Competitiveness in natal chart

November 18, 2019 at 15:53 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Competitiveness in natal chart
I´d imagine it has something to do with Mars...

My Mars is in Taurus (in detriment) though I am extremely competitive.

I also have Mars in the 8th house...maybe that makes competition kind of a life and death thing for me. I´ve been told I get way too intense on family game night :61:

I also have Mars sextile sun...an opportunity to be competitive at heart?

Anyone else have any observations regarding competitiveness in natal chart?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
November 18, 2019 at 16:00
(Libra) leorising
I only competed in exams for jobs and for courses at university ,for other subjects I am peace and love.
Pluto in 3rd house square mars in 7th house, sun conjunction Pluto, North Node in Aries
November 18, 2019 at 16:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Yugen., who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I have also Mars in Taurus in detriment, and elevated, but in the late years i have changed so much, not competitive at all, i dont like war and debates, i avoid them like the devil the incense. Debates are very tiring for me.
November 18, 2019 at 16:23
(Pisces) fishscales » Yugen.
Debates yes... I have become alot less intellectually/ideologically competitive than I used to be... Although I still play devil´s advocate from time to time... But mainly with the purpose of expanding the conversation and getting everyone (including myself) out of their mental "box"...

Other aspects of competition...the "fun" kinds I guess you´d call them... Have increased for me though...
November 18, 2019 at 16:34
(Pisces) Nola_la
I have often thought about this topic - thank you for starting this :61:. It must be :182: telepathy or something like this ...

It´s funny, because I have Mars in Taurus in 11th house and it´s - sorry - like pain in the ass for me. I don´t see myself as a competetive person, but ... I think I am seen as such quite often. Or maybe I´m just unaware of how competitive I am. I guess that aspects play a role here - I have Moon opposite Mars aspect and as I guess this is the reason why competition is for me tiresome/exhausting. I don´t need it in my life. I like to do things "on my own".

But I see people with Mars in Taurus as competitive. Just like these with Mars in Aries or Mars in Scorpio. But I guess they compete in a different way.

I wonder about Mars in Capricorn too...

And I am quite sure that people with Sun - Mars aspects tend to be competitive, maybe more than others.
November 18, 2019 at 16:52
(Pisces) Nola_la
I forgot about house placements.

I can risk and say that - Mars in 8th house has more to say in that subject than Mars in Taurus.

I believe that people with Mars in 8th love a fight to the death :4: :3: :3:
November 18, 2019 at 17:13
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
As You say Fish, Mars is the fire in competition.

Having Mars in 1st in Libra has had a blunting effect to my need to compete with others, especially as I get older. I am more interested in bettering my own personal best.

I also think Pluto can be involved in competition.
It’s a heavier ,” I will grind my adversaries to dust and pound them into the ground and they will be forgotten to time” kind of competition.

It’s what gives Scorpio that scary reputation!
November 18, 2019 at 17:13
(Gemini) Olenna
I believe some Saturn involved with Mars can make one competitive.
November 18, 2019 at 17:19
(Pisces) Nola_la » Leo Moon
I forgot about Mars in 1st - you must be competitive with Mars in 1st house.

I guess Pluto prefers to manipulate rather than compete :4:
November 18, 2019 at 18:19
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Stephen Craig Paddock was burning himself out gambling before the arsenal he put in his hotel room was put to use, might say he competed against his Public Enemy Father and lost! He had :156: Tee :194: :152: & :160: with little 14 year orbit asteroid Hidalgo making a grand cross to the other three.
Competing as a self-challenge is obviously more noble than competing to "blow people away" and destroy competitors.
Gassed twice as a child, some unknown enemy wanted to "kill competition, before puberty set in"
What competition "turns you on"; Artist vs. Artist competition; Steroid Giant vs. Steroid Giant competition; or just simple monkey versus monkey competition!
November 18, 2019 at 18:21
(Cancer) Mrav
Competitiveness is a matter of 5th house, sports and games... so natural Suns house, Sun will shine, show off, be best.. But in order to be competitive Sun need some fire... so Mars in good aspects with Sun brings positive competitiveness without aggression just with strong will to win, to be determent to win. Mars pushes Suns ambition.
Sun in negative aspect with Mars gives impulsiveness, aggression, anger, primer instinct when you don´t choose your weapon wisely which leads to explosiveness, short temper and so on!

Great topic!
November 18, 2019 at 18:21
(Aquarius) nikkia
Which chart, Fish?

Placidus: 2nd house.
Whole Sign: 3rd house.

Forgive the newbie - but doesn´t the Sun and Saturn factor in here, too?
November 18, 2019 at 18:22
(Cancer) Mrav » Olenna
No, Mars with Saturn gives you stamina, so you can for example work for many hours without being tired...you have great patience and energy to complete work-task!
November 18, 2019 at 18:30
(Pisces) Nola_la » Mrav
>"No, Mars with Saturn gives you stamina, so you can for example work for many hours without being tired...you have great patience and energy to complete work-task!"

I agree with that, that´s a positive side of this aspect. But in real life I heard about 3 people for whom this aspect turned out to be very harmful.
November 18, 2019 at 23:51
(Pisces) fishscales » Nola_la
"I believe that people with Mars in 8th love a fight to the death :4: :3: :3:"

Yes... It kind of comes naturally. When an 8th house Mars springs into action, it creates a very "kill or be killed" type of attitude. Not in a literal sense, but if the circumstances were right... In a literal sense as well. Probably why I see it as a competitive placement.

It´s a survivalist placement too, which can be related to competition.
November 18, 2019 at 23:57
(Pisces) fishscales » Leo Moon
"I also think Pluto can be involved in competition.
It’s a heavier ,” I will grind my adversaries to dust and pound them into the ground and they will be forgotten to time” kind of competition."

:61:

Or a "crushing your enemies, seeing them driven before you, and hearing the lamentations of the women" kind of competition
November 19, 2019 at 00:08
(Pisces) fishscales » nikkia
"Which chart, Fish?

Placidus: 2nd house.
Whole Sign: 3rd house."

I take it you´re asking which house position of Mars you should be using?

Only you can answer that nikkia. Whichever one feels right to you.

"Forgive the newbie - but doesn´t the Sun and Saturn factor in here, too?"

I don´t think of the sun as a competitive planet.

If anything, the sun thinks it is already the undisputed leader. There´s nothing to compete for.

Think of its position in the solar system. It´s the unquestioned center of everything.

Challenge a sun person though, and you could be in for a rude awakening. They are not going to give up their position without a fight. After all, according to them, it is their birthright.

That´s not really competition though.

And Saturn... I don´t associate Saturn with competition... More with doing what needs to be done, regardless of what anyone else is doing.

Edit: Correction. Maybe Saturn is concerned with what others are doing... But it displays that in the form of personal ambition, rather than direct competition with others.
November 19, 2019 at 00:30
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » fishscales
According to the Magi Astrologers, athletes are more prone to trines to Mars, however high-payed MVPs are prone to "exact" trines to Mars!
Pluto and Sun may both be exalted in Aries. ( :171: :151: :160: )
Aquarius stelliums often win academic competition against those locomotive splash sorts who are diligent students in their own right. :44:
There were Olympic Committee experts who wanted to disqualify Shawn Johnson from Olympic competition merely for being too stiff-jointed! As if gymnastics were a "limberness & elasticity" competition! Something slightly reminiscent of the never-ending "trannies in track & field" argument.
:32:
November 19, 2019 at 01:22
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
I´ve got mars conjunct my midheaven. I was very competetive in my late teens through my twenties. Seemed to mellow out as I got older. I think it´s a competetive position for mars to be in. As it´s the highest planet in the chart
November 19, 2019 at 16:15
(Aquarius) nikkia
Well, I´ve got Saturn :191: Mars. I cannot seem to separate these two energies. (0.46" sep) regardless of house or sign.
I compete against myself -- looking to improve upon my ´personal best.´ I can be a bit hard on myself, but less so as I matured.
When it comes to *actual* competition, having discipline and endurance attached to competitive drive has its advantages.
This :191: :198: :171: :152: Win, lose or draw, I play fair. I consider myself gracious in both victory and defeat.
November 19, 2019 at 21:21
(Gemini) stigmí
I think you are true with mars/aries influence to this...
Maybe taurus mars make you more stubborn...but what i also see in your chart, that you have desc in aries with chiron on it...so maybe this is also signification of competitive tendentions...

I have weird strong mars and i am competitive, but just my way...i can´t look at myself, when i feel myself weak, not enough perfect, so i want to prove to myself that i am stronger or better...and so on...i am not competitive aries way...and everyone who awakes this inner critic in me, awakes also this inner fight :3:
November 19, 2019 at 21:26
(Scorpio) MelodicBlu
Oh. well.. My ex was a very sick competitive type. He had Mars opposite Sun, this is a strong indication of a person seeing others as competition. I had pointed it out towards him once, and he confirmed that its true he sees people that way.
Besides that, i dont know what other aspects indicate competitiveness.
Within his birthchart, he has Mars square pluto, thats a powerful one.
Mars in Leo (in the 12th house)
November 19, 2019 at 21:29
(Gemini) stigmí » MelodicBlu
Mars in leo is very competitive yes...with strong inner fire...and mars square pluto also...this is explosive combination
November 19, 2019 at 22:38
(Scorpio) MelodicBlu » stigmí
i sure as hell noticed that.. didnt know about the mars in leo, but it makes sense
November 19, 2019 at 23:22
(Pisces) fishscales » stigmí
"..but what i also see in your chart, that you have desc in aries with chiron on it...so maybe this is also signification of competitive tendentions..."

Hmm.. Interesting... I´ve never thought of my Chiron placement in that way before...will contemplate...
November 20, 2019 at 00:14
(Scorpio) venushouse
My feeling is that a warrior is always a warrior no matter where they are! lol. I have Mars in Capricorn, Mars being my ruler (Scorpio sun in the 10th house) Mars in my 1st house, Aries 4th house as well as Mars being my 2nd dominant planet. My first dominant planet is Venus and I have Libra as my sole dispositor but don´t be fooled. I am very martial. All of my kids school projects have turned into my personal manifestos! I have kicked a co-parent off of my daughter´s science project because her vision wasn´t grand enough and I couldn´t take the chance we would loose because of her (we did win 1st place by the way) I´ve always loved Military jackets, I make military coats. I always open with my Libra but it is Mars that is never far behind. Lol. My Aries dad and I used to make bullets in our basement when I was around 7 years old. He used to take me to the firing range. So yeah in a nutshell I can relate, and family game night is serious business!
:)
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2019
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »