What placements/aspects in astrology can bring problems with/at school?

August 17, 2019 at 21:40 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) N_thecat
What placements/aspects in astrology can bring problems with/at school?
I am not a student anymore,I am quite sure these times are definitely over,but that´s not a point here. Based on my own experiences I just wonder what - according to astrology - what causes that some people have problems with their education/school life. I think about problems like interrupted education/unstable education when someone often changes schools or problems with school life - like skipping or not graduate. Is it possibile to see it in natal chart?

I heard that our education is visible in 3rd house, but only that primary,not all. I don´t know how it really works.

I don´t have any planet in 3rd house.I have only Virgo on the cusp of 3rd house which - how I imagine - should give me some order/discipline and my school life was always unstable. I changed schools several times and always had problems like: "How to attend lessons regularly" :13: I always liked to skipping school and often oversleep or was late for class. Now I think maybe it´s not a matter of 3rd house but that´s just my Neptune in 6th house - always on the outs with rules and principles. Or maybe Uranus on the cusp of 5th and 6th house that loves to break the rules ?

I don´t know. Maybe you share your experiences from your school life? Especially these who have similar problems :3: :2: :2:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 17, 2019 at 22:24
(Cancer) Trevor777
well just to correct you, education is a 9th house thing, natural sign is sagitarius ruled by jupiter, planet of knowledge

anyways, id say people who have a strong uranus on angle of chart or an afflicted mercury as mercury is the planet of learning, thinking, so in a way 3rd house and mercury shows how well they will learn,

saturn conjunct mercury can show someone who has learning difficulties too

uranus shows how much of a rebel they will be, so any kinda strong uranus with mercury shows a rebel but also a genius at same time

Aquarius midheavens can be school dropouts as theyre meant for a different purpose than following tradition.

Your 9th house has Pisces on its cusp, and this sign likes escapism, and if you found yourself daydreaming through class, this is why :61:

uranus in the 5th house makes one have interests in the uncommon things, so this wouldnt be school lol interests in crazy things maybe
August 18, 2019 at 01:29
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The most educable people are most likely to have a planet in every sign which does not say much for stelliums! The shape button above everybody´s chart turns the chart blue and gives the coverage of the chart by planets.
The Highlands Ranch STEM school shooting demonstrated that specialized schools suck the big one just like public schools! :28:
Robert Crumb left school at 16 and then lied in an autobiography that he had left at 18, because as a punctual double Virgo it made more sense for him to work for a living rather than spend his whole teen-age time building brain power.
Jean Claude Van Damme was declared ineducable in the 2nd grade, his data has a Rodden Rating of AA. So there is a clear case of someone who could take direction that was considered marginal in Belgium.
Astro-locality could show a place that might be more ideal for learning than the old and familiar places!
Home schooling means some courses of study could be done at Graveyard Shift hours flaunting the compartmentalisation of time!
:156: :195: third house:152: means I am always learning more than I think I am learning!
August 18, 2019 at 01:44
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user spiral, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I didn´t finish school, out of disinterest and inability to follow a rhythm that is not mine.

I dont know.
August 18, 2019 at 01:58
(Taurus) Theo Mcgee
I dropped out of college when Saturn was conjunct my Midheaven. However, I left school but I didn´t quit college. I went back to my Community College and began working towards applying to a different school.
I´m currently in the middle of it.

I´ve been very impatient lately, I´m stuck at home for another year before I´m out. My life is just in limbo at the moment.
August 18, 2019 at 02:54
(Aries) ram_goat
I think it´s hard to say. So many of the things that make people a bad fit at school are just broader aspects of their personality, not specific to school.

lebelle´s post earlier about being an "airhead" had some of this, she mentioned
having a dreamy nature generally, which also made school hard for her because she was daydreaming and not paying attention.

Maybe broaden the circle a bit, and begin with "who had trouble in school & why"
then look for chart aspects. I´ll bet it comes down to some neptune/uranus stuff, but also not exclusive to schoolwork. They are probably aspects that are visible in other areas of the personality or in the life of the person in question.

I was always good at school but found it stupid and boring at the same time. The rules were idiotic, the "learning" often didn´t teach me much, but in my childhood there was no choice about these things, conformity was beaten into you if yelling didn´t work, but ultimately you would conform.

I knew other people I respected and thought well of who wanted to try and fight this fight with the "powers that be", their parents, the school system, etc. but in that era there were few options and little freedom of choice in the USA educational system, and I observed that while ultimately, those people got what they wanted, sort of, there was so much social pressure from all sides they had to fight against to get a diploma that was all but marked as "second rate" by the educational system they were never going to get to uni with it.. the diplomas you got from the non traditional routes were the equivalent of a dishonorable discharge from the army... No crimes comitted, but still that class of diploma was a black mark when it came time to produce it for a university..

It just seemed like while those people got their freedom and their diploma, the process took so much out of them it left them with a lot of guilt and emotional problems related to the subject of education.. feelings of low self worth etc. Perhaps similar to the mind fucking that people in East Germany got for being religious or otherwise nonconformist.. technically the "system" let them "live and let live" but at the same time in a very nasty psychological way, it took a piece of their souls too.. conforming just seemed to make a lot more sense, just easier to go with the flow, stupid though it was.. This is one of the silent crimes of the boomers and the generation just before them, perpetrated on the generations after.

So anyway, I think in all cultures and countries, the world over, things related to school are probably written more broadly across the chart than just a single house or aspect. Personal experience will count for a lot in this discussion.

Also since educational systems vary so widely across the world and over time, it´s hard to say whether a kid who does well in the French education system might do badly in the American one, or one kid seem "uneducatable" in the English system (Keith Moon.. classed as an imbecile as a child) but do great in a montessori school..

Schools are as much a political construct of various societies as the side of the road that cars drive on, or whether the color of the insulation on the electrical earthing wire is brown, red, green, green with a yellow stripe, or black..

Also difficult in astrology to see from a chart if a person is inclined to obey laws of their society or not, except in very rare extreme cases..

August 19, 2019 at 06:46
(Aquarius) nikkia
Nola_la, I would look to the the Moon and Mercury and houses 1, 2, 4, 5, and 9.
Maybe even Neptune.

So much goes into a child´s overall development it´s hard to say how and when and if someone will embrace or reject standard education and formal learning.

Some people just lack scholastic aptitude.
Some people are autodidactic.
Other´s lack focus, drive and discipline.

Young people have little or no control over their circumstances. It takes a great deal of support to get a kid through 12 years of basic education. If those support systems fail, the child may lose her/his way.

Sometimes learning blocks and laziness improve with maturity.
After a certain age, barring extreme deficiencies, it´s more a matter of stunted personal responsibility accountability than anything else.
August 19, 2019 at 07:14
(Aquarius) nikkia » IIyyaarr13
Yesterday, someone sent me something that read, "It is said that when 5 or 6 planets are conjunct they indicate poor mind and lack of financial prosperity"

Along with your quote: "The most educable people are most likely to have a planet in every sign which does not say much for stellium!"

Despite countless roadblocks thrown on my path, I achieved. I am fantastic student, having earned several degrees. Each with honors and distinction.

So much for stupid fucking comments and astrological ideas like these :61:
August 19, 2019 at 14:45
(Pisces) fishscales
Early education is 3rd house, higher education is 9th.

Using the whole sign house system, I have Saturn in the 9th.

Never finished college.

Ruler of the 9th, Mercury, in the 6th.

Maybe my "higher education" came through the workplace.

Probably learned more at work, in a social as well as technical sense, than I ever learned in school.

I am not opposed to or disinterested in learning, but I always wanted to learn what I wanted to learn, which wasn´t necessarily what was being taught in a classroom.
August 19, 2019 at 16:22
(Aquarius) nikkia » fishscales
That is so very true !
Learning is a lifelong experience... much of which never takes place in a classroom !
Experience is the best teacher, too.
August 19, 2019 at 18:23
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » nikkia
You managed to have 6 planets each with 30% :199: energy, yet none are in opposition to the :175: Oeuroeunoeus!
Most folks have to build brain-power, in a :67: hypocritical :67: world that loves it´s three billion morons!
:151: & :199: in mutual reception means they power each other up! :44: :30: :62: :32:
August 19, 2019 at 18:41
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user goldenlion32, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
With Uranus in Libra in the 3rd my education has always been at different schools or broken up both in elementary and college.
August 19, 2019 at 19:43
(Aquarius) nikkia » IIyyaarr13
I didn´t "manage to have 6 planets." I manage the 6 planets I have. ( or, at least *try*)
My issue is the overall ignorance about stelliums.

From the time we are conceived, so much goes into brain development. Once we are born, all of us have to build our brain-power. Environmental support systems impact this development. It´s not a given based on a birth chart. Mine or anyone´s. If that support system fails, human children cannot survive or thrive.

What does "Oeuroeunoeus" mean?

I´d like to hear that said 3-times-fast, after a pitcher of Margaritas. :37:
August 19, 2019 at 20:21
(Aquarius) nikkia » goldenlion32
I had always been at different schools, too: 2 Elementary, 3 Middle and 2 H.S.
No roots or being pulled out by them?

I cannot seem to find the placement for this in my own chart but, I learned to adapt pretty fast.
Socially, it was fine. But my mandatory education was never consistent- this was very detrimental to me.

Some just kids don´t adapt well to big changes and they really suffer internally and academically.

Do you think :199: might have also aided with adapting to change and new environments?
And, if these experiences better prepared you for adult life?
August 20, 2019 at 02:37
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » nikkia
My Montessori School was worried more about my soul than my brain. :76:
Your equal-house chart shows an even division between your 2nd house and 3rd house stelliums, which "could" mean your not as deep in stellium influence as someone with just one house on :181:.
The stellium at Astrotheme is bound to be slightly different than the stellium at Astrodienst. There are folks who insist on Yer Aye-Ness rather than Ooruhnuhss or Oeuroeunoeus, that doesn´t neaten it much!
August 24, 2019 at 16:11
(Virgo) charmingcharli
I have Saturn in third opposition Chiron in 9th and I think I’ve heard that this means delay in higher education or struggles with it...I am not sure. Yet, it is 6 degrees apart so I don’t think that it’s a big impact to me.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »