Question for all water ascendants / water moons

January 23, 2020 at 15:08 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) rohini moon
Question for all water ascendants / water moons
This is just something I have noticed with myself and individuals close to me who have strong water placements such as their rising or moon....

Do you find that your most creative/ intuitive thoughts or ideas come to you while you are in the water? Showering, swimming..merely dipping your feet in the ocean?
I have found this to be true amongst all who have dominate water activity in my personal life. I have also heard they just automatically feel a sense of serenity simply being in the water.

It does seem obvious on the surface, but i never hear much talk about it.

What do you guys think?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 23, 2020 at 15:12
(Libra) leorising
my moon is gemini 28degrees, i love to be at beach, my thoughts are better when i do this..i love to take a bath too, water makes me feel better lot of times..
January 23, 2020 at 18:55
(Leo) RunnerChic85
Yes! Cancer Ascendant here. There is something so calming about a long, warm bath. Or better yet, lounging in the hot tub. Another calming environment is a wave pool at a water park. It puts me in a serenity-type state, and I do find ideas come to me much easier.
January 23, 2020 at 18:57
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user darkneptune, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I´m Scorpio Sun and Pisces Moon and I just love being in water. I find it so revitalising and peaceful. I could float on water forever. I feel like I´m in some music video :2:
January 23, 2020 at 19:00
(Virgo) rohini moon » RunnerChic85
I thought so :44:

I know cancer moons who feel the same way, Ive been told they tend come up with their best ideas in problem solving while in the water...there is something to it!
January 23, 2020 at 19:03
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I am not an A.C. or Moon, but I can tell you I have to be around water all the time. I love the bath tub, shower, hot tubs, Lakes, Oceans, rain. I can´t stand being without water around on the land in the Netherlands so I go in the shower a lot. lol I´m used to living in Michigan, Great Lakes, Grand River, Spring Lake, Muskegon Lake, etc.

Mars, Jupiter, Venus in Scorpio, Cancer Ascendant in one of the Vedic Indian Charts, but Leo Ascendant in Western.

I do act more like the Cancer Ascendant at times and other times Leo.

I always put my feet in the water. We did go to a Lake in Germany, and I took my shoes rigght off. I hung my feet in the water.

I´m calm in the water. I usually do go in the water when I´m pissed off and chill out under warm water.
January 23, 2020 at 19:07
(Virgo) rohini moon » goldenlion32
I usually do go in the water when I´m pissed off and chill out under warm water.

I also know some cancer moons who have to go in the water when they´re in a pissy mood. Is it the same for scorp and Pisces moons? I´m also curious to hear from any Pisces ascendants....any out there?
January 23, 2020 at 19:08
(Taurus) nutelina
Yes, water connects us to the earth electrically! But water is a very special substance, gravity is stronger over the sea for example and it´s one of the few or only substances to have a higher density when solid (why ice floats). And who doesn´t love the snow once in a while.

I love water as well as land mass such as mountains. Rocks have good vibes too! I love nature but above everything else I need water. Living now without the sea makes me unhappy but luckily Prague has a great river.

That said I think I would not be happy just on the sea. I need land and trees as well. And fresh air.

But indeed water is like being in the womb I guess. Connects you to others and mother earth in a very special way.
January 23, 2020 at 19:10
(Taurus) nutelina » darkneptune
And look at that pretty boy :2:
January 23, 2020 at 19:12
(Virgo) rohini moon » nutelina
Very true, nutty. As a cancer rising - and being moody - does it stabilize your moods in anyway ?
January 23, 2020 at 19:17
(Aries) ram_goat » rohini moon
I like to be near the water.. I have always lived near the ocean, and here there are a lot of lagoons and estuaries. Being in the water in kind of "meh" to me. I have spent a lot of time in the water but it´s no big deal to me really. Matters more to me to live close to water than to be in it. I might feel differently if I lived far from a body of water, but I never have.
January 23, 2020 at 19:19
(Virgo) rohini moon » ram_goat
Being near it for the water moons / risings matters too, I know someone (cancer moon) who would get in the car and drive to the beach, not to get in for a dip just to be near it, and clear their mind for a few hours. And they did say they prefer living near the water also
January 23, 2020 at 19:21
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » nutelina
System message: Post has been written by user darkneptune, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
:32: :32:
I have Neptune in 4th and according to that I should live near water.
January 23, 2020 at 19:28
I definitely prefer to live near water..

The ocean has different moods that are nice to watch, lagoons and estuaries too..

there is a japanese printmaker named Kawase Hasui who caught the moods of bodies of water in Japan very well. One of the few instances where art is prettier than real life.
January 23, 2020 at 19:38
"Who caught the moods of bodies of water"

that is interesting, when you think of how the waters mood changes all the time and then putting that in conjunction with humans who have strong water activity in the natal. . The moon has such a monumental effect on us, I know everyone knows that, but when you start pondering it deeply, you see how powerful it is. Lunar eclipses always (especially as of late) are having a massive effect in my life and those close to me.
January 23, 2020 at 20:04
Not so much in your neck of the woods, but something else that is a very interesting and striking experience is travelling in a desert to a spring or place where there is water.. to go from bright, hot, dry to
cool, green, shady is a neat experience when you are in an environment of such extremes. There´s a neat vibe that goes along with it. Such stark contrasts.

Going from driving thorough a desert, to a golf club or somethign is like a watered down version. The best experience is to hike and be immersed in the environment fully and feel the transition from one zone to the other.

Deserts can make you very aware of your watery nature in a different way.
January 23, 2020 at 20:26
It´s funny you mention that because I always did want to live in Arizona back in the day .something about the desert always intrigued me... and they are very still. I find serenity in just being still.
January 23, 2020 at 20:28
(Pisces) N_thecat
I can´t be objective on this subject - can you imagine being :182: and not liking water? :2: With such a Sun sign, I can´t tell how much my Scorpio Moon has to do with it...

I love water since I can remember... I have heard that some Neptune :159: placement may indicate living near water, but I believe that my Pluto in Scorpio in 4th has a lot to say about my environment /place where I live too...

I live in a very green area of my country, there are really many lakes. Even my family house is located near a small lake. But it is not enough for me... I am not a big fan of lakes. I envy people who live by the sea or the ocean... The water in the lakes is too calm :4: Waves, different air from the sea or the ocean and that luck, that every day you can go for a walk by the water or sit on the beach... It is something I like and need.
January 23, 2020 at 20:31
(Gemini) SSSSireen
I have a Pisces ASC. I love water. I wouldn’t say it stirs up any extra creativity for me, but I dig it.

When I was younger I used to fear drowning. Typically at sea. I’m guessing mostly because I didn’t learn to swim until I was in middle school plus several classic stories, history, etc involved being at sea (extensively, during storms, sinking, etc). Anyway, I don’t have drowning dreams anymore. Yay. But I have stumbled across random things via astrology suggesting I could/would die via drowning. Some said things were related to asteroid interpretations (Ophelia is the only one I can recall off the top of my head), and I did some free Vedic chart w/interps that also mentioned it.

This doesn’t deter me from getting in the water. I love it, and it gets hot ‘round here. :) Also, was drowning a popular old school way to die? What I mean is, statistically, wasn’t getting around etc in water more commonplace thus upping the odds of ones life ending that way?

I’m probably gonna fall in the shower and drown in a puddle. ?
January 23, 2020 at 20:35
(Virgo) rohini moon » SSSSireen
omg a Pisces ascendant. .you guys are rare :1:
January 23, 2020 at 20:45
(Taurus) nutelina » rohini moon
Am I moody you say? Hmm I guess I am! :6: :20:

Yes water is like a blessing, taking all nasty things with it... And just flush it away. I hope that dear water never gets angry at us for abusing it... I actually wish to live in nature where every human can only use biodegradable soap and chemicals there.

I think water is my hideout. A hot bath is great when you are cold. It´s like a nourishing mother. :6:
January 23, 2020 at 20:50
(Virgo) rohini moon » nutelina
All cancers are... I still got a lot of love for them though :79: :1:
January 23, 2020 at 20:51
(Leo) pixel
Hi, I have scorpio ascendant and a "strong 9th house in cancer... I´ve read something about that too, but I have noticed nothing about that... only for shower : I really like stay under falling water... when I was young, I liked to go out when it was raining... Or walking on the beach in cloudy days...

I´m a dreamy nature... And it´s easier for me to escape in my realm in the night (I´m a little bit insomniac at times...) and need to be alone from time to time... But nothing really related to water (for creative/intuitive thoughts or ideas).

:74: :74: :74:
January 23, 2020 at 21:08
but deserts are hot & suckey.. you have to add water to the scenario.. the contrast is what makes an interesting dynamic..

if you are ever in a desert, remeber this and observe.

deserts are environments shaped by wind & water. where there is no
wind or water, deserts are boring. Vegas is boring. Just another crappy city in a hot ass place. Like a dry Florida.. but still fundamentally just hot & shitty. Go to a hot springs or a palm oasis and the desert is a different kind of place, but you have to seek them out. The way developments are built, they just look for flat land in place that usually ends up being just hot & shitty at the end of the day.

The colorado river, the parts that pass through Arizona are also stunningly beautiful. But it´s because of the interaction of water & desert..
January 23, 2020 at 21:38
(Cancer) Yarrowia
As :174: :151: :152: I can say water calms me down, when I´m angry or sad, or just overstimulated I´d like to be near the sea, or some big water. I like to take long showers to calm down or just shut off.

But being in deep water freaks me out, I can´t learn to swim properly, I panick when I can´t feel the ground. So this is frustrating for me.

But my bf is mix of earth/fire aspects and he could live underwater. Still don´t know what´s wrong with him :2:

As a child I liked to be in water.
Also, funny story. When I was 9 or 10 yo I went to 3weeks schooltrip at the seaside. When I came back my family was very curious about photos I took (of other kids,what we did, how fun it was) but when we developed the pictures there was like 90% pictures of the sea, just many random landscapes with water :61:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »