Is the descendant important?

August 25, 2019 at 19:25 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) sammywammy12
Is the descendant important?
Should the descendant in astrology be used in calculations when generating a birth chart?

Thanks for your attention. I´m looking forward to your replies! :1:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 26, 2019 at 14:18
(Pisces) fishscales
Not many people calculate a natal chart manually these days.. More power to those who do...

The descendant will be calculated automatically when the ascendant is calculated, since it´s the opposite point

Yes, it´s important. It refers to partners and relationships.

Some people say it also represents our "shadow side."
August 26, 2019 at 14:20
(Sagittarius) sammywammy12 » fishscales
Oh haha, I’ve not enough knowledge on astrology and or astronomy to manually calculate my natal chart, but thank you for your reply. It has given me insight on the topic. :1:
August 27, 2019 at 18:56
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Perhaps drawing/painting a picture for someone else was a manifestation of your Descendant :44:!
Because the Angular house cusps have orbs unto themselves the possibility of having two planets parallel the descendant, but not each other remains to be observed from time to time! :22:
Conjunctions too wide to have any power, could draw power from an angular house cusp between them! :6:
August 27, 2019 at 19:01
(Sagittarius) sammywammy12 » IIyyaarr13
I have no clue what you´re talking about, haha!
Sorry, I´m not well informed on the topic you´re on :61:
August 27, 2019 at 19:26
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
Here´s a nice video where she talks about the Descendant and the Shadow Side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
August 27, 2019 at 19:34
(Sagittarius) sammywammy12 » goldenlion32
Oh wow, I´m not too far into the video as of yet, but I can tell it´s very informative! Thanks for your input :1:
August 28, 2019 at 06:20
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » goldenlion32
The night side of the chart comes close to being called a shadow side; Is she trying to give 3/4ths of the Zodiac over to the dark side? There is a third of a pentagram in the frame and a black cat owns the place! :21:
August 28, 2019 at 09:25
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » IIyyaarr13
Truthfully, I already know the whole chart has it´s shadow side. You either live in Hell or Heaven with your chart. I think all your planets and houses have a - and + twist to them. We all have a dark side. Funny, I´m talking to a Horror author and publisher the last few days. Ha ha, I´m like sure, I can probably be the next Stephen King if I want to put my mind to it, but ha ha..

But I figured out I met him in North Node Capricorn/South Node Cancer and Saturn in Libra. Obviously, to be that kind of writer you´d have to be able to make piece with your shadow side. Get past all your deepest fears on the subconscious level.

Virgo Pluto Trine Moon in Taurus is all about this digging in the psychology, subconscious, and you come up with a lot of the same answers as Jung in my experience. He was always doing experiments trying to tap into that deep core of the psyche. Which is kind of scary. Lmao.

I hear Jordan Peterson make that comment. It is scary because most people are afraid of their shadow side, their human nature, and they scare themselves.

I used to have a dog that when she looked at herself in the dog dish that looked like a mirror she´d get scared, whimper, and look at me to move the monster out of her way. The monster being herself.

I had to laugh with my other dog, that took a good look at another tiny dog and ran across the yard because it was ugly or something.

The Dark Side is whatever you believe it is in your imagination. I already learned with the Millennial´s polarized the psyche of the world, they know your belief systems are distorted from centuries of tampering with symbols, meanings, and definitions.

Don´t be afraid of the "Green Eyed Monster"...

Although, I don´t focus on some of the darker Astrology.

The whole idea is turning your inner darkness into the light for some of us. I suppose others may be diving into the darker realms of who knows what. I believe a lot of it is your imagination and what your mind creates out of fear and what you believe. Maya "Illusion".

The more you push someone in survival mode, push them to the edge of life, threaten them, intimidate them, dominate them, control them, torture them, this is where they either go insane trying to escape the emotional, mental, spiritual pain, or they have that inner transformation and show up in life and face the deepest darkest parts of human nature and come out on the other side.

You see it with prisoners of war. Even in the concentration camps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

Just depends on what kind of coping skills one has, whether they´re strong enough to break through the dark night of the soul. We see people flip out all the time with Murder and become psychopaths.

Shadow side is always fascinating.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
YouTube
YouTube

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »