New here. Trying to understand my strengths and weaknesses.

July 1, 2019 at 00:45 (UT/GMT)
(Aquarius) she’s intuitive
New here. Trying to understand my strengths and weaknesses.
Hello, I’m very new here. I was wondering if I could get some chart interpretations. I seem to struggle in relationships. I’m attracted to water signs deeply. However, there always seems to be misunderstandings and I’m left with a broken heart. I’ve been in relationships with air signs and although we don’t argue air signs just don’t touch the depth of me the way water signs do. As for earth, I love the stability that they give but I don’t feel understood by them. As for fire... I’m very sensitive to fiery characters. Their explosive passion makes me nervous in a relationship.
I’d love to find someone who I can love and be loved in return.

On a side note. Most of my relationships have been very plutonic. My last interest had his Pluto trine my Venus and his sun, moon, mercury and Venus in my 8th house. He was a Cancer with Gemini moon. Mars, Mercu, Venus and Saturn in Scorpio. I felt deeply for him but I never let him know.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
July 1, 2019 at 12:41
(Pisces) fishscales
With Saturn conjunct your descendant, it´s not surprising that relationships are an area of struggle for you.

They are also something you probably take very seriously.

With Saturn here, you may have a tendency to attract serious types, father figures, and maybe even people with controlling tendencies. Not controlling in a power-driven, Plutonian way, but in more of a "this is the right way to do things" way. Saturnian and Plutonian control differ in their motivations.

At the same time, with Saturn conjunct the DSC, it is very possible that you could manifest some Saturnian qualities yourself when in a relationship: sternness, seriousness, the desire to be in control. Descendants are funny that way.

Saturn conjunct the DSC might also account for your hesitation regarding fiery types. Maybe they´re too wild for your serious Saturn.

Your third house sun is square your Saturn/DSC conjunction, which may cause difficulties regarding communicating the "inner you" in relationships.

Perhaps this is born out by the example you gave of not telling someone how strong your feelings were for them.

If the tension in that square can be resolved, Saturn conjunct the DSC can add a binding permanence to relationships.

With this placement of Saturn, I would say that the most important things to do to bring out the best in your one on one relationships are to always maintain the highest ethical standards, face your fears, and never try to take the easy way out.

Saturn is where he is to test us: to make sure we are doing things in accordance with universal law.

When we pass Saturn´s tests, he offers up his gifts to us. In reality, these are just gifts that we earned ourselves.

A well-handled Saturn will often reward our efforts later in life.

Reaping what you sow is rarely an instantaneous process. :3:
July 1, 2019 at 15:34
(Aquarius) she’s intuitive » fishscales
Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. I appreciate it very much. I always thought it was my Pluto square Venus that was causing my heart aches.

I never realized Saturn might be behind it. Everything you mentioned does seem to fit. I take relationships very seriously. I always try to be honest in communications while being tactful at the same time.

When you mentioned resolving the tension in my Sun square Saturn conjunct DSC. Could you please give a few examples of what that might look like?

I think ethically, I am always aware of my behavior (other than when my lith feels like playing around on the dance floor ?) but usually that’s harmless. I’ve always been a natural dancer.

As far as facing my fears and not taking the easy way out, I’d like to understand what that might look like.

A well handled Saturn sounds really good to me ?
July 1, 2019 at 16:03
(Pisces) fishscales » she’s intuitive
I´m not saying that Venus/Pluto has nothing to do with your romantic issues, just that Saturn plays a significant part, sitting right there on your descendant.

Regarding your sun/Saturn square: do you somehow feel that you can´t express your whole self in relationships? Is it possible that on some deep seated level, you have a fear that your relationships actually *will* succeed? Saturn can sometimes show up as what seems like self-sabotage, when in reality it is the universe demanding that something is brought into balance before your own personal desires can be fulfilled.

I´m not sure what you mean when you ask what facing your fears and not taking the easy way out might "look like." Do you mean in an astrological context?

I think when it comes to assessing our fears, the best tool we have is brutal honestly with ourselves. No astrology required. :3:

Still, I´m sure there are some astrological indications of fears that you may have. I would need to take another look at your chart to see if I could find them though. Still, whatever I say or anyone else says, your own honest assessment of your fears is going to be your best and most accurate source of information.
July 1, 2019 at 16:35
I think you hit the nail on the head when you asked if I have a fear that my relationships actually *will* succeed. Most definitely.

As for not facing my fears and taking the easy way out... I was thinking more along the lines of how that might play out in behavior, but I think I’m starting to understand.

I would like to mention that I have 2 Thor’s Hammers that are not reflected in this chart.

Pluto square Venus with Saturn in apex

Saturn square Sun with Pluto in apex

I just recently learned about Thor’s Hammer over the weekend and have been studying it. It seems like this is something I also need to be aware of and try to make conscientious efforts to handle these challenges with grace and awareness.

Do you have any thoughts regarding the placements of TH?

Thank you again for sharing. ?
July 1, 2019 at 16:36
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
Hello Desirai ! :1:

I was looking at The Dominant elements in You chart and see that You have lots of fire and air but little water represented.

I have lots of air and little fire.

I am working on the hypothesis that we choose our partners to make up for a lack of an element.

So You are attracted to Water and myself to Fire to make up for the lack in ourselves.

I also noticed that despite having Aquarius as Your Sun it is actually Sagittarius and fire as Your dominant sign.

Perhaps this is why You are disturbed by fire signs.
You provide plenty of fire Yourself.
July 1, 2019 at 17:10
(Aquarius) she’s intuitive » Leo Moon
Hi Leo Moon! ?

I couldn’t agree with you more, I think we do seek to make up for the lack of missing elements within our makeup.

I feel that water signs posses something emotionally that I deeply crave. Although there are challenges, I’m willing to grow and learn from them.

I never gave any thought to the fact that I’m Sagittarius dominant might be why fire signs could be so disturbing. Although anyone who knows me sees more of my Scorpio rising and perhaps even my Mercury in Capricorn (especially when engaged in conversation)

I think my fiery passionate side comes out more in a raw sense. i.e personal relationships and if I feel the impulse to go into protective mode. Usually protective of others (children, elderly, and animals) I can be very fierce in those situations.

As for you being primarily air and little fire, bringing balance through fire relationships seems it would be more complementary as fire seems to need air to fan the flames ?

Perhaps when the time is right, I’ll find a wonderful water sign who could create some beautiful warm steam from my passionate flames, ?
July 1, 2019 at 17:42
I don´t know too much about Thor´s hammer. Matter of fact, just learned about it through this site a few weeks ago. There´s a thread about it around here somewhere.

The Venus/Pluto/Saturn dynamic in your one TH sounds like it could contribute to some relationship woes though.

"It seems like this is something I also need to be aware of and try to make conscientious efforts to handle these challenges with grace and awareness"

This attitude will certainly help you deal with whatever your chart throws at you. :15:

Sometimes it´s good to look at your aspects like they´re not even "your" aspects. The planets are actors, and the sign they´re in is their costume. The house is where the scene is played out. Try to think of scenarios in which those actors, in their costumes, and on their particular stage, can put on a show with constructive themes. If there are actors playing characters with very little in common that are forced to play a scene together, (planets in hard aspect) try to think of a way that they can get along and work together for the greater good.

Of course, anything done for the greater good is going to also be good for the individual, since the individual and the collective are one in the same thing.

When we think of the energies in the chart in an objective, detached way, it has a tendency to take our own personal desires out of the equation... which can only yield better, purer results.

Sorry if that last part is a bit rambling... We were discussing dealing with our tough aspects, and that method has helped me deal with some of mine.

Always easier to assess a situation when we aren´t smack dab in the middle of it. :1:
July 1, 2019 at 17:58
(Pisces) fishscales » Leo Moon
Definitely something to be said for seeking out the element we are weakest in.

I am also air dominant, and never did well with air dominant women... Too... Much... Thinking!! I always found I could relate to them though, I just didn´t need that kind of energy to compliment me.

I am also pretty low in fire.. Only two placements... And I am definitely attracted to the fiery type of women. This is also helped by my Aries descendant.

Interestingly enough, the element I score lowest in is water, but it´s my sun placement, so I guess that makes up for it a bit.

I need partners who have a watery influence, but don´t get on well with partners that are primarily driven by their emotions... Drives me absolutely nuts.
July 3, 2019 at 17:49
Thanks fishscales,

"Sometimes it´s good to look at your aspects like they´re not even "your" aspects. The planets are actors, and the sign they´re in is their costume. The house is where the scene is played out. Try to think of scenarios in which those actors, in their costumes, and on their particular stage, can put on a show with constructive themes."

I´ve spent the past couple days pondering the idea of actors, costume and stages. Being that I have Neptune, Jupiter and Mars in my 1st house you can say I´ve had a very active mind playing out all kinds of scenarios :20:

I am still a little stumped on the fact that my Saturn sits on my DSC in the 7th house. I´ve been reading that Saturn in the 7th is problematic. However, knowing that I do take relationships very seriously, I´m not so sure that´s a bad thing.

My ex husband from my longest relationship of 16 years says I´m the only person he would trust with his life. He was 12 years older than me so we can see here my Saturn seeking stability which leads to another new discovery... the dreaded Venus in the 2nd house. I think most men cringe when they see that, thinking money hungry. But, as I consider my Saturn placement that shows I take relationships very seriously, and although I do love a comfortable lifestyle and a aesthetically pleasing living space, I would say that stability and security in a relationship has FAR more value than solely seeking financial gain. Thus, this why I´ve been pretty much single for 4 years.

Dated a :182: on and off for 2 of the 4 years, but knew he would never commit. Too young and many of his planets in his 9th house. We had a long distance relationship that just didn´t suit my 7th house :157:
July 3, 2019 at 17:56
I´ve been studying astrology on and off for about 10 years and yet, I feel like I´m constantly learning and have little knowledge. It´s been as of recent that I realize I yearn for emotional connections.(water signs)

I have a question for you... What do you think about the Draconic chart? I think it´s interesting that when I look at my chart it just "feels right".
July 4, 2019 at 03:07
"I am still a little stumped on the fact that my Saturn sits on my DSC in the 7th house. I´ve been reading that Saturn in the 7th is problematic. However, knowing that I do take relationships very seriously, I´m not so sure that´s a bad thing."

I think any planet anywhere can be problematic. It depends on how we are using the energy, and particularly in the case of Saturn, if we respect and accept the energy.

But getting back to the Saturn in the 7th conjunct the DSC, I think that because it usually makes people more judicious and disciplined when it comes to partnerships, it may result in a person having less relationships quantity-wise. Relationships are serious business to most people with that placement, so they´re not likely to just jump into anything. Naturally, this would probably result in less partnerships, but not necessarily in partnerships of lesser quality. If anything, I would say that by doing their due diligence in seeking out a partner, the 7th house Saturn person runs a much higher possibility of scoring a serious, meaningful, lasting relationship. I just think it´s important to not get frustrated with that slow moving Saturn energy that seems to always be delaying things. Better to listen to it, respect it, and be patient. There´s a good chance it will offer up its rewards if you do.

Interesting that your ex husband was 12 years older than you. Pretty much a hallmark of a 7th house Saturn. My wife is 11 years younger than me, and although she doesn´t have Saturn in the 7th, she does have Capricorn ruling the 7th.

I can vouch for the fact that Venus in the 2nd doesn´t make you money hungry. I have Venus in Taurus, which could cause people to assume I´m the same way. In reality, I feel similarly to you... I like the aesthetic stuff (NOT extravagance), the music, the art, the things that money can buy that are associated with those things... But money for money´s sake does not fascinate me.

"Dated a :182: on and off for 2 of the 4 years, but knew he would never commit."

You dated a Pisces that wouldn´t commit??

Can´t say I´ve ever heard of such a thing.

:5:

Sorry, couldn´t help myself. We are indeed among the worst committers, although we can grow out of it...
July 4, 2019 at 20:20
Interesting thing about the :182: gentlemen. He was 9 years younger than me. I had an extremely difficult time wrapping my mind around the concept of being with someone so much younger. I will say in many ways he managed to break down some of my walls and he would bring up marriage from time to time but he had :156: and :155: in his 9th house. His wanderlust and my 7th house :157: got the best of us.

I ended up cutting off that relationship cold turkey, leaving no possible door to ever come through. And for good reason. I found out he had met someone during one of his travels abroad and he would not be honest about it. I knew he wouldn’t come clean. (he’s a Chinese monkey - trickster ? ) So rather than beat my head against a wall I just contacted the girl and asked her to to tell him that I just wanted him to leave me alone.

That ended up being one of the most painful breakups I’ve ever been through but I’m glad I ended it.

I probably should have let Saturn take the lead from the beginning. :1:
July 4, 2019 at 20:55
(Aries) ram_goat » fishscales
I don´t know too much about Thor´s hammer. Matter of fact, just learned about it through this site a few weeks ago. There´s a thread about it around here somewhere.

It was one of Sinem´s posts...

bottom line, the energy of the 2 squares in the hammer´s "head" work themselves out through the house & sign/planet of the hammer´s "handle".

Save you some time & reading there..

For Sinem this means that in her life she is the provider of help & emotional support for others but can´t get any herself. She can create this for others but can´t find her own source.
July 4, 2019 at 22:07
(Pisces) fishscales » ram_goat
What´s the configuration again?... Two squares and a what?
July 4, 2019 at 22:15
No text on the page.

It´s OK, I´ll look it up, just too lazy right now.

Feel like I´m having heatstroke from standing in front of the grill too long. Stupid holidays.
July 4, 2019 at 22:26
(Aries) ram_goat » fishscales
weird link.. what the hell?

I´ll try it again..

https://www.astro.com/astrowiki/en/…

I dunno.. that site is weird.. but their page is good.. short, to the point.
July 4, 2019 at 22:28
:63:
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
July 5, 2019 at 15:49
Here are a couple articles I’ve read. I don’t fully understand the importance of the degrees in the astrology wheel so I would like more understanding on how the hammers in my chart would play out.

Interesting that Steve Jobs and Nelson Mandela both had 2 TH,s also

https://www.starzology.com/thors-ha…

http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/…
July 5, 2019 at 22:54
Draconic chart puts everyone´s NN at 0 degrees Aries, and the chart is said to "begin" with the NN.

I take it that putting the nodes front and center would mean that the Draconic chart highlights our karma.

I´ve read that the Draconic chart indicates who we are at a "soul level." I haven´t really researched it enough to speculate, although I´m automatically leary when I hear things like that.

I do find it interesting that the Draconic chart emphasizes the nodes though--points that I consider extremely important.

I haven´t researched my Draconic chart enough to see if it resonates with me. If you find it resonates with you, I´d say continue exploring it and see what kind of conclusions you come to.

I´m actually pretty taken with the 9th harmonic chart, which is the Western term for the Vedic navamsa chart. It Vedic astrology, the navamsa is said to be second in importance only to the rasi chart--the first harmonic, or "standard" birth chart.

Western astrology says that the 9th harmonic is a dissection of the 9th house, and therefore attributes it to our spiritual progress.

Vedic astrology looks at the navamsa as an indicator of the marriage partner... which I don´t really understand, although it´s fair to say I´m not all that well versed in Vedic astrology.

Regardless, I find my 9th harmonic placements pretty revealing.
July 5, 2019 at 22:56
I will check out those links about Thor´s hammer... Thanks! :37:
July 6, 2019 at 17:42
I’ve studied Vedic astrology a little and understand it to be more absolute vs free will. But I also find there are some aspects that are undeniably accurate.

I’ve never studied anything in regards to the 9th harmonic chart or Vedic Navamsa. It sounds very interesting. I’ll definitely take a look at it :1:
July 6, 2019 at 18:30
I´ve always thought that Vedic astrology was more oriented towards the physical circumstances of one´s life (what happens to us) as opposed to the psychological aspects (what we are.) Just my take on it.

You can draw up your 9th harmonic chart on astro.com.

Interpretive information is pretty scarce though.
July 6, 2019 at 19:47
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
I tend not to respond to these questions, because in a forum like this, we have to treat them in a sort of sound-byte fashion. Ok, this year you are in a first house-Scorpio- profection year. So issues having to do with your body, temperament, and quality of mind...and their improvement are paramount this year through your next birthday. Mars is particularly activated this year. How this expresses itself, I would have to take a closer look. Could be you need to focus on exercise or it could mean you need to look at anger, either your own or that of others being directed at you. Now the first thing that jumps out at me about your chart, given a cursory look, and this is just what jumped out at me is that you have Saturn in 7th house Square a Sun in the 4th house and that Sun is in Adversity in Aquarius. So it might not be something you can do about this year (in three years you can) but possible estrangements or difficulties with your broader ancestors. That Saturn is doing what we call striking a ray against the Sun. So, yeah, there seems to be some problems (in general) with both close relationships and also with your broader family. Maybe even conflicts with your broader family brought on by your romantic relationships or marriage. Just making a generla

You see. This is rather general. You would really need to talk at length with somebody to pin things down. It almost seems cliche but this year you need to work on physical and psychological improvement. And believe me, next year when the profection is different I will tell you something different.
July 13, 2019 at 19:02
Hi fishscales.

I’ve been studying all about harmonics since I read your last post. Wow. It’s like opening Pandora’s box, :3:

Thank you for letting me know about I. I had no idea. I’ve started a new thread hoping to get more insight to what my 9th chart might show. I’d love it if you had any options or thought.

I could also post my Navamsha chart. I’ve been studying that as well!
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »