Cancer & The Familial Past.

August 1, 2019 at 01:40 (UT/GMT)
(Cancer) MuCancri
Cancer & The Familial Past.
I’ve been curious for a while about Cancer and it’s associations with the past. More specifically, I’ve been a little interested in possible ties Cancer might have with family before ones current life cycle ( I.e ) having strong intuitive connections with very distant ancestors of their own lineage and of others. What do you all think?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 1, 2019 at 01:54
(Leo) HeavenSent
Yep -- boom! -- I concur fully, again.

:11:

:75:

To that I would add, also, that Cancer´s opposite, Capricorn, is very concerned, in a complementary kind of way, with history, ancestry and lineage (as in pedigree), time / the passage of time, the value of all things old, antiques, and all things burnished by time and established.

Saturn, of course, is known as Father Time... while, of course, Cancer is the Mother of the Primordial Ocean.

So it´s interesting. The past belongs both to Cancer and Capricorn. It´s always rewarding to investigate the polarities. They always contain rich paradox.
August 1, 2019 at 10:42
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
There is disagreement as to whether :159:´s exaltation is :174: or :175:.
:174: :159:s & :175: :159:s were folks who studied Latin and were therefore better educated than the young people of today, they experienced an earlier generation of surveilance which darkened the meditation on ´legacy´ to an extent.
The A rating and AA rodden rating :177: risings have "inner-self" in :174:, which gives them an edge in getting to the emotional core of :156: (universal)!
August 1, 2019 at 17:08
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yep i can say the same about it as a Cancer AC/Capricorn DC. I`m very much into the past and past ways of being and living. I would like to dig into my ancestry and family line. I`m very nostalgic about the past sometimes, like wanting to go back and see how things were, live in certain eras. I don`t know much about my family, very scattered, not having any good records of them, it bothers me that i can`t find out more. Past lives who knows, that`s a grey area for me.
August 1, 2019 at 17:17
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » IIyyaarr13
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I don`t see any reason whatsoever why Neptune would be exalted in Leo. There`s absolutely nothing in common between these 2 energies, in fact they are opposite each other. I have a beef with some of the exaltation/debilitation rules, to me they seem kinda of random and make no sense in a practical applied way of doing astrology on real people.It may sound good in the books but not in real life i found. Esoteric astrology puts Neptune as secondary ruler of Cancer, it seems more appropriate than Leo by long shot.
August 2, 2019 at 02:49
(Pisces) fishscales » Olenna
Neptune exalted in Leo may not seem to make sense on the surface, but it always made sense to me.

The fixed solidity of Leo is a great conduit for the subtle, intangible energy of Neptune.

Universal spirit expressed through the individual heart.

August 2, 2019 at 08:05
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
=====
I suppose you can look at it that way and it works but the boundlessness of Neptune and self centered nature of Leo do not mesh well together. Neptunian energy is being everything and nothing at the same time, no identity attachment, while Leo and the Sun are very much identity fixated. That`s my opinion anyway, does not mean i`m right.
August 2, 2019 at 10:01
Dane Rudyhar puts it well:

"In Leo, Neptune is exalted, because this planet of universal wholeness and of spiritual brotherhood is in´ the subjective background of the Leo type, ruled by the Sun. It has been said that Neptune is a sort of Moon for the Sun; it links the Sun in a curious way with the Galaxy of which the Sun is a small star. It forces the solar being to dream of his greater "home," the galaxy; it urges the "king" to seek inspiration in the "Church.""
August 2, 2019 at 12:13
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
=====
That`s beautifully put and i can agree but then i realized that kings do whatever they want anyway. As i was reading this i thought of Henry Tudor, who i believe is a Leo (i could be remembering wrong) he did away with church entirely :61: This is human condition we`re dealing with after all, the energy can be evolved to higher manifestations to Neptune`s liking, but it must be transcended.
August 3, 2019 at 14:08
"That`s beautifully put and i can agree but then i realized that kings do whatever they want anyway."

Maybe Neptune in Leo represents the selfless king who uses his position only to benefit his "subjects."

(Whether or not this occurs in real life is debatable to say the least, however.):3:

I tend to view the higher manifestations of Leo as sharing the innate qualities and behavior of its ruling planet, the sun.

The sun shines and gives its light and life to all the other planets and asks for nothing in return. It doesn´t seek any glory for it, it just what it does.

With Neptune in Leo, Leo provides the framework of power through which the selfless, unifying qualities of Neptune can shine.

Of course, I´m speaking about the ideal versions of both sign and planet here.

Interesting conversation, either way.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »