One Time Event or Recurring Theme

September 2, 2019 at 13:56 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
One Time Event or Recurring Theme
One mistake I see a lot of you making and one that most so-called "Modern" astrologers make is to insist that a configuration occurring in the chart will be a persistent theme. That´s not always the case. Sometimes, the event indicated by the symbol happens just once in a lifetime. Of course, like all things it may have an enduring influence, but another event like this doesn´t necessarily recur.

So, let´s say you had Libra coinciding with your 7th house (marriage, relationship) and the ruler of Libra (Venus) is in the 8th house (Death). One thing that *MAY* happen to you is that you have a very tragic loss of a spouse or significant other. Now this is probably a one-time event. Of course, especially if this happens regarding one of the double-bodied signs (Gemini, etc) or their rulers, it is in those instances more likely to happen more than once.

My point is that sometimes things just happen once and other times they are a persistent, recurring theme. Please keep this in mind. This (incorrect) belief that an astrological phenomena must always be recurring is further aggravated by some versions of modern astrology that insist that the birth chart is only an extension of the individual´s psyche.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Sort posts:
September 2, 2019 at 14:28
(Pisces) fishscales
That sounds reasonable to me.

While we´re on the subject, I have my ruler of the 7th in the 8th... I have always worried about the death of spouse.

On the other hand, I also have the ruler of my 8th in the 7th...so maybe she´ll kill me. :4:

If that were to happen, it would certainly contribute validity to the theory that certain configurations represent one-time-only occurrences... :61:

Damn, seems like a good time to make someone breakfast in bed all of a sudden...
September 2, 2019 at 14:48
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » fishscales
I better jump in here. I probably should NOT have used an example involving death. I know that fishscale knows this but I better emphasize this: there are other interpretations of the above configuration and a lot of it has to do with the condition of the planets in question.

Now one thing that the above configuration DOES NOT indicate (one way or the other) is that you will have sex with your spouse (I find this assignment of sex to the 8th house to be false and actually kind of silly unless you are into necrophilia). And it especially does not mean that you will have sex with your partner once. However, if you do have sex with your partner only once, find another partner!!!!!
September 2, 2019 at 14:57
(Pisces) fishscales » ancient_astrology
"I know that fishscale knows this but I better emphasize this: there are other interpretations of the above configuration and a lot of it has to do with the condition of the planets in question."

Yes, I do know this, but nonetheless, wise of you to point out.

Don´t need people freaking out.

"And it especially does not mean that you will have sex with your partner once. However, if you do have sex with your partner only once, find another partner!!!!!"

Indeed, you are a fountain of wise advice today... :4:
September 2, 2019 at 15:00
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user Helen.Pahlavi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
He is advising you to be unfaithful to your wife. Such an asshole bastard.
September 2, 2019 at 15:06
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Helen.Pahlavi
Helen, you are right and you are wrong. I am not advising him to be unfaithful to his wife. So you are wrong about that. However, you got one thing right: I am an asshole bastard!
September 2, 2019 at 15:09
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ancient_astrology
System message: Post has been written by user Helen.Pahlavi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I am sure you are, as all of your kind. :9: :8: :42:
September 2, 2019 at 15:19
(Pisces) fishscales » Helen.Pahlavi
Hmm.. I don´t see how you are inferring that from what he wrote, Helen
September 2, 2019 at 15:28
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
So much yes to this. Astrologers make everything so dramatic sometimes, glad for grounded, level-headed people to explain reality. Certain themes do play out in peoples lives repeatedly so one can pay attention and work on that. On an unrelated note welcome back!
September 2, 2019 at 16:07
Helen.Pahlavi, I just met you and already we agree on something. I have a feeling we are going to be great friends!
September 2, 2019 at 16:08
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Olenna
Olenna, thank you for your kind welcome.
September 2, 2019 at 16:36
<<mm.. I don´t see how you are inferring that from what he wrote, Helen>>

I do. I´m an asshole bastard. Now one thing that asshole bastards normally do is convince other men to cheat on their spouses.
September 2, 2019 at 16:52
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
Well I believe in some people´s charts it may be as you suggest. Since we have unique charts you really can´t say it is repetitive.

In my case what´s the difference between being adopted at a young age and moving to the other side of the world as a grown up and being adopted by another family in a sense.

May just manifest in a different way. Although, perhaps you moved two different times in similar transits.

I know for example: In my Saturn in Taurus some events occurred with work, marriage, and helping certain people who are related.

I knew last year I mentioned this to someone about the event. Which did come to fruition about a month after I stated with a similar event with the person since Uranus in Taurus is in my 10th house.

I´ve recognized on similar timelines throughout my life time the same players have stepped in on certain Nodes and other transits.

So I can see why some of us recognize and see the last ten years similar events have happened as in our childhood, but may manifest in a different way but with similar lessons with same people.

I believe you´d probably have to keep a journal of time, date, location, and record of events to correlate.

Which most people don´t have all the information I have to see how it does unfold.

Ha ha..even in Uranus in Libra certain events happen and even those people have passed away, yet the karma from this event still manifested with another party and found themselves in the same shoes to know what it felt like from the other people´s perspective.

So even though it may have been a bit different, it still was kind similar.

It´s not so much the story line it´s self, same exact event, but similar situation. I´m not sure if you understand what I´m saying.
September 2, 2019 at 17:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ancient_astrology
=====
Hahaha. You are so sneaky diplomatic. :5:
September 2, 2019 at 17:28
"Now one thing that asshole bastards normally do is convince other men to cheat on their spouses."

Well, that´s not gonna happen.. Unless I get the urge for my ruler of the 8th in the 7th "spouse is gonna kill you" configuration to come to pass...
September 2, 2019 at 17:35
I know you wouldn´t do it, but that doesn´t mean that asshole bastards, like me, aren´t going to try to make you cheat on your spouse. I mean, you might as well, ask birds not to sing in the morning, because asshole bastards like me will always attempt you to cheat on your spouse or do other mean things to women.
September 2, 2019 at 17:37
<<Hahaha. You are so sneaky diplomatic. >>

Be careful Helen.Pahlavi. I might trick you into liking me. Asshole bastards, like me, cannot be trusted and you must be very, very careful.
September 2, 2019 at 17:56
"asshole bastards like me will always attempt you to cheat on your spouse or do other mean things to women."

Well I said I didn´t cheat, but I didn´t say anything about not doing mean stuff to her :21:

Nah, just kidding... The only mean thing I do to her is getting her in situations where she has to listen to music she hates

She kind of gets the same facial expression as a cat that just got wet...

Something inherently funny about getting Capricorn sun/Scorpio moon people into situations they don´t want to be in...

Ah, just thinking about it makes me smile.. :4:
September 2, 2019 at 18:06
<<Well I said I didn´t cheat, but I didn´t say anything about not doing mean stuff to her>>

Well Fishscales, this qualifies you only as a "bastard". You are going to have to up your game, if you want to become an "asshole bastard" like me. Sorry to one-up you man, but I know that one day, you, too, may become an "asshole bastard" like me. Though I must tell you, soon I will become a "fucking asshole bastard" so you will have to work very hard to catch up with me.
September 2, 2019 at 18:20
I hereby dub thee.. Grandmaster Fucking Asshole Bastard
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 2, 2019 at 18:25
Thank ye sire. I hope that Helen.Pahlavi is in attendance to this ceremony.
September 2, 2019 at 18:36
Don´t know if you want her getting ahold of the sword though... :3:
Login
(Log in)
September 2, 2019 at 18:41
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
=====
I would chop off something else first. A head would follow after, while bleeding and still alive. :35:
September 2, 2019 at 18:44
^^^You definitely DO NOT want her getting ahold of the sword!!!
September 2, 2019 at 18:48
(Pisces) fishscales » fishscales
There are some instances in which it´s NOT just a flesh wound..!!
Login
(Log in)
September 2, 2019 at 19:00
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » Helen.Pahlavi
True. Humans are asshole bastards.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra