakshatras it is literally mind blowing.

I wish you all the best and am looking forward to any replies here! :1:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 8, 2018 at 16:17
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user heatedheavy, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
yes, the lunar mansions as they call it. i find that descriptions of people using moon placement in nakshatras are quite accurate, all things taken into account. even physical features. when you say "nakshatra combinations that work"? are you referring to synastry nakshatra combinations? because their is a such thing in vedic astrology. it seems to hold up fairly well theoretically and also in my personal experience. moon sign compatibility between two people are often overlooked. since the moon placement shows are most intimate and deepest feelings and thoughts.
September 2, 2018 at 13:22
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user arrowhorse, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I checked out the website https://www.cosmetiqueastrology.com and found it to be very informative and interesting.

I have been impressed with my limited use of nakshatras in comparing Moons and it did accurately assess a conflict in compatibility by nakshatra analysis alone.

I´ve also found the temperaments assigned to the nakshatras helpful in determining compatibility.There are 3 temperaments assigned to your Moon:

You are either A DEVIL, A HUMAN. OR A SAINT.

Here is the link to a website that discusses temperaments.

http://www.sevenreflections.com/tem…
September 2, 2018 at 22:28
(Taurus) AdeptMagician » heatedheavy
For some reason I do not get notifications every time I get a reply here, so I missed your post! Maybe its my email.

Yeah, I am thinking of say the compatibility of a Hasta ascendant / Sravana Moon / Ashwini Sun together with an Jyetesha asc / Mula Moon / Revati Sun.. or any combination like that. I think a calculator using these significators would possibly make for a very interesting synastry, the possibilities seem incredible on a site like this too!!

I hear the best and most accurate way to go is by using the nakshatras but on a tropical and not sidereal zodiac... not sure what I think out of personal experience though..
September 2, 2018 at 22:34
(Taurus) AdeptMagician » arrowhorse
Yeah, I especially like her generated photos of each sign, I do see some similarities with people I know of the nakshatra in question when looking on the site!

Interesting about the temperaments, that site says I´m of Human temperament but I would like to know how it is calculated because both my ascendant, moon and sun are in angelic nakshatras and yet that site still says I have a human temperament!

Check out these tables
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 2, 2018 at 22:35
See the table above to see what animal a sign is, though I think this is mostly for sexual compatibility
Login
(Log in)
September 2, 2018 at 23:55
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » AdeptMagician
System message: Post has been written by user arrowhorse, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Thanks for the helpful charts. You are right about the animal symbol chart being for sexual compatibility.
September 3, 2018 at 00:12
Glad you liked it, I got the table from Claires site. Perhaps we can post other helpful tables and illustrations in this thread so that we have an easy overview for anyone interested in the topic.

Here is an illustration of the nakshatras and the signs from Google images.
Login
(Log in)
September 3, 2018 at 00:14
I also found this which seems to be using a different terminology. Any ideas of what it is?
Login
(Log in)
September 3, 2018 at 02:41
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » AdeptMagician
=====
I haven´t the foggiest.
September 16, 2020 at 12:32
(Pisces) Logo777 » AdeptMagician
I can say that the following Vedic texts also have a system of 28 Nakshatras:

- Yajur Veda, Maitrayani Samhita II.13.20

- Atharva Veda XIX.7,2 5

- Taittiriya Brahmana I.5, III. 1.4 5

But that is not all.
According to Rangasami Laksminarayana Kashyap, Jayalakshmi Kantarajan (Taittirīya Brāhmaṇa: Text in Devanāgari and Translation),
in the Vedic period, a person´s Nakshatra was defined as follows:

"Star which is nearest to the moon at their birth-time is the birth-star."
September 16, 2020 at 14:07
(Virgo) MarvinReal » AdeptMagician
Nakshatra Matching plays a small part, say 10%, in Marriage Matching. Ashtakoot Guna Milan is one of 5-7 steps in the overall Kundali Matching.
September 16, 2020 at 14:14
(Virgo) MarvinReal » Logo777
Interesting that Arabic period of Western Tropical Astrology has also some sort of 28 lunar mansions, which can be both Tropical and Sidereal.
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/l…
Here is one https://bit.ly/3mv0Dkv because you don´t have time of birth, it cannot be calculated.
September 16, 2020 at 14:28
(Pisces) Logo777 » MarvinReal
This is true only for medieval classical jyotish. But in the Vedas (Shruti) there is a completely different jyotish, in which the nakshatras are the basis of everything.

Nakshatra, according to the Vedas, can be easily identified by astronomical software.
September 16, 2020 at 14:56
I don´t understand what are you trying to say. How many joytish versions exist?

Both system are imprecise. It will always be approximate.
Nakshatra boundaries don´t exactly align with real star clusters and constellations. Their boundaries are set arbitrary to make them divisible 27 times by 3.20, which makes is 360.00. They are overlapping each other in real sense and thus each neighbouring Rasis are sharing Nakshatras.
I believe that Western astrology developed 28 lunar mansions because the Moon takes 27.322 days per lunar month. Thus it´s neither 27, nor 28.

You mean that the Vedas predicted future existence of astronomical software?
September 16, 2020 at 15:09
Above, I have cited references to the Vedas, in which there are 28 nakshatras, not 27.
In the Vedic period, nakshatras were generally not measured in equal segments of the ecliptic. Mathematical astrology in India began only with the creation of the Vedanga Jyotish text...
The nakshatras in Shruti are asterisms and individual stars. Different sizes and lengths.
And today there are different directions of jyotish. Parasara and Jaimini are not the whole Jyotish today.

https://www.astro.com/astrology/…
September 16, 2020 at 15:30
I see. Well, astrology is developing. Sometimes backwards, alike humans. Babylonian zodiac was also eventually standardized with 12 equal signs after several experiments. Egyptians and Greeks adopted that approach. But in fact it creates imprecise results, especially when boundaries of Rasis and Nakshatras are taken literally. Two neighbouring nakshatras are often considered less compatible, while they might be in the same star cluster under different system, especially if boundaries are taken with certain extra orbs allowance. Some nakshatras are not compatible with itself, i.e. a partner with the same nakshatra is not a good match, rather only average one, which seems shocking. Also, many Vedic doshas in are counting compatibility by distance between them, e.g. 1,4,7,11 from each other, but if boundaries between nakshatras are wrong, and they are 28 nakshatras, or having slightly different sizes than we are told, or ayanamsa are chosen wrongly, it makes variety of wrong results. In Dating, this might be a huge issue if some couple is told to get low score just because Moons are being in boundary area, or by using wrong methodology.
September 16, 2020 at 15:44
I tried to watch nakshatras in 28 equal sidereal segments. According to ayanamsha - the Galactic Equator. And I came to the unequivocal conclusion that this best corresponds to the position of the Moon in real stars.

Using 27 equal sidereal segments is complete nonsense. For example, the Moon is really in the stars of Uttara Ashadha, but the segment will be the twentieth - Purva Ashadha ...
September 16, 2020 at 16:02
Perfect testing! Some other people, for example Promethean_Soul, also discovered many interesting things in his sidereal research on celebrities.

Where do you watch and recognize whether stars of Uttara Ashadha is more appropriate than stars of Purva Ashadha for particular position?
September 16, 2020 at 16:08
App - Indian Sky Map

and

Stellarium.
September 16, 2020 at 16:28
Indian Sky Map is interesting, but no ayanamsa and no dates before 1900 AD. :115:
September 16, 2020 at 16:41
J2000, J1900, B1950.
September 16, 2020 at 16:54
Astronomical definitions of star constellations boundaries weren´t meant to be used in astrology, because constellations overlap each other in some cases, and having empty segments between them in other cases. Sidereal astrologers know that. But maybe with nakshatras it is easier than with Rashis as the error is far smaller than with entire signs.

Description for J2000, J1900, B1950: "These ayanamshas are not used in astrology. In fact, they are not ayanamshas at all, but astronomical sidereal coordinate systems, where the tropical ecliptic of the beginning of the year 2000, 1900, or 1950 is defined as a sidereal reference frame."
September 16, 2020 at 16:58
In fact, before the creation of the Babylonian Zodiac, in the form of equal sidereal signs, it was the Zodiacal Constellations that were used in the more ancient Sumerian.
September 16, 2020 at 17:04
The same thing I said before. Persian / Chaldean / Babylonian / Sumerian / Mezopotamian. ... astronomy and astrology.

No more replies. Leaving forum for good.
September 16, 2020 at 17:13
Okay, as you please.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Full Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »