IQ and the birth chart

September 29, 2019 at 21:43 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) Redophile
IQ and the birth chart
are there aspects presented in the birth chart that correlate to higher/lower iq?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
September 29, 2019 at 21:58
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Highest rated chess geniuses have all very high IQ. Most composers of classical music too, creative programmers, solutions makers, entrepreneurs, and of course scientists. A professional creativity. De facto everyone can.

High IQ could have anyone, but often IQ doesn´t not guarantee a success in life. Very often such individuals struggle to fit in life.

I bet all money on stake for strong Mercury, Saturn, Uranus. Perhaps Pluto and Neptune and Jupiter to the less extent.

Let´s study some charts of people I mentioned.
September 29, 2019 at 22:21
(Cancer) Redophile » MarvinReal
Sounds like a deal.
September 30, 2019 at 04:26
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The Famous People Astro database up in the butterscotch bar near the top of the page lists 120 mathematicians; Mathematics is the I. Q. category which is the goose that lays golden eggs. :27:
Marilyn Vos Savant´s Astrotheme chart shows :199: :193: :156: in air with "?" as to whether or not she has :181: :152: :64:
I was gassed twice as a child and raised in Ghettos, I shouldn´t by testing standards be a high information person, but I am a high information subject anyway, presumably information is not addable to overall I.Q. score.
Cockroach feces encrusted Stanford-Binet tests from an old generation are still used for analyses, even though psychologists claim to have much improved I.Q. tests! :28:
September 30, 2019 at 10:34
(Cancer) ZynCitrus
I´ve found somewhere that it´s strong aqua and strong Uranus that makes a genius. And it´s logical, sudden idea, strong vision, wide view on world, openness to new... I think that Mendelejev had it, Einstein and his wife also scientist..
September 30, 2019 at 10:39
(Pisces) fishscales
Mercury in aspect to Uranus can give some "genius" tendencies... Not neccesarily measurable in terms of IQ points though...
September 30, 2019 at 10:44
(Cancer) ZynCitrus » fishscales
yes, that can be right they both represent intellect, mind... I think that Neptun (vision) and Mars (able to take action, do something about those ideas) have to come somewhere in picture too, maybe moon (instinct, intuition)
September 30, 2019 at 10:55
(Pisces) fishscales » ZynCitrus
Mars would definitely help get those intellectual ideas out of the head and put them into action... Neptune and the moon could add some instinct and intuition into the mix...

I´m kind of looking at Mercury/Uranus as the "raw genius" aspect, and the other planets as the "bells and whistles" so to speak...

I´m thinking that Jupiter could expand any "genius" aspects a person has...

I could see someone with a Mercury/Jupiter/Uranus grand air trine being highly intelligent... Whether they would put that intelligence to any use though is another matter...
September 30, 2019 at 12:47
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Mercury in Gemini, with good aspects from Uranus, Pluto, Saturn conjunctions are good too. Mercury in houses that give it strength like 3rd, 11th, 1st, 6th. Mercury in good aspects to Jupiter. Well placed Jupiter.
Uranus in good aspects and placements. These are some that indicate higher IQ.
Lower IQ can be seen from poorly placed Mercury like in Pisces in a detrimental house with oppositions from Neptune, Pluto and sometimes Saturn. These are just some general observations. I used Mercury as in a type of IQ left brain academic kind. There are several types of intelligence.
September 30, 2019 at 13:21
September 30, 2019 at 13:25
(Pisces) fishscales » Olenna
"There are several types of intelligence."

This is the kicker isn´t it?

This is off-topic, but intellectual intelligence is highly overvalued in our society.

A Mercury in Pisces person may have a lower IQ (maybe, not definitely) but I´d think they´d be inclined to "know" more on an intuitive level, than if Mercury were in a more "rational" sign such as Gemini or Virgo.

Granted, classic Mercury-type functioning could be impaired in a Mercury in Pisces person though...

Getting back to the different types of intelligence...

Mercury/moon could give good emotional intelligence

Mercury/Venus good artistic intelligence

Mercury/Mars good mechanical intelligence

Add Uranus and maybe Neptune into the mix and you could replace the word intelligence with genius...
September 30, 2019 at 13:25
(Cancer) Redophile » Redophile
Seems like Pisces Mercury is in good standing.
September 30, 2019 at 13:44
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yeah that`s why i put that disclaimer there about left brain/academic type of intelligence.
Just to be clear a person with Mercury in Pisces won`t be ´´stupid´´, other major things can influence that, everything has to be considered, if it`s badly afflicted in other ways.
Yes Mercury/Moon i forgot to mention, and i have this conjunction :4:
All of those you mentioned are valid. There is so many combinations it`s impossible to remember them all.
September 30, 2019 at 14:16
"There is so many combinations it`s impossible to remember them all."

Yeah there is...

Mercury/Uranus/Pluto for example... The evil genius...:4:

Haha... Not in all cases obviously... But if I knew an evil genius I might look for some aspects between Mercury, Pluto and Uranus

Oh shit...I have aspects between Mercury, Uranus and Pluto.. :21:
September 30, 2019 at 14:22
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Olenna
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
You have Gemini-loving bias. What about Mercury in Virgo?

Maybe it will surprise, but my EQ was in highest class when I took the test as adult, while my IQ was superior, but far from a genius, and I think it may decreased to the downside further since then. What about you, Olenna? Did you ever tried it?
September 30, 2019 at 14:23
=====
I have a friend with Pluto and Uranus involved with his Mercury in the 6th house, all in the same sign loosely conjunct. Very smart but unfortunately with a touch of paranoia. So these can be very good aspects but it can create some mental issues too if other configurations are suggesting it.
It`s the mad genius effect.
September 30, 2019 at 14:27
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » MarvinReal
=====
Yes of course Mercury in Virgo is great, like i said there`s too much to remember.
I never took any kind of IQ tests. In my country nobody cared about such things, at least not in my generation of post communism. I`m from the country side :115: therefore stupid and i should stick to farming and cows and such. I had horrid education system.
September 30, 2019 at 14:38
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Vanille, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I´m very intelligent and have interests and talents here and there. I just struggle with low self-esteem (regarding personality and qualities) which keeps me from using my full potential...
Idk about my chart but professionals tested my IQ: 125, would be higher if I knew how to do maths...

I do act dumber than I am... Because reasons...
September 30, 2019 at 14:40
Lol.. Wow... My Mercury is in the 6th too... Opposed by Uranus and Pluto, although loosely...

I definitely used to be kind of paranoid about health related issues...
September 30, 2019 at 14:58
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Olenna
=====
I like people from the countryside or small towns. Seriously I do. "Average Jane" is better than "Mega City Girl".

Good luck in finding your Average Joe or City Man. You´re smart, as I see you.
September 30, 2019 at 15:08
(Pisces) fishscales » MarvinReal
""Average Jane" is better than "Mega City Girl"."

The conflict between which I prefer illustrates my moon in Aquarius, Venus in Taurus square pretty well I think
September 30, 2019 at 15:54
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » MarvinReal
=====
:61: Yeah in some ways i am a typical country person, like my simple life, but i don`t know about traditional ´´family life´´, i`m super independent, don`t want kids. On the other hand i like to take care of the man in my life (if such a thing is possible) or people i care about.
I don`t consider myself intelligent. I have some gifts but nothing worth mentioning, i have more right brain abstract thinking.
I grew up in a very poor town, now it`s actually nice comparing to the way it was 15 years ago.
September 30, 2019 at 16:00
=====
Yeah he sort of has this tendency too but it`s in weird kind of way like he will obsess about all the things that are wrong with his health, not doing anything about it, then forget about the issue and obsess about something else. Quite the character lol
But it`s worth mentioning he also has Moon in Gemini conjunct Mars, opposing Neptune, so yeah there`s more than one thing to it.
September 30, 2019 at 16:22
(Gemini) Iroquois Pliskin
Mercury in Gemini, Aquarius, Scorpio are probably the three best placements for intelligence. Gemini and Aquarius are extremely quick at grasping concepts and ideas. Gemini spends time learning something new for its own sake constantly. Scorpio usually obsess over something and gain a huge amount of knowledge of that topic as a result of crazy amounts of research. Aquarius is extremely skilled at thinking outside the box and coming up with new ideas.

I think Mercury in water signs are extremely irrational because they place more value through emotions instead of logic so they are inherently biased. Scorpio in particular is too stubborn for its own good because of their fixed nature and will not admit they are wrong no matter how much evidence you have that contradicts what they believe in.
September 30, 2019 at 17:37
(Cancer) Redophile » fishscales
What are your opinions on Jupiter-Mercury contacts?
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »