Astrocartography

November 27, 2019 at 15:17 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) GaySnails42
Astrocartography
What are some general opnions about this technique?

What is your opinion?

I find the idea interesting but so far haven´t traveled enough to verify anything abour my placements. I am looking to relocate within the next year or so, advice is therefor always welcome. Thank you.

Where can I find some good resources on it?

This post is intented to start a conversation, go nuts!

Thanks!

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
November 27, 2019 at 21:20
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Astro-Locality can mean some places will actually grant you your wildest dreams! :32: :81: :30: :36: :117: :37:
November 27, 2019 at 21:49
(Taurus) nutelina
If you look I have written about it... But sometimes I cannot find things too.. Usually it works well though.
November 28, 2019 at 01:31
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Davis212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
The accumulated empirical data about it support the technique. But it is not just astrocartography, but the Relocated chart as well.

On your astrocartography map, your will see different "lines" running along the map. Your would see, for example, one line called, "The Venus-AC line", or the "Mercury-MC line", or the "Jupiter-DC line", etc. What those lines means - in those examples - is those places where Venus would be on your Ascendant, or Mercury in your MC or Jupiter in your Descendant.

In a Relocated chart - which is a chart with your exact date and time of birth (adjusted according to the different time zones) but a different city - one is seeking to have a "better chart" according to our specific goals and desires.

The sign and degree of each planet would be exactly the same as in your natal chart. And the aspects between them would also be the same. The ONLY thing that might change is the "Angles" (Ascendant, Descendant, MC, and IC); and thus, the houses where the planets in the Relocated chart would be.

If the aspects and signs don´t change, then what´s the point in relocating and having a "new chart"?

Well, because one is seeking a few things:

1. To perhaps have a different Ascendant more applicable to our specific goals. For example, a Leo Asc is applicable for leadership, artistic expressions, etc. A Scorpio Asc is applicable for research, digging deep into things, for being psychotherapist, etc. An Aries Asc would be good for becoming a pioneer, and for doing anything adventurous; and so on.

2. We want certain planets to influence certain houses. For example, one might want to have Jupiter in our MC (for career goals), or in our Descendant (for romantic goals), or in our IC (for real estate, working from home, finding a place to have "peace of mind"), etc. Or Venus in our MC for creative endeavors. Or Mercury in our 10th (or being in our Asc) for careers in writing.

3. The planets conjunct the Angles becomes very strong. And we want to have some specific planets (according to our specific goals) conjunct certain angles. Even though the Aspects between planets would remain exactly the same, the aspects to the Angles, however, might change a lot.

For example, at a certain city in Europe, I would have an Asc that have many great aspects - which I don´t have in my natal chart. And my North Node would be now conjunct the MC.

So the idea is to first decide what specific "new influences" we are seeking to have - what it is that we want to improve. Then we determine what specific "line(s)" (Mercury in the Ascendant line, etc) is the one that applies. Then we get our astrocartography map and locate that specific line. Then we determine which cities are near that specific line. Then we erect a "new birth chart" for each city that we found on that line, and determine which is the best chart that reflects our specific goals and desires.

Here is a good book on that:

"Finding Your Best Places: Using Astrocartography to Navigate Your Life (Dan Furst´s Astrocartography Book 1)" by Dan Furst.

http://a.co/c5FurKH
November 28, 2019 at 12:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Davis212
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
There is a big limitation to Relocation charts and Astro-cartography in general.

One limitation is that you wouldn´t create "better" chart than you have elsewhere. The only difference from your hometown are really aspects to angles and planets in different houses. Difference is small.

The other limitation is that it can improve something while exaggerating shortcomings of something else. So, you won something while you lost something.

Lastly, you wouldn´t get only advantages from beneficial planets. The same applies for so called malefic planets, you also get something good from them too. Depending on your birth chart, it can be the same, more or less than with benefactors. .
November 29, 2019 at 00:44
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » MarvinReal
System message: Post has been written by user Davis212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"There is a big limitation to Relocation charts and Astro-cartography in general."

Of course; as with everything.

"One limitation is that you wouldn´t create ´better´ chart than you have elsewhere. The only difference from your hometown are really aspects to angles and planets in different houses. Difference is small."

That´s no small difference my friend; a planet on an angle becomes very strong and influential. And with relocation, we could put a certain planet in a certain angle. Besides, Aspects to the Asc and MC, could become a lot better. And I´ve found out that the Aspects to the angles are also extremely important. Even more important than the aspects between planets.

"The other limitation is that it can improve something while exaggerating shortcomings of something else. So, you won something while you lost something."

Yes, I am well aware of that. But those "exaggerations of the shortcomings" does not occur everywhere. That´s why one must keep playing with different relocated charts until we found one where those "exaggerations" are minimized.

"Lastly, you wouldn´t get only advantages from beneficial planets. The same applies for so called malefic planets, you also get something good from them too."

Of course. The "Malefics" also manifest in very important ways too.

"Depending on your birth chart, it can be the same, more or less than with benefactors."

Yes, I know.

I´ve actually seen a lot of empirical data (case studies) that fully support astrocartography. Of course, anecdotal evidence, but isn´t all therapeutic improvements anecdotal evidence?

I would dare say that there is more empirical data supporting astrocartography than there is supporting the technique of synastries. A lot more; I´ve researched this extensively.

For example, I get a great relocated chart at Croatia and places near it. After having tested dozens of relocated charts, that place has the best one. All those "exaggerations" are minimized or eliminated, and I have a great "new" Asc with many great Aspects, and a very well aspected MC with my Aries NN conjunct it.
November 29, 2019 at 00:53
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Trust me. I am living on my Jupiter line. My :156: :191: ASC runs through Portugal, England and Norway. Just by accident I was always into English and Norwegians. One Portuguese too, actually two if you count dialects. I´ve never planned nor wished to be here. It is a small difference. I am not a king yet. By relocation chart, I should be a king long time ago.
November 29, 2019 at 00:56
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » MarvinReal
=====
May be you are missing something. Because I´ve read the success stories of many many individuals. Not just a few, but dozens of success stories. It is possible you are missing something, or what you need is a different "line" to become important in your chart.
November 29, 2019 at 01:06
=====
Or to "move" your Jupiter to the Jupiter conjunct MC line, or to emphasize another line like the "Mercury-MC" line, etc. It takes many "trial and errors" to come up with the best Relocated chart.
May 13, 2020 at 22:24
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Darkerhorse, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I don´t think one has to actually visit or move to a place in order to feel planetary influences. There´s also planetary influences when we encounter people, things, and ideas associated with places. Even from past lives, if you will.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »