Am I doomed? Bad aspected Venus

September 8, 2019 at 08:08 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) daisyhead
Am I doomed? Bad aspected Venus
Heyy, so I’m only a year into astrology and I’ve only now figured out I’ve got a really bad aspected Venus; it’s in virgo (in the 4th house) squaring Saturn, Pluto, and my north node. All I’ve read so far is that most of my relationships will fail either because of my obsessive and jealous nature, my insecurities, or that a partner will simply fail me. I know astrology isn’t always exactly accurate, but I’m still interested in the fact that Venus seems to be so awfully placed in my chart. If anybody is interested in helping me understand it better, I’d be super thankful!!

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 8, 2019 at 11:20
(Pisces) fishscales
I have Venus square my north node as well.

I think it means that Venusian things (romance being one of them) can knock us off our life path, represented by the north node. The north node represents the direction we are supposed to be taking in our current life, and the south node represents where we have "been", and what we have learned how to do in our past lives. We are supposed to balance the expression of the nodes, and use our south node lessons while we engage on the course laid out for us by our north node.

The point of telling you all this is to point out that Venus, since it is squaring both nodes, is going to apply alot of internal tension to the process of pursuing your life path and balancing the expression of your nodes. Romance and pleasure, represented by Venus, could essentially be stumbling blocks on the road to pursuing your life path.

Next we have to look at the houses Venus rules in the chart: in your case, the 1st and 5th. Things represented by the 1st and 5th houses could potentially knock you off course in your pursuit of your life´s path. In your case, those roadblocks may be self expression, the image you project, or even your physical body (1st house) and romance, sex, play, or children (5th house.)

The funny thing is, your north node is also in your first house, indicating that self expression is something that you need to learn how to do in this life. However, since your first house north node opposes your 7th house south node, I would say that your north node is pushing you in the direction of expressing yourself specifically in the area of one on one relationships (probably romantic ones), and that expressing yourself "in general" may not a problem.

Pluto conjunct the south node in Sagittarius the 7th indicates that you have probably "been there, done that" in terms of intense, or even compulsive relationships, and that in this life you need to balance your knowledge of those things with your new path, represented by the north node in Gemini in the first: it´s time to express yourself and communicate clearly, precisely, and often in relationships, so you can balance that instinct-oriented south node/Pluto intensity.

Sorry I didn´t mention your Venus square Saturn and Pluto aspects; your Venus/nodal configuration is what caught my attention regarding this question.

Also, it is always good policy to post your chart in a thread in which you have questions about it. :1:
September 8, 2019 at 11:28
(Sagittarius) GoldenLion5 » fishscales
Let me knock you back on your path fishscales. :61: Must depend on whether you have Saturn in Taurus or not. Ha ha.
September 8, 2019 at 11:51
(Pisces) fishscales » GoldenLion5
I have Saturn in Gemini. I take communication seriously, but fear it at the same time :61:
September 8, 2019 at 12:02
Well you are hanging out in my 11th house of Gemini. Gemini friends sound like the Jedi friends. Ha ha.
September 8, 2019 at 12:17
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 8, 2019 at 12:25
(Pisces) fishscales » fishscales
Hmm.. John Lennon looks like he´s keeping his lightsaber in his pants

Run For Your Life...
September 8, 2019 at 12:30
Jedi
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 8, 2019 at 12:34
(Sagittarius) GoldenLion5
You´re not doomed by all means. You have North Node Gemini and Saturn in Gemini you just need to join the force and become a Jedi.

Although, pretty much through self-mastery you learn to transcend your natal chart. But that usually means education, application, and working through your emotions, thoughts, and feelings.
September 8, 2019 at 12:41
"you just need to join the force and become a Jedi."

Plus it´s hilarious to tell Jehova´s Witnesses that you subscribe to the Jedi religion when they knock up on your door

No arguments that time

It helps when they see the kids all playing with their lightsabers in the living room too
September 8, 2019 at 12:47
(Leo) daisyhead » fishscales
Thank you so much for your response! It means a lot :). I always assumed that my north node and Saturn in the first house meant that what I needed to work on most in this life was self esteem and confidence (which I actually have problems with). It is very interesting to see how it all ties together though, because I had never taken the south node into consideration. I will keep researching this now.

Also, sorry for not posting my chart and thank you for letting me know!
September 8, 2019 at 12:50
(Leo) daisyhead » GoldenLion5
Thank you so much, I now feel a bit more hopeful and positive. I’ll have to work on myself as much as I can to hopefully become the Jedi I am meant to be!
September 8, 2019 at 13:06
(Pisces) fishscales » daisyhead
"I always assumed that my north node and Saturn in the first house meant that what I needed to work on most in this life was self esteem and confidence (which I actually have problems with)."

Confidence and self-expression are linked, because you need confidence to express yourself. Especially to express yourself accurately, in terms of who you really are.

Yes, your Saturn in the first will inhibit confidence and self expression.

The good news is, Saturn improves with age, as long as we cooperate with him and learn the lessons he is trying to teach us.

Saturn in Gemini means reality-based communication and sober-mindedness. Seriousness in communication. It could indicate a certain shyness or hesitancy to communicate. Maybe even a fear of communication.

Keep these things in mind as you deal with your Saturn in the first house. If you´re afraid of saying something, make absolutely sure, above all else, that you find a way to say it.

Saturn stops being a boogeyman and rewards us when we face our fears.
September 8, 2019 at 14:42
(Scorpio) Ancient_Astrology
Yes, you have a poorly aspect Venus. Saturn is the most negative malefic in your chart, this being a day chart and it is square Venus which is in your 5th house (from a whole sign house perspective) so a lot to do with relationships and what´s more she is the ruler of your first house. So this is the major issue for you in your life.
What´s perhaps just as troubling is that you have Mars, the ruler of your 7th house of relationships conjunct the Sun in the 4th house (again whole signs I´m using). It´s under the rays of the Sun. The sun is in its own domicile so that helps some. This means difficulties with father figures, parents and men in general, especially in home settings.

So I´m sorry to give you that bad news. I know this is important to you and, in fact, we could say, due to Venus being Lord of the Ascendant, it´s a central issue in your life.

This is a 5th profection year for you from now til your next birthday. So typically this would mean that romantic relationships and/or children play a big role in your life this year.

No, you´re not doomed. There are a lot of other good things in your chart. However, you have to be very careful in selecting your partners. Often these Saturn issues resolve themselves with age. You´re still extremely young, so there is time for things to improve. Please though avoid abusive partners and family members. You don´t want to get into any types of relationships with abusive people in the home. In those situations, you need to LEAVE.

Knowing that you can´t just throw yourself blindly into a relationship and expect it to be good should help you to be careful.
September 8, 2019 at 14:55
(Scorpio) Ancient_Astrology
So my point is that you may have some rough relationships at first, but as with a lot of Saturn issues, once you get to know yourself better and know how to navigate the waters, things should get better. Just be aware, because it is true that you are not the type of person who is just going to naturally fall into a great relationship. It´s a problem because when we "fall" in love we naturally think that the other person was sent by God. Of course it´s often an illusion (for everybody) but you need to be especially careful of such matters.

Once you learn more, you should be ok.
September 8, 2019 at 19:52
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » fishscales
Jupiter in two houses and Pluto in 7th house are both making sure that you are not really weak in Venus energy.
A major aspect means that the challenge has always been there, not like my Venus which secretly waits for me to take a more evolved direction to become a minor aspect trouble-maker! :41: :23: :8:
September 8, 2019 at 22:35
(Leo) daisyhead » Ancient_Astrology
Wow, you really hit the nail on the head. I won’t overshare, but I always wondered how much my parents’ failed relationship would affect me, and what you said really makes a lot of sense. I’m also very interested in what you said about whole sign houses, I’ll have to look into that.

And you’re right, romantic relationships are very important to me, even though I’ve never really known how to approach them because of my trust issues (kind of like what you mentioned).

Anyways, I really appreciate you taking the time to help me and advice me, thank you so much!
September 9, 2019 at 04:18
(Capricorn) ShriSaiganeshE-jyotish
hope this helps, share feedbacks how true-insightful,
why feel doomed, any personal life experiences in relevance to put in context?

sat-rahu NNode gemini first, aptitude for information technology, international financial analysis, foreign instrumental music, etc

while prone to rise-fall in life, toxic health issues chest-lungs-head-stone injury etc;
sat lord 9th for luck-education-travels, inclined to foreign travels-distant lands; settling at age 36+

prayers for ancestors, observe fast No-moon evenings, observe death anniversaries religiously, wear brown hessonite over pendant touching heart;

ketu separative SNode sag 7th, philosophical, abdominal-thigh pains-injury-surgery,
not as keen on marriage-relationship;
mars aspect own scorpio 6/7 supportive of employment-vocation,
but not good for health of spouse, while not good for opponents too;

Sat-ketu now transit cap 8th, chronic pain-injury-surgery
knees-urological-piles etc;

prayers for Christ, offer red flowers at the alter at home thurs mornings;

venus-mars lords 1/7 over leo-virgo 2/12 friendly signs lords sun-mer,
relationship by mere attractions seeking mutuality in the relationship;

venus lord 5th luck-edu-romance-children-position debilated virgo 4th,
jup lord of elevation for venus elevated cancer 2nd for family-finances-advisory roles;
debilation of venus cancelled, gradual improvement in domestic comforts;

venus virgo self-centred in approach, self-conscious;

venus elevated aspect pisces 10th supportive of career;

moon pisces 9th, aptitude for teaching-psychology-spirituality
trine aspect from jup cancer; jup trine scorpio 6/7 supportive of
health-employment-marriage-relationship-vocation;

sun-mer-mars leo 3rd, hyper-energetic, temperamental, admin aptitudes;
aptitude for medicine-surgery; strained sibling relationships, accident prone;
scorpio 6th preference for research-occult-forensic work,
forensic medicine-admin-surgery-postmortems etc;

jup now Aug 11th direct own sag 7th for marriage-relationship,
growth through advisory roles;
jup trine aries 11th supportive of income-gains-friendships;
trine sun-mer-mars leo 3rd for initiative-progress,
mars lord 7/11 for income-gains-friendships-relationship;

rahu now transit jup cancer 2nd,
foreign languages, earnings through foreign sources,
while care from toxic liver-throat-thyroid-dental issues;

prayers to saint of faith, offer yellow flowers at alter at home Mon evenings;
may wear yellow sapphire over pendant touching heart;

hope this helps, venus debilated, debilation cancelled, gradual improvements;
while care for sat-rahu gemini first, rise-fall in life;

promptly ack, share salient pointwise feedbacks,
traits-talents-health-life trends-remedies-ideas to pick,

wishing well, hope transit jup own sag 7th helps,

kshantaram
September 10, 2019 at 19:13
(Leo) daisyhead » ShriSaiganeshE-jyotish
Thank you so much for your response, kshantaram! I was asking because my parents are going through a divorce, and I was worried that my future relationships would be affected by this experience.

What you said about foreign languages and foreign travels is right, also what you said about my 3rd house placements.

I appreciate your suggestions and your insights, everything you said is really interesting, especially the topics surrounding health.

Again, thank you!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2019
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »