Career and Money Confusion/Frustration

February 26, 2020 at 03:50 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) RunnerChic85
Career and Money Confusion/Frustration
Hi everyone,

Lately I´ve been feeling stagnant in terms of career, and on top of it my family and I have had a lot of financial setbacks.

I enjoy my job (workers comp claims), like my coworkers, but don´t feel a lot of purpose from it. I´ve been passed over for promotions a few times when I´ve felt well-qualified (this department Activities team that I lead that I´d mentioned in the past is only volunteer and temporary--new leader end of March--plus how today went, I´m not sure my superior even likes me as a leader--now I could be reading into it because I´m in one of my moods today.

In March, and again in June, a couple more people will be up for promotion. I´m afraid I´ll be passed over again.It makes me even more frustrated at luck, fate, etc when a coworker whose family is well-off gets the promotion and more $$, when my family could use it.

I have a degree in psychology, thought about pursuing that, but took this insurance job after my first son was born to pay the bills.

I´m also writing and illustrating my first children´s book that deals with diversity and inclusion, and have been working on it since December.

Lately we´ve had so many financial setbacks--car troubles, needed new furnace, medical bills, debt upon debt I feel is never ending.

Does anyone see anything positive in my chart about an end in sight to the financial setbacks and getting out of debt?

Also, just as much, and probably even more so than financially (although I do want my family to be stable), I want to feel like I´m contributing to the world. I want to feel like I´m making a difference...for some reason I don´t feel like I am doing so in workers comp claims. I´ll be 35 this summer, and for some reason, that number really bothers me (sorry to sound melodramatic--I know many here are older)...I just have this feeling I´m wasting time...plus I have some early wounding around career...some not so kind things that have been said to me.

Any indicators in my chart where I could see career success? Or maybe this might be a lifetime where career isn´t a focus and I just need to ride it out?

Thanks in advance!

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 26, 2020 at 04:10
(Pisces) fishscales
"Lately we´ve had so many financial setbacks--car troubles, needed new furnace, medical bills, debt upon debt I feel is never ending."

Oh man I hear you...

I think we need to examine the possibility that this is the normal financial condition of people with multiple children though...the more people, the more things can go wrong...the more things get used and wear out... Cars...I get myself to where I need to be, but I have 3 kids... Assuming my wife takes care of half their transpo needs, my car is not getting just one person where they need to be, but 2.5 people...and if you have kids in sports and music, they need to be in alot of places...

Kids also break stuff... And grow out of things...

That being said...

Not much going on transit-wise in your 2nd house... Or your 8th, representing your partner´s finances...

See what happens when you finish your book...upswing?

Even though there´s nothing much going on in your 8th, you might want tο check out your husband´s second house transits too, since he´s part of the equation...
February 26, 2020 at 09:46
(Aries) ram_goat
from the "blind & deaf" thread on turkish sayings..

Doğru söyleyeni dokuz köyden kovarlar.
…ama onuncusuna muhtar olur.

the man who tells the truth is driven out of nine villages
but in the tenth village, he becomes the chief

Sometimes you have to quit work at one place and go work
somewhere else to get the promotion or to be seen differently than
you are seen at the current job. In the military they shuffle officers
around for the same reasons.. it´s often hard to command men you once
sat next to when you were equal to them in rank.. they only see their old buddy, not the rank.. Businesses can be siliar.. people get used to seeing you and thinking about you a certain way. It´s a lot easier to get a job somewhere else than it is to change everyone´s minds one at at time at the current place. Just one of those things in life.

In the navy you don´t usually get to be captain on a ship you served on as XO.. the people under you need to see you as the captain, not as the former XO.. so guys get moved around for that reason. Easier to command a new crew who has never known you as anything less than captain. Similar psychology is also at play in the civilian world.
February 26, 2020 at 10:02
(Aries) ram_goat
Or maybe this might be a lifetime where career isn´t a focus and I just need to ride it out?

quite the contrary, it would appear from your chart that focusing more on career would help you a lot..but you also have small children who need that same attention. A puzzle to solve. From your chart description:

Mercury Opposition Jupiter (3°12’, Applying)
This aspect brings extremist thinking. These people sometimes have doubts about their beliefs and they have difficulties to synchronise theories with practice. They are restless and they often move abroad.

Square- Mars Square Saturn (5°11’, Applying)
This aspect brings one personality trait that is not very constructive - these people are often unable to finish things they have started, even when it is important for them. They can get excited about it but then they quickly give up when they see obstacles along the way that appear to happen "by chance". These people often have a weaker will which reduces their stamina. It is precisely the problem that they should learn to deal with in life - they should learn to be more persistent and firm and to complete things they have started.

Sun Square Saturn (5°15’, Separating)
This aspect creates two groups of people. People in the first group tend to give up when they encounter problems. When people in the second group encounter problems they get stimulated by them and perform better. These people often have lower self-esteem that can be improved by good work.

Ascendant Square Moon (0°11’, Separating)
This aspect can bring people instability and they may easily get influenced by others.

MC Square Neptune (4°01’, Applying)
The positive thing about this aspect is that it gives people intuition that helps them find their life path. The negative side of this aspect is that these people may lose their life direction because they are not clearly aware of their real abilities.

Node Square Mercury (0°20’, Applying)
The positive thing about this aspect is that it gives people intelligence and good life orientation. They enjoy searching for the background of their motives and they are able to critically and creatively deal with their personality. They are open towards others. They accept criticism easily and they do not avoid conflicts. They manage life challenges with the help of their analytical and logical thinking.
The negative side of this aspect is that these people may have poor focus on their life path. Their intellect always finds "good reasons" that stop them from focusing on a set goal. This is the reason why these people are often stubborn, have defensive attitudes and why they cling to things that put them at disadvantage.

Node Square Mars (3°54’, Separating)
The positive thing about this aspect is that it gives people vigour and determination that help them achieve their goals. They can fight with passion for what is important to them.
The negative side of this aspect is that it can cause great inner tension and frustration, because the fighting spirit and the desire to conquer can distract these people from the focal point if their life instead of pulling them towards it. There is a danger that they will create artificial image of their enemy as a result of suppressed aggression. The behaviour of these people is often inappropriate and their responses may be exaggerated.

Node Square Jupiter (2°52’, Separating)
The positive thing about this aspect is that these people are confident in their abilities and this helps them overcome challenges in life. Their life challenges are often connected with profound sensory experience and it gives people luck on their life journey.
The negative side of this aspect is that there is no harmony between the meaning of life and searching for its focal point. There may be strong internal dissatisfaction and excessive, unrealistic expectations. These people usually want more from life then they can get and they push everything negative out.
February 26, 2020 at 10:05
(Aries) ram_goat » ram_goat
you got nothing going on in 2nd & 8th house transits right now either..

no news is good news.

but houses 10,4,6 and 1 are lit up right now..

house 4- home & family

house 6- the house or service and daily routine.
February 26, 2020 at 10:30
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I would blame progressed AC that stuck right between your natal Mars and Mercury 2ndH Leo.

Your 2ndH Sun and Leo is giving you healthy attitude toward money and properties and protecting you from extremes (greed and poverty) because your´re balanced and aware in that filed.
Mars, on the other hand, is making you to spend little bit more on some social events and also making you generous in that field while Mercury that rules your 4thH and 11thH is forcing you to give little bit more on medicine (Virgo) and short trips, including car (Gemini) motivated by some intellectual and emotional conditions and needs. Since Mercury is retrograde its influence obviously turned hard for you lately...

All this Mercury-Mars 2ndH natal story is triggered by your progressed AC creating some kind of objective focus there for you to overcome it and evolve that way.

Besides this you have progressed IC on your natal 4thH Pluto which can mean that this situation is pushing you to solve some issue related to heritage, family and so on...
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
February 26, 2020 at 11:05
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » fishscales
Thanks fishscales...not good at the transits thing, but his natal, interesting. He has south node and Saturn :42: in second, in Scorpio.His toughest from Saturn seems to be behind him, and around 30 he finally found some stability...although it´s not the career he wants the rest of his life either.

His 8th in Taurus has sun moon and NN.
February 26, 2020 at 11:37
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » ram_goat
Thanks for this info (and from the other posts). Ideally, what would help would be a promotion where I got a boost of income somewhere, or some sort of job change where we got a boost of income to help out with the debt, but it didn´t put a strain on 4th house matters.

Back in December my current job required more hours from us, permanently. That sounded ideal in terms of $$, but it´s been taking away from my family (my kids are in sports so things are already hectic) and I feel guilty. Then my furnace dies and I need to take a 401K loan so little good did than extra $$ do.

I can see your point about being promoted elsewhere. Our department does promote within, but I can see how it might be difficult for them to see me other than a friend/coworker, or maybe some jealousy (I´m mature about it and keep my frustrations in my head, but not everyone does).

Yeah the Mars square Saturn does sound a lot like me...tends to be a life pattern. I go at something hard, and I go quite awhile, but lose steam when I get frustrated/discouraged. I have been known to pick things up again where I left off though.
February 26, 2020 at 11:52
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » Moon_Queen
Thanks Moon Queen, wow, does that make sense!

The medical issues that have racked up so much debt--I have been suffering from some problems the last six months that back in January doctors finally diagnosed as vestibular migraines (the kind where I feel like the room in spinning)--sounds like Mercury. I had been getting them almost daily. I´m finally on meds that are working, so I might get a migraine once a week, as opposed to every day--huge improvement. On top of that, I´ve been forced to take a look at my health and what triggers for me are--too much caffeine, wine, lack of sleep.

Yes, Mars has me spending on social events too--brother and his family came up for Christmas this year, they got us a lot, we didn´t want to look like cheap skates so Christmas drained us. Add the fact that we have two kids with January birthdays, and our 8-year old wanted a party, and our hotel stay for their hockey tournament.

Interesting about progressed IC...Pluto means change. I´m hoping change is positive :1:
February 26, 2020 at 12:27
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » RunnerChic85
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Well, your 4thH is nice with that Libra Moon in it and Pluto is good with 6tH Neptune so I would expect only good events and outcome of this "call for transformation" related to tradition and inherited emotions. :15:
February 26, 2020 at 16:17
(Virgo) Nani Lei
Good morning from Lake Country WI! Go Pack Go! :4:
I’m sorry to hear about your professional struggles and wanted to share a resource of hope to you. Sara Blondin is the founder of a podcast called Live Awake. There are several guided meditation sessions available approximately 10 min long. Very easy to listen to. (I like to listen to them on my way to work).

https://soundcloud.com/liveawakepod…

Here’s her website:

https://www.sarahblondin.com/

Perhaps this may be something you would consider doing too.
February 27, 2020 at 00:34
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » Nani Lei
Hi nani nook, nice to meet another Wisconsinite Packer fan ?

Thanks for the links, I´ll have to check them out :1:
February 27, 2020 at 04:10
(Pisces) fishscales » RunnerChic85
My question for you and nani is who is going to be the first to go cheesehead in their profile pic :4:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Sagittarius Sagittarius
Show calendar »