In the need of some light-shedding

August 29, 2019 at 14:31 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) CuriousMoon
In the need of some light-shedding
Hi there!

Just freshly joined these forums and after reading some of the other threads, I feel encouraged to post some questions here myself as well. Even though astrology keeps hooking me up for the past ~10 years, I´m still a rookie and therefore looking for some thought-exchange and insights from you.

So... I´m especially curious about things surrounding career and hobbies. After looking at my chart, is there anything you think I could truly blossom in? I don´t seem to have any talents at all.

Also, looking at my chart, it seems a bit discouraging to me. Most positive things I can spot seem to get overshadowed and overpowered by negative and challenging aspects...
I seem to be paralyzed and slow in almost every aspect of life.

Generally I´d be very happy about any thoughts about my chart that you can give! Every opinion, every constructive comment is most welcome.

Love & peace,
CuriousMoon :152:
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
August 30, 2019 at 09:31
(Capricorn) ShriSaiganeshE-jyotish
share-discuss how insightful, traits-talents-health-ideas-remedies etc etc,

mer-venus lords 9/10 conjunct,
literary-oratory-astro-artistic abilities,
business analytics, instrumental music, sense of humor;
mer own gemini 9th, rational spirituality, settling at 32++

sun lord 11th over 10th, gains through career,
but negates friendships;
sun 10th corporate-govt careers;

sat-ketu separative SNode now 1.5yr transit 4th cap,
detachment from mother-motherland-property;
sun-sat opp, health-career-home under much stress;
pain-injury-surgery heart-lungs-knees-stomach etc;

rahu NNode now transit sun-cancer 10th
clouding career-reputation, and toxic health issues;

natal rahu scorpio 2nd debilated, research-occult-astro aptitudes,
foreign sources of earnings; not to overindulge into dark occult;
secretive, suspicious, sentimental, sarcastic, passionate;
abusive language, drinking, foreign languages;
wear brown hessonite over pendant touching heart;

ketu SNode taurus 8th,
love of food-comforts, visions, astro-aptitude, dentistry,
chronic throat-dental-thyroid-piles pain-injury-surgery; accident prone;
prayers to Mother Goddess, offer red flowers fri evenings at alter at home;

natal sat 7th pisces opp moon-mars virgo 12th,
stress in health and relationship,
volatile emotions and finances;
moon-mars cap, ambitious, methodical,
international audits/quality control etc;
observe fast sat evenings;

pisces 7th inimical-malefic for virgo asc,
stress-delays in marriage-vocation;
sat lord 5th over inimical pisces,
stress-delays in luck-edu-romance-children-position etc

jup now transit natal jup sag 3rd for advisory-counseling-singing roles,
jup sag aptitude for law-justice, medicine; retro jup delayed results;
wear yellow saphhire over pendant touching heart;
prayers to saint of faith, offer yellow flowers thurs mornings;

hope the suggestions help introspect and self-discover hopefully,
do share how true-untrue the aptitudes-ideas to pick, health etc

wishing well, kshantaram
August 30, 2019 at 15:31
(Cancer) CuriousMoon » ShriSaiganeshE-jyotish
Wow, thank you so so much for all the stuff you shared! That´s way more than I expected!

"mer-venus lords 9/10 conjunct,
literary-oratory-astro-artistic abilities,
business analytics, instrumental music, sense of humor;
mer own gemini 9th, rational spirituality, settling at 32++"

Unfortunately, I haven´t been able to spot any talent in any of these fields yet. Except for literary abilities perhaps. But I didn´t have the chance yet to try myself there. When it comes to oratory - I´m way too shy to speak in front of other people and I get nervous quite fast while talking. I´m studying business administration right now, and business analytics is actually one of the many things I´m interested in. I don´t play any instrument though.

"sun lord 11th over 10th, gains through career,
but negates friendships;
sun 10th corporate-govt careers;"

Can´t say much about career related things yet, since my career only started recently.

"sat-ketu separative SNode now 1.5yr transit 4th cap,
detachment from mother-motherland-property;
sun-sat opp, health-career-home under much stress;
pain-injury-surgery heart-lungs-knees-stomach etc;"

Wow! Detachment from mother: definitely. Detachment from motherland: so true. I recently feel like leaving my motherland and start a new life abroad.
It honestly feels like I´m always under much stress. And lately my knees hurt me quite often and every now and then I have a weird feeling when breathing. So I guess this is true as well! Wow.

"rahu NNode now transit sun-cancer 10th
clouding career-reputation, and toxic health issues;"

Can´t say much about this one either. For the toxic health issues: I hope not.

"natal rahu scorpio 2nd debilated, research-occult-astro aptitudes,
foreign sources of earnings; not to overindulge into dark occult;
secretive, suspicious, sentimental, sarcastic, passionate;
abusive language, drinking, foreign languages;
wear brown hessonite over pendant touching heart;"

I´m definitely very much interested in research, occult and astro. I also love foreign languages. Both learning and using them. For abusive language... if I understand it correctly, then I would say this one is not true. I´m most often trying to be careful with my wording and I dislike hurting people, especially with words.

"ketu SNode taurus 8th,
love of food-comforts, visions, astro-aptitude, dentistry,
chronic throat-dental-thyroid-piles pain-injury-surgery; accident prone;
prayers to Mother Goddess, offer red flowers fri evenings at alter at home;"

Yup, love food and comforts. And astro again. Small accidents really seem to happen quite frequent, but they are never really dangerous (luckily).

"natal sat 7th pisces opp moon-mars virgo 12th,
stress in health and relationship,
volatile emotions and finances;
moon-mars cap, ambitious, methodical,
international audits/quality control etc;
observe fast sat evenings;"

This one definitely sounds like me.

"pisces 7th inimical-malefic for virgo asc,
stress-delays in marriage-vocation;
sat lord 5th over inimical pisces,
stress-delays in luck-edu-romance-children-position etc"

It also seems to me that this is quite accurate as well.

"jup now transit natal jup sag 3rd for advisory-counseling-singing roles,
jup sag aptitude for law-justice, medicine; retro jup delayed results;
wear yellow saphhire over pendant touching heart;
prayers to saint of faith, offer yellow flowers thurs mornings;"

I´m not so sure about this one. At least I haven´t observed anything yet.

Thank you so much for all the time and effort put into your reply! It certainly does help me with my self-discovery and I will definitely keep your observations in mind when forming my path. Almost everything you said seems so true.

I wish all the best for you!
CuriousMoon
August 30, 2019 at 17:07
(Capricorn) ShriSaiganeshE-jyotish » CuriousMoon
Appreciate your so prompt ack
caring to share pointwise candid feedbacks,
and that you find the reading relevant.

wishing well again,

kshantaram
August 30, 2019 at 19:02
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
What struck me about Your post is " In The Need Of Some Light-Shedding"

What an interesting turn of phrase!

I noticed Your Jupiter in the 3rd house in Sagittarius and instantly thought of communication as an area of focus for You.

Plus Scorpio in the 3rd right on top of Your Point of Fortune.

Obviously communication is an extremely broad field.

In business communication is key.

Shyness can be overcome.

I was quite shy until I began playing guitar and performing.

Or You could focus on one to one or small group communication.

That business degree has a plethora of possibilities attached to it.

EDIT. I forgot to say as a cat guy and Your pic of a cat also made Your phrase "Light Shedding" stick out with it´s double meaning. :4:
August 30, 2019 at 20:41
(Cancer) CuriousMoon » Leo Moon
Hi Leo Moon!

Haha, thank you, I take that as a compliment.
Perhaps my chances in communication, especially in writing, are not that low after all. :)

I wonder how the combination of Scorpio in the 3rd and the Point of Fortune could manifest itself for me? I know next to nothing about the PoF, to be fair. I guess that´s something I should do some research on then.

Unfortunately, my shyness seems to be getting worse and worse with various experiences over the years. Having a talent, like playing guitar and performing is certainly a way to get more self-confidence, but I don´t have anything like that in sight right now.

True, we both have cat pictures. Don´t forget the similarities in Nickname as well! :4:

Thank you very much as well for your reply! It´s interesting to hear people´s point of view and opinion - it´s quite refreshing too.

CuriousMoon
August 30, 2019 at 21:39
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » CuriousMoon
I know only a little about the point of fortune myself.
Heavensent has a recent thread about it.

I believe she stated that when Pluto transits Your point of fortune good things happen.

I thought of this because You have Your natal Pluto and point of fortune right on top of one another.

Maybe You will get extra fortune?! :1:

Fear of public speaking and performing is so common.
It truly is a state of mind. Easier said than done I know!

The cat in Your picture probably isn’t tearing up Your rug as we speak.
My cat Tuesday ..... well ..... see for Yourself!
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
August 31, 2019 at 07:09
(Cancer) CuriousMoon » Leo Moon
Oh nice, I definitely gotta check her post out then, thank you for mentioning it.

Could use some extra fortune! :4:

It really does sound quite easy. Changing one´s mindset is pretty difficult.

Wow! Your cat is so adorable! I bet you can forgive the little rug tearing... for the love of cats!
August 31, 2019 at 07:26
(Pisces) fishscales » Leo Moon
Man she is wound huh? :61:
September 1, 2019 at 16:22
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user berrycat, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hello CuriousMoon!

Researching your Part of Fortune will probably provide you with all the answers that you´re looking for. It´s said that the Part of Fortune is where you will find not only material success but also personal happiness and fulfilment! I really didn´t know a lot about it until recently and got a lot out of reading about mine.

Here is a link to a good website, there´s also an option to read about the House it´s in: https://jessicadavidson.co.uk/2016/…

My friend is also a July 3rd Cancer with a Virgo Ascendant and Moon and I would describe her as an ´all-rounder´- I don´t know if that´s something which resonates with you? At school she did really well in exams (but not obscenely, spectacularly well) and in every subject (but not type in particular). She is very clever but content to not be ambitious and probably would describe herself as not having talents, as you have. Maybe you both have an aspect that causes this in your charts.

I would agree with the communication suggestion based on your Part of Fortune being in the 3rd House and your Midheaven being Gemini!

x

P.S. I also love your picture and how catty the conversation has turned.
September 1, 2019 at 16:54
(Cancer) CuriousMoon » berrycat
Hi berrycat!

Thank you so much for the link you have sent to me. It was interesting to read and I can agree a lot with Part of Fortune in 3rd House. The article about Part of Fortune in Scorpio was intriguing, especially since I have trouble seeing myself like this. Perhaps I need more experiences in life to be able to observe these traits in myself more clearly - I hope that makes sense. :)

Wow, what a coincidence! I´m indeed an "All-rounder" as well. As in: I have so many interests, especially when it comes to Psychology, Astrology, Human Behavior/Behavioral Sciences, etc... But the thing is, I´m not really excelling in anything I learn (yet?); it´s just hard to concentrate on one thing when you like so many things - so many subjects that spark your interest. Perhaps your friend is experiencing the same thing as well? At school I did really well too - but I was never the best. It was frustrating... :)

I don´t know much about astrology yet, but seeing that my Mercury is adversely aspected by squares, one of them being Mercury square Chiron, makes me a bit discouraged about the communication suggestion though.

CuriousMoon :152:

P.S. Thank you, I love your name - fits so well to this thread. :)
September 2, 2019 at 12:59
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » CuriousMoon
System message: Post has been written by user berrycat, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
You are welcome! Yes, maybe you have things to come that will make it clear to you! A different interpretation could help also, I find that two descriptions of the same placement can differ in a big way.

That´s crazy that you are the same! I think that the "concentrating on one thing when you like so many things" issue is a Gemini one. I have Mercury in Gemini and routinely have internal freak outs where I want to divert from my chosen path and become a florist/ journalist/ monk. Probably since you are so Virgo you are able to prevent that from happening! That you are able to say *especially* is massive and may be the key to what it is that you´re supposed to be doing?

Have you ever tried working with people (e.g. counselling, community education, social work?) Maybe the communication-business and your interest in psychology and behavioural sciences means that you would excel at verbal communication? That you have a Cancer Sun would also back this up, you would probably be really lovely in a helping profession.

x

P.S. Cats, cats, cats, cats, cats, cats.
September 2, 2019 at 16:53
True that! Reading different views and observations on the same placement can be sometimes even a bit addicting. To the point where you are just so hungry for more information but there is not enough good material left (online at least).

Mercury in Gemini can be definitely exhausting like this. I changed my studies a few times before I stuck with business studies. In the beginning I wanted to get psychology degree, but since my grades were good, but not good enough, I couldn´t do that. So I started pedagogy, then switched to computer science and then to business administration. Or perhaps changing studies is more like a Lilith in 9th House thing. But I can so relate so much to what you said about Mercury in Gemini!

There is a possibility for me be a tax adviser in the future, perhaps that´s some good communication-business combination? Or a business analyst? As in counselling?

P.S. I´m not just saying it because of all the cats, but...! From the two posts I have read written by you, you seem like a really awesome and nice person. Thank you so much for your opinions and sharing your own experiences!
September 2, 2019 at 18:29
=====
Absolutely! There´s a book called Astrology: A Cosmic Science by a lady called Isobel M. Hickey which is excellent. It is only one point of reference but it has an interpretation of every possible sign, placement and aspect. Her descriptions of some aspects are like spooky prophecies (which come true), it´s really amazing.

Yes, I can relate to the study changes also and the general being-drawn-to-many-subjects-equally. Exhausting is the word. Can I ask- since you have finished studying do you still feel like you want to study other things? It really might be Lilith too! (There was a hilarious Lilith thread on here recently, I don´t know if you saw that?)

Being a tax adviser does sound like business and counselling! I think that your Virgo powers will just mean that you´re brilliant at what ever you do and you´ll be able to apply your abilities really well.

P.S. You are very welcome! Thank you, you are definitely awesome and nice too x
September 3, 2019 at 06:14
Wow, sounds exactly like what I need! Just ordered it and it´s supposed to be there in the evening. Can´t wait to read it, thanks for the recommendation!

Totally. Have you found something that you finished studying? Or are you still looking for something that will satisfy the Mercury/Gemini thirsts?
For now I´m happy that I was able to finish it (technically I´m not done yet, still have to defend my thesis). But there are so many possibilities for the future. One of the many things I´d still like to study is Psychology. But Medicine, Data Analysis, Business Informatics, pharmacy, behavioural sciences and so many other subjects are also a possibility. For now I am content with reading about a few of those in my spare time. What about you? (I think I have seen it but I didn´t read too much in it. I guess I will check it out after work.)

Unfortunately, my Virgo powers make me more nervous than anything, haha. In my opinion, Scorpios are more brilliant. But that´s perhaps just my perception.

P.S. You are welcome! And thank you too, haha :)
September 3, 2019 at 17:51
=====
That´s so lovely that you got it!!! I hope that you enjoy it and find the answers that you need.

I´m studying art- I began with Fine Art and swapped to Textiles- and have always planned to be an Art Psychotherapist. I also consider becoming a teacher for children who have additional support needs and am just in the process of seeing all the similar possibilities that could manifest also! I do short courses in relevant psychology-based subjects which appear to satisfy the Gemini thirst- aside from the ´journalist freak-outs´.

I also recently had a dream that I was a Costume Designer and had found deep spiritual fulfilment through doing that... that´s the Mercury curse. Obviously, I will also not be entirely fulfilled as a human being until I have written a book and learnt French.

Absolutely, that´s very cool that you managed to finish! Is this your final year? I can see that if Psychology and Art are like the book-ends of my fate it sounds like Psychology and a kind of Mathematical-Medical something are yours. Probably if you just follow what feels good and correct then you will find the answer! Have you considered trying different jobs to see how things feel?

x
September 4, 2019 at 17:24
Well, it was time for me to finally buy books about Astrology anyway. I just didn´t know where to start and you gave me the needed push!

Oh wow, that sounds so cool and interesting! I like how you are connecting you interests so nicely. Really inspiring! Are these psychology courses you are visiting part of your university syllabus? Or is it something you are doing outside of your main studies?

Costume designer... I bet your Mercury really wants you to do that now, hehe. Are you also someone who would like to learn many languages? Or are you only particularly interested in French?
I´d also like to write a book but I have zero ideas about what exactly. If you publish your book, poke me.

Yeah, my final year, so happy as soon as it´s over! Psychology and Art and Psychology and Mathematical-Medical... I agree with that! Or languages instead of Mathematical-Medical. So many possibilities.
I definitely thought about trying different things. But for now I´m really happy to have a stable job secured already in accounting. Especially since the job market situation is a bit scary for people with no experience. So right now it´s important for me to get at least some experience and then I can start experimenting.

:64:
September 5, 2019 at 20:26
=====
The courses are external! I do consider counselling evening classes even though I will be tired from uni. I think that´s another product of Gemini, Gemini cares not about tiredness.

Yes! How did you know!?!? Mercury insisted that I drop every responsibility and learn to sew. Does this happen to you? I felt compelled to actually so do for about a week. It´s beautiful that you understand these things.

I would like to learn lots but I´m particularly interested in French! I see that you are from Germany, so you are already bilingual! Are there any other languages that you want to learn?

We could start a publishing house together for partially-Gemini-people-who-have-other-jobs-but-need-to-write-books-too? I will tell you when I write my book.

Horray for final year! It is very cool and sensible to have secured a stable job.

x

P.S. Apologies that my advice to you has turned out to be inconclusive and has turned into a Mercury/Gemini rant.
September 6, 2019 at 11:21
Wow, you are so active! Visiting an external course and wanting to join a counselling evening class - I don´t think I could do that. I prefer to study and learn in the confinement of my own home. I feel most comfortable there. But perhaps I should really change my mindset - to broaden my horizon some more and stuff.

Because I have the very same issue every time something new and intriguing is sparking my interest!! In my mind it works like this: "Hey hey, did you hear that? Doesn´t that sound like a really cool subject/job? OMG, we gotta do that too!". And then, the other part of my mind is responding like this: "But we can´t! We are so close to finish our studies... maybe later." And so on...

How come you are particularly interested in French?
In school I actually also learned some French and Italian for a few years. But since I didn´t use either of them I started forgetting them slowly. Right now I am trying to teach myself some Polish, but I definitely would like to pick up some Asian language as well!

Sounds like a very fitting name, I´d join that, haha.

P.S. Aww, don´t worry about it! I´m actually more sorry for you - that you got caught up like this! I enjoy our rant. It´s nice to talk to someone about such topics.
September 9, 2019 at 18:13
=====
The courses are distance learning! I think the comfy-confines of home is both a Cancer and Taurus thing. Mercury did drive me to having four part time jobs at once though, that was an active period.

YES! YES! That is what I have too. Do you ever feel like the new subject/job is likely to be easier, better suited to you and much more exciting than what it is you´re trying to pursue?

Woah! That´s many languages! Polish is cool and all the Asian languages are amazing! Do you plan on travelling? I´m not sure, I think that I´m interested in French since I was taught it at school but I also feel quite connected to it. I always imagined that I would go to live in the South of France.

:) x
September 11, 2019 at 16:07
Ah, I see! Then it´s alright - I would do that too. I was actually a bit surprised at first, since like you said, preferring your own home is such a Taurus thing.
Four part time jobs?! While studying? What kind of jobs were these?

I just realised that I wrote "We" in this inner conversation example. A bit creepy - oh well!
Easier... probably not. But when I do have these moments of having this idea of just switching my subject or job, I feel like it could be more suited to me and much more exciting. But then again: "The grass is greener on the other side." ;)
Is it the same for you?

Yeah, I just love languages, haha! Until two years ago, I was never travelling, which makes me a bit scared and anxious of travelling now. But I´m slowly getting used to it and I love it! As long as I feel that it´s safe and secure.
French is a beautiful language. And I would definitely love to visit the South of France as well! Is there some other place you would like to see?

September 11, 2019 at 18:27
=====
Taurus and Cancer are basically one when it comes to home and snacks and cosy times!

I wasn´t studying, thank goodness! That would have killed me off. I was taking a year out between swapping subjects in a Gemini manner. I did freelance community arts work (at galleries, a primary school and a charity for disabled people), was a sales assistant in a vintage shop (fondling the textiles) and worked in a concert hall at night. A weird amalgamation of my interests!

Haha- I didn´t even register it! I love a bit of creepy familiarity! Yes! But I trip out that it´ll be ´easy since it is probably my destiny´. :76:

I see! Yeah, I feel sort of anxious about travelling now also. I love hearing that you love it again! Have you ever been on holiday by yourself? (That scares me and makes me excited in equal amounts).

It looks so beautiful. Yes- people always tell me that Berlin is magnificent (and I would like to see the art). I would love to go to Mexico. And India. My mum says that these are ´places that I need to take boys to´. I went to Iceland when I was little and had a brilliant time, I always mean to go back. What about you!?

x
September 14, 2019 at 13:13
I could never say "no" to either of those, haha!

Wow, you are amazing! All of those jobs seem extremely interesting, I bet you learned a lot during your time there. It´s probably a weird question, but do you miss your time there? Which of these jobs were impacting you the most? The freelancing job?

That´s also a nice approach to it! But there will be probably too many moments in which we think we found our destiny like this, haha.

No, I will never feel secure with another person travelling with me. One of my Taurus friends were lately travelling alone somewhere for the first time. It was costing her a lot to decide to do it, but she said she doesn´t regret it at all and that she had a great time, even if it was only for a weekend. I admire her for it - I wouldn´t be able to do it... yet.

Berlin is so big and loud! But they have nice restaurants and there are so many museums I´d still like to visit there. I´d like to explore Scandinavia (especially Norway) a bit more. I would also like to visit Japan. Wow, and Iceland is definitely interesting as well!

September 16, 2019 at 19:59
=====
Haha! Cosy snack time is the best time.

I definitely miss the people that I worked with in a community arts capacity, yes! I was regularly at school- it started out as teaching assistance but then a group started which, by chance, had several autistic children in it. It ended up as ASN support work and was very cute!

Hard to leave both children and adults that I had connected with emotionally (I think that´s a Cancer-y thing?). Working with vulnerable adults impacted my view of the world the most I think. Are you looking forward to your new job?

I feel like that too! Can I ask- did you used to travel alone? That´s cool that she did that! Did she go far? Do you know if she felt anxious or did she just love it?

I have heard that it´s massive but block it out each time! Did you go to a nice part? I would love to do all the Scandi countries too, Norway looks amazing. Japan sounds excellent also!

x
September 18, 2019 at 19:28
Of course haha!

Yeah, I can imagine how enriching this time must have been for you. The memories of it will be something you will always carry with you. I can also imagine how hard it must have been to leave it all behind in the end - but it was probably a necessary step to progress in your life (Problems with letting go could be a scorpio thing too, right?).

I actually started my full-time employment 2 weeks ago and so far I like it. My team is awesome - we are quite close to each other.

Ohh, I had some typo there! I meant that I never feel secure travelling without someone else, which is why I haven´t done that yet. But I´d need to grow way more as a person to be able to go this path. If I remember correctly she was going to Lisbon and she said she loved every second of it and was able to meet so many new people. I´m really happy for her. But you didn´t travel alone yet?

I lived in Berlin for one year. But I´m kind of happy that I left it behind. Even though it´s nice for visiting and stuff.

September 23, 2019 at 14:56
=====
Yes, you´re probably right! My Scorpio-ness was likely to involved in building my internal all-the-deep-emotional-connections-I-have-ever-made shrine.

Horray! Congratulations to you. Do you feel like it´s the correct place for you? That´s brilliant that there´s lovely people there.

Cake and flowers to celebrate your new job: :74: :65: :68: :65: :74:

I did think so. I feel the same too but have travelled myself in the past and seem to have lost the ability to do so! Totally understand the feeling of vulnerability.

(You´ve put me off Berlin!)

xxxx
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Aquarius Aquarius
Show calendar »