The Problem with Astrology is....

February 3, 2020 at 04:06 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
The Problem with Astrology is....
The problem with astrology is it offers explanations but no solutions.
So, in addition to genetic/physical explanations of our problems, in addition to societal explanations of our problems, we now have an astral one.

Sometimes those explanations may be valid. They don´t solve the problem.
Some people are very happy to get an astrological explanation of their problem. It seems to give meaning to their suffering. There might be some benefit in that; however, there is also the danger that they do nothing about solving the problem. You come to Astro-seek and chatter, chatter, chatter and for some reason think that is going to solve the problem. It won´t.

Astrology then becomes just another distraction.

There is astrological magic, medical astrology and electional astrology. Now these may (or may not) help you solve a problem. Leave them aside for the moment, I am talking about natal astrology.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
February 3, 2020 at 04:24
(Pisces) fishscales
In order to solve a problem, you have to be aware that you have a problem, and understand the various dimensions of the problem.

Natal astrology can help people do that to varying degrees.

Of course, without doing the work to actually fix the problem, knowledge of the natal chart is useless, and at that point, yes, it becomes just another distraction.

Natal astrology is more like a road sign. It may help point you in the right direction of where you want to go, but you have to get to the destination yourself.
February 3, 2020 at 04:29
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
Well you see that is EA Evolutionary Astrology. Which can branch off into Human Psychological Development.

There is some Eastern Philosophy stuff, but no I don´t see people healing effectively or learning to be problem solvers online through regular astrology.
February 3, 2020 at 04:42
(Gemini) beep
Oh? I thought astrology was about spiritual growth and healing
Helping cope w your issues...
February 3, 2020 at 04:51
(Pisces) fishscales » beep
Astrology is just an intellectual step that if utilized properly, can help with growth towards the spirit.

Spiritual growth requires action, not just knowledge.

There is nothing spiritual about having astrological knowledge, in and of itself.
February 3, 2020 at 04:53
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user jerrynna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I find it problematic to look for problem solving solutions in astrology. Astrology should open a new dimension of thinking and expand the mind rather than replace solid support in any form.
February 3, 2020 at 04:58
(Pisces) fishscales » jerrynna
"I find it problematic to look for problem solving solutions in astrology"

There are no problem solving solutions within natal astrology. At best, it can only help identify problems. Coming up with the solutions is our job.

"Astrology should open a new dimension of thinking and expand the mind rather than replace solid support in any form."

Opening new dimensions of thinking is all well and good, but if that thinking doesn´t lead to any concrete action aimed at real change, what good is it?

Expanding our way of thinking is one thing, expanding our way of being is quite another.

Is that what you mean by "solid support"? Action?
February 3, 2020 at 05:11
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user jerrynna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yes, I agree. I think some people come to astrology in the hopes of finding problem solving solutions. At least I thought at some point that understanding my chart would help me understand myself better and in turn I would end up with better solutions on how to change what I wanted to change.
I also secretly hoped that astrology would tell me that in the near future all would be magically much better, like a lottery transit of fucking good fortune, without me having to do anything. But nopes, I looked through it all, not gonna happen :)

<<Opening new dimensions of thinking is all well and good, but if that thinking doesn´t lead to any concrete action aimed at real change, what good is it?>>

One has to start somewhere... ;)
February 3, 2020 at 05:18
(Pisces) fishscales » jerrynna
"One has to start somewhere... ;)"

Right, and natal astrology is not a bad place to start...

Action has to be Act II though...
February 3, 2020 at 05:21
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
=====
<< Is that what you mean by "solid support"? Action?>>

I was thinking of some really heavy posts from users here asking about astrological help when in my opinion in some cases they should rather seek professional help or at least help from friends or family, real people in real life. That‘s what I meant by solid support. Astrology shouldn‘t replace real life.
February 3, 2020 at 05:22
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » fishscales
I kind of agree since I started Astrology after I did most of my healing through various branches of psychology, getting a degree myself, then studying the military and many Eastern Philosophy branches. By the time I got to astrology most of my work was done. It was more about liberation of the past history, and validating many things were out of my control.

When I see the younger generation jumping on the astrology train first it seems they´re not getting clarity, often confused with what is legit psychology, legit teachings in Eastern Philosophies and what is fantasy, fiction, and "New Age" junk that pretty much it´s not really teaching them how to problem solve in every day life, face adversity, overcome the obstacles.

They seem to think "Magic" fixes their life. lol Not exactly. Then they get caught up in going around and around on the cycle of everyone tell me how to live my life, how to do it, and they find out it doesn´t work for everyone.

Just what I´ve seen personally.
February 3, 2020 at 05:43
(Aries) ram_goat
It´s too late for this.

Vanille has already left.
February 3, 2020 at 05:45
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » ram_goat
Ha ha! Maybe she found a nice apartment.
February 3, 2020 at 05:47
(Aries) ram_goat » beep
your avatar pic is giving me PTSD and flashbacks.

from the taco shop.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
February 3, 2020 at 05:48
(Aries) ram_goat » goldenlion32
one with padded walls..
February 3, 2020 at 05:55
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » fishscales
<<n order to solve a problem, you have to be aware that you have a problem, and understand the various dimensions of the problem.

Natal astrology can help people do that to varying degrees.>>

That sounds good. That sounds right. However, it is rarely the case. People don´t usually learn anything about themselves through astrology. They usually identify a characteristic they already knew and give it a label. "I am this way because of my Gemini Moon." Such a statement doesn´t deepen self-understanding, it just attributes that characteristic to something. It´s self-referential.
February 3, 2020 at 06:09
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
I think for me, it (astrology) did more than give me a label for my varying characteristics and personality traits. It actually gave me understanding as to why I have these traits. Before astrology, I may have just thought I was slightly crazy, which I probably am.

At least now I can understand much better the "why" and it is actually a sense of relief to know it. I still agree that it doesn´t really give any solutions, but to at least know where certain behavior and characteristics originate from is a big help. Especially since I have prominent pluto, uranus, and 12th house. These things are not usually well received, so instead of going through life wondering what is wrong with me, it gives me an answer, and that it´s ok
February 3, 2020 at 06:19
(Aries) ram_goat » ancient_astrology
One thread about this will do nothing against the tsunami of dumb people who come here.
This thread will be buried and forgotten in 48 hours, beneath 300 threads of the usual stupid kind. It´s just the way it goes. Hopeless. Individual "mokusatsu" is the only thing
that can stand against such a tide. Save your key presses, conserve the electrons used to transmit a response. Bend like a flexible reed in the winds of stupid that blow here.

I´de like to see an age/education/gender breakdown of this place.. the atmosphere in here gets pretty rarefied over 40 years old. 18-35 seems to be the sweet spot. The most troubled seem to be 18-28, also the most stupid and possessing the least self knowledge or life experience, or impulse control. I am sure there are other trends that would emerge from the raw data as well..
February 3, 2020 at 06:20
(Aries) ram_goat » Sunnyshadow
aah you are alive!

escaped from the Ents I see..

like Papillon
February 3, 2020 at 06:26
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Sunnyshadow
=====
<< so instead of going through life wondering what is wrong with me, it gives me an answer, and that it´s ok>>

so that means it makes it easier to accept difficult situations in life and weird characteristics, if we can point it to a chart placement or a transit.
so astrology helps in acceptance?
February 3, 2020 at 06:27
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Moon_Queen, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
As above as below.
Planets do nothing to us, they are just in the same shit as we are and by looking at them we can look where are WE standing...

But there are some tricks I use for solving things out that I read about long time ago and that could be an example how can astrology solve a problem...

If you have a T-square in chart that is giving you tensions in life, you can overcome it by just focusing on point that stand in opposition to T-square peak.
This will make a solid structure and stability.

For exampole: I have a MC Mercury, AC Saturn and Uranus Jupiter that are giving me severeness, rebelious nature that wants to pull tradition heritge to purge and need to express myself publiclly and those elements are making me tense.
When I apply the "trick", solution stands in focusing (putting one more Sun-light) on DC so, to overcome all this and to get to sable state I have to hang around in friendly manner with people....
February 3, 2020 at 06:28
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » ram_goat
Yes, still alive. Some way, some how. Guess that makes two of us!

I tried googling that foreign language you speak, but I´ll just have to shake my head in agreement ??

Had to stop in and give my monthly 2 cents subscription lol
February 3, 2020 at 06:29
(Aries) ram_goat » Sunnyshadow
´zactly.. it´s a useful descriptive language you can use to talk about things that we lack
good language to describe in English. Most languages also lack good language for describing such things, but not all.

It´s also a poor workman that blames his tools.. If you can´t take the tools of astrology
and learn something, what good are any tools to such a person? Can´t fix stupid. Honestly religion or psychology would teach you similar things, but along different routes.

But again, see how many people attend therapy for years and years and make little progress. Ditto for religious types.. how many mediocrities one finds in religious circles as well..

Unevolved, unintelligent types that lack insight, empathy and a capacity for abstract or moral thought are everywhere.. in churches, outside churches, in therapy, outside therapy, in astrology forums...
February 3, 2020 at 06:35
(Gemini) beep » fishscales
Only you can help yourself
I was being sarcastic
February 3, 2020 at 06:37
(Gemini) beep
Do you think you’ve solved the problem here¿
February 3, 2020 at 06:41
(Gemini) beep » ram_goat
We shall raceplay tonight
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment