The Strange Fate of Health Gurus

February 4, 2020 at 18:19 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
The Strange Fate of Health Gurus
This has nothing to do with astrology, however, it may have something to do with the issue of "you are what you think" in a strange way. Health gurus tend to die young or to die because of something related to their healthy lifestyle. Check it out:

1) Michio Kushi. Kushi spread the macrobiotic diet to America and was a student of its founder George Osawa. In the 1980s he and macrobiotics became well-known as an anti-cancer diet. There were patients and even some medical doctors who swore that cancer could be treated using it. Of course, he died of cancer (although in fairness it must be said that he passed at age 88), but his wife Aveline, also a proponent of the diet, died of cancer at 78 and his daughter Lily Kushi died of cancer at the age of 41.

2) Ann Wigmore: Ann Wigmore was the founder of the Hippocrates diet and resided in Boston. She touted a raw uncooked vegan diet. She died at the relatively old age of 84 BUT!!!! she died in a fire. I find it ironic that she could be considered an ANTI-FIRE advocate (uncooked food, not fire used) and she died by fire.

3) Jim Fixx was a running guru. In fact, we could say that he was the driving force behind jogging becoming such a popular activity. He, of course, touted its cardiovascular benefits on TV and in his best-selling book, "The Complete Book of Running". How did he die? Of course, he died of a heart attack while jogging...at age 52.

4) Elisabeth Targ was a research doctor and lived here in my hometown of Palo Alto. She researched a specific type of cancer: glioblastoma multiforme. She is also well-known for having conducted studies into the healing power of prayer. How did she die? You got it: she died from glioblastoma multiforme at age 41. Lots of remote healers prayed for her but it didn´t help.

These are just the people whose name comes to me off the top of my head. There are more even in America, and I am sure that there are even more on an international scale. One *MIGHT* surmise that you need to be careful about what you concentrate on.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
February 4, 2020 at 18:23
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Very odd indeed

It looks like what you resist persists and it even grows somehow ...

This is a classical opposition pattern on a larger scale
February 4, 2020 at 18:27
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Moon_Queen
Exactly. I am hoping that other people here can provide examples from their country. I can think of several other people, less famous than these, who died of the thing they were "resisting" or focused on.
February 4, 2020 at 18:31
(Virgo) rohini moon
i don´t know about those people in particular...but the health gurus I have books by are nothing to sneeze at.

Jack Lalanne being number 1. He lived to be 96. and the stuff he accomplished During his Long life proves that he was legit. I remember reading all about his big feat of swimming to Alcatraz handcuffed at 60.

Number 2 would be Bernarr McFadden..he lived until the age of 87, I believe.. His books were fantastic,

https://m.youtube.com/watch/…

YouTube
YouTube
February 4, 2020 at 18:37
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user RowanBun, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Oh certainly. Neurolinguistic programming. Spend so much time thinking about something and moving toward/with it and you create it. Choose what you love most. And let it kill you, if you have to~
February 4, 2020 at 18:41
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » RowanBun
<< Choose what you love most. And let it kill you, if you have to~>>

Yes, that would be a good idea.
February 4, 2020 at 18:52
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » rohini moon
I know that it´s not true of ALL health gurus, but it is true of enough of them to make it interesting. Jack lalane always seemed more balanced in his approach. He didn´t just emphasize one thing. He was into diet but also weight training, calisthenics, lifestyle, etc.
February 4, 2020 at 19:08
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Reminds me of Mother Teresa when she said she wouldn´t march against war, but would gladly march for peace

Or something like that

We attract what we concentrate on, bad or good?
February 4, 2020 at 19:10
(Taurus) nutelina
I think they all didn´t have moon in Taurus. Jokes aside what is a cure might not be for life?
February 4, 2020 at 19:23
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I suppose these poor people resist their sadeness

https://m.ranker.com/list/…
February 4, 2020 at 19:32
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ancient_astrology
System message: Post has been written by user goldenlion32, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Well in my case I work with people on depression, anxiety, grief, dark night of the soul. Since it´s managed and maintained long-term on a daily basis every day, there is no 100% cure for anxiety, nor human emotions. Since I´ve already been through all of it and came out the other side, really I have learned it is what you focus on the most.

Although the transits do influence the situation because I´ve been keeping track of it for a few years with myself and other people, I believe even if you do everything in your power and your meant to die you´re going to regardless of what you do to try to prevent it.

I´m a former nurse aide as well and know you can have multiple patients with the same diagnosis and it is all in the power of what they believe, what actions, faith, etc. Still they can not stop the disease its self 100%. They maintain it with certain habits or schedules, while others stay in the victim mentality and deteriate quite rapidly.
February 4, 2020 at 19:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Agg, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I mean we are what we think. I thought for so long that I was not who I am externally and that I don´t feel connection with people. Eventually, it became an inescapable reality. It´s what I wanted honestly.
February 4, 2020 at 19:56
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
I was watching NETFLIX and there was the old cold case of the man who drank so many gallons of carrot juice again and again until he croaked!
I can´t separate this subject from Astrology and reincarnation either; The unrevised chart of H P Lovecraft has the ascendant at the dietetics degree of :177:; If that was his rising he might have lived a lot longer!
February 4, 2020 at 21:24
(Pisces) fishscales
Richard Simmons will probably be immortal though...

Sweatin to the oldies is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... Unnatural....
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
February 4, 2020 at 21:45
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user goldenlion32, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
how can we forget Richard Simmons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
February 4, 2020 at 22:09
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » IIyyaarr13
<<I was watching NETFLIX and there was the old cold case of the man who drank so many gallons of carrot juice again and again until he croaked!>>

A true story about me. When I was in undergraduate school, I didn´t have much money. A farmer gave me a huge amount of carrots and pumpkins for free. So what did I eat for every meal? Carrots and pumpkins. I eventually got vitamin A poisoning. I imagine that´s what may have happened to do the dude who croaked, only he ignored the signs.
February 4, 2020 at 22:12
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user emerauxe, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
https://www.mnn.com/food/…
February 5, 2020 at 00:07
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
Many TV preacher, evangelist, “moral” crusader types fall prey to what the are railing against.

Jimmy Swaggart comes to mind as an example.

You become what You hate ...,a concept I try to keep in mind.

Balance is a good preventative.
February 5, 2020 at 00:11
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » ancient_astrology
Man Ancient that must have been a giant amount of pumpkins and carrots,

I remember reading that an early Arctic expedition had members die from eating Polar Bear liver which they didn’t know contains massive amounts of Vitamin A.
February 5, 2020 at 00:22
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Leo Moon
<<Man Ancient that must have been a giant amount of pumpkins and carrots,>>

Every meal (besides breakfast) for 3 or 4 months I ate large amounts of carrot and pumpkin.

I eventually went to the hospital. I didn´t really have to do much...just stopped eating vitamin A rich foods. My skin was actually turning yellow/orange.
February 5, 2020 at 00:40
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Leo Moon
<<Jimmy Swaggart comes to mind as an example.

You become what You hate ...,a concept I try to keep in mind.>>

Thanks. Watching that clip where Jimmy says, "I have sinned", never gets old.
https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

Yes, it´s true. You become what you hate.
YouTube
YouTube
February 5, 2020 at 03:02
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » ancient_astrology
Hadn’t seen that for decades.

It was an incredible time. It wouldn’t happen now.
He’d just be brazen and say he was filling those hookers with Jesus.

Jesus washed the feet of prostitutes....he just went a bit higher.
February 5, 2020 at 03:10
(Pisces) fishscales » Leo Moon
"You become what You hate ..."

You better watch out then... You may turn into Miley Cyrus...

She does love the auto-tune...
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
February 5, 2020 at 03:15
(Virgo) rohini moon » fishscales
Jesus H. Isn´t she like 20?? She looks so haggard, already. Sad.
February 5, 2020 at 03:18
(Pisces) fishscales » rohini moon
I think that´s an older one...

I was looking for the weirdest one I could find, but the selection was overwhelming, so I just picked one and moved out...
February 5, 2020 at 03:19
(Pisces) fishscales » fishscales
Look at the extended damage Achy Breaky Heart has done...
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »