N. Node 12th House

July 14, 2019 at 04:02 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
N. Node 12th House
I´m beginning to wonder if the North Node may be the most important aspect of astrology. I´ve heard that said once or twice in my reading. Anyway, from what I´ve read/heard about the 12th house N. Node, it rings very true in my own experience. It´s basically a struggle between form and formlessness. Doing and being. Body and spirit. I just watched a good YouTube video about it and was amazed at the accuracy in my personal experience. It basically says that in this life 12th house natives have to learn how to let go of structure, form, doing, etc. And seek out spirit, meditation, formlessness, and just being. That pretty much describes where I´m at. And I feel the struggle. I´m at a point where I just want to give up all the material bs and do some soul searching. Ive gotten into a pattern of working over 50 hours a week, but it brings me no satisfaction. In fact, i think it´s taking me away from my path. The N. Node placement is what we need to pursue to feel successful from what I understand. So I guess that´s why material and form doesnt fulfill me. I´ve always felt like theres more to life than just working, making money, newer car, nicer house, etc.

However, the video goes on to say that 12th house natives also dont find fulfillment in abandoning the material world to fully devote themselves to the spiritual realm either, and that it´s about balancing the two. So with that said, I´d like to hear any other 12th house N. Node experiences or anybody elses take on that placement. Kinda feeling lost

Edit: also wanted to add that I have Saturn conjunct my NN, which is supposed to intensify the placement or add to the importance of the placement or whatever it is that Saturn does ?

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
July 14, 2019 at 12:37
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
As 12th house North Node myself i agree with what you said. I am still learning about how to operate with that life path. I do not have any desire to abandon the material world, it`s about balance of both nodes, uniting the duality in them, i am also very spiritual by nature, so that i believe is the way to go. Also the nodes have to do with the Moon, something people forget, it`s about internal, very personal experience, not something outside one self.
July 14, 2019 at 13:44
(Pisces) fishscales
Your nodal predicament reminds me of the old Buddhist story about Buddha´s renunciation.

You´ve probably heard it, but I´ll repeat it for anyone who hasn´t, because I think it represents the 12th house NN/6th house SN really well.

When the Buddha renounced everything, he basically meditated 24-7 and lost all concern for the material world. The story says that he only ate one grain of rice a day, and basically reduced himself to a human skeleton.

Eventually, he realized that torturing his physical (material) body was not the way to achieve enlightenment.

He needed his physical body (which can be seen as representing the material world) in order to achieve the enlightenment he sought.

What good would enlightenment have done him if he wound up dead because he didn´t pursue his physical, material needs?

Now I´m not saying you should go become a Buddhist monk, but keep in mind you need that practical, material 6th house south node in order to venture out (or in as the case may be) and learn the lessons of your 12th house north node.

The two sides don´t need to fight eachother, just balance eachother out.
July 14, 2019 at 14:35
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Olenna
Thank you Olenna. I think I´ve done alot of what I´ve done for outside approval, as far as chasing material wealth. Theres always been this internal tug to seek more of the spiritual world. So now I´m trying to find the balance, but hard being a business owner. It takes so much energy focused on being there, organizing, etc. etc. I think that´s why im in a bit of a predicament. I find joy in traveling to remote locations far from civilization and just being in the moment. I guess it´s a form of meditation for me. Only problem is I hardly ever get to do it anymore because "im supposed to be at work ?"
July 14, 2019 at 14:42
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » fishscales
That´s a good observation and more relevant than you might know. At one time I got pretty big into fasting. One time I did the Master Cleanse for 21 days where I only drank lemonade made with real lemons and molasses. I got pretty skinny. Funny thing was after a few days I didnt even miss food as long as I had a little lemonade. Actually had pretty good energy most of the time. It was during a difficult time, and I guess I was looking for answers and thought it would help me be more healthy somehow. I never got any grand revelation, but it was an unusual experience to say the least
July 14, 2019 at 15:01
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
In Evolutionary Astrology, the North Node (Rahu) and South Node (Ketu) have a lot to do with your soul intention with Pluto.

For example: Saturn in Leo in 2005 until Saturn in Aquarius, there´s a lot of soul intentions for me to master in life lessons. This may involve family, friends, romantic partners, co-workers, and really been about collapsing the old life and re-building a strong foundation for the future and long-term gains where I used to be focused on short-term gains.

In the transits with the North Node/South Node this is kind of where they use the chakra system to know where you´re at and what you´re working on.

For example: Saturn in Leo was not seeing the world for what it really was at face value. The beginning of Education and re-learning how the world works in a private business school. Graduated with first degree.

Saturn in Virgo (Nodal Return with Aquarius in Chiron right on my Node with Neptune in Aquarius. (The masks we wear at face value.)

Communications and the throat chakra. Learning to open up and communicate in writing.

Saturn in Libra Graduation with the 2nd degree, started writing poetry, articles.

Saturn in Scorpio Learning about Entrepreneurship, publishing, business, marketing, and how that all works. Practicing, applying, and working hard to get through all deepest fears and shedding the old beliefs about self.

Saturn in Sagittarius Learning about Astrology. Screen writing, novel writing.

Saturn in Capricorn tearing that all down and start building a valid foundation for the future in Uranus in Taurus and re-inventing what I have already done.

There´s a whole lot of soul intentions here I didn´t list because they´re more personal and have to do with family etc, but still you can see that you soul will have learn certain lessons when Saturn and the Nodes change.

Like right now we´re in the Root Chakra and Survival Issues. Having a healthy perceptions of grounding ourselves, stability, security, long-term gains over short-term gains. What we do now sets us up for the future. It´s like building a house, you start with the foundation, and if you don´t have the right paper work, degrees, tools, methods, techniques, supplies, etc, you life can´t make it through the storms, the Uranus in Taurus moments where life throws you that wrench in the engine and it stops for the moment with obstacles.

When we don´t do our inner work every day, we are more problem focused instead of solution focused, adapting, adjusting, repairing what needs to be fixed. It´s kind of like when your car is broken, you find the part, get the tools and fix it, same with life.

When we don´t take action in each house and learn the lessons, we´re skipping steps, and wondering why we´re in the same place and not getting anywhere in life in love, career, and finances. We´re doing the same thing we´ve always done. You can´t be successful if you do things the same way you´ve always done them. You will get the same result.

Whether it´s your communication skills, writing skills, handling emotions, thoughts, and feelings, or behaviors.

With the transits right now some of you are having that push to do something different and get your lives in the right direction.

North Node Cancer/South Node Capricorn deals with family, relationships with the opposite sex, careers, jobs, and education. When you´re indecisive, it happens whether you´re ready or not with Uranus in Taurus, Aries in Chiron, and Saturn in Capricorn.

These transits are teaching responsibility, maturing, and taking control over your life in a positive direction.
July 14, 2019 at 15:41
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Sunnyshadow
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yes i`m the same. I would love to live off the grid somewhere, but still work at the same time. It`s very weird to reconcile both.
July 14, 2019 at 17:12
(Aries) Cajun » goldenlion32
Rahu in the 12th is one of the most difficult positions in Hindu astrology

Rahu is desire. 12th house is moksha.

The two don´t jive unless the 12th Lord and Rahu are connected by aspect or conjunction. Hopefully the 12th Lord is in good dignity too.
July 14, 2019 at 17:21
(Aries) Cajun » Cajun
Luckily Rahu is sepearating from Saturn and Saturn is happy in Virgo ( so is Rahu, many consider Virgo exaltation sign of it).

Saturn is the yogakara for Libra Ascendant (yogakaraka= planet owning an angle house and trinal house- Saturn owns the 4 and 5th)

You will be ok...Theme imho is detachment from that loaded 11th house.
July 14, 2019 at 18:13
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Cajun
Could you elaborate on why it is such a difficult placement?
July 14, 2019 at 18:25
(Aries) Cajun » Cajun
I did in a nutshell.

Desires (rahu) and moksha (12th house of liberation) are usually incompatible.
July 14, 2019 at 19:06
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » Cajun
Thanks boss.
July 14, 2019 at 19:09
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Olenna
I agree. It´s hard to be successful in the world and liberated from the world at the same time. :63:
July 14, 2019 at 20:04
(Aries) ram_goat » Olenna
I would love to live off the grid somewhere, but still work at the same time.

I used to think this way, too. At some point I realized that my desire for isolation was really just a metaphor for being free from life´s petty bullshit and the irritations of dealing with other people. It was projection. I realized that moving from one place to another was not the way to escape this. I had to change my head instead. You can´t run from yourself.

A lot of my escapist thoughts stem from this desire, but there are other ways
to deal with it that I have found are healthier for me, personally. Moving around from place to place never really fixed anything for me.
July 14, 2019 at 21:10
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » ram_goat
I agree that moving around isnt the answer. But, moving to a place that inspires you may be. The thing I dont like about my current environment is there is no wide open space to go and retreat from society/civilization. It´s all private property and no recreation areas. The closest thing I could do is get a boat and go out on a lake and enjoy the solitude. One of my greatest experiences was going out west on a motorcycle to some vast open areas and just soaking in the emptiness. Too bad that´s 2,000 miles away from me. My ideal environment would be to live near an area like this where I could be a productive member of society and easily escape for a couple of days to isolated places and just enjoy nature, build a fire, pitch a tent. The eastern US is too crowded and privatized
July 14, 2019 at 21:45
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Cajun
You will be ok...Theme imho is detachment from that loaded 11th house

How would one go about detaching from the 11th house?
July 15, 2019 at 00:46
(Pisces) fishscales » Sunnyshadow
"I agree that moving around isnt the answer. But, moving to a place that inspires you may be."

Although I don´t think it´s the solution to everything, moving somewhere that inspired me and was closer to nature definitely helped me.

When I lived in NJ, the landscape was literally dedicated to consumerism. Strip malls everywhere, like the sole purpose of the environment was to suck the money out of people´s pockets. It kinda made you start believing that the only reason you had to leave the house was to buy stuff, or spend your money somewhere. It was artificial, both in purpose and appearance, and it made me feel dead inside. Alot of this was because of what was going on inside of me at the time, but my environment certainly did not help.

I´ve come alive where I live now. A block from the ocean, I can smell it when I wake up. Mountains not too far behind me. Only one wal mart within 50 miles, and even that´s too many. And I can drive not too far away and be surrounded by almost nothing. Drive a little further, and really be surrounded by nothing.

As someone who is permeable to other people´s energies, the ability for me to get away from everyone and soak up the energies of nature is paramount.

I used to be a pretty depressed person in NJ, but I don´t have a hint of depression now. Negative ions from the salt water probably help with this... I´ve read they work wonders for the mental state.

While it´s true you can´t escape yourself, I do think that some people are very sensitive to their environment, and an environment that suits them can really give them a push in the right direction and help buoy them up.
July 15, 2019 at 04:46
Wow, man, that sounds just like it is around here. It´s just one big shopping mall. The only reason to leave the house is to buy stuff, that is 100% totally relatable. It is depressing. You put that into words really well. I also love the ocean and have heard about the negative ions. There must be something in the water because it makes me feel better too. The gulf is about 2 hour drive from here. I go 2-3 times a year. About once a year I try to spend a whole week down there right on the beach. It really makes me feel like a new person. But one week a year, that´s like 2% of my life. That just isnt enough time. I´d love to wake up someplace that I actually enjoy. The absolute only thing that has kept me where I´m at is my job (mainly) and my parents. I´ve wanted to move for years and years. Wish my job allowed more freedom, think it´s time to cut my ties to that and try something different
July 15, 2019 at 04:58
I´ve always liked this sign at Jimmy John´s,
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
July 15, 2019 at 09:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ram_goat
=====
I agree that was just escaping. In my 20s my escapism was really bad, i was a video game addict, watched tv all the time, it was a bad time in my life so the need to escape was greater. I moved and all changed like a switch was flipped, now i don`t even have a tv lol. Now i`m at a point where i find ways to have both the spiritual and the material without going to either extreme. Of course my heavy 12th house pull takes me more towards the spiritual but not in an unhealthy way full of rainbows and sunshine. Being spiritual is dealing with the grit of life, accepting certain parts of yourself not running away from it.
July 15, 2019 at 09:08
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Sunnyshadow
=====
I love this :1:
July 15, 2019 at 09:48
(Pisces) fishscales » Sunnyshadow
Yeah that´s cool.

I definitely relate more to the Mexican guy.

The way he described his life in the beginning sounds alot like living in Greece when I lived there.

People actually take the time to enjoy life, every day. Alot less of this aimless running around "accomplishing things" that´s so glorified in the States.
July 15, 2019 at 10:18
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » Sunnyshadow
I think with your 11th house Leo placements, I can probably help you... :61:

My life has been all about interacting with Leo energy on the Ascendant. You have Jupiter in Leo that expands the theatrics, drama, trauma, and love fighting over the microphone and stage. They like to be center stage, and I had to learn myself to get off the Karpman Drama Triangle with a family of Leo Pluto´s, Saturn in Leo´s, Leo Suns, etc.

https://www.karpmandramatriangle.com/…

How do you detach from the 11th house? Usually means being consciously aware of how your using your Leo energy in a positive or negative way. Usually using your creative energy in a positive way through arts, music, literature, and learning to allow others to be themselves, and stepping out off the stage. With Leo (Ketu) means letting others win and helping them succeed and sometimes letting them steal the show.

Leo can allow their ego to get out of control. It´s keeping your ego in check and understand the people in the 11th house are usually people who are your friends, romantic partner, audience, co-workers, and you can´t always be number 1 and be front and center in life.

There´s the other end of the Axis Aquarius which means (Humanity) And so your axis is saying you have to balance this energy and find the middle way of sharing the stage, lifting up others in life, stepping back at times and allowing others to succeed in life before you.

Listening to what they have to say. Hearing what they have to say. Not so quick to silence their voice.

I´m sure at times your ego gets broken down, for the simple reason life is not about ourselves, but everyone meet and respecting their emotions, thoughts, feelings, and perhaps adapting, adjusting, problem shooting together, instead of blaming, shaming, and making others feel guilty about who they are, or wanting to succeed by our side.

This might be the way you approach other people, how you speak to them, the reaction they have with you, and noticing what you have to change in your in approach.

Are you thinking about the how your voice tone, how you sound, has a cause and effect on the situation.

Leo is a fixed sign. It burns forever, and is the torch that never goes out in the darkness. The desires of the heart, the passion, and is quite fast, quick, and furious. If you ever watched the movie Backdraft, you can see how fire can burn different ways.

If you´ve ever watched a forest fire how it can be quite destructive and and burn for days and sometimes weeks like in California.

Fire can purifying and cleansing, and it´s all about how you use your fire energy.

I was brought up with a Firefighter, and he taught me how to be an emotional fire fighter.

You have to live and breath fire, now the negative and positive ways it can be positive and negative. You can light a candle, fire works, bonfire.

I once sat with a bunch of Polish people at a bonfire. They used pine branches to fuel their fire, and I never seen anything like it, the flames were shot way up high in the sky.

Fire can melt glass, metal, and other things I´ve throw in it over the years.

Usually when we´re Leo´s, we don´t recognize how we can be burning down the whole forest, the house, the family, friends, and everyone else we know. Just ask the Leo Pluto Generation. :61: :61: :61:

Sometimes you just have to learn when to turn the fire off, when to keep it low, medium, and high. If you don´t well, that is when the karma comes in to play, cause and effect of your choices, emotions, thoughts, and feelings, and the impact you have on those around you.
July 15, 2019 at 10:47
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » Sunnyshadow
Some of the Vedic Astrologers do say if you move away from home, you might be more successful. I probably can guess because your past history isn´t in your face, your relatives aren´t around to be and obstacle for your goals, and your pretty much pioneering into new territory. You can live a more peaceful life where ever that maybe.

In my experience with Uranus, rarely have I ever lived where I deliberately wanted to live. Usually it´s events that bring me to certain places, divine appointments, divine timing, divine order, and some kind of soul purpose and intention to occur.

Really, wherever you´re at their is beauty in nature. It´s learning to find joy in the circumstances. I´ve learned this myself, the material world around you doesn´t have anything to do with your success or failure.

If you look at a soldier sitting in a trench in the middle of a war. He doesn´t have a choice, but to sit back against the earth, pull out whatever kind of literature he has in his back pack. He might have a bottle of some drink, certain rations, and the environment might look like shit, but he must learn to relax, calm himself down right where he is in the now.

Perhaps there is a body of water around, it may not look like the greatest lake or ocean in the world, but he can swim, clean himself, lay on the beach, watch the wild life and enjoy the day.

You have emotional attachments to the way things should be in life, and life doesn´t always give us the red carpet in life. Right now, we´re in the Root Chakra (Saturn) and survival issues. If your in survival mode, there isn´t always that perfect and Ideal world we´d love to achieve.

I used to watch Macgyver, television series. There´s tons of times I´ve been in life where I have to use what tools, methods, techniques, and resources which are available at the time.

I understand one time I was eager to get out of my home town, took it for granted, and so used to living there, missed what an awesome place it really was at the time. You can be blind because of your emotional pain and miss all the opportunities in your environment.

Today, I seed differently because I´ve been away from home. I miss the Lake, the pier, the festivals, the state in general, for it´s rich in a lot of different things.

I can move across the world, but I´ll always be an American and nothing really ever take that out of me. My grandfather taught to me to honor my country, to be a patriot, and follow in his foot steps, and so sure, with my Moon in Taurus, I have walked the same streets as him in Uranus in Taurus transits during WWII. I got a glimpse of the history and remember his stories, and so it´s been a unique experience going to the military places and touching a glimpse of my grandfather´s travels in WWII.

Moving around all the time, doesn´t give you long-term stability, security, and it doesn´t give you a strong foundation to build a house, life, and while it´s nice to travel around the world at times, it´s better to have some roots somewhere long-term.

It´s all about perception, and with Sagittarius, I understand the need for different scenery, and I usually travel around a lot on the internet. :61:

Solitude is usually found for me in the 12th house with Cancer, so this is usually around bodies of water, because it balances my emotions.

But I know I´m around a lot of farm land at the moment, and sure the little man made lakes, are not as beautiful as the one I´m used to back home, but again I am not used to a pack of sheep running loose in the trails, and that´s kind of different experience.

There´s not parks here, and brick buildings. :61:

I adapt and adjust to me environment. You could sit me in any environment good or bad, and I´ll still know how to close my eyes and find inner peace.

It´s the same for anyone. It´s just learning to stop complaining about it all, and sure life is unfair, unjust, and sure it has it´s obstacles, rough terrain, hard work, lessons, and there are just as many joys, blessings, and good moments.

It´s making the best out of your circumstances and letting go of how you think it has to look to find peace in the physical world. It´s inside job, not an outside job.
July 15, 2019 at 11:40
(Libra) leorising » goldenlion32
when you spoke of the temperatures, I felt like a stove kkk high fire, low fire ... after 30 years I believe that I can dose my temperature
July 15, 2019 at 13:13
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » leorising
Ha ha...I suppose we get used to it as we go. I know I like to be a fire cracker sometimes. At least we have a nice roar! :61: :61:
https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »