Sun Opposite Moon

January 12, 2020 at 15:01 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) nutelina
Sun Opposite Moon
I´ve met a few people who have their Sun opposite their Moon but I couldn´t get how it works until I thought about it some more.

For example: Cancer Sun, Capricorn moon; stable childhood good foundation for emotions for Sun in Cancer but the opposite of the opposition; Capricorn Sun doesn´t know how to handle the emotional child? Of course each have their challenges but earth Moons seems like a stable position in general, good for a Moon to be in? Same for the Moon in an Earth sign.

That said it would seem fire Moons will stay young, unstable but young :61: LeoMoon? Where are you?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
January 15, 2020 at 04:34
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
I would think the push pull of Sun opposition Moon would create tension.

The dark and light being in a battle.

It’s the kind of energy that could be positively harnessed once a person gets older and wiser.

I don’t have Sun and moon opposite in aspect.

I do as far as the signs they are in. Aquarius Sun and Leo Moon.

I like it. The more emotional and dramatic Leo with the analytical and detached Aquarius balance each other out.
Plus it’s good for my music and other creative endeavors.

Leo has the warmth and passion and Aquarius takes care of the technical parts of creation.

Challenging aspects are the ones that make us learn and grow.

Though a tiny number of people fall on the extreme ends ,and either have it really good and easy or absolute hell, most of us have a mixed bag of aspects, just like our circumstances in life.

It’s what we do with the hand we’re dealt that is the true measure of a person.

I told You I couldn’t resist commenting! :3:

:2:
January 18, 2020 at 09:53
(Leo) eliza98
My sun is opposite to my moon, Leo sun and Aquarius moon. What do you think of this?
January 18, 2020 at 13:51
(Taurus) nutelina » eliza98
So it would seem you either have some balance or you have extremes that you are less warm hearted and more intellectual when it comes to friends? I was actually hoping to get some answers from people who have this configuration! So please tell us how you perceive yourself :3:
January 18, 2020 at 14:38
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I know someone who has this. Pretty much with Sun in Virgo and Pisces Moon. They kind of are two faced because it involves Mercury. They have Leo Mercury. So what they do is they tend to be concerned about other people´s mental or physical health. Find out all kinds of information. Pisces they will use entertainment, act positive, pamper you, sacrifice, give gifts, and they´ll act like your best friend and be sensitive and emapthetic.

Then with Leo Mercury (Drama) they trun to another Virgo that has Leo in their chart and tell everything. They don´t have any boundaries (Pisces) and allow the Virgo to control them, dominate them, use them as their scapegoate. Kind of the "Flying Monkey" syndrome. Although they don´t realize they´re doing all this.

There´s a lot of the Yin/Yang principle here and cycling around and around and never quite getting off the duality, polarity, light and dark, and move back and forth.

They can be the negative critic, the perfectionist, harsh, strict, down right mean with Virgo and then shift into the nice positive Pisces. It´s kind of tough lesson to learn when you´re dealing with the Sun opposition Moon. There´s always a conflict of chaos and confusion they´re creating here for other people who deal with them.

You learn not to speak about anything important or private and stay on small talk or else it becomes volatile.

This person is on medication and probablly has bipolar or depression.
January 18, 2020 at 14:51
(Leo) eliza98 » nutelina
Wow yes, and im less intellectual and more warm hearted when it comes to love life. Sun in 11th Moon in 5th. I am completely a different person when im with my boyfriend.
January 18, 2020 at 19:56
(Taurus) nutelina » goldenlion32
Seem like you are describing some friends or family members :4:

So what you are saying is that they are acting in a polarized manner, extremes?
January 18, 2020 at 19:58
The houses depend on your risign sign so that might confuse the hypothesis :3:
January 18, 2020 at 20:04
(Leo) eliza98 » nutelina
oh okay, sorry :16:
January 18, 2020 at 20:58
Oh now problem, it´s just important to notice the difference! :62:
January 27, 2020 at 11:05
(Taurus) nutelina
So haha, what I don´t see! My mom of course has her moon opposite her Sun!
January 27, 2020 at 11:11
(Aquarius) Amdash
Mines is mainly opposing my
Scorpio ascendant and
my Leo in mid heaven.

Doesn´t seem to be doing anything else.
January 27, 2020 at 11:38
(Gemini) stigmí
I agree with leomoon. Its something like inner battle. Not just about signs but also about archetyps of sun and moon. Sun ego, work, selfexpress, action, father. Moon emotions, home, accepting, reaction, mother. For example i have big problems with balance between my inner and outer life. I tend to extremes. And everything this upgrade square from both to mars in 8th. But i like it. Day by day i like myself more, I like also more everything what make who I am.
About this oposition. It is Fullmoon and i am very sensitive to all moon phases. And as child i was also sleepwalking. I think Fullmoon born has some huuuu efect x)
January 27, 2020 at 12:52
(Taurus) nutelina » stigmí
That is funny because you reminded me of my mom by this placement! I just saw it and it clicked but I was preoccupied by a very sexy Aries NN ahem.
January 27, 2020 at 20:59
(Scorpio) Angelina
I have this placement with Scorpio Sun opp Taurus Moon. I have some dualities, I have to admit it. My Moon wins more often than Sun.

One day I can feel like f**k everything, the other day I will wake up with conscience eating away me of how on earth could I do that.
One day I will walk down the street with cold emotions and people will feel that, they´ll move from my way. The other day I´ll be the sweetest girl with pink dress walking down the street with warm smile, that people will want to talk to me :4:
One day I will crave for an expensive purchase. The next day I will think, that people, who throw money right and left are definitely stupid and I am really not one of them... And mostly these different emotions are for no reason.

But thankfully, my Taurus Moon shows up much more often than Sun :76: :4:
January 27, 2020 at 21:06
(Taurus) nutelina » Angelina
Well the Moon is closer to the earth, it reflects the Sun, when it is in opposition it reflects a 100% right?

Is Libra also a dual sign?
January 27, 2020 at 21:25
(Scorpio) Angelina » nutelina
Well, it is not a dual sign. But You know, Libra is "Good. Oh no, wait - bad". So it doesn´t weaken Sun Moon opposition obviously :4:
January 27, 2020 at 23:57
(Taurus) nutelina » Angelina
Can a house be square too?
January 29, 2020 at 19:09
(Taurus) IntoTheVoid
I have this aspect. It involves a range of different things: My parents are completely different, were seperated from a very early age.
The way you deal with emotions is different than how you are when you are alone. You may need to go through challenges to get what you want versus what you need.
I´ve heard that if there is a planet sextiling/trining the Sun/Moon opposition, it is the ´anchor´ and you should focus on what that planet´s function serves to balance out the opposition.
For example: I have Saturn in Pisces in the 4th house sextiling/trining my Sun/Moon opposition, so I would need to temper my emotions, which will teach me lessons about how to create boundries to transcend any difficult patterns that are caused by my conscious and subconscious - then I will want what I need.

This opposition is hard, it´s like being extremely indecisive... I don´t know if this makes any sense (Uranus in the 3rd = messed up thinking), but I hope it helped?
January 29, 2020 at 20:09
(Taurus) nutelina » Leo Moon
Made me thinking if this correspond with the MC or Asc, Dsc somehow or what about being the average, Taurus? Leo + Aq / 2 :2: That´s odd isn´t it? A middle out of the sign together, so that perhaps doesn´t work...
January 29, 2020 at 20:26
(Taurus) nutelina » IntoTheVoid
Ha! My mom had that with her parents. Interesting.

So if you are alone (4th house?) or a kid, you are a scorpio but with people you would be a Taurus? I have Saturn trine my moon as well. Bounderies for precision? Not sure how that would work for me.

Yes it does because I can be like that too! I remember having to choose bewteen two phones and I couldn´t sleep the whole night. I decided between beauty and functions.

It helped a lot! Thank you so much!
January 29, 2020 at 20:30
(Gemini) stigmí » IntoTheVoid
Yes it make sense : )
And especially this is very good described : “The way you deal with emotions is different than how you are when you are alone. You may need to go through challenges to get what you want versus what you need. ”

And its interesting what you wrote about planet in sextil/trine, but i have in this aspect lilith, so I dont know how to interprate this :63:
January 29, 2020 at 21:28
(Taurus) IntoTheVoid » stigmí
Maybe take into consideration what makes you feel liberated as a woman.
January 29, 2020 at 21:33
(Taurus) IntoTheVoid » nutelina
For me, I am Scorpio when I deal with my emotions: guarded, introspective, and like to learn about my emotions through research. I like to deal with my emotions alone, because with the Full Moon energy, they can come on quite strong. I get lost in the sea of my emotions, and sometimes it´s hard to see clearly because the waters are so dark.
But allowing the stability to come through from the light of the Taurus Sun, it somehow shines a light and from the bottom of the ocean I am able to see.
The stability of the Earth is something I can hold onto when coming out of the deep waters, like floating back to shore after a near death experience drowning. It´s all a metaphor, but visually this is how I picture emotions.

"Like a Libra on crack" is how I heard "Jewel" the astrologer discribe sun/moon opposition.
January 29, 2020 at 21:50
(Taurus) nutelina » IntoTheVoid
I had a lot of fears of drowning when I was small but I couldn´t breathe well as a kid, undiagnosed milk allergy... It goes into your unconcious, dreams. Scorpio underworld... Pluto.. Interesting!

You should write books or scenarios! Your descriptions are so vivid!
October 23, 2020 at 06:47
(Pisces) SvB » Leo Moon
dear Leo Moon, I agree totally on your comment, thx!
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »