Low self esteem in natal chart

November 30, 2019 at 08:48 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user sophiealice, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Low self esteem in natal chart
Which aspects causes low self esteem in natal chart? And is there anyway to override those bad effects?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
November 30, 2019 at 12:02
(Scorpio) David Evans
A strongly aspected Chiron probably inflicts self esteem problems, especially if it is Aries or 1st house Chiron.

Chiron deals with lifelong pain after all.

I dont think there is any "way" to counter it, Chiron is also a teacher, so you´ll probably find your own way to solve it, unique to your own needs.

Hope this puts you at ease at least.
Best wishes yo! :37:
November 30, 2019 at 12:21
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » David Evans
System message: Post has been written by user sophiealice, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Thanks david. you are right. It is because of chiron. I read the description under my chiron. Yeap. It is exactly my problem.
November 30, 2019 at 12:28
(Cancer) Hada » David Evans
And What about aspect chiron conjunct asc ?
November 30, 2019 at 12:37
(Sagittarius) GoldenLion5
Yes, Aries in Chiron aspects my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th house. I really don´t have any way out of being wounded. I just have to go with the flow and take the hits, learn what I do, evolve, grow, and mature. Not as bad as it was ten years ago because I´ve done a lot of healing, but when you have the fixed cross, Leo, Aquarius, Taurus, Scorpio, you´re going to take more hits especially with South Node Leo in the 1st house.
November 30, 2019 at 12:49
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
My chiron is in cancer in 9th house conjuncting Mc, squaring asc and many aspects in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th,6th,11th and 12th houses. It effects all my natal chart like a web. My low selfesteem is kinda parental sourced and effecting whole my life in every aspect.
November 30, 2019 at 12:51
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » GoldenLion5
=====
How could you heal yourself? Any recommended techniques? Or any advice?
November 30, 2019 at 12:57
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » sophiealice
I´m sorry to hear that. :8:

Talking it out usually helps, for a start. What have you tried so far to help yourself?
November 30, 2019 at 13:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » bluerosepetals
=====
Professional help and medical treatment. But every time after a while docs said I have nothing wrong and I dont need a medical treatment. I am not a believer too. Then my latest therapist adviced me astrology to understand myself and universe. Kinda alternative to religion. 😂 I guess It is more acceptable for me.
November 30, 2019 at 13:41
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » sophiealice
Yes, I understand.

I suppose some wounds never heal completely and they always lay within us. What I found useful was to use my own pain to help others, it gave me a sense of usefulness and relief. Astrology also helped. I think it is true that we can never completely heal our Chiron wounds, but we kind of learn how to live with them and what to do with them. I guess it´s easier to deal with it when we feel like we have a purpose.
November 30, 2019 at 14:37
(Sagittarius) GoldenLion5 » sophiealice
Virtual Reality Therapy
Water Therapy
Art Therapy
Writing
Meditation/Relaxation/Visualization
A lot of education on psychology, neurology
Sensory & Light therapy.
Eye Rapid Movement Therapy
Buddhism/Eastern Philosophies

I did things 365 days a year every day to get out of depression, anxiety, and post traumatic stress.

Fortunately, it´s something you always work every day. More management of emotions, thoughts, and feelings.

Takes a lot of courage, inner work, and time.
November 30, 2019 at 18:58
(Scorpio) David Evans » Hada
Since Ascendant is how you are perceived outwardly by others, your Chiron is probably very visible to other people.
November 30, 2019 at 22:18
(Pisces) Nola_la
Oh, it´s not easy to say what causes low self-esteem, because many factors can show that.

As a person who believes in generational karma I´d say that problems with self-esteem is in Sun - Saturn aspects, because it is repeated through 3 generations in my family.. My grandmother,my dad and I we all have Sun square Saturn aspect in our charts and I can admit we are full of fears and very critical, without trust.
If you have such an aspect in your chart, it is like...Being born means...doubt myself. And only life - long work makes you and your life worthy.

But that´s only me.

It all depends on what shaped your personality.

Lots of people suffer because of poor childhood - it´s not easy to break a cycle of family dysfunction and find a path for yourself when you don´t have good patterns - people with happy home life have (moral) compass and that compass helps them to find a right direction in life or just...not to get lost on the way :3: Ofc, we all as humans make mistakes, but you know...Compass can keep you safe through the wood.
Poor childhood stays with you all your life - try to ask how it affects your self-esteem...

Second thing and reason for lots of problems with self-esteem is in my opinion social life. People with bad luck in relations, without friends or not liked by their peers doubt themselves.

There are various reasons for low self-esteem but it usually begins in early childhood and stays with us forever - but if you´ll work on that, your life can change. And sometimes...Sometimes you should just accept things like they are - you don´t have luck for groups/friends? Maybe you should live alone - I believe that for some people it´s better to be a lone wolf.

Considering what I wrote above...I would look for the reasons of low self-esteem in 4th house (family) and 11th (friendships and membership in a group),maybe 7th house is important too... If you have malefic planets (Pluto, Mars, Saturn or Chiron) in these houses, you should know where your bad luck comes from.
Or maybe your "lights" affected by malefic planets are the answer - I am conviced that Sun or Moon in aspects with Saturn can cause such a problem. And Chiron - especially its house placement might have a lot to say in this case.
December 1, 2019 at 01:00
(Pisces) fishscales
What is self-esteem?

What is esteem?

It is to hold something in high regard.

Now think about the dangers of having a high degree of self esteem.

Vanity, narcissism, pride, etc.

In whatever way high self esteem manifests itself, the focus is on the ego, the "I", the self.

Now think about low self esteem.

The person with low self esteem may or may not be vain, narcissistic, or prideful, but their focus falls on exactly the same thing as it does in the case of the person with high self esteem: the ego, the "I", the self.

Now think of a flower.

A flower doesn´t grow into something beautiful because it feels good about itself, and it doesn´t not grow because it feels bad about itself.

It just does what it´s supposed to do.

Better to be like a flower.

(Or like a fucking flower for those who may think I´m trying to tug at your heartstrings.)

:3:
December 1, 2019 at 02:46
(Pisces) fishscales » fishscales
Basically, what I´m trying to say is...

We waste an enormous amount of time and energy thinking about how great we are, and an enormous amount of time and energy worrying about how lousy we are.

There´s a lyric to a Lenny Kravitz song that goes:

"It seems I´ve forgotten how it feels to be."

Man, that really hit me the first time I heard it... I had forgotten how it felt to BE, worrying about myself... How good I was, how bad I was, my past, my future, all of it...

Lenny is overall a pretty poor lyricist, but he nailed it with that one...
December 1, 2019 at 03:01
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » Nola_la
Nola_la--my gosh, Sun-Square Saturn, I have this placement, and I am the Queen of self-doubt. I´m always driving myself insane questioning, am I a good mother, do people like me, is it my fault someone else is struggling, could my family be happier if I was just better at X, Y, Z. A lot of this I believe also came from my childhood. My dad had a lot of addictions and wasn´t there for me emotionally, and because my mom was not happy with my dad, I became her "project" in which I had to do everything perfectly, as I was a reflection of her. Her two favorite sayings were "Can´t you do anything right?" And "You´re never going to amount to anything."

I also have Pluto in the 4th house, which I believe is tied to childhood. Actually I believe anything dark with the 4th house can lead to long-term self-esteem issues, since early childhood is where the wiring is set.
December 1, 2019 at 03:20
(Pisces) Nola_la » RunnerChic85
."I also have Pluto in the 4th house, which I believe is tied to childhood. Actually I believe anything dark with the 4th house can lead to long-term self-esteem issues, since early childhood is where the wiring is set."

Pluto in 4th is one of the worst placement you can ever imagine But I am convinced that people with Saturn /Neptune or maybe even Uranus in 4th know what we´re talking about...
December 1, 2019 at 15:49
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user PeterDavis, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hi!

I am really sorry about your situation. Am I being too intrusive if I ask you in which ways is that low self-esteem manifesting in your life? Having an answer to that might help me to offer you the best healing alternatives.

Besides what you already know - those challenging aspects to Chiron, especially to your Libra Ascendant - you have 3 important planets that are retrograde in your natal chart: Mars in your 7th conjunct your Descendant, Mercury in your 1st, and Jupiter in your 9th.

Retro Mars could create some difficulties asserting oneself and having the courage to face situations and people in our lives. And that Mars is opposite your Asc, and Moon.

Mercury retrograde (and in your 1st) could create communication difficulties and perhaps even shyness.

Jupiter retrograde in the 9th could create a diminished hope/faith factor. And that retrograde Jupiter is square your Nodes.

But you have a beautiful "kite aspect pattern" in your chart. Also, retrograde planets could manifest in very positive ways if one knows how to use their inwardly directed energy.

If you can - and feel comfortable with it - tell me about how is that low self-esteem manifesting in your life.

But regardless, I wish you the best of luck, :-).
December 1, 2019 at 21:55
(Scorpio) venushouse
My Saturn and Sun fighting and making up in their respective 4th and
10th houses! I coulda been a contender! Wait ,I AM A CONTENDER! lol

Your Moon in 12th house, possible emotional upheaval however you have this Poweful almost FANTASTICAL Sun conjuction to your ascendant. I do not in any way seek to minimize your pain with a pat answer. I can relate to you, in considering our challenges we can also acknowledge the wonderful things in our chart as well as tools to help us with those challenges.

Be well!
December 1, 2019 at 23:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » venushouse
=====
No. Its not minimizing. That´s great to hear you found yourself and define as contender. 😊

Maybe one day I would find my word 😉
December 1, 2019 at 23:32
(Scorpio) venushouse » sophiealice
Hi sophialice!

Yes you are also a contender. It´s a battle honestly. Good days, Bad days, Good hours , bad hours, bad minutes. I always have to decide which side of that battle I will be on and who´s side I am fighting on. Re-adjustment is always needed. The point is to always keep fighting . Which you are doing. Being open requires such a show of force! We all have a journey to complete, to conquer and to overcome. War is bloody but there is hope. You will claim the peace that you so deserve. Rely on that big beautiful Sun that you have in your 1st house, let it´s light guide you. It was given to you as a gift.

All the best!
December 1, 2019 at 23:49
(Virgo) kat.lovesastro » David Evans
I agree to this...Chiron is a soft and tender spot in astrology, not a major planet but major asteroid I consider and incorporate in my natal/synastry/composite readings (mind you not a pro still learning astrology). It is deemed the wounded healer, and I can attest to your valid claim that can cause self-esteem issues because of fear of being hurt. I have many aspects to this, but thankful armed with the knowledge of astrology and understanding of it, I was able to rationalize and resolve some of the pain that I´ve felt throughout my life (i have sun/moon/venus and Jupiter + ascendant chiron aspects and being prominently place in the 10th house..I would say I know chiron very well) how coincidental to have it it in my career, because I utilized the "wounded healer" in empathizing with my patients I work in the medical field being a nurse, studying astrology brought me into realization that all the malefic aspects in the charts can be turned around and transform as an asset. I might also add that things that may cause "lack of self-esteem" Id say.. attributes to lot of Saturn aspects.. Saturn after all rules restrictions/limitations and fear.
December 2, 2019 at 00:17
(Virgo) kat.lovesastro » Hada
I agree to what David had to say, I have Chiron sextile Ascendant exact orb.. people gravitate to me (especially at my work setting) and comment that they feel very "calm and safe" with me I apparently give off a healing vibe (my northnode is also in the 8th), even my patients who are volatile with psychiatric tendencies dx: schizophrenia w/ (aggressive-combative behaviors) feel at ease in my presence, they tend to trust me more so than others, (even though I must admit I do have my internal struggles) with visibly abrasive and or rough demeanor (mind you I have mars and sun in the first house with abrasive aspects to Uranus and Saturn) and yet they still see me as gentle. I have Taurus MC. So my advise, take heed and chiron will be the healer that will provide comfort and sanctuary for those troubled, they will seek you unbeknownst to them, especially if it is very prominent if it´s conjunct major personal planet and angle like the first even in 4th/7th and 10th house
December 2, 2019 at 00:25
(Aries) nutelina » GoldenLion5
But Goldie, you are in an dimension beyond most I´d say, and that´s maybe because of such aspects like you are mentioning. A lot of people see challenges as negative. Challenges are challenges, it´s an opportunity. And some are like no other.
December 2, 2019 at 03:01
(Scorpio) David Evans » kat.lovesastro
How does one turn around a heavily aspected 3rd house Chiron in Libra? Because no matter what I do, anytime I attempt to be romantic, for 8 years, I am universally seen as creepy.

As an honest question, not trying to be emotional here. About the only asset part of this is being single means I have very low money expenditure. It just sucks feeling alone on Holidays, or whenever an obstacle involving only me pops up, knowing I have no support.

Friendship wise, honestly not so bad somehow, and that doesnt cause me pain when said things go south. So easily made up relatively.
December 2, 2019 at 06:02
(Virgo) kat.lovesastro » David Evans
Hello there David..
I´m going to answer this as much to my knowledge (like I´ve mentioned earlier I am still a student of astrology and trying to expand my knowledge) however, this I can somewhat relate, because I have Pluto in the 3rd house, Pluto as it is, is the catalyst/agent of brining transformation via upheaval as well as traumatic circumstances to the native and since it is in the 3rd house this aspects of your life will be affected (communications and early upbringing and immediate environment also including early education as well as neighbors/siblings and other extension in the family - however, it does not describe the paternal/maternal that would be in the 4th & 10th house axis).. anyhow, to answer your question, I don´t think it directly relates over your romantic life nor financial situation - those can be found in the 2nd/8th house axis and 5th house (romance) whatever planets its in there and what kind of aspects its making to your love planet (venus). Chiron in the 3rd house however pertains to (let me know if it resonates) difficulty in expressing yourself especially when trying to convey your message without being criticized and or judge, it possibly feels like whatever you say falls on deaf ears. Especially if you ever have a sibling or aunts and uncles even teachers, there might be some misunderstanding that created a feeling of no one understands you..3rd house after all is the house of communication (Gemini´s domicile) since chiron in libra.. you probably have difficulty expressing and or in this case "negotiating" (libra´s love to negotiate and meet in the middle - balancing the situation). I think what is important to overcome this, is to be able to find people that will alleviate the suffering of your chiron, maybe connect with people who have Libran temperaments and those people who see both side of the situation and being able to come to terms this will usually ease your chiron (pain)..surprisingly. I have venus in Libra conjunct my libra south node..how coincidentally for you to ask this question and feel very open to me.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2019
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »