Leaving Corporate, Entering the Arts

June 26, 2019 at 22:56 (UT/GMT)
(Aquarius) Captain Flint
Leaving Corporate, Entering the Arts
Simply put, I´ve made it very easily in corporate careers, fast promotions.

Hate it, hate the workplace, hate the dynamic, hate the routine, last few years it´s been driving me mad. Very young I was acting; with friends, in grade school - the arts, music, history, class politics - I realised this recently before it was shut down by my father and home life. I debated these were natural talents I may have possessed and wanted but discarded.

I use to draw a great deal, paint, charcoals. I stopped as I developed my corporate career, to where now these things are still stifled and not easy for me to access, but I´m driven to it.

Been very drawn to return to a small theatre group, been taking cello lessons again, and redeveloping my art as it arises.

But I am worried these things are things I am supposed to let go off, and work in corporate. I think my creative desires are stifled because maybe it´s out of alignment with me? I was very well recognised for it as a child externally, but again it was shut down quickly by my father and home life so I can not determine if my South Node was the arts, or that my South Node was to go work in corporate and my North Node will be the arts, etc.

Is there anything in my chart that might show where I need to develop myself in this manner?Or why this tension is so painful for me now?
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 26, 2019 at 22:56
(Aquarius) Captain Flint
Second Chart.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
June 27, 2019 at 02:46
(Pisces) fishscales
I´m not accustomed to reading Vedic charts, but it seems like Rahu, or the north node, is in your 5th house, which rules creativity. So if I´m reading that correctly, it´s not a bad sign.

Is the second group of charts harmonic charts? I don´t know what they´re called in Vedic astrology... I know the 9th harmonic chart is called the navamsa, and the 12th harmonic chart is called a dwad chart for short, but that´s it.

Can I ask why you´re using the Vedic charts for this post? Previous charts that you´ve posted (at least that I´ve seen), have been western.

Nothing against Vedic at all, just wondering why the change.

Astrology aside, I think you´re making a bold choice that I have to applaud. I´m sure you are aware of the financial risks. Even so, I could not bring myself to throw cold water on someone for wanting to leave the corporate world behind to enter (or re-enter) the artistic world.

I hope the universe rewards you for it.

I, for one, would have no problem with a world with less corporations and more art.
June 27, 2019 at 02:56
(Pisces) fishscales
You´re probably concerned that the corporate world is the way to go for you since your NN is in Capricorn. People see Capricorn as the "corporate" sign and all that. I think there´s more to it. To me, Capricorn is more about striving to reach the pinnacle of our place in society, whether we reach it through the corporate world, art, running a day care, or being a chef. It´s about maximizing one of our particular talents, bringing it before the public, and being successful with it. The reason I think Capricorn is often associated with the corporate world is because being successful in that world is often what our society views as "success."
June 27, 2019 at 03:05
(Aries) ram_goat » fishscales
Many common descriptions are quite lame brained.
June 27, 2019 at 03:19
(Gemini) pneumadeux
I was immediately captivated by your revelations as they mirror(ed) mine for so very long.

As a child, I was an artist. Never ever thought I’d do anything else other than capture, reveal, share, and express what I saw about the world and the universe to others. It was as pure and powerful a flow in me as chlorophyl in a healthy, beautiful flower.

I was encouraged by an art teacher in high school shortly before graduation to “go corporate.” So powerful was this influence that I turned down a full tuition scholarship to a fine arts university.

And I have a terrible weakness for cellists. :)

The first thing that lept out when I saw your chart was Chiron sitting it’s fat ass smack dab on top of your Midheaven. Chiron…the unhealable wound; Chiron, that ache that never goes away, but because you feel it and work on it endlessly causes you to have compassion for others in a similar place. With Chiron on the Midheaven you’ll always have that nagging second-guessing about your career. And oh how I hate how we’ve westernized that word.

The Midheaven is what you literally look up to. It’s what you respect most. It’s what you desperately want to be when you grow up — and I pray earnestly that you never, ever grow up, but that you always dream and strive and reach for that which you respect most.

And it sounds from your post that creative expression is what you respect and are dazzled by most.

You need, no…you MUST learn to live with this ache.

The creative ache.

It is the proverbial thorn in your side that will spur you to greatness.

How do I know this, other than from personal experience?

Because you have Zeus himself, Jupiter, also in your Midheaven’s 10th house, driving this dream, expanding it.

What’s more, your Aquarian Sun, a humanity-loving, expressive personality driver is in the most creative of all houses…the 5th, and it’s in a harmonious, energetic trine with your Ascendant in Libra. This means that you literally radiate the beauty that you wish to express, creatively. Your inner Aquarian personality and your external, peaceful, harmony-loving Libran “cloak” are powerfully aligned.

And yes, your North Node is in the creative 5th. Your Leo South Node shows us that you can always “fall back” on your corporate networking. That’s a blessing and a curse. The curse is that it’s always there for you…despite your loathing for it. The fact that your Part of Fortune is there doesn’t mean you need to “stay corporate,” it means you can use your friends and contacts to buttress your North Node creative dream.

I could go on.

But that’s enough.

You were born to be an artist: be it visual, theatrical, musical... or all of the above.

Relax into your creative Self.

Dazzle us.
June 27, 2019 at 03:31
(Pisces) fishscales » ram_goat
Yes, rehashes of the same endlessly repeated crap, making Caps sound like they wear a suit and tie 24-7.

I´ve known plenty of Caps or Cap influenced folks that weren´t interested in the corporate or executive world at all, but were artisans in their chosen field.

Yes, most of them did it through a serious and steady perseverance, but the fields they chose to attain mastery in were wide ranging.

To me, mastering your place in the world is what Capricorn is all about, not a specific thing you do to master your place in the world.
June 27, 2019 at 03:46
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
Yup. I completely get where You are coming from.
As a person to whom music is a calling I have , and do , face the “proper and sensible” path versus the artistic.

I would say if You don’t have kids take the leap.
You are 29 and have a long way to go.
It seems Your ease in the corporate world will still be there in a few years if You choose to jump back to it.

Art is often it’s own and only reward.
You know in Your heart if it is calling You!
Whatever You do I wish You the best!
June 27, 2019 at 04:41
(Aquarius) Captain Flint » fishscales
Thank you for your post and reviewing my information. I posted Vedic this round because I recieved better information that shook me up recently in Vedic approaches. One particular study was Rahu conjunct Sun and in 5th, it explained for me a great majority of my life from childhood up and then I began to review some things in pieces, further.

I struggled to find such good approaches with Western in this specific case but I do believe both have valuable information and use, so, covering bases with Vedic.

What stresses me is corporate I easily know what I´m doing, but am miserable, to the point now the stress physically hurts and the anger is so unhealthy, it´s despondent. A lot of revelations have come to me from the pain of it though, simply I´m not respecting myself, my drive and energy if this is the repeated end result. Money was rarely my focus save for eating, some luxuries to reward myself but, I was more shocked at how I came to so much from so little the ´classic´ way of achieving in the world. It also has always felt, off, inauthentic to my true self, but understanding my wants and myself has been skewed and hard for me to process. Rahu on Sun helped explain this a bit further.

I am so, alive in the expression of music, and performing, I can´t deny there has to be some truth in it for me, even if it does not see a hard monetary achievement that is a risk I am fully going to take now because, I would rather be dead than sit at a desk hating myself and my tasks, and I´m thankful I suffered the ´success´ of corporate early to know, it was the wrong success, and that that doesn´t feed my own soul here. I cant grantee my art and music will be worth a damn but, to me, it will be, and really its taking my own self and nurturing it now. And that can be terrifying under the circumstances.
June 27, 2019 at 04:49
(Aquarius) Captain Flint » pneumadeux
I felt a real pain in my chest when you said you went for corporate over fine arts but I think it has it´s own wisdom - because you know, fully, and knowing to me is freeing. I´m personally thankful I won´t doubt, when I proceed on this new journey, how much corporate is NOT the answer.

As you said I also have the instinct I´ll be ´taken care of´. I have very well established companies on my resume, and many connections within and out to resort to for support if things go poorly. Granted it´d be tedious, stressful, and a bit challenging but I came from nothing I´m sure to do it again in that front. So it´s affirming to see it in my chart, puts faith in these systems a bit more.

I am grateful for you taking the time to read my charts and give me this feedback, I really needed this advice. Everything has been turned upside down for me and I´m both excited and overwhelmed.

That thorn you speak of, is a literal ache. From friends who could express themselves creatively tormenting my heart, to hearing music and wishing I could express myself through it and feeling deaf, blind and handicapped to it, fighting myself and resorting to the idea being stupid and to stick to corporate. Feel a million things trapped in this rigid mentality dying, killing me because it needs out to be visualsed, heard, expressed. And moreso my mind needs so, much, more. Work is like sharpening pencils every day, over and over, my soul doesn´t care about these things, and I just can´t deny it anymore.

I am inspired again to know it´s there for me, and I will find some happiness in it. Thank you!

Do you indulge creatively now in your life? What makes you fond of celloists- do you play?
June 27, 2019 at 04:51
(Aquarius) Captain Flint » Leo Moon
Its disturbing how good I have it to launch off of and develop myself.

My career reduced me to weekends, 12 hours, and on call Monday Tuesday. I have copious amounts of time to develop myself, my soul, my art, all of it.

No kids. Live alone, single, just my two cats. My space, and fairly secure so long as my employer maintains.

As for it being its own reward, its all I want. I cant live for anyone else but what my heart wants right now, and its like I stuffed that so deep so far away for so long its back with a vengeance to where my health suffers if I ignore it.

In it to win it now.

Thanks!
June 27, 2019 at 05:07
(Pisces) fishscales » Captain Flint
You know, it sounds like all this stuff has been welling up inside of you for so long that you kinda HAVE to go for it. I think you´d be doing yourself a great disservice if you did not.

I know you like classical music, so real art is a part of your consciousness. The world needs more of that, and it sounds like you do too.

I like how you said you´re glad you suffered the "success" of corporate life early. Best thing I´ve heard all day, and it shows you understand and value the difference between what the world says success is, and what you feel success is. More importantly than that, you´re willing to act on that belief.

You said you´re afraid, but the greatest rewards are earned when we face and conquer what we are afraid of. The bigger the fear conquered, the bigger the payoff.

I wish you all the best. It takes a brave soul to follow their heart.
June 27, 2019 at 05:34
(Cancer) Trevor
Hello There Sir! very interesting question,

well aslong as you got the right birthday in your profile, your Incredibly Suited to a Music Career.

You have Neptune conjunct Mercury :159: :191: :153:, on the Angle of your chart, many musicians, actors and writers have this aspect it gives Creativity and Imagination, and in your case its very strong! being close to the Ic only 1 degree orb.

If thats not enough to convince you, check out fortuna in Leo, a very artistic placement indeed, Libra midheaven gives a passion for aesthetics so maybd where your drawing comes from, but Id recommend the Theater in general.

Another strong indicator is Moon in Pisces, as Pisces careers are well suited to the Arts and Music its ruled by neptune to, and you have strong intuition and imagination, a dreamer aswell not in a negative sense, but you prob naturally daydream bout things.

your success in corporate is down to many planets in capricorn channeling jupiter in house of expansion, this brings lots of luck in your aspirations and education

Leo on your 11th house can show you aspire to become an artist too

You also have a prominent Mercury, so you could be a writer if you wanted

Cancer midheaven is very creative in a poetic sense, the well appreciated song artist eva cassidy had cancer midheaven, and as mentioned Aquarius is very Creative in General as its naturally in this sign to bring new Ideas to the table which leads humanity in a new direction and Aquarius is very inspirational too.

Hope helps! :15:
June 27, 2019 at 09:44
(Gemini) pneumadeux » Captain Flint
After turning down the fine arts scholarship, I enrolled in a graphic design for advertising curriculum. That path included, among other things, commercial photography.

Ever since, I’ve used that education to fuel my work as a fine art and editorial photographer. It doesn’t pay the bills, but it feeds my soul. Here you go: www.samlowephoto.com

The cello: I put it alongside the oboe for its ability to express longing, musically. However, it’s more visceral. And to put it bluntly, sexy. No, I don’t play, but I admire. Gustav Mahler is one of my personal heroes — to play the cello in an orchestra during his symphonies would be, to me, a transcendent experience. Brahms also...
June 27, 2019 at 10:26
(Sagittarius) GoldenLion5
I would think the Mercury in Capricorn, Venus in Capricorn, Mars in Capricorn, Saturn in Capricorn, Uranus in Capricorn, Neptune in Capricorn is all you Corporation, Networking, Entrepreneur, Advertising, Marketing qualities. Since Capricorn tends to be all your structured environments in society, organization, restrictions, rules, laws, climbing the corporate ladder in any business, non-profit organization, agency, or corporations. You’re built to manage these types of environments. Power pack.
Your artist comes from the Moon in Pisces, Sun in Aquarius, and North Node Aquarius. Fortune Leo might influence that a bit. But mainly you’re on the Capricorn/Cancer axis which really I don’t feel is much to do with the arts, creativity, ruled by Saturn.
If you listen to some of Jordan Peterson’s video’s and take the Big 5 personality, you will see the difference between someone like me who is INFJ, Innovator, creative, and visionary, and really we are the one’s that might walk in a neighborhood and see a line of empty stores and vandalized, and turn into to something more profitable, and then someone like you comes along and says, hey I might be able to do something with it now and expand that creativity.
Which you have North Node Aquarius like me, and Sun in Aquarius, but whether you use it in the same way I don’t have a clue, since I’m INFJ personality type, and Jordan Peterson speaks about how people like me get down played in society by those who are more like you with all that Capricorn.
If you can learn to use combine the two you might be able to do something marvelous. I think you’d have to surrender a lot of Saturn or self-limited beliefs though and restrictions you put on yourself. I have no idea what it’s like to have that much Capricorn, but really it can be quite limiting.
You’d have to put yourself in a creative atmosphere, hang around a lot of creative people and stretch your mind because art is abstract where Capricorn may be more concrete thinking.
Sure, you can do anything you put your mind too, but it’s hanging around a lot of artists and training your brain to use the right side instead of the left side. Art is intuitive, metaphoric, symbols, meaning, and taking anything and transforming it into something new.

I know Capricorns really are about fashion, how they look, and might be your Libra Ascendant ruled by Venus that gives you some artistic stuff.

Nothing wrong with experimenting, but like I stated, you´d have to put yourself in the environment. Event sitting in the art museum, art festivals, arts/craft shows, and really push yourself to reach a different way of seeing things.

It´s like any other muscle, if you don´t use it, you lose it.
June 27, 2019 at 15:00
(Aries) nutelina
From a practical standpoint I´m glad I did try it in arts and I laughed when I found out it´s actually an economic tendency.. Economic? Well let me explain: If you don´t have something but it looks tempting, you want it. If you have enough of it you would trade it for something else you need or is tempting.

For me this was it with art, I love art, I love doing it but I´m glad I don´t depend on it since that would make me unhappy.. Couldn´t compromise on what I love.

My South node is Pisces..
June 27, 2019 at 16:38
(Aquarius) Captain Flint » GoldenLion5
If creativity is a muscle, that you lose, why do you then take MBTI which is a fixed system and state "I am creative because I am intuitive." Anyone intuitive then, whether they shat on their creativity for a life time or not, can pick it up again.

You have articulated to me what is the typical resentment of Te in the world, which is spoken best by someone employing high stack Fi. I´m not foreign to this undertone, of the Fi dominant feeling so oppressed by the Te world.

INXJs also, for their inferior Se, but one has Te to employ, the other has enough Ti and Fe to have argued their case better than you could have, it would have used far less of itself as an example repeatedly, and not been as narrow minded to see "This man is Capricorn therefore he has the creative ability of a cave rock." Your subjective perspectives have limited your reasoning ability.

I do think IXFP for you, absolutely. The sort of example you provided for turning a creative business was very Ne in particular.

Ni-Ti does not forget it isn´t the only one on this rock with intuition.

Also, classic rule of thumb in a pattern trend - anyone claiming INFJ that many times as you have on this website, isn´t an INFJ. But Fi needs us to know it, and if it makes you feel better believing you are one, by all means carry on.

I have been helped by a very close friend, who is in fact one of these types, and they´re a very rare breed. Their vision is so great, they see the true potential in all things, in a way you have exhibited otherwise.

I don´t care for fashion save for myself and some time period outfits, reenactments, etc.

I stated exactly my interests. The cello, theatre, to which you overlooked entirely and put me into a box. I was selling my artwork between 15-23 and expanding on it as it phased out. Capricorn in 4th, loves the classics. Corporate can go fuck itself. As for climbing that sure, very easy for me. Metered no limits on my creative abilities in my youth.

Existing so long in it, has. And I will agree to the point of Saturn is a strong influence to not want to release a death grip on the idea of turning every endeavor to a profit, a goal to be met, therefore it all needs a goal. But even then, it is crowded by my Venus and touched by my Moon, and resides in the house of the Moon, and loves taking my free time and expanding upon a personal skill therefore supporting the endeavour of mastering the cello, performing, etc. It does not serve so much to undo me in my art. It does like order in my work. M

But thank you for your time. Yes, hanging with others in this sort of thing would help, but I don´t think exactly your sort that seeks to grasp loose points and narrowly fix them with no potential further.

My advice to you is, less narrow mindedness and self promoting, it seems to have distorted your ability to see effectively in these systems and you have a great potential beyond it.
June 27, 2019 at 17:09
(Aquarius) Captain Flint » pneumadeux
Vivaldi made some outstanding work for the Cello that I really enjoy, especially the Bassoon combinations.

Cello pieces like this, also:
YouTube
YouTube
June 28, 2019 at 15:20
(Pisces) TimeSciences » Captain Flint
That was a lovely solo! ´That said and knowing the reality of ´doing things my way´ contrary to others expectations from late teens onward taught me even through failures hidden from those in my immediate family who laughed at my dreams that in the end it is completely worth it to stick to your dreams no matter the cost (at one point I was truly struggling and starving self employed with actual dents running across half my fingernails from self imposed ´one meal and a half´ eating over about a year of hard times three years into my goals to make ends meet in my determination)
I say, ´Do It No Matter What!´ and good luck!
PS: This followed the Cello solo. I don´t know anything about the artist, but he is certainly inspiring and living his art!
https://m.youtube.com/watch/…
When a professional musician sits down at a public piano...
YouTube
YouTube
September 22, 2019 at 01:57
(Cancer) Andrea1207
Take a leap of faith into the unknown. Don´t doubt yourself. Let go of the fear, fear is illusionary 😱 Go for it and make yourself feel better and happier. Love yourself, please yourself, pat yourself on the shoulder and look in the mirror and give yourself a good smile at all your achievements and if you´re religious thank the creator for getting you this far 😊. All answers are divinely timed!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2019
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »