Searching for the original 10 sign zodiac system

September 10, 2019 at 04:55 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) Malik9000
Searching for the original 10 sign zodiac system
Lately I´ve been catching up on my understanding of the Western zodiac system when I decided to compare it to many others like it to find similarity and differences between them all when out of no where I read a comment stated that the signs Virgo Scorpio and Libra were once 1 sign. Intrigued by the idea ,I decided to look into it but it seems I have hit a road block. I would like to know more about this so if anyone has any knowledge on the matter or even a picture of the 10 zodiac wheel system that would be awesome if you would share this information with me. Thanks in advance 😊

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 10, 2019 at 13:44
(Scorpio) Ancient_Astrology
The two greatest scholars of astrological history, at least in the English speaking world, are David Pingree and Francesca Rochberg. There books may be a source for you. Honestly in my studies of astrological hsitory I don´t remember an 8 sign zodiac, but I might be forgetting something. The Mesopotamians had an 18 sign zodiac at one time that was lunar based. There was also a house system of 8 houses early in the Hellenistic tradition.

More popular accounts of astrological history are Michael Baigent´s "Astrology in Ancient Mesopotamia", which despite some sketchy history he´s done concerning Jesus of Nazareth, is actually pretty good. Nicolas Campion´s survey of astrological history is also good. I briefly checked both of those works and could find nothing on a 10 sign zodiac, but maybe I missed it.

Good luck in your research and update us if you find information on a 10 house zodiac.
September 12, 2019 at 15:19
(Gemini) NessaMira
I would recommend Dane Rudhyar . Not so much for the 10 signs , but for his insight into astrology as a whole.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2019
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »