Are you....

February 24, 2020 at 05:45 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Are you....
A. Harsh/direct with people and then regret it afterwards

B. Harsh/direct with people but rarely regret it afterwards

C. Usually never harsh or direct because you´re sensitive to other people´s feelings

D. Some combination of the above

No value judgments, this is only for my personal research.

I´m probably D, but I´ve noticed alot of A and B creeping in lately...especially B....in the past, I´ve probably been more C dominant...

Note: "harsh" doesn´t necessarily mean "mean"... Although the other person may construe it that way... It´s more about telling it like you see it...

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
February 24, 2020 at 06:05
(Virgo) Nani Lei
I’m definitely a C...for Cancer! Is the price right, Bob?
February 24, 2020 at 06:30
(Scorpio) Angelina
I think D.
It depends on a person I am communicating with. If I feel, that he is super sensitive and vulnerable I will never tell directly uncomfortable things.
In other situations I don´t like hiding my opinion and I will say that directly, but again, I will try to say that in mostly diplomatic way as it is possible.
But if a person is rude, then I am really harsh and can say totally everything I have on my mind.
February 24, 2020 at 06:47
(Sagittarius) Murrderface88
B. But depends on the person, place and what I´m communicating. If I can tell my first approach confuses or unsettles the person then I´ll change my approach to a C.
February 24, 2020 at 06:56
(Scorpio) Nalani Makaio
I´m D for sure.
February 24, 2020 at 07:04
(Aries) ram_goat
A & B
February 24, 2020 at 07:38
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Tanya16, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Once I was clear C now I´m almost A even though I´m a diplomat and I still try to say things nice and not hard.
February 24, 2020 at 08:42
(Leo) pixel
C...I can become A if someone crosses the line...
February 24, 2020 at 08:50
(Aquarius) Amdash
I am mainly a C. But I do try to express my words carefully. So that way we can all sit on the same page.
February 24, 2020 at 09:00
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
C.
February 24, 2020 at 09:08
(Taurus) Iceblu333
Combination of A and B. But mostly B.

I am sensitive to other people´s feelings, but I have a rip the bandaid off now approach... I don´t like dragging on the inevitable. I like to get it over with now so I can move on to other problems.

I don´t like wasting my time, unless I´m enjoying it.
February 24, 2020 at 09:18
(Gemini) dontkillyourfuture
Mainly C, but sometimes A.
February 24, 2020 at 09:45
(Taurus) dani_mae1
D.

I erase and rewrite my responses a couple times before I post it for fear of miscommunication.
February 24, 2020 at 09:46
(Libra) leorising
Always “C” :17:
February 24, 2020 at 09:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
No regrets, I´m solid B :15:

O yes I can apologize and I can change perspective point but again no regret ...
February 24, 2020 at 10:52
(Leo) pixel » dani_mae1
Maybe I´m more D... I do the same ! And I edit my posts too... :42:
February 24, 2020 at 10:55
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » pixel
It’s so easy to be misunderstood via the internet. It’s hard to determine tone and sarcasm via the written word, but I do admire the folks who seem to do so with ease.
February 24, 2020 at 11:26
(Pisces) fishscales
Interesting, but not really surprising, that most of the A and B people have Mars or Aries involved with their Mercury...with some of the As having a softer moon sign..

Mercury in Libra and Cancer amongst a couple of the Cs...
February 24, 2020 at 11:52
(Pisces) fishscales » Murrderface88
"If I can tell my first approach confuses or unsettles the person then I´ll change my approach to a C."

Lately I´ve been taking more of a B approach with people who are perhaps more used to, or would feel more comfortable with, a C approach...sometimes I think it´s better to rip the bandaid off, to use iceblu´s term...

I find myself getting extremely impatient with people´s emotional sensitivities lately... I´m finding directness in communication to be easier and more honest than emotionally coddling people...don´t kmow if this is an astrology thing, just getting older, or what...

Cher´s "snap out of it!" line in Moonstruck comes to mind alot when dealing with some people lately...

Results have been mixed... The Cancer influenced are not impressed though :61:
February 24, 2020 at 12:00
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » fishscales
I looked at your current transit and mercury appears to be i your 6 house right now, so to me it makes sense communications would be “hard work” right now for you.
February 24, 2020 at 12:03
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
This topic is highly subjective, because it all depends on other people´s presumptions>attitudes>reactions. So I can´t objectively say about myself that I am C type. I think that I am C most of the time. But here is a catch. Let´s say you are kind, polite and considerate 90 % of time. And in 10 % of time you´re angry, rude, upset etc. Does that constitutes you as a bad one or a good one? Or does it rather proof that I am an ordinary human after all? I think that interaction with other people is a good things despite I am mostly in my 12th house. But my Mercury in tropical Libra, needs others. For that cause I think all signs without exception need it. Did you saw my topic abou EQ and Empathy?
February 24, 2020 at 12:19
(Pisces) fishscales » dani_mae1
This has been more of a gradual change for me than anything sudden, so I´m really looking at it more as an age thing than an astro thing...

That being said, I should check my transits for anything that could involve "lack of patience with emotionalism" :61:

I really think my moon in Aquarius is just getting stronger as I age though...
February 24, 2020 at 12:28
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » fishscales

I really think my moon in Aquarius is just getting stronger as I age though...”

I can see that. There are definitely periods of life one thing resonates more with us. I feel like I’m going through a Sagittarius period but haven’t looked up anything to confirm it.

I have an affinity with the way the Aquarius mind works. My husband and daughter are both Aquarius sun, and their minds are such a rich playground. I can talk with them about anything for hours. Since you appear to be coming into your Aquarian moon, this post makes a lot of sense to me. Trying to see the bigger picture it appears!
February 24, 2020 at 13:07
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Just as you say for yourself, I developed "B" approach not because of short temper but because of time and energy save...

I´m not glad when I have to cut the crap, but it is more economic that way.

If someone has spinach on his teeth it is rude to say "hay Lady you have a little bit of spinach on your teeth" but it is way more effective than to go around and choose the words and approach...
February 24, 2020 at 15:28
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
I would say D as well.

It all depends on context.

Also what is harsh specifically mean?

Calling someone names I regard as harsh.

It’s also a sign of someone who is losing a debate.
( and a jerk)

Presenting facts arrived at through empirical methods is never harsh.

Subjects which are pure opinion are just that opinion.
No right or wrong.

The third is a mix of the two above.

Auto tune sucks! Is my opinion based on the fact that it enables people who can’t sing to be singers.

It is an assault on those who have talent and who work hard to achieve a great singing voice.

It sounds fake.

The freezing point of water or the melting point of iron are in no way opinions.

I bring this up because I have had debates where insisting on facts is considered harsh.

So what is harsh?

Edit...I have Mars in my first house and usually very direct. I do recognize that how concepts are expressed is crucial.
February 24, 2020 at 15:56
(Pisces) fishscales » Moon_Queen
"If someone has spinach on his teeth it is rude to say "hay Lady you have a little bit of spinach on your teeth" but it is way more effective than to go around and choose the words and approach..."

Continuing with that metaphor...

What I really don´t get is the people who quickly wipe the spinach away, but still get mad at you for pointing it out :61:

Again, I´m not talking about spinach here, just using it as metaphor...

So some people agree with your assesment, even act on it, but get mad because you didn´t dress it up in a pretty bow and make it smell nice first...

When I was a new supervisor at my current job, me and one of the other new supervisors got called into the office. Not by the manager, but by one of the old-time female employees. The employee points to the one supervisor and says "nobody respects you because you always break down and cry at the slightest thing." Of course, the girl breaks down crying right there. Then she points to me and says "nobody thinks you know what the fuck you´re talking about." Which was true: I was new to the business, and got promoted more on the basis of work ethic than knowledge of the business. I actually thought my promotion was a bit premature, but given my situation, I was not going to argue with more money. At any rate, we talked for a while and she gave us some tips. And yeah, she did flesh out her comments a little bit. But she really got our attention with those opening statements. At the end of the conversation the employee tells us that she´s just looking out for her "kids". (She was quite a bit older than both of us.)

To this day, as the manager, I continue to go to this woman when I need someone to tell me something on the level, and I´ll always be grateful for that first office conversation. If she had dressed it up all pretty first, I doubt it would have had the same effect.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »