North node life path interpretation

February 16, 2020 at 01:01 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) IrrationalKiss
North node life path interpretation
Hello,

I´ve been on the site for a few months now, but this is my first post on the forum .

My lunar nodes are Sagittarius (north) and Gemini (south) at 12°56´. With my Nn being in my 5th house I know it has something to do with child and fun overall. Is this a indicator that I should reconsider motherhood? Pluto is also in my 5th and from my research found that it could mean the loss of a child. Can anyone tell the what this placement is guiding me to do ? Also what does the 12° indicate ?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 16, 2020 at 13:48
(Pisces) fishscales
The 5th house covers many areas of life...

Not just children...

It rules creativity (hence its association with children), creative and personal self expression, love affairs, play. I see it as representing the creative aspect of sex (as opposed to the more personal/psychological aspects, represented by the 8th house), although I´m probably in the minority in that view.

So, your 5th house NN could be pushing you in the direction of any of the above things, not neccesarily children.

Keep in mind the sign position of your NN as well. It´s in Sag, indicating you should pursue those 5th house matters in a Sagitarrian way: with an adventurous, broad-minded, optimistic--and not necessarily overly organized--attitude. NN in Sag could mean that long distance travel or even higher education on behalf of 5th house affairs might be good for your development too.

Now, in your situation, you have the NN in the 5th in your Placidus chart, and in the 6th in your whole sign chart.

When people are in this situation, I tell them to look at their South Node in both charts and see which placement feels right to them. The reason I say South Node is because it represents qualities we have already developed that we now need to balance out. It represents the direction we already "lean" in, but need to balance out with the NN direction. Continuing along our SN path will also not be greeted with any progress.

So, in Placidus, your SN is in your 11th house, indicating that you are already well versed in dealing with friends, large groups, fraternities, and the collective. Time to focus on the more personal, individual issues represented by the 5th house.

In whole signs, your SN is in the 12th, indicating experience with solitude, isolation, dreaminess... or the dissolution of barriers in a person of very high consciousness... That last one doesn´t apply to most of us regular folk though... IMO...

With NN in the 6th, you need to develop your practical, responsible, side. Attention to detail, health, work, and the importance of everyday, routine activities are things you need to embrace according to this placement.

Which SN placement feels right to you?
February 16, 2020 at 14:04
(Pisces) fishscales
Also, don´t fall into the trap of thinking that a single planetary placement (such as your 5th house Pluto) indicates a certain outcome.

For the death of a child, you´d be looking for linkages between the 5th and 8th house: and even in that situation, what you could be seeing could involve inheritance issues or financial matters involving children. The 8th house has multiple meanings, as does the 5th, and every other house in the horoscope.
February 17, 2020 at 21:00
(Taurus) IrrationalKiss » fishscales
Thank you for responding.
I never looked into whole signs, but it does resonate with me.

SN in the 12 makes sense I do spend most of time isolated. Although I´m not a big fan of it solitude is a normal thing for me.

NN in the 6th I do tend to struggle with everyday matters! I.e. having poor health and not finding stability in work.

Omg I´m so confused now because both placidus and whole house system make sense :63: :25:
February 19, 2020 at 11:42
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild » IrrationalKiss
There´s no reason to be confused, most everyone finds commonalities (and discrepancies) in their charts under different systems. That´s the tricky thing about astrological charts as a concept: they attempt to measure the immeasurable. So, I think it makes sense to explore different house systems and calculation techniques, as viewing the immeasurable through different lenses broadens the picture while adding a lot more detail to it. Although, it doesn´t hurt to figure out which lens gives you the clearest view, simply for convenience´s sake.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »