Anybody here knows Vedic astrology?

November 12, 2019 at 14:57 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Purvaashadha, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Anybody here knows Vedic astrology?
Ive been reading and watching videos about Vedic astrology. I’m very curious for the past months. I don’t know how if it’s accurate Joni Patry Vedic chart calculator. I’ve been following KRS astrology and he got my attention on his videos. I don’t know if the placement of my planets are correct? I’m a Sagittarius Asc in sidereal chart but in Vedic Joni patrys chart I’m aries Ascendant.. anyone help me?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3 4
Sort posts:
November 12, 2019 at 15:35
(Pisces) fishscales
I don´t know what a Joni Patry Vedic calculator is.

Your tropical (Western) and sidereal (Vedic) placements will be different, but usually only by one sign I believe.

For example, western astro has my Mars and Venus in Taurus, while Vedic has them both in Aries. Western has my ASC in Libra, while Vedic has it in Virgo.

I don´t know why that "Joni Patry" calculator would put your ascendants so far apart. Maybe someone else can answer.

Aside from that, there´s the issue of house systems too.

As for picking an astrological system, choose the one that feels right for you.

The KRS guy seems pretty solid at what he does, though I´m no expert on Vedic.
November 12, 2019 at 15:59
(Cancer) ZynCitrus » fishscales
just go 25 degrees back
November 12, 2019 at 16:03
(Pisces) fishscales » ZynCitrus
Thanks...I was kinda sure sidereal placements would be in the previous sign compared to tropical placements, but didn´t know the exact number of degrees... Now I know :4:
November 12, 2019 at 16:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Nirayana was 25°00´00´´ difference from Sāyana for the current year 2019 A.D., according to Fagan-Bradley ayanamsa, the only one relevant. Although there were already efforts to "correct and improve" Fagan-Bradley calculations by "Galactic Equator 5°Sag" (on astro-seek), and by Huber and Britton (both on astro.com). The newest can be most precise, or not. "15 Tau Aldebaran" ayanamsa is the original basis for F-B. Aldebaran at approx 15Tau and Antares at approx 15Sco were the fiducial stars of the Babylonian zodiac.

When I want to access Western Siderealists constellational 13 signs zodiac and their website not working again, I use 12signs-almost-equivalent in "Galactic Equator 0°Sag" on astro.com, which came to similar results despite being 12signs chart and it´s the most extreme deviation from F-B at 5°20´ difference from F-B, and more than 30° offset from Western Tropical. In that case I ignore signs because they are incorrect. Just to chart distances and relationship between planets, for which Tropical zodiac function very well too.

Note that 5°Sag and 0°Sag are two different ayanamsas.

On this website we have only about handful of ayanamsas.
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/a…

In total, there are probably around 30 ayanamsas out there. Some ayanamsas are missing even on astro.com. Many PC/Mobile software have choices of ayanamsas limited to a few. Some are unique not found elsewhere.

Most websites in India let you choose only Lahiri, Raman, KP. Some have no choice but one.
November 12, 2019 at 16:56
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » fishscales
The exact number of degrees is 23° not 25°
November 12, 2019 at 17:30
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
In the Astrology Discussion list there is more Vedic Astrology in several categories other than "Vedic Horary"; Sometimes I wish the Vedic Astrologers would just give us a run for our Money$$$!! :41:
November 13, 2019 at 00:00
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Iceblu333
System message: Post has been written by user Davis212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
There is no "exact" number. That´s why there are so many "Ayanamsas", or the amount of degrees to substract from the Tropical degrees to arrive at the Vedic degrees. The Ayanamsas range from 20 to 25, and it is not a "fixed" number, as the constellations keep drifting back from the Vernal Equinox point due to the Precession of the Equinoxes.

Vedic astrology is way too complicated and has soooo many variables and so many different interpretations, that I just grew tired of the bullshit.

I can do anything that ANY Vedic astrologer can do; anything, using Tropical. And I always get so much better results. No need for so many variables and complications.
November 13, 2019 at 00:09
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Davis212
Listening to joni Patry and KRS they´ve both stated that it is 23° I´ve also looked at many sites. They all state 23°.

Either way, doing my own research it seems that everything is based on your specific location of birth. That´s why we have Western and Vedic... House placements.

I swear, the calculations done that predicted the time saturn went into my 3rd or 8th from moon (ashtama sati) EXACTLY lined up with what happened in my life at the time.

I´m also fully aware that the fixed stars are not in the same place as they were many years ago.

Everyone has their own technique.
November 13, 2019 at 00:12
But the calculation was done using western...

Since that worked for me Im sticking to it, but also while using the vedic process.

I´m still learning however.
November 13, 2019 at 00:13
I was actually hoping you would comment on this guy´s chart. I´m very interested in what you can see.

https://forum.astro-seek.com/topic/…
November 13, 2019 at 00:28
System message: Post has been written by user Davis212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"Listening to joni Patry and KRS they´ve both stated that it is 23° I´ve also looked at many sites. They all state 23°."

I am telling you, your information is wrong, but I don´t have time to explain now. It doesn´t really matter what Kapiel or Joni says; the information is wrong. I am telling you, it range from 20 the 25 degrees depending of the Ayanamsa. Perhaps the Ayanamsa they are using is 23, but that doesn´t mean that it is the only one, or the "correct" one. You got it all wrong. I was doing Vedic way before I learned Western. And math is my thing.

"Either way, doing my own research it seems that everything is based on your specific location of birth. That´s why we have Western and Vedic... House placements."

The place of birth is used to determine the Asc and the houses.

"I swear, the calculations done that predicted the time saturn went into my 3rd or 8th from moon (ashtama sati) EXACTLY lined up with what happened in my life at the time."

I am not saying that Vedic is 100% wrong; all I am saying is that it is way too complicated - unnecessarily - and it is not consistent. Different Vedic astrologers interpret things differently. This is not seen as much with western astrologers. Their interpretations are more consistent, and when they aren´t, someone is misunderstanding something, usually.

"I´m also fully aware that the fixed stars are not in the same place as they were many years ago."

That´s why the Ayanamsas. And they can´t be possibly fixed as the constellations keep drifting back.

"Everyone has their own technique."

Of course, but that doesn´t mean that EVERY one of them is workable enough. This "Let´s all hold our hands together and agree with are ALL correct" attitude with astrologers is a very naive and intellectually dishonest one. We can´t have that scenario where EVERYONE is correct. That is just very bad science.
November 13, 2019 at 00:31
=====
I´ll take a look at it tomorrow, maybe. I need to get ready for an important meeting I have tomorrow (not related to astrology, haha). But just remind me about it tomorrow night.
November 13, 2019 at 00:34
"I am not saying that Vedic is 100% wrong; all I am saying is that it is way too complicated - unnecessarily - and it is not consistent."

"We can´t have that scenario where EVERYONE is correct. That is just very bad science."

So you are basically saying, in your opinion, Tropical/Western is better than vedic?
November 13, 2019 at 00:37
Ok, I´ll wait for your explanation as to why 23° that is used to calculate digital vedic charts is incorrect.

And by the margins that digital chart can be incorrect.

Edit: Found it.

https://astrology-coaching.com/astr…
November 13, 2019 at 01:47
=====
That article has many wrong assumptions. And I never say that an Ayanamsa of 23° is "incorrect". I only say that 23° is just but ONE Ayanamsa out of many! It all would depend of the Ayanamsa being used by the Vedic program.

Nobody, and mean nobody can say with certainty at what exact date in the past did the Vernal/Autumnal equinox axis was pointing at "zero Aries" in that constellation.

ALL we have are conjectures and hypothesis. That´s ALL we have. That´s why there are soooo many different Ayanamsas. Depending on the exact date where the Vernal/Autumnal axis was pointing to zero Aries, then the calculations as to how much (haw many degrees) has that point moved back would give you a certain amount of degrees. It could be 23 degrees, 23.5, 22.5, 25, etc.

But who is to say that this or that specific date was the date when the Vernal equinox point was at zero Sideral Aries? Obviously - due to the many Ayanamsas that we have - NOBODY knows with certainty.

Now if you say, "The Ayanamsa corresponding to 23° degrees is the one most used today", then you are correct; that´s a fact. But that it is the most used doesn´t necessarily mean that it is the "correct one". See my point?

That "Zero Aries" point could have moved back 23°, or 25, or 20, etc; we just don´t know. Gee, we don´t even agree to what exact point in the constellation of Aries to assign as "zero", as the constellations are VERY different in size. They are a bunch of stars which are VERY separated from one another. So how do we know that "this exact point in the constellation is zero"? We just don´t know for sure.

That´s why I said, "It is inconsistent". But in Tropical astrology, the position of zero Aries has ALWAYS been the same, and will ALWAYS be the same point in the Ecliptic. It is "time-invariant". It is consistent. It is an exact mathematical relation between the Celestial Equator and the Ecliptic.
November 13, 2019 at 01:49
I´m still waiting on your analogy of that forums chart.

Mr Don´t have time right now. It seems you have plenty. :4:
November 13, 2019 at 01:52
=====
"Mr Don´t have time right now. It seems you have plenty. :4:"

Oh, take a closer look at my chart, a 6th house Virgo Stellium = I work a lot, haha.

I just wanted to take the time to explain, because I might forget tomorrow. But now I really need to go. So "Hasta la vista, baby", :4:
November 13, 2019 at 01:53
Uh, huh.
November 13, 2019 at 10:53
System message: Post has been written by user Purvaashadha, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yes you have a point that tropical is fixed and I’ve seen KRS Mr. Kapiel with Santos Bonacci explaining Tropical VS Vedic in KRS video. Very educating in deed!☺️
November 13, 2019 at 15:46
(Leo) leobby99
How can you go from being a sagittarius rising to an aries rising? Sidereal/vedic astrology doesn’t work that way... Sidereal astrology is 23-24 degrees behind tropical astrology so for exemple if you are a scorpio rising 20 degrees in tropical astrology, in sidereal you are a libra rising (a sign 24 degrees behind) and if you are a scorpio rising 26 degrees in tropical, you remain a scorpio rising in sidereal because 26-24=2, the scorpio rising is at 2 degrees in sidereal
November 13, 2019 at 18:17
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » leobby99
That´s why I said I believe it is based on EXACTLY where you are born.

I think the ascendant is based on the sunrise and sunset and we simply have different time zones. The sun rises and sets differently for every location/city/state.

That way, you are not confused and it makes more sense.

I look at western ascendant and use vedic techniques.

But I´m still learning and could be wrong, so take it with a grain of salt.
November 13, 2019 at 19:08
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » leobby99
=====
Well if u are interested to see I’m not lying I’ll give you the details of my birth time date and place. Try To look in google Galactic center Joni Patry birth calculator. I am an Aries ASC.??‍♀️ 7:30AM DECEMBER 23, 1981 BALAYAN BATANGAS CALABARZON PHILIPPINES
November 13, 2019 at 20:51
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Davis212
=====
Which ayanamsa should I use?
November 13, 2019 at 21:03
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » MarvinReal
I was talking to one "traditionalist-siderealist" guy ... and he confirmed, that new and new Ayanamsas are "springing up like mushrooms after the rain"
(haha, I´m not sure, if the people from the rest of the world know such "saying" as we are using here in this mushroom_picker CZ country? :63: :4:)

= there are currently MUCH MUCH more than 30 Ayanamsas

That´s the reason, why I finally added an option to set completely arbitrary Ayanamsa +-360°00´00´´ in Traditional section:
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/t…

and you might also arbitrary set the start of Spring Equinox 0° on your own:
Spring Equinox 0° Aries (Ayanamsa: ±0°)
Spring Equinox 0° Taurus (Ayanamsa: -30°)
Spring Equinox 0° Gemini (Ayanamsa: -60°)
Spring Equinox 0° Cancer (Ayanamsa: -90°)
Spring Equinox 0° Leo (Ayanamsa: -120°)
Spring Equinox 0° Virgo (Ayanamsa: -150°)
Spring Equinox 0° Libra (Ayanamsa: -180°)
Spring Equinox 0° Scorpio (Ayanamsa: -210°)
Spring Equinox 0° Sagittarius (Ayanamsa: -240°)
Spring Equinox 0° Capricorn (Ayanamsa: -270°)
Spring Equinox 0° Aquarius (Ayanamsa: -300°)
Spring Equinox 0° Pisces (Ayanamsa: -330°)

Anyaway back to OP.
I think, that Vedic astrology is using mostly Lahiri Ayanamsa, which is currently cca 24°degrees behind ... and it seems VERY strange to jump from Capricon(tropical)/Sagittarius(sidereal Lahiri) suddenly to Aries ASC.
You would have to use Spring Equinox 0° Cancer (= Ayanamsa: -90°) to jump from Cap/Sag to Aries.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
November 13, 2019 at 21:05
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » Purvaashadha
Hard to say.
Most of Vedic astrology is based on Lahiri;
so I guess, that if you want to follow Vedic astrology, you should go with Lahiri :32:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »