empty houses

November 2, 2019 at 23:31 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) devmc
empty houses
so what do empty houses actually mean? how can i tell what sign rules a house if a 2 houses are split by one sign? for example the 12th and 1st house seemed to be ruled by scorpio equally. what sign atctually rules my 2nd house?capricorn or saggitarius? or how can you tell about the empty houses and what they mean by whats not there

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
November 2, 2019 at 23:39
(Scorpio) MelodicBlu
the sign on the cusp of your 2nd house is sagittarius, so its ruler is jupiter.
Your 1st house is scorpio so the rulers are mars and pluto, however your 12th house cusp falls into libra to its ruler is venus. And empty house doesnt have any specific different meaning. always check the ruler of the house, see in what house and sign its placed + aspects being made to it, can tell you alot about that sepcific house which is empty
November 3, 2019 at 00:05
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
My opinion. Switch to whole sign houses, then this split-sign houses go away and for the better.

For empty house, you look at the ruler of the sign of that house. For example, if Libra is empty, and it´s in the 3rd house. You find where Venus, the ruler of Libra is. Let´s say Venus is in the 10th. Well then this means that Venus brings some 3rd house implications, say brothers, into the 10th house of career. So maybe, to give a banal example, that might mean that you will go into business with your brothers. Is that clear?
November 3, 2019 at 06:46
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
A house occupation has two-thirds the power of a sign occupation; Anyone can find a zodiac chart with conflicting house configurations based on contradictory data.
The Placidus houses are prettier than equal-house.
Whole sign is more like a proper mandala than equal-house.
1st, 10th, 7th, & 4th are the most important house cusps.
The signs on those cusps are important in and of themselves!
Twelfth house :178: :164: influences your dream life and balances your twelfth house away from :177:, unless transits indicate otherwise.
November 3, 2019 at 07:58
(Taurus) nutelina » ancient_astrology
Hi Ancient, is there a thread who decribes the benefits and differences of whole vs unequal houses? What is the logic behind it?
November 3, 2019 at 11:34
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
There are several threads about it, and it´s brought up pretty frequently in here...

Here´s a good article:

https://www.kellysastrology.com/201…
November 3, 2019 at 11:38
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
Apparently, my very first thread here was about this topic:

https://forum.astro-seek.com/topic/…

It has good ol´ Sinem on it :4:
November 3, 2019 at 15:52
(Aquarius) nikkia » MelodicBlu
Like the OP - I find this very confusing, too.

Looking at the sign cusp makes it easier to determine the house ruler. Great!

Do the house ruler/s stay consistent a slit-sign empty house?

How does one interpret a transit to a natal empty split-house when the planet is in another sign?
I´m lost.
November 3, 2019 at 20:15
(Aquarius) Avalon1
Basically,first 15 degrees of each House is stronger than other half in sky charts.
November 3, 2019 at 22:00
(Taurus) nutelina » fishscales
I miss her.
November 3, 2019 at 22:36
(Pisces) N_thecat
I have heard that stereotypically people think that the area around which empty houses are concentrated (for example 5th house - children,creativity,joy; 7th house - marriage) does not work well in our lives.Sorry for that explanation, it´s not easy for me to translate, but I know you understand :4: I am not sure about all that, but what a surprise - that idea is correct in my case.

I have 5 empty houses in my chart:

1st house - problem with self perception ? (Leo ascendant)
2nd house - problems with self - esteem maybe ? (Leo on the cusp)
3rd house - it talks about siblings and childhood, early education. I am an only child and had problems with/at school in the past
7th house - I am not married and I´ve never had interest in that subject, lol.But I have Aquarius :181: on the cusp of 7th house (and 8th too) - that can give specific approach to marriage :61:
12th house - only Gemini on the cusp, I don´t understand 12th house...

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »