Astrology and Parenting Style

December 2, 2019 at 11:33 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Astrology and Parenting Style
I´d imagine this is ruled primarily by the moon and Saturn, and perhaps the sun for fathers (and possibly single mothers who fulfill both parental roles)

What do you think your astrological placements and aspects reveal about your parenting style?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
December 2, 2019 at 11:42
(Pisces) bluerosepetals
I think the Moon is most important for mothers in case there is a father present as well. My mom was a Virgo Moon conjunct Pluto, I don´t know which house because her birth time is unknown. She was a strict mom, a bit overprotective, no secrets allowed kind of mom. Not overly warm, but still caring. I think her placements fit her parenting style perfectly. I would also say that Cancer Moon mothers lean towards overprotectiveness but are more emotionally warm.

I have a Gemini Moon trine Venus and opposite Pluto. I think I´m gonna be less strict if I ever become a mom. :61: :61: :61:
December 2, 2019 at 11:52
(Pisces) fishscales » bluerosepetals
"no secrets allowed kind of mom."

My wife doesn´t have moon conjunct Pluto, but she does have moon in Scorpio...

She has a similar "no secrets" attitude...

She´s struggling a bit now during the kids teen years... :61:
December 2, 2019 at 11:56
(Pisces) fishscales
Another thing I´m interested in is if anyone has any conflicts in parenting style with their partner, how that´s reflected in the synastry chart...
December 2, 2019 at 11:57
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » fishscales
"My wife doesn´t have moon conjunct Pluto, but she does have moon in Scorpio..."

Yeah, it´s pretty similar when it comes to manifestation.

"She´s struggling a bit now during the kids teen years... :61:"

Lol I had epic fights with my mom during my teenage years. And especially as I have Moon opposite Pluto, so I really dislike being controlled. You can imagine those battles then. :61: :61: :61:
December 2, 2019 at 12:14
"You can imagine those battles then. :61: :61: :61:"

I think I´m witnessing some similar ones now...

I think I´m gonna have to ditch the jeans and hoodie after work attire and order me one of these pretty soon...
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
December 2, 2019 at 12:23
Not a bad idea :61: :61: :61: :61:
December 2, 2019 at 12:35
(Capricorn) Luna Alba
My mom is a Taurus with Pisces Moon and possibly Scorpio Rising. Also, Sun-Saturn conjunction, probably the reason she gave birth to a Cappie.
She is the most maternal being ever. She absolutely loves children. She was my biggest supporter and I can tell her everything. There´s a very strong bond between us, although we are so very different.

She had to balance the very authoritative and patriarchal figure my father is - also a Taurus Sun with Scorpio Moon. Very troubled within.

They both, especially my father, emphasised the urge for a strong work ethic, independence, financial stability and success -you need to study and work to "become someone (important)". That´s what I heard all my childhood and teenage years.
December 2, 2019 at 12:50
(Pisces) fishscales » Luna Alba
"My mom is a Taurus with Pisces Moon and possibly Scorpio Rising.

She is the most maternal being ever."

Makes sense... Earth and water placements...

Taurus provides physically

Pisces provides emotionally

Scorpio protects...

Kind of the "holy trinity" of parenting right there...
December 2, 2019 at 12:58
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » fishscales
It is surely her true vocation in life, being a mom. Very nurturing. She would have liked more children and now she drives me crazy asking for grandchildren.

She told me I´ll probably be mother of boys, as I´m "not like her " -meaning I´m an authoritative figure.

Dad, on the other hand...felt that paternity is all about providing phisically and being very authoritative and strict. I surely didn´t enjoy his style and we don´t get along well even now :1:
December 2, 2019 at 14:41
(Aries) nutelina » Luna Alba
Oh that´s so nice, I felt so at home with Pisces moon indeed. Taurus is a great sign, of course from my perspective. Scorpio moon indeed has to go deep, it´s my opposite and it surely is fascinating to see your opposite. It would make a nice balance with my brother.

And Taurus+Taurus is the most stable relationship there is?
December 2, 2019 at 14:43
"Dad, on the other hand...felt that paternity is all about providing phisically and being very authoritative and strict."

The providing part makes sense for a Taurus...

An ascendant in Scorpio is probably better for protecting the kids than a moon in Scorpio... Moon in Scorpio has their own inner stuff going on, and since the moon is in fall there, probably takes away alot of the lunar, nurturing qualities...I think moon in Scorpio is a somewhat selfish position...always chasing after that peak emotional experience...

When that pursuit is frustrated, I think you see the strict, authoritative side of moon in Scorpio come out...they may take an unconscious, emotion and frustration driven type of revenge on people by trying to control them, since the moon in Scorpio often cannot control what is happening in themselves...
December 2, 2019 at 15:15
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
"And Taurus+Taurus is the most stable relationship there is?"

Probably stable, yes, but I´m thinking...too stable. Like in the sense of unmoving... static.

"Fixed" also works well, obviously...

Of course, there would be alot of mitigating factors...but I´m talking pure sun sign energy here...

I generally see partnerships between two people of the same sign as vulnerable to some problems...

I mean, I can´t even imagine two Pisces people being together.. Good Lord... :61:

I think the signs that could pull it off best would probably be Capricorn/Capricorn and Aquarius/Aquarius

Capricorn is cardinal, so they´d keep moving... They could probably accomplish alot...

And no one really understands Aquarius people except other Aquarius people :5:
December 2, 2019 at 15:23
(Pisces) bluerosepetals
Do any of you have similar charts in some way to one/both of your parents?
December 2, 2019 at 15:36
(Libra) leorising
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/c…
i dont know what hour my father has born,I was thrilled to see that his sun is the same degree as the cuspide of my 10th house, and his saturn conjuct with my pluto
December 2, 2019 at 15:45
(Libra) leorising
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/c…
Me and my mother... now i have discovery who is the neptune in my life
interesting that she have moon conjuct chiron like me, my grandmother hit her a lot, so it proves the narcissism thesis, it goes from mother to daughter. but thank goodness I managed to stop this problem in myself
December 2, 2019 at 16:09
My mom´s moon is conjunct my moon in Aquarius

We both have Venus and Mars in Taurus

Weird, I always thought...

This is not a similarity, but my sun squares both my parents suns, which oppose eachother in Gemini and Sag

It´s weird...my parents divorced when I was young, and as a kid, I always thought it was my responsibility to get them back together

This was before astrology...

Now, I kind of think it echoes the dynamic of the t-square...the planet squaring the opposition is supposed to be the one that reconciles the two opposing energies...
December 2, 2019 at 16:18
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » fishscales
"...on people by trying to control them, since the moon in Scorpio often cannot control what is happening in themselves..."

You are very right here. He surely is the type who feels a very strong urge to control everyone, to be the pater familias. Very patriarchal. Also, I could always feel he is very weak and anxious and emotional on the inside. Cannot understand why, he always had a very loving and supporting family.

@nutelina -they are very stable indeed. Very family oriented. Family (and especially the one they created, so much more then the extended) is their microcosmos, the central part of their life. I can´t imagine them being otherwise then together, in spite of the bed moments and fights.
I kind of dream at the same stability, but I ´m not that static.

As for Cappie-Cappie compatibility...I read a study that Caps and Aries, I think, are the signs more prone to marry their own kind.
Caps and Virgos more prone to celibate, too :(((
December 2, 2019 at 16:18
That´s interesting...

My dad is also a Pisces Sun with a lot of Aquarius placements (more than me) and a pretty strong Uranus. We have Mercury conjunct in Aquarius. We always had a good intellectual bond and he encouraged me to think with my own head. Both of my parents have Moon aspected by Pluto, just like I do.

"Now, I kind of think it echoes the dynamic of the t-square...the planet squaring the opposition is supposed to be the one that reconciles the two opposing energies..."

That´s actually very interesting and makes sense.
December 2, 2019 at 16:25
"I read a study that Caps and Aries, I think, are the signs more prone to marry their own kind."

I´ve heard that too, come to think of it.

I just can´t see Aries/Aries working out that well though...

I can sort of see it, but there would probably be alot of ram-like butting of heads going on too...maybe alot of competition as well...

It would probably be a very straightforward, aboveboard relationship though...and drama-free, which is always good...
December 2, 2019 at 17:00
(Pisces) Nola_la
I am quite sure that Moon is responsible for parenting, but Moon = mother...

And 5th house talks about children, so we should look at signs on the cusp of 5th house and planets in 5th house ?

I have Scorpio on the cusp of 5th house and although :178: is considered a fertile sign, having it on the cusp of 5th house can cause problems with pregnancy (miscarriage, death during childbirth, generally...bloody births).

And I heard that planets in 5th house show the type of child we will have and our approach to children (?). So in some way maybe the way of raising.

Example - I have Moon, Saturn in 5th and Uranus at the end of 5th house.

From what I´ve read, it can manifest like this:

Moon in 5th house - "Moon placed here gives the instinctive need to bear children. There can be a strong attachment to children, and they may have a large family." From Astro Codex : "The Moon in the 5th house, in most cases, gives a female first child. In any case, the child will have a very strong Cancer/Moon emphasis in its natal chart and will be very sentimental and emotional.
https://theastrocodex.com/natal-moo…

Saturn in 5th house - restricts the children, makes childbirth difficult, or makes children seem restrictive and troublesome to you.
From Astro Codex:
"As the fifth house is responsible for one’s children, Saturn’s presence tends to obstruct having one. The native can have low fertility or be totally unable to have children, but this is not necessarily the rule either. The native himself might not want children, and Saturn can create a conscious choice of not procreating. Saturn can bring a child in the native’s old years, and usually, the relationship with such a child is problematic due to the generational difference. People with such a placement might want to reconsider their stance towards having children, as an adversely aspected Saturn might bring misfortunes with their offspring."
https://theastrocodex.com/natal-sat…

Uranus in 5th house - "this placement gives possibilities of unexpected pregnancies. Even when you are in a stable relationship, the pregnancy might come in a period that you would least expect so always use contraception in case you do not feel ready for this responsibility. If Uranus is adversely aspected by Mars or some other “malefics”, there are some chances of a miscarriage or an abortion. On the other hand, if a child is born, it will be of a rather eccentric nature, even possibly a genius. Uranus will make it be very interested in technology from its early years, and you should regard it as an equal human being to you. The child might possess a wisdom and insights that rarely children have, and thus this will complicate its character. To help him bloom in a harmonic way, do not pressure him; be that kind of parent that listens to him and interacts a lot, giving him a lot of choices from its early years. Give him some freedom and be friends; this is the best way to allow his Uranian energies to function well."

https://theastrocodex.com/natal-ura…

I don´t know what to think about it now.
So we should consider 5th feminine house, because how I see it has the most to do with pregnancy ?
December 2, 2019 at 17:21
(Gemini) hipogrifo010
from my father I do not receive an astrological sign, more or less it was a good balance in the mental part (funny because it is a rural taurus :4:), and my mother was always a good sentimental teacher, but only in nonverbal communication, I took The Jupiter´s cancer from her.

Here are his graphics for anyone who wants to see him, they have 32 years of marriage :36:.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
December 2, 2019 at 18:01
(Aries) nutelina » fishscales
>And no one really understands Aquarius people except other Aquarius people :5:

LOL

>I mean, I can´t even imagine two Pisces people being together.. Good Lord... :61:

Aries x Aries. Had it, a few times... :20:
December 2, 2019 at 18:22
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
"Aries x Aries. Had it, a few times... :20:"

Anything I say ring true?

You can say no, I won´t be offended... :4:
December 2, 2019 at 18:32
(Pisces) fishscales » Nola_la
"So we should consider 5th feminine house, because how I see it has the most to do with pregnancy ?"

Not so much pregnancy Nola, but creation...generation...

That´s why it´s associated with art and creativity, and all that stuff...

As for creativity...pregnancy and birth are pretty much the apex of human creativity aren´t they?

Nothing else would be able to be created without them...

Of course, the process of creating human beings begins with sex, which is why many astrologers also associate the 5th house with sex...
December 2, 2019 at 19:11
(Sagittarius) GoldenLion5
I think my Sagittarius Sun, Neptune in Sagittarius in the 5th house and Taurus Moon, Taurus Midheaven, Saturn in Taurus is a big part in parenting my son obviously because he´s a Sagittarius Ascendant, Moon in Sag, and Jupiter in Sag, Saturn in Pisces, and Taurus Sun. I´m the Virgo Pluto with the Polarity Point of Pisces where he´s the polarity point of Taurus.

We´re actually evolving one another in our experience. Since I´m learning about natural laws of Pisces, divine love, higher consciousness and he´s the higher octave of love. Where Taurus is Meditative, Zen, Relaxation and both of us washing away karma with Scorpio.

His South Node Taurus and my North Node Aquarius. We square each other´s nodes.

He´s and INFP I´m INFJ. We understand each other very well. I believe pretty much there´s a higher purpose here for both of us. We´re both Sagittarius teachers. Basically covering different social issues and social problems. Ethics, morals, values.

We do it two different ways though with a dominate Sagittarius Signature and Taurus Signature. We usually do go through a lot of big events at the same time.

I was a single mother and really raised him more by my teachings and belief systems.

I´m am a natural mother, and just naturally always respected his boundaries.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2019
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »