Midheaven at 29°

June 20, 2019 at 18:11 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) SSSSireen
Midheaven at 29°
My midheaven is at 29° Sagittarius (thus my IC is 29° Gemini). Reading about a Sag midheaven sounds neat and fun but I don’t feel like I’m on track for it. Is it the degree? Is it because my Neptune is Sag (9th House) and having a Pisces ascendant just keeps me daydreaming about it? I could use some insight.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 20, 2019 at 19:52
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yes there is a lot of dreaming involved here. You want big things but somehow difficult to put too much effort into achieving them. It has to be something creative in order for you to have the will and discipline to work for it. Can`t make a detailed plan and stick to it.
June 21, 2019 at 08:56
(Gemini) BR
I feel like I have the same issue (Pisces ASC & 24 deg. Sag MC), I don´t feel prepared enough because I get too distracted from the daydreaming. Like Olenna said, there´s trouble creating a plan and sticking to it. Perhaps it may be an issue for all Pisces asc and Sag mc people because it creates conflict between the two signs and their themes.
June 21, 2019 at 09:55
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » BR
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
It`s not a Pisces rising thing, it`s a combination of things that have same results. Like in her case Jupiter/Neptune opposition, Neptune near MC plus Pisces rising. If one has other more realistic aspects or placements it cancels some of the dreaming, foggy nature. A strong Saturn or lots of earth for example will help.
June 22, 2019 at 02:58
(Leo) HeavenSent
With your MC at 29 degrees Sagittarius, major transformations related to how you are publicly perceived are going to play out for you, if they haven´t already.

Your chart Ruler´s placement near the summit of your chart ensures this.

Whatever happens, it is likely to be intense, and also beautiful, given Neptune´s opposition to its dispositor, Jupiter, and Neptune´s grand trine involving your Mars-Venus conjunction in I.

I can relate, as I, too, have Pisces rising and MC at the anaretic degree of Sagittarius. Also, I agree completely with the comment about Pisces rising people investing (too) much energy into daydreaming!
June 22, 2019 at 03:19
(Aries) ram_goat » HeavenSent
Any thoughts on Suns in anaretic degrees? Mine is 29.23 degrees Aries..

My pluto in virgo is also at 29.54
June 22, 2019 at 05:37
(Leo) HeavenSent » ram_goat
Just saw this on my way out. Will have a look when I´m back.
June 22, 2019 at 05:45
no prob.. thanks for looking..
June 22, 2019 at 19:28
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Those of us with Ascendant in close square to the Midheaven have the reassurance that the equal-house chart is not too much different.
I have good reason to keep the Placidus 28 degree of Taurus Mid-heaven because tenth house ´intercepts´ :173: in Placidus, but it is more shine than reality.
My mother has a double biquintile from :199: to Asc. & MC; Astrology would be good to her if she believed in it.
Your MC is trine music, Astrology, and Painting. :30: :30:
June 22, 2019 at 21:05
(Taurus) Theo Mcgee
omg twins!!! I have the exact same thing and I know what you mean!! I daydream about my future all the time, and it sucks because I also have uranus in the 11th house which makes all of my plans pretty much go left field. The fact that I try to plan things in my life but then get destroyed right afterwards immediately is annoying as heck.

But a quick back story

I went off to college right after highschool but I dropped out when Saturn was Conjunct my Midheaven. Since then, I´ve been having a relaxing time at home refining anything I need to refine. And the fact my south node is in the 6th house makes things even harder to maintain as a structured routine.

But honestly, I have no idea what Im gonna end up doing. And it´s mainly because I simply can´t decide. A lot of placements in my chart make up for where I´m at right now but nonethless, I´m 98% sure im headed towards the right direction.
June 22, 2019 at 23:29
Wow. With Lilith and your Part of Fortune crowning your Mid Heaven, your Sun at 29 degrees, Pluto (intercepted) at 29 degrees in VIII, Mars conjunct Venus, your Nodes in critical degrees, Sun opposing Lilith, and your Moon in dominium conjunct Descendant, well... your chart has "intense" written all over it.

You are truly blessed to have Jupiter beautifully watching over you in your XII House, and your Part of Fortune at 1 degree Scorpio. The PoF will tend to mute the harsher aspects of Scorpio for you, and Jupiter hidden in XII is like having a tribe of watchful guardian angels poised to swoop in at the 11th hour and rescue you from crisis. Jupiter there is powerful, spiritually. But be careful - it can also intensify a tendency to go to extremes in self-defeating behaviors.

Planets at 29 degrees tend to be associated with crisis, and Pluto at 29 degrees is intense. It can decimate, but it can also fuel you with immense personal power.

The 29th degree is said to be karmic; in your case, whatever happens with this pure and powerful Plutonian energy is deeply so, given that it is tightly aspecting your nodal axis, and, is in its natural house VIII. So, obviously, VIII house / Plutonian / Scorpionic issues are hugely emphasized for you.

I am interested in collecting anecdotal data on the 29th degree. I would be interested in your observations and insights.
June 23, 2019 at 00:13
Wow, thanks for the reading. Do you mean I am an intense person or that I am living through intense times? Feels like the latter these past few years. A lot of intense stuff going on in my life. Interpersonal relationships with very negative Pluto themes in them. Maybe it means get away from these people, I am starting to believe, and slowly acting upon.

Strangely I do feel the Jupiter influence and I am very grateful for that.
In earlier years I got out of many scrapes fairly easily, more easily than I deserved to, honestly. Knowing I deserved much worse punishment or consequences than I actually received made me change my ways, think about things, feel remorse, act differently. In some ways, not paying the full price for your deeds is the same psychological trick interrogators use, where they beat the innocent in front of the eyes of the person who has the information they want. Harm others in front of them, while not touching them, to make them "change" or give up the information. Many times I have had that feeling in my life. Talk about guilt and remorse it brings up in you for the bad things you have done..

It might be just as wrongheaded, but at least when you are punished proportionally to your deeds you feel like you "paid your debt"... Hope that helps someone else out there with the same placement.

And yes, it truly is a blessing. It only ends up the way I describe above when I am being a bad guy.

"it can also intensify a tendency to go to extremes in self-defeating behaviors."

I never attributed that to Jup, but I will think about it.

"Planets at 29 degrees tend to be associated with crisis, and Pluto at 29 degrees is intense. It can decimate, but it can also fuel you with immense personal power."

Feels mostly like decimation these past few years, has not been a good time in my life.
Maybe immense personal power will come of it... at some point...
June 23, 2019 at 03:48
You are very welcome. I consider it a privilege to be given the opportunity to look into people´s charts. It´s like peering at karmic DNA. Very personal.

I was wondering the very question you asked: is this the chart of an intense person or is it that the life events are intense? You answered the question...

Yes, your Jupiter is protecting you.

Also: Jupiter in XII is said to indicate a life of religious seclusion in your most recent prior incarnation. You may have led a life of religious devotion in a monastery. You amassed significant good karma, spiritually.

Also: Sun at 29 tends to bring crisis, and sometimes tragedy, in the first couple of years of life, due to your Sun progressing through that degree and entering the next sign...in your case, Taurus... so, Taurus themes colored the first thirty years of your life... From 30 to 60, your Sun is progressing through Gemini, so your personality and life themes have been taking on Gemini tones... Do you find that you are understanding, and experiencing, duality in core things? Perhaps living two different lifestyles? Having two homes? Two identities? Etc.

I´m sorry to hear you´ve been having a heavy time. It look like you signed up for an extreme ride in some ways. I´m not shocked that you say you´ve experienced decimation. But yes, I think Pluto is very likely to turn things around for you, ultimately.

Meanwhile, your progressed Ascendant is in Pisces, with its Ruler, Neptune, also in Pisces, and conjunct your Ascendant, by transit... What this means is that you are doubly living out Piscean themes, among which can mean victimization, susceptibility to absorbing, without barriers, energies from all around you, including negative predatorial energies... It also means people tend not to see the authentic you... They see instead a more illusory idea of who you are... On the plus side, you are spiritual, esoteric, sensitive, artistic, etc.

I also see that you have an intense amount of concentrated activity and planetary energy in Gemini, via progression, which is impacting your Natal V House. You may feel like you kind of have multiple personalities (not merely dual) when it comes to V House stuff... Romance, kids, self-expression, etc. Your progressed Sun and Mercury are conjoining your Natal Mars and Venus conjunction, so I´m guessing this Gemini multiplicity stuff is really affecting your relationships and private life.

Difficulties you are experiencing these years also relate to progressed Saturn riding your Natal Ascendant, and, progressed Nodes conjunct your Natal Ascendant-Descendant axis. Yes, intense. I keep saying that word, but that´s what it is.

This discussion is interesting and relevant to your progressed chart:

http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/…

Maybe you are feeling a similar new chapter on the horizon?

Your Nodal axis holds the key to growing strong. I´d encourage you to read up on the Aquarius-Leo, I & VII axes, and reflect deeply on how to go after what you need to do in order to actualize your North Node potential. As you approach 50, too, Chiron will step out of the shadows and confront you with your core primal wound - or you will confront him... Depends on how much work you put into preparing for your Chiron Return in the years leading up to that... I think you are 47-ish? So now is exactly the time to start doing the inner healing work in preparation for your Chiron Return.
June 23, 2019 at 04:08
I was wondering the very question you asked: is this the chart of an intense person or is it that the life events are intense? You answered the question...

I think both are true, but I don´t like to say I am an intense person, because then begins all the same kind of wally-wanking that goes on around the "mysterious scorpio" conversation.. it´s really something quite ordinary, if you are this way, you are this way, and it is not something to be desired or disdained.. better just to learn to use it constructively.

really not something to be envied or desired in any degree other than what each one naturally possesses already, to whatever degree.

thanks for the reply, got to go now, I will add more later...
June 23, 2019 at 17:59
(Gemini) SSSSireen » HeavenSent
First of all, thank you (and the rest of y´all) for providing insight to my inquiry. But now I´m curious about these "critical degrees". My sweetheart, for instance, has his Sun at 0° Leo and his Saturn at 29° Leo.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
June 24, 2019 at 03:02
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » SSSSireen
:151: semi-sextile :157: with possible satellite in :176:, that is hard to peg properly!
June 24, 2019 at 12:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ram_goat
System message: Post has been written by user zodicat, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
The most apt description I´ve found that seems to be fitting of the influence of an anaretic degree is a pervasive feeling of urgency - often feeling oneself as being on the brink, so to say - toward some manifest destiny associated with the planet/sign/house of the anaretic placement.
June 24, 2019 at 18:40
>>Also: Jupiter in XII is said to indicate a life of religious seclusion in your most recent prior incarnation. You may have led a life of religious devotion in a monastery.

Interesting. I always felt a draw towards religious people and life. I knew it was not the life for me, but I wanted to understand them, what motivated them, what made them get up every day and live that life over and over. Maybe that is just the mere intellectualizing of my current ego. Maybe it is an older deeper familiarity.. "brothers" of a sorts.. Again, a strange draw, hard to put into words. Perhaps something like Plato´s myth of Er where the dead warrior recognizes his own shield hanging in the temple of Diana after his death & reincarnation. I have criss crossed paths with this all my life. I am not a religious person in my daily life. I did grow up with a lot of it around me.. Catholic Schools all my life..

>>You amassed significant good karma, spiritually.

Always nice to know... I think in this life I may have squandered some of
it, foolishly, doing foolish things across my entire life.

>> Taurus themes colored the first thirty years of your life...

Yes, especially in the early years. Lots of tumult and instability at home.
Bad emotional climate. Extreme ups & downs in material things. Arguing parents whose style and issues were very Taurus/Scorpio like, even if the two individuals themselves were not.. power, control, money issues. Emotionally chaotic people. Manipulative. Stubborn. Forceful. Violent. Damaged. Tense, not peaceful.

What are some other Taurus themes? Those are all I can think of.

>>From 30 to 60, your Sun is progressing through Gemini, so your personality and life themes
>>have been taking on Gemini tones... Do you find that you are understanding, and
>>experiencing, duality in core things? Perhaps living two different lifestyles? Having two
>>homes? Two identities? Etc.

Yes. But my experience of it does not follow the "standard" narrative or imagery of "two of this,
two of that.." It is more subtle. Not always outwardly visible in the form of "pairs of things"
which is the usual language that gets used. It is only metaphor and at a certain point the imagery
fails in all metaphor.

Someone in here said somewhere else that they belived Gemini was about balancing polarities..

If I take that approach, it is more fruitful than trying to look for "twos".

I have made a lot of career changes since 30.. bouncing around doing totally unrelated things, some "gemini" in nature.. some "cancerian", some "aquarian" others perhaps more "scorpionic", in that order, approximately. I lost interest in all of them, bored of the culture of the various occupations, if not the work itself. But the work itself in each case also became tedious too. I felt I had learned what each had to teach me. In the earlier Taurus phase of life, I used to slave away at things I didn´t like, in the hopes that in some "bright new tomorrow" it would all make sense and my unhappiness would pay off and I would
attain happiness in the future I denied myself in the present. Around age 30 I cast this attitude off. It hadn´t been working for many years anyway. It seemed like time for a change.

I do feel like there is a talent within me that I have not yet realized.. that may be the "polarity" part of this chapter.. and all the bouncing around is an attempt to define it and balance it. All the work has been fundamentally technical in nature with a strong element of talking to people, communicating..

There have also been some random "pairs" of things that have come and gone but they are not very significant I think. Trifling things. On a deeper level, I would say I feel like there are 2 lives in me that I am living and trying to harmonize.. the one the world demands of me, and the life I really want to be living. Yes everyone has this problem at some point, so there is nothing special about it with me. I know this too. Under Taurus it was easier to live this out. I was younger, I had all the time in the world, and all the unhappiness caused by this tension was just the "cost of doing business" or the price of living in this world and it would all pay off someday anyway in some "bright new tomorrow" I vaguely imagined in my head. I would work hard and play hard. That seemed like balance. On the weekend make up for all the week took out of me, spiritually, etc. That seemed sensible at the time and at that age.

Under gemini, I think about this with more subtlety. Living a more balanced life. Excess or denial was the cure to all things in the Taurus years.. and usually excess more often. Material things were always the answer. But that wears on the spirit too. Tiresome. Makes one weary. I needed better values. More balanced, rational. This became more a theme in the Gemini years and still is.
I can´t say I have found that balance yet, but the balance point seems always to be shifting on me. Like twins arguing.

So two identities, in a sense. Two faces, one I show to the world, the other one I keep private and do not
even understand myself, completely. The one I show the world in real life, in the workaday world, is what is left of my crumbling "Taurus phase" persona, aged and weathered a bit, but also slowly falling apart.. (I know this, I am not sure how much it shows on the outside..) It is an outworn way of being, but it brought me success in the past, if not happiness. Sometimes happiness must wait, for practical reasons. The other one is evolving and a bit of a mystery to me, too.
Kind of scary and unsettling. The old "me" I knew how much happiness, pain, uncertainty it could bear. This new one
is an unknown. More? Less? or just different? I am still figuring that out. Pluto transits are sure er.."helping"
me in this regard.. and when those pluto transits are all over I can say, I hope never to be so "inspired" again... ever

Gemini stuff is hard for me to write about. It is one sign I never understood well, never knew many of them, ever. I have to work hard to understand my own Gemmi nature, and I can´t say my knowledge is complete at all. I have learned a lot from the many Gemmis I have crossed paths with in here.

And as I said, there may be some other things involving "twos" in my life but at this point I think they are superficial things. I am trying to shoot for the deeper stuff.. and maybe also come to understand the deeper side of Gemini better. There is a deep aspect to Gemini, as I have learned from the many in here.

I was thinking at the start that these might easily be confused with Libran themes, and I thought about the ways that Gemini "two" differs from Libran "two". They look a lot alike at some levels. But I think the Gemini flavor revolves around issues of the duality of the self, not partnership and relationships. It is weird terrain, takes a sign with a hard intellectual edge to it, to demarcate and delineate the territory in that vast space. It is also different than "Libran issues, just confined within the ´self´ instead of in relationships.." which was another thought I had in the beginning. Not at all the same thing. Totally different issues on the inside. Not the same issues of justice and fairness as are present with Libra. It is not possible to be "unfair" with oneself, but it is possible to be "imbalanced"... on the inside.

So yes, some progressed Gemini issues, but subtle. Intricate. Gemini descriptions don´t always give the sign it´s proper due of respect. But we all like to wank in here about the "mysterious Scorpio"..

>>But yes, I think Pluto is very likely to turn things around for you, ultimately.

One can only hope.. It wasn´t always like this. I remember happier times when I had not
a care in the world. I was young, money flowed, no problems except those I made myself, and even those I had some jupiterian luck with..

I have heard pluto described as the "home inspector". He´s the "bob the builder" looking guy i the overalls who checks your house from attic to cellar. He finds the roof leak, the leaking pipe, the rotted part of the structure. You don´t have to repair these things, but he points them out to you, and you know the consequences of not fixing them. Even the traumatic things can fall under & fit this description. It is our own attachment to grief that makes them traumatic. We create the trauma within ourselves to a degree. This too is one of plutos lessons. Pluto has very few good pupils, though.. in the world.

Just the same, it will be nice to see the end of these transits. It´s been a long road and it isn´t close to finished.

>>Meanwhile, your progressed Ascendant is in Pisces, with its Ruler, Neptune, also in Pisces, and conjunct your >>Ascendant, by transit... What this means is that you are doubly living out Piscean themes, among which can mean >>victimization, susceptibility to absorbing, without barriers, energies from all around you, including negative >>predatorial energies... It also means people tend not to see the authentic you... They see instead a more illusory >>idea of who you are... On the plus side, you are spiritual, esoteric, sensitive, artistic, etc.

Yep, I am living out all those piscean themes lately.. past year particularly intense.
A lot of predatory treacherous energy coming from women around me in my immediate environment,
particularly (not online stuff.. I mean directly around me in my life in the immediate place where
I live.. not related to forums etc..real world stuff..real world, face to face people and
interactions.) Often downright vicious.

The nasty predatorial stuff has been particularly shocking. Totally blindsided by it.
I won´t go into great detail because it is private stuff I don´t wish to share here in precise
detail, but I will share as much as I think is needed to affirm the point or illustrate it generally, but not too specifically.

I associated this with pluto, not neptune so I will have to rethink my ideas.

Absorbing energies- yes. This has been a mixed bag. Some people´s energies are quite beautiful. Other people´s quite ugly and terrible. The beauty of the beautiful ones more than makes up for the others. But negative people are still unpleasant. There are some truly beautiful people in the world.

>>It also means people tend not to see the authentic you... They see instead a >>more illusory idea of who you are...

Yes, I feel like right now this is drawing the cruel and predatory female energy
into my life, and generally causing (real life) people to turn on me, often attacking, or passively just turning away, but negatively. Thinking negtively about who it is they think they see/know. But it is their illusion.

>>On the plus side, you are spiritual,
>>esoteric, sensitive, artistic, etc.

Yes, always was these things. It has been a comfort in these times. One of a very few available to me right now.

>>I also see that you have an intense amount of concentrated activity and planetary energy in >>Gemini, via progression, which is impacting your Natal V House. You may feel like you kind of >>have multiple personalities (not merely dual) when it comes to V House stuff... Romance, kids, >>self-expression, etc. Your progressed Sun and Mercury are conjoining your Natal Mars and Venus >>conjunction, so I´m guessing this Gemini multiplicity stuff is really affecting your >>relationships and private life.

Yes, but "multiple personalities" is a very loaded term. It connotes mental illness. I have always had a bit of this 5th house stuff you describe.. I always felt it not just now. I want to move away from that term "multiple personalities" because I think it leads people astray. leads their understanding astray.. takes them down a wrong pathway. Like an actor of a sorts, I have always had different.. "modalities" lets say, to draw upon- different approaches I could take when analyzing a problem or something.. be kind, be stern, be this personality or that. But it was purely a construct of the mind, not a deep compulsion or a disorder like "multiple personalities".. Lets just say I am capable of a "versatile multiplicity of outlooks" on things and a versatility of approaches towards solving various problems. Always was this way. It is nothing new. These transits I feel are pulling me to integrate all this, err.. "inner versatility" into something more coherent and structured and organized, and maybe even discard some aspects of it altogether, as outdated or outgrown, if that makes sense to anyone. Toning down the provocative outrageous humor.. for example. This I do in real life more than in here, and if you saw me in real life you might be surprised how downbeat and reserved I am in person. But this place is an outlet for some of that, even as I recognize that this "modality´s" days may be numbered..

>>so I´m guessing this Gemini multiplicity stuff is really affecting your relationships and private life.

Yes. I am different than before.. changing, transforming. Combine that with the neptune aspects
and I think people feel like they don´t know me anymore. And they are partly correct in this.

>>Difficulties you are experiencing these years also relate to progressed Saturn riding your Natal >>Ascendant, and, progressed Nodes conjunct your Natal Ascendant-Descendant axis. Yes, intense. I keep >>saying that word, but that´s what it is.

Yes tell me about it. Oh well, there was a time before this, there will be a time after...
But I am tired and gladly look forward to the day this ends. It is a hard age to have these transits,
but in my younger years I think the same ones would have destroyed me. I just didn´t have the skills to
get through it at earlier ages, so maybe all things happen at the appointed time and are for the best, ultimately.

>>Your Nodal axis holds the key to growing strong. I´d encourage you to read up on the >>Aquarius-Leo, I & VII axes, and reflect deeply on how to go after what you need to do in >>order to actualize your North Node potential

this has been at the forefront of my thoughts for many years now.
can´t say I have arrived at much insight, but I am persistent and tenacious by nature.
intensely so.

>>As you approach 50, too, Chiron will step out of the shadows and confront you with your >>core primal wound - or you will confront him... Depends on how much work you put into >>preparing for your Chiron Return in the years leading up to that... I think you are 47-ish? >>So now is exactly the time to start doing the inner healing work in preparation for your >>Chiron Return.

I have also had these thoughts. Thanks for the confirmation. It has been at the back of my mind for a long time. I am still working on getting a grasp on "chiron & me", so to speak.

June 26, 2019 at 02:49
Hey Ram Goat, your post is deeply thoughtful. I will circle back to it with thoughts, I promise.

This insight (which has helped me in the darkness) came to mind after I saw it: God places the best things in life on the other side of terror. ~Will Smith

https://www.thebrainwads.com/blog/…

Be well.
June 26, 2019 at 03:09
Actually I like this one better than will smith..

“ Only the unknown frightens men. But once a man has faced the unknown, that terror becomes the known.”

— Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »