Image and Astrology

November 30, 2019 at 14:26 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Image and Astrology
This is bound to stir up some s*it :61:...

Most image-conscious signs and placements in astrology?

Most-image conscious signs, to me:

Taurus-wants to be seen as materially successful

Leo- don´t know if they´re image conscious, or just naturally assume their image is great, and enjoy projecting it...

Virgo- wants to be seen as "together"

Libra- Wants to be seen as resembling their idealistic image of perfection and beauty. Also wants to be seen as successful in relationships and romance.

Capricorn- wants to be seen as publicly successful, respected

Pisces- similar to Libra, but mostly involving inner stuff

Least image-conscious:

Aries- too busy doing what they´re doing to care about what you think

Gemini- too busy talking to care about what you think

Sagittarius- too busy planning their next grand scheme that will never materialize to care what you think. Or they´re just not home.

Aquarius- usually doesn´t care what you think, but may also go out of their way to cultivate an image of being someone who doesn´t care what people think...

OK this unintentionally turned into kind of a jokey thread... but there may be room for some good observations, so fire away...

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
November 30, 2019 at 15:02
(Libra) leorising
I am sun in libra 29 degrees, this need of relationship It was hammering in my head, until I read what South node means in Libra, that a marriage will take things from me .. I kicked the tent stick (I threw up this madness}
November 30, 2019 at 15:13
(Pisces) fishscales » leorising
It´s not really the inner, personal need I´m talking about leorising... It´s the "need" or desire to be seen in a certain way by others...the desire to have a certain image...and how important that image is to the person trying to project it...
November 30, 2019 at 15:27
(Pisces) Nola_la
>"Taurus-wants to be seen as materially successful"

I´ve never met :172: who´s not like that.

>"Leo- don´t know if they´re image conscious, or just naturally assume their image is great, and enjoy projecting it..."

:4:

I guess lots Leo placements have that - I have ascendant in Leo and I have to agree :61:

>"Capricorn- wants to be seen as publicly successful, respected"

That´s true.

>"Least image-conscious:

Aries- too busy doing what they´re doing to care about what you think

Gemini- too busy talking to care about what you think"

And these 2 too. :4:
November 30, 2019 at 15:36
(Pisces) Nola_la
"Libra- Wants to be seen as resembling their idealistic image of perfection and beauty. Also wants to be seen as successful in relationships and romance."

Gosh, I´ve never read a better description of this zodiac sign.It´s in 100% true. And that´s the reason I´m so far away from :177:.They are so annyoing in creating their ideal world and convincing others it´s really like this, but real life can be different...

I thought about it some time ago...Why I don´t understand :177: and can´t get along with them.

Sometimes I´d even like to say...They are FAKE - but that´s the worst picture of Libra,in a distorted mirror.
November 30, 2019 at 15:50
(Taurus) Morena.Lu
Where is :178:? :4:
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
November 30, 2019 at 15:51
(Pisces) fishscales » Nola_la
I´m definitely playing the stereotypes on this post, just to have fun with it...some of them do have a kernel of truth in them though...

And of course, there´s always going to be mitigating circumstances...

For instance, my dad was a Sag, and he didn´t care about his image in terms of what he said or how he acted..

But I think he wanted to be seen as materially successful...or be respected career-wise... Or something Earthy...

He did have moon in Taurus, although we often don´t project our moon... It´s more personal, private...

Not sure what his rising sign was...

Regardless, whether he was trying to pursue material security or the image of material security.. Or both... He spent more time coming up with grandiose schemes about how to attain material security rather than putting the time and effort into actually doing it in a singular, sustained way...

But I´ll say this... He didn´t care what other people thought of his shenanigans, even when they brought it to his attention in a negative light... They were always the ones who weren´t "getting it"...

Classic Sag, in alot of ways...
November 30, 2019 at 15:53
(Taurus) Morena.Lu » Morena.Lu
:61:
Login
(Log in)
November 30, 2019 at 16:01
(Sagittarius) orkest » fishscales
Sag with Taurus moon confirms what you´ve written :3:
November 30, 2019 at 16:09
"Sometimes I´d even like to say...They are FAKE -"

They can lose themselves in the pursuit of the things they value... And those values are often adopted from the outside, or other people...what other people say is "right"...plus they always feel the need to balance what they do with how it will effect others... Sometimes that can lead to massive miscalculations that can really blow up in their face...

They can also become resentful towards others because so much of their value system is built on other people... So when things go south, they will blame others, instead of realizing that they themselves put everything in motion by deciding to mold their value system around other people...

Alot of the "fake" dynamic comes from not listening to their own inner voice and convictions, and modeling themselves on what they see from others...

Their initial intentions are good though...Venusian...based on the search for harmony, balance, and of course, love...

But you know what they say about good intentions...

Embracing their Aries polarity with regularity --not just when they´re angry or fed up--can go a long way towards clearing up Libra´s issues I think...
November 30, 2019 at 16:21
(Gemini) hipogrifo010 » Morena.Lu
Both 100% TRUE NO FAKE :61:
November 30, 2019 at 16:30
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Sorry, I was looking at myself in the mirror and didnt hear a word you said...

:61:
November 30, 2019 at 16:39
(Pisces) fishscales » Sunnyshadow
:61: :75:
November 30, 2019 at 16:45
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » fishscales
I think your descriptions are pretty accurate. Maybe I can add something of value later. I work with a Cap and he likes appearing successful for sure. Keeping up with the Jones syndrome
November 30, 2019 at 16:48
(Pisces) fishscales » orkest
Cool...

I wish I knew what my dad´s ascendant was...another important piece of the puzzle

I always suspected he could have been a Leo rising...
November 30, 2019 at 16:55
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Morena.Lu
Lol, I like this. My aries moon wants to go with aries though. We both die! Cancer and Pisces are just f#@%d
November 30, 2019 at 17:01
(Taurus) Morena.Lu » hipogrifo010
It´s just for fun. :4: :3:
November 30, 2019 at 17:11
(Taurus) Morena.Lu » Sunnyshadow
Since :153: has been in :178: everything is about death, rebirth, obsession, how to "catch" someone.. :61:
For my :153: in :172: laughing will always be the best form of therapy..
Login
(Log in)
November 30, 2019 at 17:27
(Aries) ram_goat
sounds pretty damn accurate to me..
November 30, 2019 at 19:47
(Pisces) Nola_la » fishscales
>"They can lose themselves in the pursuit of the things they value... And those values are often adopted from the outside, or other people..."

That´s true.

Their initial intentions are good though...Venusian...based on the search for harmony, balance, and of course, love...

But you know what they say about good intentions...

"the road to hell is paved with good intentions?"

I´ll go into details later. I want to say something about :172: and :177:.
November 30, 2019 at 20:34
(Pisces) Nola_la » fishscales
When I think about Taurus and Libra...

Everything is based on power and wealth from their ruler. Libras and Taurus have been very generously gifted by :154: and may not even be aware of the beneficial effects of this planet. But influence of Venus is a little bit different for 2 these signs ...

:172: is all about resources. But they know that they must earn it all. And in most cases they work hard for their financial status and material things and that is something that builds (?) or confirms their sense of value. They know that everything has its value and price. In every sense: properties have their price, good vacation, car ... But not only - work has its price and Taurus will not take a job that is not profitable. And when he finishes work, he knows that he should have a good meal and solid rest - usually...in simple way...just go to sleep to regenerate (energy as an example of our own resources) :). Taurus: may give the impression of a very selfish sign, because it´s difficult to understand their nature. Taurus loves a materialistic world, but in a different way than :177:. I met with the opinion that Taurus is a lazy sign, but this is not entirely true ... They just cleverly "store" their energy.

:172: know the value of things, they can estimate/calculate their price, and unfortunately these "things" shape their self-esteem. Would they be poor without it? Feeling ... worthless? They naturally don´t want to be lossy, and they often feel undervalued. Believe me, I lived with Taurus (my dad) under the same roof for 20 years - I know them like the back of my hand. They are difficult, it ´s not easy to reach them, they hide their feelings (it does not mean they are not emotional) and they are secretive - maybe because they are afraid of getting hurt....

With Libra it is different - :177: is Venus in its full glory...Libras just want to lead a comfortable and pleasant life and think they deserve it - always surrounded by nice things, because they value beauty and harmony., Admiration and splendor - that´s what they like and need. And :154: is very generous for this sign - but in completely different way than for Taurus .Venus gives them that pleasant life - Libra usually does not have to work hard, usually she is lucky to have a nice environment around her. Of course, like any other person, Libras experience losses in life, but the wealth of Venus is so beneficial that he may not suffer as much as others. So maybe that quote that "Money can´t buy happiness, but it´s much more comfortable crying in a Mercedes than on a bike" is especially true for :177:

Despite the fact that Venus and Jupiter as beneficial planets radiate their light, they can also strengthen it to the level of absurdity - so Libra can be extremely vain, wasteful, simply empty...attached only to material values - money, beautiful interiors, clothes... Like a beatiful sculpture that can be admired but is empty inside - with no depth.
December 1, 2019 at 03:05
"Despite the fact that Venus and Jupiter as beneficial planets radiate their light, they can also strengthen it to the level of absurdity - so Libra can be extremely vain, wasteful, simply empty...attached only to material values - money, beautiful interiors, clothes... Like a beatiful sculpture that can be admired but is empty inside - with no depth."

By and large, I agree with this...

I had a reply written, but it was kind of convoluted, so I didn´t post...

Will try again tomorrow..
December 1, 2019 at 03:27
I´ll say this now though, since it´s a pretty simple thought...

I think Libra is the hardest sign to be.

Yeah yeah, there´s brooding Scorpio, somber Capricorn, and misunderstood Pisces. Nope. Libra.

I think it´s because their ability to be happy is contingent upon the most unreliable of factors... Other people.
December 1, 2019 at 03:50
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » fishscales
If Libra is the hardest sign to be I am glad it is only my ascendant.

My Aquarius sun doesn’t care what my Libra ascendant thinks!

Though my Leo moon assures me that I’m great. :4:
December 1, 2019 at 03:53
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
It’s a good topic.

It has to focus on generalizations, but those point in the right direction and can be refined down when looking at an individual’s chart.

:15:
December 1, 2019 at 22:30
(Scorpio) venushouse
My eternal speech to my kids 10 and 12 came to mind (Cap rising) " Your reputation is paramount" on car rides to orchestra practice. LOL

Always being seen in a coordinated well appointed and curated outfit (libra Dominant)another speech to children, looking their best always!!!

Theorizing on the subject with no projected end in sight, much to my chagrin .(Gemini moon).

I think Scorpio would be least concerned because Scorpio loves behind the scenes power. We don´t need to be the puppet out in front receiving the applause but the puppet master who holds the strings, real power.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2019
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »