Sidereal VS Tropical Astrology

January 22, 2020 at 20:28 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) Mythic
Sidereal VS Tropical Astrology
Sup everyone,

:171: :172: :173: :174: :175: :176: :177: :178: :179: :180: :181: :182:

Just wanted to share some research I´ve been doing on the difference between Tropical (western) astrology and Sidereal (vedic) astrology. What they are and how they relate. I wanna open this up to discussion so we can learn more!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Wow, these videos break it down in even more detail. Knowledge that is definitely worth hearing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://therealastrology.com/inform…

It´s still a largely debated distinction between astrologers and astrology-lovers. (Mostly people are in debate over which one is more accurate or which one has a stronger basis in scientific astronomical means) Many of you who are as obsessed as I am are probably already aware of this distinction and may have already found one or both to be preferred but regardless I wanted to simplify this in my own words for anyone who is confused by the whole thing, without going into too much detail, for I feel that the article above breaks it down pretty in-depth if you´re looking for a read.

DISCLAIMER: Neither one is right or wrong, and both are completely valid and accurate in their own way. You are free to choose what makes sense for you. Here´s a quick breakdown of the two:

-Tropical Astrology:
The beginning of the zodiac (0´0)Aries always begins at the Vernal Equinox (AKA the beginning of Spring in Northern/Southern Hemisphere) not at the beginning of the astronomical constellation of Aries. This zodiac is fixed to the elliptic, which never changes. The Greeks came up with this sign division based on the seasons of planet Earth. This is why tropical astrology is sometimes called seasonal astrology. Each sign/season casts its energies over a section of the zodiac into 12 pieces. It is said that this influence says more about the Earth itself, often used to describe the energies in their connection to the seasons. It is more symbolic than scientific. I think it pertains to planet Earth´s energy at your time of birth. (or the energy of the dead, and your ancestors)

-Sidereal Astrology:
The beginning of the zodiac (0´0)Aries begins [approximately] at the beginning of the astronomical constellation of Aries in the sky. Sidereal roughly translates to ´fixed stars´ which is what this form takes into consideration. This zodiac lags behind the Tropical, because the actual constellations have a gradual precession from where we divide the seasons. It is more astronomical in nature, and it tells us where the stars/signs actually were in an observable and factual manner. It is not connected to the seasons of Earth in any way, but it is still divided evenly into 12 pieces. It is said it effects us in a more transcendental way. I think it pertains to the energy of the living on planet Earth at your time of birth. (or you, and your destiny in this life)

So both systems are broken into 12 pieces, and are fundamentally geo-centric in relation to the Earth. However, one will always be the same, and the other will always have a gradual degree of change due to the precession of the equinox. The real constellations differ in degree, and don´t divide evenly into 30 degrees each, so neither zodiac matches perfectly with the observable sky. Both zodiacs are perfectly valid in the field of astrology, despite the fact that sidereal is observably more accurate in the field of astronomy.

I encourage you to decide for yourself which you resonate with more, and to come to your own conclusions regarding the two zodiacs. There are many theories, and the science of astrology in itself is quite subjective. Considering the houses and aspects are arguably the most important part of a chart, and these will roughly stay the same - interpretations can be made either way. :)

I hope this helps someone out. Note: It is impossible to be an expert at this field and I am a fellow lifelong student. Feel free to share your thoughts & opinions below!
YouTube
YouTube

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 22, 2020 at 23:00
(Taurus) nutelina
>Important to note that no one can agree on the exact beginning of (0´0)Aries so if we are being honest, neither one of these is perfectly exact in calculating the starting point, but the true positions of the planets and the fixed stars would lead us to believe that Sidereal is the more accurate form. Within Sidereal astrology there are several different ´Ayanamsas´ that vary in the Degree of Deviation from the Tropical Zodiac.

That´s because Aries is the beginning. No doubt about it. :2:

Astrology certainly needs to explain itself but I wouldn´t call it a pseudoscience.

As far the types, it´s exactly about that, who knows? Is it an indicator like a clock? Or does it actually do anything? Well I´m glad to tell you, yes it does! And I can prove it.
YouTube
YouTube
January 23, 2020 at 01:55
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Certain scientists criticize it, because they think astrologers base their zodiac on the constellations. Astrologers have known since Aristarchus about the procession of the equinox. Certainly Ptolemy did. At that time the sidereal and the tropical aligned more or less, but Ptolemy made it clear that the astrology being practiced at that time was tropical. Of course, most people, even those who consider themselves sidereal, are not strictly following constellations. If they did, a lot more people would be Virgos.
January 26, 2020 at 22:40
(Pisces) Mythic » nutelina
Absolutely. :) Aries will always be the first in the daily ecliptic, and it will always represent the season of Spring on Earth. (beginning of the day at sunrise-action!, and the beginning of Spring, new life!)

Also, the video you shared is an excellent theory on the validity of astrological science. I also believe the planetary influences we interpret and experience on Earth come from the electromagenetic DNA the planets imprint on our burning sun. This truly is the study of light and its spectrum.

I think with the broad perspective of science, astronomy and astrology should start going hand in hand with each other. It´s going to undoubtedly get us closer to the answers we seek in a more provable scientific manner, and escape the theoretical realm that it is now confined to by modern science.

Thanks for your insights !
January 26, 2020 at 22:45
(Pisces) Mythic » ancient_astrology
More virgos for sure! And rarely ever would we find a true scorpio, lol. Only 9 or so degrees of the scorpion in astronomy.

I think when Ptolemy was alive, the two zodiacs were more or less alligned, granting astrology a lot more respect and ´time of day´ in the fields of science and humanities, and as the precession took effect, many astrologers stuck with the fixed zodiac of the tropical.

And yes! Important to clarify that even though it considers the precession, sidereal is still based in astrology, not astronomy.

thank you!
January 27, 2020 at 11:23
(Taurus) nutelina » Mythic
Thanks so much. There are many more on the Thunderbolts Project´s YouTube Channel or Website thunderbolts.info

So by definition, when Spring starts Aries starts. I actually wonder if instincts and genetics works, people born on a specific date or time should be prepared for ´their´ time. I wonder if in the act of conception it isn´t influence by the earth, local planets and our sun! So if you are born early in the morning you are maybe more prepared to be as close to yourself (sun) as you can get because instinctively you know the Sun is coming up and everybody is waking up incl. your enemies. With the evening it might be similar. Would that work in astrology?

Here´s another video about the big conjuction before the summer.
YouTube
YouTube
January 27, 2020 at 11:26
(Taurus) nutelina » nutelina
And here is the actual video they were talking about releasing.

Full Planets & Sun Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist/…

2019 Earthquake/Volcano Update: https://youtu.be/ta1QHRG42mM

Actual video:
YouTube
YouTube
January 27, 2020 at 21:54
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user RowanBun, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I read this and started researching, thank you very much for this. I am going to use both. I feel the energies of both interpretations and even more so see the physical signs of both in my body. I´m seeing the tropical as what is supplied to me biologically by my ancestors (i.e. genetic memory) and the sidereal are the energies I brought with me to use in tandem with the ancestors so that I can experience more of the worlds. That´s what I feel when I look into all the placements, aspects, and chart patterns of both systems.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »