Planets Above/Below Horizon

February 7, 2020 at 00:10 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) RunnerChic85
Planets Above/Below Horizon
Can someone give me some insight what it means about planets above/below the horizon? I´ve heard more planets below the horizon mean you´re a more private person, and more planets above mean you´re a more public person. I´ve heard people say you´re "luckier" to have more above the horizon...but I don´t know if I necessarily believe that, as I´ve also heard we choose or circumstances before we come here.

I have all but one of my planets below the horizon. The only one above is Jupiter in the 8th H. What does this say about me? I´ve always wanted to do something on a wider society level..I sadly see lots of problems in society and care a lot about social justice issues. Could it still be likely? Maybe my 11th H NN and part of fortune in the 11th H gives me some strength?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 7, 2020 at 02:29
(Pisces) fishscales
I don´t think having a majority of planets above the horizon (confusingly, the "southern hemisphere" of the birth chart) is any luckier than having them below the horizon...

Extroversion and being a social creature tend to carry more value in our society than introversion and self-reflection...

Ultimately, I don´t think one is superior to the other...

As with most things, a good balance is nice...
February 7, 2020 at 02:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user emerauxe, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Jupiter in the 8th house is a fortunate placement for coming into an inheritance.
February 7, 2020 at 05:03
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » fishscales
Yeah maybe it´s a societal thing. I always get bugged when i see articles posted on facebook that extroverts tend to have better health/marry sooner/be more attractive/make more money/have more friends/etc etc etc

I´ll admit, maybe I´ve fallen prey to it from time to time. Now that I´ve done my own reflection...

The value of self-reflection is...self-awareness on the things above like how you can improve your health, how you can develop yourself to be a suitable spouse before marrying (so hearts don´t get broken), how you can manage your finances so you can both give to those in need and provide for your family, and how you can develop a listening ear for a friend in a time of need.

I wouldn´t see myself as truly introverted, or truly extroverted, but I do tend toward fewer relationships but deeper relationships--I value those few friendships where they are like family. I do have a lot of aquaintances both around my small town, and at work, but it seems like a lot of them don´t really get off the ground in terms of friendship. And that´s probably okay...my life with young kids is crazy, and they might have their own things their dealing with at this time.
February 7, 2020 at 17:37
(Capricorn) Luna Alba
How can you determine which ones are above or below the horizon? ?
February 7, 2020 at 17:48
(Libra) leorising » emerauxe
how nice! i have jupiter in pisces in 8th house... i am waiting for this blessing hahahah
but my jupiter square my uranus in 5th, could be a son that will spend my money from inheritance :68:
February 7, 2020 at 19:38
(Libra) leorising » RunnerChic85
in movies of USA, i always seen this question about introverts and extroverts (popular)
of what I see in society, the best thing for women is to stay in hers
February 7, 2020 at 19:50
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » emerauxe
I like the sound of that ?
February 7, 2020 at 19:53
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » Luna Alba
Houses 1-6 are below, and 7-12 are above :1:
February 7, 2020 at 20:01
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » RunnerChic85
Ohh, thank you!

With the exception of the Moon, everything for me is above horizon (from 7th to 11th).

Still, I would say "ambivert" :)
February 7, 2020 at 20:24
(Libra) Ivanna
Hey Runner! Look at my chart :61: :61:

February 7, 2020 at 21:55
(Sagittarius) Sus » RunnerChic85
No luckier above than below I Guess ..
Above, outside world is your focus. Below, home and private is your thing.
Above, comunity plays a large role and yes, you can be a social person.
Above you have a rich inner life and can be a bit shy. But I don´t see One being better than the other. Honestly. I also have my NN in 11th. :1:
February 8, 2020 at 00:58
(Taurus) IntoTheVoid
Jupiter in Aquarius in the 8th - Learning/expanding/teaching groups through transformation. You could have a deep effect on other people through your Jupiter! Aquarius seems concerned with the collective, so it could be extroverted, but still the 8th house is a very personal subconscious house. I´m curious to know how this plays out in your life! What a gorgeous placement.

Also look at your progressions - they may tell you something about your desire to become more extroverted.
I can relate personally - all of my planets are under the horizon except Chiron and Venus... but my progressed Moon in Libra is in the 11th currently, and progressed Sun in Gemini is above the horizon as well. I´m totally feeling like being more social from the progressions!
February 8, 2020 at 02:53
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The most powerful psychic I knew claimed not to believe in Astrology, however she said someone who raises the hair on the back of her neck must have planets conjuncting her planets, which suggests there was some swaying to Astrology.
If someone with ALL planets in the north-west quadrant of their chart is experiencing a double shadow, you have to consider that they may have actually asked for that before they were ever born! :23:
:81: :22:
February 8, 2020 at 04:22
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » Ivanna
Just took a look, and all are below! But wow, you have a ton in Libra in the 5th! How would you describe yourself just curious?
February 8, 2020 at 06:49
(Libra) Ivanna » RunnerChic85
One hell of a mess :61: Like scales,on one side I wanna meet new people and socialize and on the other side people annoy me ànd I just wanna be left alone. Jupiter and Saturn in 5th..I have one daughter and I adore her and on the other side I am sad that she doesn´t have brother or sister.
So basiclly,everything I do goes first through major analyzing process and that´s great.Kinda makes sense that progression,because I see as I am getting older I´m different(aren´t we all)
Just wanted to say on your topic,you have seen my chart..I´m hairdresser and I work with lot of people and I got to talk to a lot of people and i am very good at that, with all kinds of people,young,old,..so below horizon chart doesn´t represent introverted and shy people.In my case. Just wanted to add this..
February 8, 2020 at 19:11
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » IntoTheVoid
I don´t know a ton about progressions so I had to do mine--gives me sun in Libra and Leo rising, so similar type person (maybe that explains why people say as I´ve gotten older I´ve "come out of my shell"--not so much like my Natal cancer rising anymore)...still tend to be very sensitive though.

My progression has moon and Jupiter in Capricorn in 6th....and NN in 10th. With my kids getting older, I have had more time to think about what I want in terms of work, and have recently taken on a lot more responsibility/leadership at work. This work is expansive and makes me work hard on a day-to-day basis (6th-house matters).
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
February 8, 2020 at 19:24
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » Ivanna
I am a, :61: I feel similar, sometimes at the same time! I love to meet new people and chat, but then after awhile, I´m like, okay, time to do my own thing.

I´m sure it´s gotta be hard to feel sad your daughter doesn´t have a brother or sister...I have a friend who feels the same way, really wishes she can give her daughter a brother or sister, but her daughter is still turning out wonderful and well-adjusted. My husband, same way, only child, and well-adjusted still.

Didn´t think of the professions until IntoTheVoid mentioned them...I had to take a look...people have said as I´ve gotten older, I´ve come out of my shell more and am less shy, more friendly. As I´ve gotten older, I´ve also been better able to see both sides to a situation, better at bringing people together during a tense situation than continuing the conflict...well, the progression shows me having Libra sun and Leo rising so that would make sense :1:
February 8, 2020 at 20:24
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » RunnerChic85
Below is north :41:
Right is west :25:
Above the line from Ascendant to Descendant is South. :81:
Left side of chart with evolved and primitive signs is East. :98:
The investigation of this makes the squashed little houses and the huge hyper-extended houses a ridiculous image that is solved by English Equal House! :28:
February 8, 2020 at 22:02
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » IIyyaarr13
Yeah lower half north and upper south, east is west, west is east, makes my head spin :63: :23:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »