Your life with astrology

September 1, 2019 at 17:55 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) MuCancri
Your life with astrology
I was dwelling on how far I’ve come within myself and how much I’ve grown since I’ve been studying astrology and I was curious on how astrology has impacted you and all of your lives! I’m very eager to read your experiences.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 1, 2019 at 19:11
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I believe it´s liberated me from the past in many different ways looking at charts of others I´ve had to deal with in life since I was a child whether friends, family, romantic partners, or even mentors, and teachers.

I would say even thought I didn´t enjoy it all the time what I´ve gone through, I can say the right people probably did walk in at the right times for guidance, support, direction, while others were giving me issues at the same time.

I think I did a lot of work before I ever got to Astrology, which it´s nice it came when it did. Because I self-mastered a lot of hard lessons without seeing the chart. Which maybe if I had, it wouldn´t have worked or been as motivated as I was at the time to conquer what I needed too.

I think you always look back and see the milestones in life and how you grow, mature, and evolve over time.

I wouldn´t say it´s for everyone. I believe it can probably be a lot of to handle for some young people diving into it with no other foundation or background in psychology, religion, spiritual teachings first. I hear them a lot of the time saying it´s overwhelming. And I usually tell them to step back and take a break, because it can be a lot to soak in if you´re quite young.
September 1, 2019 at 20:37
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
My past-life never ever let go of being a real Astronomer so my perspective on Astrology often morphs towards Astronomy. :98: :97: :98:
My past life couldn´t do the maths and I was gassed twice as a child to stunt me so I see the need for a ´divine healing´ if I am not to stay stuck between Astrologist and Astrologer. :25:
Astrology is where least suspected; 12 tribes, 12 apostles, 12 kings of Sumeria.
Part of my life had an inordinate amount of Libras. Another part of my life had lots of Tauruses. :66:
Like Science Fiction it is a drug that can be abused as easily as used. :78:
It is a light that shines everywhere, into everything, always! :27:
September 2, 2019 at 01:12
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Actually, you need to be careful with astrology, especially as practiced by many astrologers. There is a tendency to only look on the bright side of things and this grand effort to be "positive" at all costs. As a result, many astrologers feed people´s illusions (about themselves and their situation). I believe to have done away with this kind of psychological, New Age astrology. It did its harm in as much as I took certain elements of it seriously.

I now find my use of astrology more realistic and sober. It feels like bathing in clarity rather than dripping in bullshit.
September 2, 2019 at 10:04
(Pisces) fishscales
Analyzing my chart showed me that I was not crazy.

Or perhaps more accurately, it showed me *why* I was crazy.
September 2, 2019 at 18:13
(Leo) pixel » fishscales
I like what you said :15:

Same global point of view for me :D

:17:
September 12, 2019 at 20:59
(Gemini) NessaMira » ancient_astrology
I don´t think that your approach would gel well with mine. It is the job of the astrologer to present the possibilities. The energy can always be worked with in either a dark way or a way of light. Our job is not to tell people that their Saturn is in a fucked up position, but to help them understand how it is possible to work with that energy. What are their options. Nothing in a chart is set in stone and as humans we cannot see all the possibilities.
September 13, 2019 at 03:58
(Pisces) fishscales » NessaMira
From what little I´ve read of your posts, I think you take a more "internal" psychological approach, whereas someone like Ancient takes a more "external" event and circumstance-oriented approach.

I tend much more towards the psychological approach, both because I´m better suited for it, and because I think when you get down to it, how you deal with what happens to you is more important than what actually happens to you.

If you understand the conflicts in your chart, you can hopefully take a step back and consciously try to control a tendency that would normally occur naturally. You have the power of observing it from a distance and deciding what you´re going to do, instead of just being swept away by it. That´s power you have to choose to take though. And even if you choose to take it, that´s no guarantee of victory. It´s a "knowing is half the battle" thing. Knowing IS half the battle, but you´ve still got to fight the war...

I think a more externally oriented type of astrology is better for prediction and determining the outcome of external events.

If you see transiting Saturn about to square your ascendant, your probably gonna be in for some tough times. Rainbows will probably not be shining out your ass at this time. But who knows.. If you get a grip on yourself and commit to doing your best getting through the transit, Dorothy might just break into song at the end of it all.

I don´t deal with the "divination" end of astrology too much, because I don´t want to make myself a basket case worrying about such and such upcoming transits, etc. But that´s just me.

Overall, I think both approaches have their value, and their arena.
September 13, 2019 at 04:10
(Aries) ram_goat » fishscales
From what little I´ve read of your posts, I think you take a more "internal" psychological approach, whereas someone like Ancient takes a more "external" event and circumstance-oriented approach.

No, she dismisses other people´s take on things as broad generalities, and wrong, and waves her arm, replacing someone else´s broad generalities with her own, different, broad generalities.

I call bullshit on that, for the second time now..
September 13, 2019 at 04:44
(Virgo) kosmic.kitten » ram_goat
Geez guys so harsh. Fishscales has a point. Her´s is a more psychological viewpoint whereas Ancient´s is more logical. Both can be extremely useful, all depending on the person getting the reading. I like both sides to be honest. They both appeal to me and I respect both viewpoints. Both have helped me tremendously in personal growth.

For me, Astrology answered a lot of questions I had floating around in my head. Such as; "Why the f**k am I like this?", "Why the f**k are they like this", "Why do I feel homicidal?" and most importantly "Where the f**k did I come from?" Haha.

Astrology made me feel very hand-crafted. Even though I still don´t feel like I fit in the world, I know I fit in somewhere. And thats more than I could say 2 years ago.

Astrology also helped me understand other people more, in turn becoming more patient and tender. Which is good because every soul needs softening you know? I still have a lot of questions, but every day I learn more and more. And my favorite thing ever is telling someone something about themselves based on their natal chart and having them looked at me all wide eyed like whoaaaa how did you know? Im like the stars bro, the f**king stars.

Ahhhh, its priceless really.
September 13, 2019 at 16:22
(Gemini) NessaMira » ram_goat
Wow mr ram , I don´t have an issue with different opinions when they will not affect someone asking your advice. Then I don´t play. You have your space and I have mine. I seem to remember that different ways of thinking are okay. I have questioned your negativity. Perhaps that is what you call bullshit, I call it asking for clarification on your attitudes toward helping people, which I tend to think is what most are looking for here. You didn´t like my questioning you on your statement that most are fucked up when they come to study or request information about their charts. I would say that we view things differently and I will certainly take into account your fragile ego in this situation and refrain from commenting on anything you say. I would hate to bury you in bullshit. Or goat shit.
September 13, 2019 at 17:18
(Gemini) NessaMira » fishscales
I agree, but here we are not dealing with full chart readings. I apologize if my cautious approach to telling people how bad their chart is upsets me . I happen to think wether it is correct or not that if we respond to someone who genuinely is asking for clarification to something we need to be sure we are not doing more damage . My answers have been short and general because I am not doing a full reading and would hope that with encouragement that there are ways to handle some of these aspects, they may actually approach an astrologer in their area for a full reading. I have no desire to actually damage not only them but the study and practice of astrology. Perhaps I had hoped for a more serious approach. I will now take everything I see with a grain of salt. I understand and appreciate the general banter that I see here , but again I didn´t expect such a cavalier approach and so responded the way I did.
September 13, 2019 at 17:42
(Gemini) NessaMira » fishscales
Yes both approaches have their value. I have no issue with talking about the " dark" aspects. Reality is important, so is hope. In the short little readings we all do here, looking at a chart and saying that this or that aspect is negative and not providing with that a way to work with that energy is just leaving them hanging in the limbo they are already in. In this society we brand everything. My learning has taught me to try to look at the whole so I definitely have a hard time with the short and incomplete replies I see here. Perhaps this is not the place for me here as mr.ram has already pointed out I do not belong.
September 13, 2019 at 17:53
(Libra) leorising
i made my birth chart with a famous astrologer from Brazil, Debora Mechica and she tells me about my conjuction with lilith , chiron and moon in gemini at 11th house, and said about my mom, like a stepmother... it was in december 19th 2017...
i begin to search for issues narcisistic mother on google, and i found a workshop about this issue, using PNL i could resolved this problem ( return of my venus in scorpio in 2018 or could be transit of jupiter in scorpio on my 4th house in 2018)
without astrology, i wouldnt fix this problem, nowadays my life is much better!
September 14, 2019 at 03:06
(Aquarius) nikkia » ancient_astrology
What you wrote echoes my experience. (You, too Leorising - brilliant account!)

What little I know about astrology- it showed me that some of my "best" qualities have actually caused me the most pain - and wasted years of my precious life. Optimism being one culprit.
BAM!
Maybe theses aren´t "qualities" at all.
Shit.

With a cold eye, I saw how certain lessons kept repeating -- in very different forms.

I had to revisit some really unpleasant experiences, relationships and failed life goals to analyze this from the DNA on up. I pulled myself apart. I took this HARD. This was the first and only time in my life I was ever Depressed. It took months to sort out.

BUT, I´m glad for it now. What a gift. Wish I ´saw´ this years ago.
No amount of therapy would´ve shed light on this like Astrology has.

I never need anyone to tell me how wonderful my [FILL-IN-THE-BLANK] is again.

I´ll take REAL and SOBER any day. Every day. All day long.

And, please...I am not judging anyone else´s methods, approach, or opinions.

We each have a place here. By sharing, we can all benefit from different points of view.

**If 10 minds are alike - 9 of them are unnecessary**

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »