Question about nodes in opposite houses. Any ideas please?

October 11, 2019 at 00:53 (UT/GMT)
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
Question about nodes in opposite houses. Any ideas please?
My North node is Taurus in the 8th house and my south node is Scorpio in the 2nd house.

The 8th ruled by Scorpio and the 2nd ruled by Taurus
They are opposite.

Captain Flint asked a similar question recently and it reminded me of my own nodal placement.

I am curious about anyone’s thoughts on this and my nodal placement in general.

Scorpio and especially Taurus are two signs I don’t really feel, yet there they are representing my nodes.

Since this represents my karmic path I would like to understand this more.

Thanks for thinking about this.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
October 11, 2019 at 01:25
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Davis212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
This is a copy-paste from Kevin Burk´s "The Complete Node Book: Understanding your Life´s Purpose".

You also want to check Jan Spiller´s "Astrology for the Soul". Read the chapter on "North Node in the 8th house or in Scorpio". Also the chapter on "North Node in the 2nd house or in Taurus". I feel that you will identify more work the former, even though your NN is not in Scorpio.

The Nodes stay 18 months in any given sign; so interpreting them by sign becomes a "generational interpretation". But interpreting them by house, becomes an individual interpretation. Then one uses the sign position to "flavor" the house interpretation. But focus on the house analysis.

The book from the quoted text below,is the only one I know of, that put the two together (house + sign). That´s why it is well known among professional practicing astrologers. But I still believe that Jan Spiller´s book is far more complete and accurate. And you can get it from Amazon in Kindle for about $10 USD.

I hope that helps. What follows is the copy-paste:

North Node in Taurus in the 8th House/ South Node in Scorpio in the 2nd House

With your South Node in Scorpio in the 2nd house, your gifts of transformation, change, and emotional strength are important skills and resources to you. The 2nd house represents our personal resources; anything that we can call our own belongs in the 2nd house, and everything thing in the 2nd house helps reinforce our sense of individuality.

Our possessions, resources, skills, and talents, as well as our physical body and senses, help define and support our identity as an individual. Your gifts of transformation and change are most easily applied to your personal resources. Granted, at times, the South Node in the 2nd house may feel like anything but a gift, particularly when it results in a periodic reversal of fortune.

The gift of the Scorpio energy, however, is that you have the courage and the strength to learn from your setbacks backs and to improve. The trap of the South Node in Scorpio in the 2nd house is that you may come to expect these changes in your resources sources and to dwell on the pain associated with each loss.

Your self-esteem esteem will begin to suffer if you believe that these changes occur because cause you are not worthy as an individual; that is, if you were good enough, you would be able to experience stability in your life. The key to balancing this energy is to work with the North Node in Taurus in the 8th house.

The 8th house is where we go to find a sense of emotional and soul security and self-worth. We seek a sense of inner peace through letting go of our physical and material attachments ments and merging with another individual on a deep, healing, and transformational level. The 8th house is also related to shared resources, sources, and, like the 7th house, we often project our 8th-house planets ets on others, experiencing them through relationships.

The lesson of the North Node in Taurus in the 8th house is to allow yourself to trust a partner, to learn how to share your resources with another, and how to accept the support and assistance of a partner in return.

Through relationships, and through allowing yourself to trust in the stability of another, you can discover how to build a more stable foundation, how to put down some roots and enjoy a period of security and stability. You may still find that your personal resources tend to fluctuate, but during these times you will be able to draw on the resources of a partner ner for support, and not have to start over again from scratch.
October 11, 2019 at 02:22
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » Davis212
Thanks Davis. :1:

That is a different take on my nodal placements than others I have read.

I can see how our karmic path needs to be worked out on a personal level. After thinking about it I feel stuck , so the help is appreciated.

I will also look into the books You have recommended.

Thanks again and enjoy Your night.
October 11, 2019 at 02:44
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Leo Moon
System message: Post has been written by user Davis212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
You are most welcome, :1:

Yes, it needs to be worked out on a personal level. That´s the purpose of "Evolutionary Astrology", a relatively new branch of astrology which analize our particular karmic path and "Soul Mission" in this lifetime.

It is also very important to take into account the aspects to the Nodes, as these aspects show what challenges we will encounter in discovering and following our Karmic path/mission. In the first book, Kevin Burk discusses each of those aspects. It is the only books that I know of that does this.

Jan Spiller´s "Astrology for the Soul", treats each Node placement in a very in-depth way (from 20 to 30 pages devoted to each placement). It is based on her research with hundreds of clients. It is very spot-on, according to most individuals I have given counsel to using that book.

Good luck to you! :1: :29:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »