RIP Robert Zoller

February 2, 2020 at 17:27 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
RIP Robert Zoller
I´ve just learned that the great astrologer Robert Zoller passed about a week ago. He is best known as the leading astrological authority on Medieval Astrology. He was one of the founding members of Project Hindsight, which undertook the huge task of translating ancient astrological texts from Ancient Greek, Latin, Arabic and Persian. I highly recommend anyone interested in the serious study of astrology to read his works.

In a field run amok with charlatans, philistines and the simply self-deluded, he was a scholar and serious researcher.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 3, 2020 at 19:06
(Libra) zarko22
Nice said,man.
I feel great respect for what Robert Zoller done to back traditional astrology home.If we only imagine situation in traditional astrology at eighties years of 20th centurty,with only transsaturn charlatans around us,as you said,we could say Zoller and others from Project Hindsight brought the light to us.And only thanks to them,that small light become great sun who enlighted all world.
RIP Robert Zoller.
February 3, 2020 at 20:52
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » zarko22
I´m glad someone here appreciates him. It is too bad that people here will know about dingbats like AstroHoney and know nothing of Robert Zoller.
February 7, 2020 at 07:17
(Libra) zarko22 » ancient_astrology
Yes,you´ve right.It´s bad.And even,I think,it´s sad to see such great number of people here didn´t heard about Robert Zoller.
That is "contribution" of modern astrology.Personally,I try to explain qualities of TA,but indeed,you can´t do that without risk.Especially in "one to one" situation on FB,en example.I did it just yesterday.I ask one girl why she mix TA and MA in her analyses of natal chart.What I got as first answer is :"You can´t intrude your oppinion to others."Clear,isn´t it?
Maybe,I just have no enough tact in such conversations.I admit,it make me nervous even to read about transsaturns.
One day,when bad prognostics comes(ruining tower of cards) and that day must come in life of EVERY modernist,Zoller can be closer to everyone of them,closer than ever.
February 7, 2020 at 09:35
(Taurus) dani_mae1
I am one of the people who didn’t know who this man was. But, now I do. And I’ve been reading what I can find on the internet (it’s a lot) and am overwhelmingly in awe of him. I am saddened I didn’t know of his work till after his death, but it seems to me it’s not too late to take and learn what he was able to give us. At least you were able to inspire one person to look deeper. I’m sure more searched as well, but maybe felt silly posting.
February 7, 2020 at 14:58
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » dani_mae1
I´m glad you took some time to read something about him. It´s understandable that people wouldn´t know about him. He´s been ill for a long time (I believe he had Parkinson disease) and his presence on the internet has been low-key.

The problem with astrology (as in so many fields) is separating the wheat from the chaff. An astrologer with the right type of personality can wage a super marketing campaign and make themselves well-known. Of course that doesn´t mean that they´re good at astrology. Often times, good astrologers, like Robert Zoller, will only be known to relatively few because they´ve spent their time in serious research rather than focusing on the best way to "market" their ideas.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »