Am I destined to be a psychologist or a therapist?

September 15, 2019 at 16:06 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) charmingcharli
Am I destined to be a psychologist or a therapist?
Greetings!

I’m interested in being a therapist and debating if I should do that or psychology. What do you think based on my chart?
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 15, 2019 at 17:12
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Definitely therapist would be a better fit. Your 10th house of career is situated in Leo, so the Sun is the ruler of of that house. The sun is located in the 11th house. So this would be the chart of someone whose career involves groups of people and is involved in social issues. Your house of relationships is in Taurus and the ruler of Taurus is in the 10th house of career. So, one possibility is that helping people with their relationships with other people would definitely fit here.

So this is the chart of someone who helps people and works with people (a therapist) as opposed to someone who sits in a research laboratory (a psychologist).

So I can see a couple of possibilities (there are more). A social worker with a background in therapy who goes out and helps people or even a marriage counselor. Of course there are other possibilities, so don´t take me too literally, but that´s broadly the area that this chart suggests in terms of your career. Good luck. Definitely something you´re cut out for.
September 15, 2019 at 18:11
(Aries) ram_goat
Destined is a strong word. It takes a high level of self mastery to practice that occupation without getting sued or drummed out of the profession as a hack or for ethics violations. Think about that, then ask yourself the question again.
September 16, 2019 at 15:15
(Virgo) charmingcharli » ancient_astrology
@Ancient_Astrology,

Thank you for the information. I truly appreciate you! How do you go about learning more of the 10th house ruler in the 11th, etc? Do these things apply to each planet on the chart?
September 16, 2019 at 15:16
(Virgo) charmingcharli » ram_goat
@ram_goat,

You have a good point! I will do so and I appreciate you!
September 16, 2019 at 15:27
(Pisces) fishscales
Scorpio rising with Pluto in the first could make you a person who really digs deep for answers to things, and feels compelled to get to the bottom of things. Moon trine Pluto could give you strong insight into the emotional motivations of others. Both good qualities in a therapist or psychologist.

This is not meant as a career prediction, just pointing out some personal qualities you have that would be assets in those types of occupations.
September 16, 2019 at 15:36
(Virgo) charmingcharli » fishscales
@fishscales,

Thank you for the insight, love! I truly appreciate you and your time!
September 16, 2019 at 16:50
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » charmingcharli
Yes, planet rulership is very important in chart interpretation.

I also like that you have planets in Virgo there. Now Virgo is the guy (well ´gal´ for you), behind the scene, METHODICALLY, SLOWLY understanding and FIXING things. We don´t always hear about them, but without them the show could not go on. For example, you may know some of the actors of Star Wars, but like most people, you probably don´t know any of the technical guys who did the special effects for it, yet it would not be a great series without them. That´s Virgo. They fix things in the background and I think that´s a pretty good qualification for a good therapist.

Now one could apply the above description to a researcher, also, however coupled with the planetary rulerships, I see this more as a chart of a therapist.

Should you fancy that idea, it´s definitely something for which you have the constitutional foundation for. As you know, from past things I´ve said about your chart and that of others, I don´t just fluff people´s feathers here (tell them what they want to hear). However, I can emphatically encourage you in the direction of some kind of psychotherapeutic profession, based on your chart.
September 16, 2019 at 17:05
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
I also like the fact that you have a lot of planets in the bounds of mercury (see below chart), great communication skills, and that you have that ruler of the 7th house of relationships in close conjunction to the MC.

One caveat though. Please be sure to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF and don´t do anything to hurt yourself. In other words, don´t undermine yourself.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 16, 2019 at 19:39
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user berrycat, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hello, hello!

This is a subject which is close to my heart, I definitely have had the same debate with myself in life and also am related to people who are therapists. I think that the answer is not astrological but ethical.

I chose not to pursue a degree in traditional Psychology due to the nature of it in relation to other therapies. Studying Psychology as a science programmes you to diagnose people- give them a label- and issue corresponding drug. I don´t see this sort of path as having a heart since it ignores the pain and trauma of those being ´treated´ and makes no attempt to truly heal them.

Things like counselling, art/music/drama/dance/play therapy or other psycho-dynamic therapies are person-centred. Apart from being totally cool, this also means that these therapies are dictated by the wants and needs of the individual and progress at their own pace. There should be no ´labels´, the aim in psychotherapy is to reach the person´s pain in order to heal it. And empower the person forever more!

Sorry that this wasn´t astrology-based- I will look at your chart too!- but I would say to anyone who´s considering being a healer... do it. If you feel like you can, you can. The world needs it.

:27:
September 16, 2019 at 19:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » berrycat
System message: Post has been written by user berrycat, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Okay- I didn´t open your chart. I just saw that you´re Virgo with a Scorpio Ascendant and Pisces moon... that´s a healer.

x
September 17, 2019 at 00:52
(Virgo) charmingcharli » ancient_astrology
I also like the fact that you have a lot of planets in the bounds of mercury (see below chart), great communication skills, and that you have that ruler of the 7th house of relationships in close conjunction to the MC.

One caveat though. Please be sure to TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF and don´t do anything to hurt yourself. In other words, don´t undermine yourself.

@Ancient_Astrology,

Do you have any suggestions on learning more about planet rulerships? I know about aspects, houses, and how the sign in a planet can be but haven’t realized there was more to learn. I am thankful for the things that Virgo placements can do. So far, I am thinking to focus on being a therapist that focuses on mental health as I love helping people and just hear them out, you know?

Thank you for the 2nd chart and noticing my communication skills. What is this chart called? Ruler of 7th house (Taurus) in close conjunction to mc (Leo {10th house})...you got me intrigued! I will make sure to take care of myself as I do tend to burn myself out at time. I need to get on your level with astrology as I would like to incorporate astrology with my future practice. That way, I can truly understand where my client/patient is coming from and truly find ways to connect to him/her.
September 17, 2019 at 01:01
(Virgo) charmingcharli » berrycat
@berrycat,

Oooooo-weeee! You are speaking nothing but the truth! I agree about not having a label as it can make one feel boxed in. It seems like drugs are truly just a bandage to cover the issue. Thank you for the insight on psychotherapy as it does seem more realistic about assisting patients/clients. I’m thankful that you shared with myself anyone who is seeing this about your prospective as it can truly help someone out in many ways! ❤️

Also, thank you for wanting to look at my chart! It means a lot as I understand that you have a busy schedule. The world needs a healer, a blessing, and a miracle. Lol! Also, the fact that you listed my top 3 says a lot already.
September 17, 2019 at 18:14
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » charmingcharli
=====
Yep, the "bandage" description is completely correct. The way that we are approaching mental health as a society is backwards and wrong on so many levels. I think that we´re due a therapy-revolution and need all the empathetic people on board!

You are very welcome! So many well-meaning people do study Psychology- I had to have the same thing pointed out to me too.

I love your Leo Midheaven with Venus in it. Leo MC people all feel (almost obsessively) that they have something to do or GIVE to the world. That you have Venus so close by suggests that you will share your gifts with love and warmth and sincerity. Your career is likely to be governed less by ego and more by heart.

Mercury in Virgo in the 10th House also backs up your healing abilities. It suggests that your mental responses to situations are quick and accurate. You are intelligent and very able to discriminate between right and wrong, good and bad, necessary and unnecessary etc. Virgo is seen as the helper/healer/doctor of the zodiac and it´s placed on the cusp of your 11th house- groups and friendships. Have you ever had a period of life where everyone that you´re friends with needs looked after? In contrast, people with this placement can be reluctant to make close friends as they have an ability to ´see´ people´s issues early on.

Where we have Jupiter indicates the area of our life that will be lucky or blessed, where we receive things easily. This hints at expansion, opportunities and fulfilment in your career. See it also as acting as an amplifier for Venus and Mercury. Great things ahead!

Mars is where we are driven, it´s the force that propels us forward. That Mars is situated in in the 11th House in Libra- the sign of relationships and the acknowledgement of ´another´ speaks for itself!

Pisces Moon in the 4th House indicates a person who is highly sensitive. Probably you are so compassionate towards others you can come away feeling their issues as if they are your own. Maybe you struggle to create boundaries between your own and other people´s energy? This placement and your Scorpio Ascendant combined suggest that you have strong intuitive abilities. I would say that you perceive more than others usually can especially on an emotional level and where people are concerned.

Pluto in Scorpio the 1st House suggests an intense, strong character. It is likely that you have seen a lot in your own life and thus carry the medicine to help others face their darkness.

(I think you´re a therapist, I don´t know if you got that)

xxxx
September 18, 2019 at 03:53
@berrycat,

Thank you for breaking down my chart! What you’ve stated has been nothing but truth! I definitely am going to pursue becoming a therapist! When it comes to making friends in my daily life, I’m at that point of my life where I’m good with the people who are my friends as they are my family. I have many associates but a small group of friends that I can let my hair down.

Thank you again! Much love!
September 18, 2019 at 14:31
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » charmingcharli
=====
You are welcome! You have lovely energy xx
September 19, 2019 at 11:29
Aw! I appreciate you greatly!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Sagittarius Sagittarius