Just got a job... like 1 minute ago.

May 30, 2019 at 13:45 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Just got a job... like 1 minute ago.
Carpentry, not even skilled in it, but am great with my hands.
Start 7am tomorrow, the place is not even far from where i live, 10-15 minute walk.

I´m filled with excitement!

Must do a chart, hmm... transit & progression time.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2 3
Sort posts:
May 30, 2019 at 13:47
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Them transits.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
May 30, 2019 at 13:48
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
=====
Them progressions.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
May 30, 2019 at 13:51
(Gemini) etherealcereal
Congrats!! Your transit chart looks promising!
May 30, 2019 at 13:53
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Congratulations!
May 30, 2019 at 14:17
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user ~Masha~, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
""Just got a job... like 1 minute ago.

" Must do a chart, hmm""

Horary....chart of the moment..?

1 Minute ago ? 13:34 o´clock Birmingham ? 13:45 you posted here
May 30, 2019 at 14:18
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
That is great. Congratulations. Hope you enjoy it.
May 30, 2019 at 15:29
(Scorpio) SpaceChild
Happy for you! I hope it pans out in your favor :1:
May 30, 2019 at 15:30
(Aries) ram_goat
Congratulations..

Working in & about homes.. very Cancerian

Helping other people improve their environments.. Aquarian..

I hope the trade is good to you. I was an electrician for many years.. did an apprenticeship, all that. There is a certain zen & focus & mental discipline to doing things elegantly and with the fewest possible steps needed. Your own work interconnects with the work of the other trades, and theirs with yours. A lot of teamwork. I´m sure you´ll find other kindred spirits. I found the trades to be a giant catch basin for misfits, artsy people, those who are rebuilding their lives, and those who got a rough start in life. It´ll get you out & among people too, which is probably a good thing. If you find you like it, invest in yourself and your own education.. train up, join a union, make whatever moves you can to build a stable life for yourself. Switch trades if you find one you like better. Nice thing about the trades is that competence speaks louder than words.
May 30, 2019 at 15:31
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Thank you all :6: :83:

I still can´t get my head around why i got a Carpentry job though without any relevant skills in it. Maybe it´s a combination of previous jobs, character and references.. i dunno.

:63: :4: :16:
May 30, 2019 at 15:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ram_goat
=====
I did want an electrical focused job, but if this is my thing i am more than happy, i have the stamina and spirit to work with wood since it´s a physically hitting job too, it´s manual work with wood.

Wood is a natural Earth material, i do like wood, very connected to stuff like that.
May 30, 2019 at 15:52
(Aries) ram_goat » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
Working with wood is also much more cerebral than it appears at first glance..

Try building a cabinet, you´ll see. Do it from scratch by measuring a space, then estimate the materials, plan the cuts, cut, build. A lot of steps, each one requires absolute attention and accuracy.

Wood is also an imperfect natural material. One of the more quiet joys is going to the wood supply house and picking each piece based on its grain, quality, size, condition. Each plank has its own personality and flaws.

there is a certain soul to wood that is lacking in the other more technincal trades. Electrical work is really just glorifed installer work. Planning and layout are artsy, conduit bending is a very right brained activity that takes a lot of practice and an ability to think & visualize on the fly in 3D.

You will need to be able to visualize and think in 3D actively and on the fly. After a while it will be like you have autocad running in your brain.. the ability to visualize a workpiece in your mind and turn it around and view it from all directions.. something you will need to do often.

over on this side of the pond, plumbing, electrical and HVAC are the highest paying. Electrical gets more interesting and brainey at the automation end.. HVAC at the controls end of things, and plumbing, sorry plumbers.. just not that interesting, but good paying.. Plumbers are good natured guys who are usually chilled out and own fishing boats and fish their brains out on the weekends. Something about that trade and sportfishing, I dunno.. Electricians are high strung nervous types, and HVAC somewhere in between, tending towards plumbers. There seems to be more steady demand for HVAC & Plumbing over here.. people always clog toilets and want the A/C or heater to work right.. they don´t mind working without lights or unravelling an extension cord to run something quite so much.

All of those trades are somewhat glorifed installers, all working with prefabricated materials. Woodworking is more pure creativity. Fewer rules, but more experience & good judgement required to know and understand the nature of the materials you work with and their fitness for purpose. Your first day picking wood from the supply house, evaluating each board, piece by piece and accepting or rejecting each one based on it´s "soul", its grain, its properties.. will be a neat one. A lot of passive learning will happen most of the time. The lessons are too abstract, requiring good judgement, to be restricted to words.

I don´t know how the labor calculus works over there, but possibly investigate door hanging. We all use doors, and think nothing of them. To hang a wooden door is actually highly technical and skilled, if you ever watch someone do it.. I mean big wooden doors, not the pre-fab metal kind found in offices and modern buildings. I have watched guys fiddle-fuck for hours getting a jamb plumb and level so that a 400lb $4000.00 wood door would hang properly and open and close properly for years and years. Door hanging is actually one of the most technical and skilled aspects of carpentry.. but maybe this has been standardized over there by now, for cost reasons. It has been partly standardized and "Ikea-ized" over here on the low end, but midrange & higher, you need a skilled doorhanger..
May 30, 2019 at 15:58
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Vanille, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yay congrats!!

And hey, lack of skill can be a good thing, you might just discover a talent you never knew you had ^^

Good luck friend ~
May 30, 2019 at 15:58
=====
Conventional rules, yes i am not so much into those beyond basic understanding of what is needed. Pointing out a flaw, yeah i´m good at that, mostly it is not obvious to the other person until it hits them and time has long passed, they end up either foul and mad at me or take it on and actually tell me, latter is much fewer.

Perhaps a Pluto thing too, to perceive.
May 30, 2019 at 15:59
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Vanille
=====
Cheers Vanille, you sound a lot brighter than usual (happy), i like that a lot. :1: :83:
May 30, 2019 at 16:07
You are going to have to be humble for a few years and check your ego at the door each day when you show up at work. It´s a rite of passage in the trades to be assigned the "bitch work" when you are the new guy. God knows what hazing culture is like in the UK, but like here there must be some of it present..Suck it up and don´t complain. There is plenty of testosterone on jobsites too. You can´t have the kind of freakouts there that you get away with in here or other places. You really need to keep your cool, keep your head, and be a player of the long game.. As I said, there is no lack of testosterone on job sites. You push and you´ll get a push back in response. Watch who you push. Plenty of unstable types in the trades, badder than you and more messed up. Don´t get arrogant. I adopted the philosophy in my time that each person has something to teach me, either good or bad. Some days, or for weeks at a time I was paired with someone who had only bad things to teach me, later on I was paired with people who had good/techincal things to teach me, but it was always one or the other. Earn the respect of the guys you work with and you will see yourself rise.. fail to earn it and you´ll be disliked and doing bitch work until your last day. Everyone, every trade, on a jobsite has something to teach you.
May 30, 2019 at 16:19
Pointing out a flaw, yeah i´m good at that, mostly it is not obvious to the other person until it hits them and time has long passed, they end up either foul and mad at me or take it on and actually tell me, latter is much fewer.

Careful though.. jobsites are not the place for "Sea Lawyering"...
and trifling arguments over bullshit. Time is money. Time spent arguing is time
spent not making money. Like I said, got to check the ego. It´s a service business. Earn money through serving. Even serving unlikeable people. Anyway, the first rule is to learn to obey and be a good team player. Not to be the boss of things. Jobsites are a benevolent dictatorship, not athenian democracy..

Each job only needs 1 guy making decisions.. any more than that and it becomes chaos. It´s an ego check for some. The paradox is the more you serve, the higher & faster you will rise.

you need to be a good team player. It´s a team sport, in the end. If you can´t be a good team player over the long term, best not to start the job at all.

And remeber who is skilled and who is unskilled. Who is the master and who is the teacher. Keep that clear and things will be a lot easier. Ask questions and learn. Be willing to learn and obey. It is not really a beaurocracy like the military. There is a lot less absurdity. Everything that "is" tends to have a very good reason. Less political, unlike larger human organizations. there is a kind of purity to it in that sense. Politely ask the reasons for things, some of the answers might teach you.
May 30, 2019 at 16:19
(Libra) leorising
Congratulations :30:
my father is a carpenter.
May 30, 2019 at 16:22
=====
Most definitely, i cannot just walk into this job, although i have a foot in the door, it´s something to be learned.

I was applying my perception from your words and how they may correlate to that very skill of picking out the right wood from the pile. :15: :83:
May 30, 2019 at 16:23
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » leorising
=====
Thank you dear. I bet he is a highly skilled person too, difficult job!
May 30, 2019 at 16:25
(Leo) pixel
Congratulations ! Wish you succeed and good luck !
May 30, 2019 at 16:26
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » pixel
=====
Thank you Pixel :1: :83:
May 30, 2019 at 16:31
It´ll change how you look at things too.. I can´t enter a costco or something
without looking up at the ceiling to check out the electrical work.

after a while every time you go someplace part of your brain will be sizing it up and assessing it like a tradesman. not a bad thing, sometimes its something you can do silently in your head when you are around boring company.
May 30, 2019 at 16:35
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » ram_goat
This is the truth. Ha ha..I remember being around the Entrepreneurs and they through every insult my way just to see if I was mentally tough enough to learn from them.

I would think with his Scorpio Pluto he would be quite competitive. That´s what they always want to know whether you´re going to stick around for the long-term gains, or quit for short-term gains. They want to know what you´re made of.

So they give you the shitty stuff just to see your reaction and whether you react or respond in a positive manner.

But again he´s been in the Military, nothing worst than that.
May 30, 2019 at 16:45
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » goldenlion32
=====
Army pushes you outside of your comfort zone, what comes with this is the opposite of monotonous, however it is monotonous when they do inspection and drill.

Carpentry is none of that, it is mentally pushing like the military and physically, but on a basis of limitation, if i find comfort in this limitation this could be me set for life, i hope i find it.

However i may have a limited view of carpentry, i have never worked in this field before.
May 30, 2019 at 16:53
(Aries) ram_goat » goldenlion32
But again he´s been in the Military, nothing worst than that.

I´de put that more in the short term category.. most guys who go in at 18, especially as enlisted men, know they aren´t going to make NATO chief in their career.. Even with officers, the military takes you in, trains you for a military occupation, uses you for a few years then discharges you and replaces you with a younger model, equally trained. So yeah, military can be tough, but
it´s also of limited duration.. and the guys in the military know this deep down. A fraction of a percent of (mostly officers..) ever make a lifelong career out of it, and this too, is well known for many decades.. For the rest, get old, tire of the life, have emotional or psych problems, you´re out.. and a younger more bright eyed & bushy tailed one takes your place.. at which point you are booted back out into "real" reality which is living out the rest of your life.. that´s where the real challenge lies. The warrior´s true task and journey is self knowledge and conquering the enemy within.. life teaches that better than the offensive "foe based" outward looking mindset that the military is built around. I´m not saying it doesn´t teach you some stuff, but they are low level lessons geared towards the age group the military deals with in the enlisted ranks.. 18-30 year olds. After you outgrow these lessons, it´s better to get out into the "real" world where the lessons are more diffuse and complex and subtle. And the stakes are arguably, more real, especially when there is no external war going on. The war within ourselves rages perpetually.

« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
New Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »