Why does everyone turn to Astrology for relationship answers ?

September 12, 2019 at 14:18 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) kosmic.kitten
Why does everyone turn to Astrology for relationship answers ?
I got into Astrology to learn more about myself. And I just think its crazy how many people turn to it for answers regarding their relationship...

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
September 12, 2019 at 14:44
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user jerrynna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I agree but maybe it´s because relationships (the one with others and the one with ourselves) are a mystery to most of us. There is always so much to learn from relationships that helps us grow in our own lifes, if we are looking into it directly or not so why not support the relationship-astro movement :)
September 12, 2019 at 15:09
(Gemini) NessaMira
Because every moment you are in a relationship to something, yourself, your environment,your work, etc. When you enter this realm your being begins its journey with relationships. Even before you are born you are experiencing a relationship and most people learn the most about themselves within a relationship. Everything in astrology is related to relationship also. It doesn´t matter where your sun is unless you are looking at the relationship it has with other planets. Is it square or opposite or conjunct your moon as an example. It is the relationship caused by thetype of aspect that sets up the possible energies you will be working with.
September 12, 2019 at 16:35
(Virgo) kosmic.kitten » NessaMira
Great way to put it. You are right! :1:
September 12, 2019 at 16:46
(Gemini) NessaMira » kosmic.kitten
I saw your other post on my chart is lame why isn´t one replying ! I am that older person you referred to there. It is my personal opinion that it take some time to look at a chart and to bring it into some kind of whole that can be related to the person asking a question, also in my experience attacking folks because they are hesitant or perhaps not ready to answer because of their newness to learning this art is just not the way to approach this site. If you would like to look at your chart with me I am willing but understand that I am a astrologer whose main interests lie in cycles of growth and that´s what I would be looking at.
September 12, 2019 at 16:49
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Why? Any number of reasons, good and bad.

(1) They want validation. They want other people to tell them that the relationship is a good thing. They want to hear that it´s a match made in heaven and that the other person is Mr/Mrs Right, can do no wrong and, basically walks on water.

(2) They want someone to blow sunshine up their ass. If the relationship is going bad or ended, and if the person asking about it is still in love or attached to the other person, they want people to tell them that everything is going to work out in the end.

(3) If the person who is asking for astrology reading wants the relationship to end, they want other people to join with them in talking shit about their "ex"

(4) They have come upon some problems in the relationship, don´t seem to understand the other person or are unable to come up with a solution and legitimately turn to astrology with the hope that it might shed light on their problem.

There may be more reasons in addition to these. It goes without saying that I feel the first three reasons are a bit skewed but think that number 4 is a legitimate use of astrology.
September 12, 2019 at 17:00
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
I should say that another legitimate reason is the following. People have had fucked up relationships in the past. They find themselves falling in love with somebody, but it is scary as hell. They don´t want to find themselves in another fucked up relationship. So they turn to astrology hoping to figure out if this is a good thing or bad thing.

Actually astrology can be a very good tool for this. However, in my experience, people will only listen when you tell them what they want to hear about it. If they are already falling in love (or lust) with the person but you tell them it will probably end bad, they will ignore you. Now if they don´t ignore you, good. If they do ignore you, then it was a waste of time reading their chart, because they were just looking for validation (which I cited in Number 1 above).
September 12, 2019 at 17:47
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
Top two questions most men and women have is love and money. Really, it´s because they´re desperate in hard circumstances and want to know if there´s and easy way out, only to find out they have to do a lot of house cleaning emotionally, mentally, spiritually, physically, sexually, and financially.

Then they get mad because they see they have to focus on themselves. But pretty much the Astrology doesn´t really matter if they´re not willing to do the inner work.
September 12, 2019 at 18:47
(Virgo) kosmic.kitten » goldenlion32
Dude, I agree. I feel the same, thats why when people ask me desperate relationship questions about astrology(in real life not this site) and I explain to them that the problem is usually them and where the problem lays, they don´t want to hear it anymore!

"the astrology doesn´t really matter if they´re not willing to do the work"
yes, yes and check yes.

Buuuut, at the same time I really like what the girl at the top said about everything in life being a relationship. So I suppose I see both sides because what she said makes sense, too.

And the other comment about people pretty much figuring out themselves thru their relationships, which Is beneficial if Astrology can do that for them, right? I can´t hate. I´m glad I made this thread because it did what I wanted it to do and give me another way to look at this. :15:
September 12, 2019 at 18:53
(Virgo) kosmic.kitten » ancient_astrology
Haha, yes! I have witnessed that soooo much. You tell someone about their partner, and how things are probably, actually, quite possibly, and seemingly going to go south, quick. And you can literally see them nod their heads while their eyes are saying "I don´t give a f**k what your saying im still in love/lust"

So I end up being like weelllllll, that was a complete waste of my time. *rolls eyesl*
That´s why I think I shrug my shoulders when I see people desperately seeking answers, because him like, even if I told you, would you really listen? But geez, that sounds harsh, I gotta be more open minded, everyone has their own mindset.
September 12, 2019 at 18:56
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
I don‘t Know.
For real relationship answers this is where one goes! :4:
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 12, 2019 at 18:58
(Virgo) kosmic.kitten » Leo Moon
Hey magic 8 ball why do I hate everyone?
Login
(Log in)
September 12, 2019 at 19:06
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » kosmic.kitten
As a kid the Magic 8 ball was my introduction to the idea of divination.
Certainly a clever and entertaining invention.
September 12, 2019 at 19:14
(Virgo) kosmic.kitten » Leo Moon
Touché
September 12, 2019 at 19:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ancient_astrology
System message: Post has been written by user jerrynna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Come on, don´t kill "you are both full of dumb"!
I stoled it already and used it on my flatmates, they think I´m clever!
September 12, 2019 at 19:45
(Aries) ram_goat » ancient_astrology
I liked the way she said it the first time..

I am starting to enjoy her sullen insolence. It gives me a little smile more and more often I am finding. Sometimes it feels like I am looking in a mirror..

she´s also very inventive and consistent.

She told me once that I had excellent taste in whores, and she was right!

Coming back for seconds at that buffet is always good for a smile.
September 12, 2019 at 19:52
(Aries) ram_goat » kosmic.kitten
Astrology also doesn´t attract happy, well adjusted people either..

Mostly hurting, maladjusted "seekers" whose reasoning is muddled and minds are clouded with their own bullshit. Not ready to hear truth or see reality as it is, but rather as they´de like it to be.
Login
(Log in)
September 12, 2019 at 20:02
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » jerrynna
You´ve got a point. I´m starting to like it, too.
September 12, 2019 at 20:14
(Aries) ram_goat » ancient_astrology
Her tongue is like a cat´o 9 tails wielded by a stout bosun´s mate.

arr matey.. load the grapeshot
September 12, 2019 at 20:15
(Pisces) fishscales
Lots of reasons...

Love...or the closest people can get to it...does make the world go round. It´s the reason why we´re all here. Jesus, just look how many songs have that word in the title. It´s a pretty popular topic.

Alot of people who are into astrology are going to run to the synastry as soon as they meet someone new. I´m don´t want to judge anyone, but I believe that´s unwise policy. Get to know someone before you go running to the synastry, or any negative things that you see in the synastry may turn into boogeymen that sabotage the relationship before it even starts.

Then there´s the established relationships with their host of issues.. Lack of communication, infidelity, finances... Innumerable.

People want answers about this stuff, and sometimes clues can be found in the synastry.

What alot of people forget is that they actually have to work to solve their relationship problems. Actually, it´s even harder than that because two people have to work. Astrology is not going to do that work for you, any more than reading a map is going to physically get you to your destination.
September 12, 2019 at 20:46
(Gemini) NessaMira » kosmic.kitten
Bless your heart for calling me a girl. When I do a reading I put it on tape. Several reasons. One is most people cannot if unfamiliar with the language of astrology keep up. Two it is true often they will not hear what you as an astrologer see as an important detail, but here is what happens as they progress in life and are able to sit and listen to the tape , sometimes at a later less stressful date they will be able to hear and incorporate what you have presented. It is not our job as the astrologer to drag them along with us in our revelation . They must come to an understanding on their own and tho they may at the time be seeking those answers , they may not be ready to hear them. That´s okay because when it is time for them to unfold those answers then it will be the time , their time to learn.
September 12, 2019 at 20:56
(Virgo) kosmic.kitten » NessaMira
and for that, NessaMira, we thank you
Login
(Log in)
September 12, 2019 at 22:08
(Gemini) NessaMira » ram_goat
People come to have readings for many reasons to assume that it is only because they are fucked up means they should not come to you. Your mind has already cast their charts and lives in the negative. The biggest issue I have with these forums is the blanket statements. I came to astrology slowly. I had a boyfriend who was a professional astrologer and by listening I began to learn the language. Yes I have turned to it to understand unhappy times but also to plan for happy times and the changes that come what may. Once upon a time I was told that time heals everything, I would add time is everything. It takes each of us in our own time to come to an understanding of anything in life. By putting people down as only the misfits come to astrology you are denigrating some absolutely incredible astrologers.
September 12, 2019 at 22:38
(Aries) ram_goat » NessaMira
I think you need to read my post again, slowly. Judging by your words, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Read it again, there are some things you missed the first time.
September 13, 2019 at 00:26
(Pisces) fishscales » kosmic.kitten
"Hey magic 8 ball why do I hate everyone?"
Login
(Log in)
September 13, 2019 at 02:20
(Gemini) beep
i too was interested in astrology bc i wanted to know more about my feelings and expectations i didnt even know about myself that i found to be accurate aff
but then got bored and found out i can compare and somehow predict future w others??! haha
birthchart is so accurate and defines you perfectly so it couldnt make synastry any less true obviously so why tf not use if its there idk

its clearly a problem if you rely on astrology for relationships, yourself etc so its common sense you go to church i guess
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »