Your neighbors and neighborhood

March 17, 2020 at 22:07 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) Nola_la
Your neighbors and neighborhood
From what I remember 3rd house talks about our neighborhood and neighbors. That´s one thing.

The second I´ve heard says the third house describes the environment in which we grew up. But it´s really about childhood and primary school education (?)

How can you relate to that? My third house is empty, tbere is only Virgo on the cusp... So I find it a little difficult to compare...

And what are your experiences with neighbors, with life in specific neighborhood? It seems to me that everyone has had bad neighbors next door at least once in life...
In some places, bad neighbors are unfortunately everyday life. :8:

How do the planets in the 3rd house or the sign on the cusp relate to your experience with your neighbors?
Maybe Uranus in the 3rd house gives strange neighbors? Do you live in an area where the neighbors are very curious and "watch you"? :2:

Or have you moved so many times that you´ve not even remembered the faces of your neighbours and never been interested in them?

I can only guess... :1:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
March 17, 2020 at 22:26
(Aries) ram_goat
I try never to get to know my neighbors too well.
Once they get to know you they start to impose on you.
Maybe I am cold and unfriendly because of this.

In almost all cases, they come and engage with me out of curiosity.
I talk with them a little but I never seek them out first, and I never
seek them out without serious reasons to do so.

I don´t want to talk politics or any of that other small stuff with them.
Mostly I want them to be quiet & not bother me, and I will be quiet as well.

I stay on good terms with neighbors if I can, but I have little to do with my own,
anywhere I have lived. I don´t like gossip and I don´t like them coming to my door
too much. There are many other people I care about deeply in this world to have
too much time for my immediate neighbors. My coldness & disinterest reinforces invisible boundaries. Really I like freedom.. I want to be free from them and I wish
them to be free of me. It sounds a bit perverse, but it´s a major truth about my attitudes and dealings.

March 17, 2020 at 22:45
(Leo) RunnerChic85
I’m on friendly terms with my neighbors, but we really don’t talk much...busy running between work and kids activities, so we’re lucky if it’s a hi/bye and small talk once a week. I actually prefer to keep it that way.

As for the neighborhood growing up, I don’t know, nothing out of the ordinary, I guess. My parents were friendly with them, but not super close.

I have Leo on the cusp of the 3rd but no planets.

I guess the only way I can relate mine...they say 3rd house is also for siblings—my brother is also a Leo.

3rd house is also communication. I also checked my progression—my 3rd house progression is in Libra, and Mercury is there. Makes sense why at work they always wanted me for claims phone intake (even though I really didn’t like it)—they said I always calmed down those difficult callers.
March 18, 2020 at 01:36
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
I try and be amiable with my neighbor’s. I actually have a friend in my downstairs neighbor .

Like all relationships I try and have a reasonably balanced give and take.

It would be great to always have genuine friends as neighbors.
I agree with Ramgoat to an extent.....I don’t want to spend too much time if I just have a lukewarm feeling about them.

Having an actual enemy for a neighbor would suck.

I am glad to have avoided that so far.

My 3rd house is also empty. It’s In Sagittarius. That seems like a decent 3rd house sign.

I will have to think on the specific meaning for me.

Now landlords....ohhh....that’s a whole different deal! :4:
March 18, 2020 at 02:32
(Libra) themagi
I have Saturn, Uranus and Neptune in my third.

Always lived in apartments, never in houses....so neighboors where never problems. Never had relationships with them....occasional hi on the elevator....live in a pretty well off area and they are all corteous and keep to themselves.
March 18, 2020 at 03:14
(Gemini) SSSSireen
I’m currently learning/comparing Placidus with Whole. Via Whole Signs Taurus is on the cusp, thus Chiron and Mercury are in the third. Via Placidus, my Gemini sun is on the cusp of third yet it is in the second. Jupiter is in my third house (and Black Moon Lilith mean and true 😏).

I grew up on a busy street. Two lanes one way, median/esplanade, then two lanes the other way. There was a park nearby and we had a big backyard. We had some other kids on the same block. They were all slightly younger than me, mostly my younger brothers age, about a three year difference. There were decent times and times of strife, but such is life.

Since my childhood home/neighborhood I’ve lived in a reasonable amount of places. Most of my experiences with neighbors has been amicable. Like we don’t hang out or go into each other’s house (well...haha maybe I should say they have not been in mine). Luckily nothing too crazy has occurred...often.

I rented a place about a block from my buddy - also Gemini 👯‍♀️ - fun times.

**I guess it couldn’t hurt to edit/note, that my boyfriend (together 20 years) was a neighbor then my roommate then my sweetie. ❤️
March 18, 2020 at 03:51
(Aries) ram_goat » ram_goat
Growing up I moved a lot. Home was very chaotic. Chiron in 3rd..

We never stayed put long enough to really get to know the neighbors, and never lived
places where there were a lot of other kids. It was mostly middle aged adults, or children older or younger than me, so time at home or in the neighborhood was very solitary. I was on my own, there was no center to the neighborhood or group of kids. I lived in the middle of an avocado grove for many years too, so that was more solitude but also a lot of imagination and free time- free to do what I liked, when I liked, how I liked, with very little adult supervision in anything. Life was chaotic when adults/parents were around, peaceful when they were not. Not exactly a neighbor story.. more the absence of neighbors..
March 18, 2020 at 04:19
(Cancer) TimeLord
Sun in Cancer 3rd House.
Neither neighbors care about me not I care about them. All are backstabbers and hidden enimies.
March 18, 2020 at 06:35
(Aquarius) Amdash
Most of my neighbors and I are " aware "of each other.
We all generally stick to our own world and focus on just doing what every regular person does which is just staying above ground and keeping a roof over our heads. We don´t do any of those neighborhood whatever´s just live.
March 18, 2020 at 06:48
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
I believe you have " :162:" in the 3rd house; Which the Hindus name Ketu.
:153: in :182: is your least aspected planet, most would say "unaspected".
:153: would be searching for all the associations with your natal :173: :164:; Both materialistic and spiritual.
My own third house has two of the usual water-sign rulers; The :64: for mediaeval witches and the one rediscovered in 1846.
I was in very different and diverse neighbourhoods growing-up; There was not much of a single theme.
March 18, 2020 at 07:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user KsenyaT, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Nola_la, it seems you have risen one of my most intriguing themes about third house in natal chart :-)
Basically the third house is all about your ways of communication with outer world, your ability to study, accept information, the way you talk and yes, it´s also about our neighborhood, relatives and friends.
My cusp in 3 house is in Sagittarius but major part lies in Capricorn and I´m rather confused because I tend more to Capricorn as the way of communicating, I mean some kind of distance towards neighborhood as Capricorn is not about expressing our emotions, it is more serious and I´d rather say- solid sign. But Sagittarius gives that ultimate desire for exploring everything new, changing places of life, it´s really active.
Talking about planets in the third house- I have both retro Uranus and Neptune and damn, it´s something difficult to express by words. I guess having these planets in the third house give me some weird ability to learn foreign languages by my own intuitive way, I learn them very fast without any problems, it´s like you are a sponge, accepting huge massive of different information. And I´m left-handed with ability to write by both hands, i.e. ambidexterity. That is also very surprising. I´d like to know if there are any indications in the chart which might tell about left-handers...interesting.
But I guess having Neptune in this house is not very nice because it gives some blurred way of balancing between your inner and outer world.
March 18, 2020 at 07:23
(Scorpio) gardensav
Very interesting topic.
I have Pluto, Chiron and Venus in 3rd. I would say I have normal neighbours although Pluto and Chiron sounds like I´m living with some mysterious, dark people (or is it just me haha).
I mean, I don´t have much contacts with them because I see them rarely.
March 18, 2020 at 09:15
(Taurus) dani_mae1
I don’t have anything significant going on in my third house... I think. But our current neighbors, we developed a relationship with them quickly. They moved in and we welcomed them and about a week later they had to have my family in their wedding. They paid for my hubs and I to be part of the bridal party and the girls were flower girls and at the time my son was a baby, so they hired childcare as well. After a WEEK. If anything ever escalated quickly, it was that.
March 18, 2020 at 10:28
(Libra) leorising
I have south node in libra 3rd house, Pluto in 3rd scorpio, sun in 3rd scorpio. Since I was a teenager I feel detached from my sisters and neighbors, I live in a poor district of My city, there is drug trafficking In my district, neighbors that already were in prison. But my district looks like a country side for many time , today there is more stores , and the city bus station will be here in 2 years ...
I always like to study , and I stayed away from it all.
This is a quality of my 3rd house south node ..
I have Pluto (3rd) square mars (7th)
I work for justice (9th house Aries), nowadays I received respect for a few neighbors ..

:68:
March 18, 2020 at 16:37
(Aries) nutelina » ram_goat
Ha that´s so cool. I used to be all friendly and helpful (Cancer rising) but now that I´m older I see that I was never getting anything in return or just shit. Which is very weird, Taurus moon should maybe be more calculative but I guess Capri moons are that as well. I have a friend with Capri moon and Cancer sun, he can be extremely egoistical yet trying to ´help´ you as he sees fit. It´s weird when you have a Sun friend like your rising. It´s a subconscious thing.

As for the third house indeed I see Nola is quite discerning. Leo rising wants attention, always but Leo is also shy because being the king all the time is exhausting. I have Leo in the 3rd house so I´m a natural sales man I guess. I always tend to cheer other people up but I actually thought I had Virgo in the 3rd house too but that´s my North node... It´s also a very Slavic thing to keep to yourself, I noticed the difference here. In Holland people are much more intrusive but in a kind manner, I think a lot like Americans or English...?
March 18, 2020 at 17:29
(Sagittarius) orkest
Chiron in 3rd. North Node in 3rd.

I´ve never been paying attention to my ´neighbours´ (local social circle let´s say) which was my mistake. Casual good morning, good day at most. I didn´t want to invite friends becouse I had not my own room. That´s how I was explaining it to myself. Actually I´ve never organized birthday party with someone else than family. When the problem arose I would run away. When I was younger, to my world, could be a book. Later to distant places. I see it as manifestation of South Node in 9th.

Then I met a person who is totally opposite. No wonder - Gemini Venus in 11th.
Moon in Aquarius in 7th. I´ve been living with her for 3 years. Many visits, casual talks, almost like running an open house. Always a coffee or something to treat the guests. Has she expected anything in return? That´s the approach I´ve been imagining is right.
March 18, 2020 at 21:58
(Aquarius) nikkia
Hi Nola_La,
I hope all is well with you.

My 3ed house is split between Pisces and Aries with Moon 5 degrees of Aries. My childhood is also spilt in two (with 2 mothers, too). The earliest part was magical which I attribute to Pisces:

I was raised in gorgeous New York City neighborhood with incredible neighbors.
My early public school education was creative and kind.

I was surrounded by people from over the world! People who spoke different languages, ate different foods, sang different songs and and taught me the same. Amazing !

As children, we were always ´watched´ from afar and kept safe without adults being strict or restrictive. We were FREE to be kids. Doors were unlocked. We´d barge into anyone´s house or apartment and we´d be welcomed, fed and loved ! (Very motherly / Moon)

Everyone knew everyone. Neighbors took care of each other. I love and cherish these memories!

Now, with Aries -- just figure the opposite experiences with neighbors and education. Not pretty.

I´ve moved dozens of times in my life -- and yes, I have both Pisces and Aries stories with neighbors!

I bet with a little work, Virgo can tell you a lot about your early environment.
March 19, 2020 at 12:34
(Scorpio) SpaceChild
Interesting.. my 3rd is empty and in Gemini. (Whole Sign it´s in Cancer with Mars occupying it, trine Pluto)

I spent some time growing up in apartment complex as a child. I was friends with nearly ALL the other kids.

As a teen, I lived in a house, and eventually had a "relationship" with the boy across the street. My dad was friends with his mother as well. She even took me back to school shopping one year, as my mother could not.

As an adult in my first own home, we were already friends with the people behind us, but when new neighbors came around, we both would hang out at their house. It was quite a fun time in my life.

Once we moved from that place, we were friendly with the new neighbors we had, and we already knew the neighbors that were beside us, yet again lol.

In our place now, we have not engaged with any neighbors.
March 19, 2020 at 23:42
(Pisces) Nola_la » ram_goat
I think that many / most (?) adults have this attitude towards their neighbours... I understand it and in many cases it´s not surprising. And I am not different - I just want to take care of my own life and the house is for me and my rest - I want to have peace there :3: :3: :3:
March 20, 2020 at 00:43
(Pisces) Nola_la » themagi
"I have Saturn, Uranus and Neptune in my third.

Always lived in apartments, never in houses....so neighboors where never problems. Never had relationships with them....occasional hi on the elevator...."

That´s interesting. I don´t know much about planets in 3rd house, but at first glance I associate Neptune and Uranus in 3rd house with something chaotic, unstable...So I imagine this like...You really move a lot,change flats quite often, you are not attached to your place of living or neighborhood...I believe that with Neptune in 3rd you have no interest in neighbours, you may not even know them...

But I heard that Neptune in 3rd can give neighbors that drink a lot :117:, lol or with different kinds of addictions :3: :4: :4:
March 20, 2020 at 00:53
(Pisces) Nola_la » SSSSireen
>"**I guess it couldn’t hurt to edit/note, that my boyfriend (together 20 years) was a neighbor then my roommate then my sweetie. ❤️"

Hahahaha, what a story :3:
March 21, 2020 at 03:11
(Pisces) fishscales
Sag is on my third, with Jupiter in the third...but my Jupiter is in Capricorn...

Relationships with neighbors have always been pretty good...

But not TOO good...

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »