RELOCATION

February 9, 2020 at 12:43 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) SJBjupiter
RELOCATION
May be someone can help me by telling me how do I do a relocation of a Natel chart using Astroseek?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 9, 2020 at 14:10
(Aries) nutelina
You just pick the birth city as where you are now? The houses change when you relocate but this is still somewhat of a mystery to me.
February 10, 2020 at 01:27
(Virgo) Peter Davis
Go to the top of the page to your left, and click on "Astro Tools". When that page opens, go to the bottom of it and click on "Other Astro Tools". On that section click on "Time Zone, TZ Converter". "TZ" means "Time Zone". When that page opens click on "Time Zone Converter". When that opens, go to the "Convert Date & Time between any Time Zones" section, and click on (choose) "Any date".

Then in "Time Zone A - Date" put your birth date and then on "Time" put your birth time. Then on "City" put your birth city. Now go to the section that says "Convert to Time Zone B - City" and write down the city where you want to relocate. Then click on the blue bar that says, "Convert Date and Time".

What you will get is the "equivalent" time of birth in that city of relocation. And depending on the city, you might get the same day of birth, or a day before or after your date of birth. So you will get TWO things: a specific time (the "equivalent" time) and a specific date (the "equivalent" date).

For example, if I was born at 8:58 pm in San Juan Puerto Rico, on September 6 1968 (my birth details), and I wanted to find out the equivalent time and date for Berlin, Germany, I would get: 7 September 1968 at 1:58 am.

So now all I have to do is to click on "Horoscopes" at the top to the left on the Astroseek´s main page, and just type that new date, time, and city, and what you get would be your "Relocated Chart" for Berlin, Germany.

And you just repeat the whole process for other cities.

To know more about the technique of "Relocation" and "Astrocartography", I recommend this great book:

"Finding Your Best Places: Using Astrocartography to Navigate Your Life (Dan Furst´s Astrocartography Book 1)" by Dan Furst.

http://a.co/5EW5xGa

I hope that helps.
February 10, 2020 at 06:38
(Gemini) SJBjupiter » Peter Davis
Thank you Peter, your answer was very interesting,& helpful.
SB
February 10, 2020 at 06:45
(Gemini) SJBjupiter » nutelina
Thank you Nutelina, I agree, logically it makes no sense, even though I have been doing that for years, as it makes no allowances for the "lesson" & "cycles" which have shaped that person before they relocated.
I have often wondered why we don´t compare the Natal with the country/place they are locating to etc
February 10, 2020 at 07:11
(Virgo) MarvinReal » SJBjupiter
"I have often wondered why we don´t compare the Natal with the country/place they are locating to etc"

I do that and it makes much more sense to me than claiming that your own personality changes when you move.

Making a "synastry" with a city and a country to see what are overall effects and energies I can expect. Founding dates and times of cities are mostly unknown, especially for a precision with which is astrology working. With charts of the countries is often very precise and available, compared to cities. However, some countries have several different foundation dates and times and it´s again up to an astrologer to decide which one works best in those cases, or you just have to rely on consensus of what other people thinks, which always sucks and I hate to follow others.

So, in my case, for example, synastry between me and the UK, shows a business and work relationship and being free and happy, while my synastry with Czechia shows my heart and where I love and belonging. ((That´s btw my own interpretation of what I remember when I saw those charts .... few years ago. Not a deep analysis either.)) Both very correct findings. Plus I got even more disassociated from others and lost or weakened most contacts. This was also highlighted in that country synastry I think. But I don´t mind anyway. You can always make a new ones. If I only wanted to.
February 10, 2020 at 07:15
(Virgo) MarvinReal » Peter Davis
Amazing how much time you have for everyone except of me. I thought that tomorrow is defined quite strictly.
February 10, 2020 at 07:53
(Gemini) SJBjupiter » MarvinReal
Hi Marvin, thank you for your post.
What you say makes sense to me, and I enjoy the fact other people also "think" out of the box to find an answer.
Now my other question is, How long have relocations been going on?..as in the Middle Ages, for instance, people very rarely up sticks to live in other countries, yes I do recall the "Mayflower" but because of their religious views, I doubt using Astrology for their journey would have been contemplated.
Anyway, that is another baffling subject and hopefully, someone will point out that in Lilly´s Christan Astrology there were pages of relocation math.
SB
February 10, 2020 at 09:44
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9
You might use this simple trick:

1) Open this link with your chart (birth time) pre-set to GMT:
21 June 1945 - 01:20 [UT/GMT]
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/c…
(and there is also manually timezone pre-set/forced to GMT)

2) Input any city you want and it will recalculate your relocation chart for any geo position (and it will still keep your UT/GMT birth of time.)

= here is your Roodepoort, South Africa (ZA) chart:
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/c…
February 10, 2020 at 11:25
(Gemini) SJBjupiter » Petr9
thank you Petr9, so what you are saying then is relocation charts traditionally use same birth time but different location, interesting, now there´s me think logically the time should be when the plane lands, the date should also be that and location should be obviously the place.
Or progress the new country chart to the above date and time and then as Marvin said (I think) do a synastry aspect grid.

Oh that is why I love Astrology, it is pretty fluid :78:
S.B
February 10, 2020 at 12:41
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » SJBjupiter
so what you are saying then is relocation charts traditionally use same birth time but different location
===
yes, BUT you have to use 01:20am Universal (Greenwich) time of your birth to keep the SAME planet positions on ecliptic.

if you would like to work with your UK local time 03:20am, then you have to follow the PeterDavis´s walkhthrough and take into account timezone of every relocated place and re-calculate all your input "birth times" differences by hand.

yop, astrology is very fluid :))
February 10, 2020 at 13:42
(Gemini) SJBjupiter » Petr9
thanks, Petr9
So for the benefit of gaining more knowledge, I think I am going to try all the ways suggested, as somehow or other have to find out why "water" causes me stress, each house we have lived in Johannesburg has had some sort of real problem with water. Either bathrooms unexpectedly flooding, windows unexpectedly letting rain in and the new build I am in now keeps leaking when we have rain or hail; so the different ways of relocation may very well show me why.
Thank you to all of you that have offered advice. It is appreciated. (Just before Mercury goes Retrograde!)
February 10, 2020 at 16:15
(Virgo) MarvinReal » SJBjupiter
Migration of individuals, tribes and large groups is since prehistory. But there was never anything planned as you would consciously choose your final destination, especially based on astrology, haha. Not until the 20th century. In many countries across the world was feudal system when residents were owned by higher class and they were not allowed to move elsewhere. Some reforms during 18th and 19th century permitted free migration of the majority since they were not tied by law of corvée.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »