Planetary Rulership and Thema Mundi

October 28, 2019 at 14:05 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Planetary Rulership and Thema Mundi
Let´s get clear on the history of rulerships, etc. In ancient astrology a lot of the concepts are drawn from the Thema Mundi, the horoscope of the world, considered to be the horoscope of the beginning of the world. Notice that the two luminaries (Moon and Sun) occupy the positions of the horoscope during the brightest days of the year in the northern hemisphere. Moon in Cancer and Sun in Leo.

Starting from this basis, what do we notice? A few things, the planets radiate out from the two luminaries, going from nearest to farthest. Hence Mercury is the ruler of the two signs adjacent to the luminaries. Then Venus, then Mars, then Jupiter, then Saturn.

THIS IS THE BASIS OF TRADITIONAL RULERSHIP.

Now you may have noticed something else interesting. Venus, one of the benefics, is sextile the two luminaries and Jupiter, the other benefic is trine
the two luminaries. Mars one of the malefics is square the luminaries and Saturn is in opposition. Now you have some idea about the aspect system in Western Astrology.

Now, if you study the Thema Mundi, you will learn A LOT about Western Astrology. So study it and memorize it well.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
October 28, 2019 at 22:35
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user emerauxe, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
A nice helpful chart to get an easy to understand perspective on the aspect relationships between the planets.
October 28, 2019 at 22:43
(Libra) leorising
This image remember me new tool of Astro.com : local space :17:
Login
(Log in)
October 28, 2019 at 22:52
(Pisces) fishscales
What about cases where one planet is forming harmonious and challenging aspects to the same planet, as in Mars sextile Saturn as ruler of Aquarius, and square Saturn as ruler of Capricorn?
October 30, 2019 at 00:45
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
What pops up at Google first for thema mundi is :152: 15 dg. :174: :191: Ascendant 15 dg. :174: without bilocated planets implying a balsamic Moon at the beginning of the world with a starry night sky. Very talented individual that would be with :154: :198: :151:
October 30, 2019 at 03:43
(Aries) CrescentKitKat » IIyyaarr13
I heard the 15 degree part of the Thema Mundi was added during Medieval times or at a much later date. Also Mercury is never more than 28 degrees away from the Sun, so it wouldn´t quite make sense. Although, I´m not sure how to explain the whole Virgo Mercury in the Thema Mundi. I´ve read the explanation of the Thema Mundi before, but I can´t remember now. lol
November 1, 2019 at 16:39
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I didn´t see Thema Mundi for few years, not that I was ever missing it in my life.

I can see there three worlds.

Jupiter beeing a higher octave of Mercury

Venus and Mars compound similarities of Aries, Taurus, Libra, Scorpio, despite those signs are seemingly so different from each other.

Interesting that Saturn as lord of time and life as well as death-bringer is also higher octave of Sun and Moon, both of which luminaries are archetypes of life-giver, life energy source, which is Mars as well. Maybe Mars is not a source of energy, but its manifestation instead.

I love Traditional Astrology chart and Hindu Vedic Eastern chart. Western Siderealists do use faraway planets while combined with sidereal position, combo of eastern and western thinking. But I don´t want readers be confused by origins of exaltation degrees, dignities, original zodiacs and all that boring stuff.

Traditional Astrology chart is great.
Deliberately skipping asteroids, stars, Chiron, Lilith, Pluto, Neptune and Uranus, just makes lives of majority of people less miserable than with those objects included. The only difference, for me, that Pluto is no longer my Ascendant ruler, which is fine, as long as the others can do the job instead.

The other thing is an order of planets in Thema Mundi: :152: :151: :153: :154: :155: :156: :157: and then backwards :157: :156: :155: :154: :153: :152: :151: an elegance

Here is my ? cake slicing.
© MarvinReal
My image can be used for noncommercial fair use only.
Login
(Log in)
May 28, 2020 at 20:43
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » MarvinReal
Sorry about that, that link you gave me made it look like I could post as you....

:4: :4: :4:

It would´ve been funny if it worked.
May 29, 2020 at 16:41
(Aquarius) Amdash
Gives me a memory of the time when John Dee was taken care of Queen Elizabeth‘s chart in that manner. It’s insane by amazing detail put in an express.

Fast forward near the 20th century Ronald Reagan’s wife utilized astrologer to protect him from dying.

Astrology has come quite a long way too.
July 29, 2021 at 19:51
(Taurus) Rosincvist » IIyyaarr13
The Thema Mundi can be a fantastic meditation object if you are willing to err on the side of simplicity and symmetry! :44:
July 29, 2021 at 23:13
(Leo) plumreme
beautiful. elegant.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »