Help with understanding Moon and Rising

May 25, 2019 at 00:54 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Help with understanding Moon and Rising
Moon and Rising seem to have the same amount of influence as Sun does, just curious as to what EXACTLY separates Moon from Sun, Rising from Sun, etc. What is the difference? They all seem like 2nd and 3rd Suns to me, based on amount of influence they appear to have. Just like Sun.

Posts in topic

Page: 1 2
Sort posts:
May 25, 2019 at 01:59
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Fishermansend, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hmmm....

I have an imagination what you mean, DarkOne, with "just like sun".

Both lights- moon and sun are “under fire” with fire planets - your moon conj. your mars - and isn´t a "normal" passive water element moon and your sun is in 4th house - passive female principle house- in exact sextile with your jupiter. You feel more the active fire sign element influence.

Rising is your instinctive manner to begin something new, to push your wishes through, how you start/go for a relationship for instance or encounter people for certain reasons.. Main reason and main focus on – is where your sun is in. And in 4th house your instinctive main focus is to feel yourself and to feel and understand yourself better – to feel yourself more ”at home” with yourself.
May 25, 2019 at 03:04
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Fishermansend
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Ok thanks! Ya, I definitely feel "feminine" in many ways. Especially in regard to emotions and certain ways I interact, especially in romantic context. (I mean feminine energy, not gender, I actually am straight, no issue with other types, that´s just my own. I have searched deep on that one. I´m straight, even though I can act a bit feminine. In romantic contexts, I prefer being the submissive one, which is a feminine trait, but no less my own. Strange how that works)

Still don´t get the moon part though.
May 25, 2019 at 05:33
(Pisces) fishscales
I think the moon deals more with instinctive, emotional responses, and operates at a more subconscious level than the sun.

I am flirting with the idea that the expression of the ascendant is a very calculated one... That it has more to do with how we want to be perceived that who we really are.

I almost think our true nature, and the part of us we do not so readily or easily show to the world, can be found more in the descendant.

I´m sure there are many who would disagree with this, and I´m not saying I´m right, it´s more of a theory.

For myself, though, it seems to have some bearing.
May 25, 2019 at 05:57
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
=====
Interesting, descendant seems like romantic self to me.
May 25, 2019 at 06:09
(Pisces) fishscales » David Evans
I dunno... Maybe I so relationship oriented, I am confusing my "romantic self" with my regular self :61:
May 25, 2019 at 06:13
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
=====
Not hard to do, I already do this on accident sometimes. Different context makes different reactions out of me, but sometimes I go with my romantic self. Not always a great idea.
May 25, 2019 at 10:59
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » David Evans
System message: Post has been written by user Vanille, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I have no idea how to interpret my descendant as my moon is my descendant...
May 25, 2019 at 11:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Vanille
=====
I can see why. Romance means alot to you, as I can see. Since your descendant conj your moon.
May 25, 2019 at 11:30
System message: Post has been written by user Vanille, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yep... One thing about my sun I never related to, that Gemini´s flirt a lot, adventurous, jump from one crush to the next... I take relationships (romantic, but also friendship) very seriously. Mature and serious rising with emotional moon that wants security, opposing my rising.

Hmm but what I mainly feel, is my moon opposing my rising, but descendant in itself... No idea how I should interpret that, as I just see it as "oh I have a moon, and it opposes my rising, which causes this and that"
May 25, 2019 at 12:26
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Fishermansend, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"Still don´t get the moon part though"

Moons rules your 12th house and mars your 10th.
Both planets focus is your status outside, how people look at you. As 12th house is also prenatal experience house during pregnancy with your mother, she might have had same inner focus – opinions of people outside have been important to her- what you learned from her during pregnancy. As moon is
squaring your pluto as co-ruler of your included scorpio of 4th house – also mother and a part from her who shows, that she experienced difficult issues at the time of being pregnant with you. What you witnessed being in her.. Same with your mars conjuncting your moon- also squaring your pluto.

Moon/mars conj. has a tendency to be autoaggressive, to hate oneself and feel insufficient and kinda subconsciously guilty for unknown reasons what in this case and constellation is because of mother (being the first world for a baby coming to earth) and her experience you probably might have taken over.

It looks like you feel somehow your mother’s non-verbal order on you “to make herself proud of you” in the outside
May 25, 2019 at 12:54
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user SlowBurningEnigma, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
If I´m correct.
Your sun is your core self your ego. You may identify with your sun sign more because, It´s the sun in your natal chart :122:.

Your rising is how you appear to people who don´t know you.

For example, if you have a Leo Rising you may appear confident to others. You might display Leo traits from a strangers point of view. You may attract people who are Air or Fire signs. Beyonce is a famous Leo Rising.
In her case it shows.

Your moon sign is probably apparent in emotional sitituations and your loved ones. It´s how you would react to things emotionally. Your Mars and Venus are also important as well. Your Mars is your physical drive and Your Venus is connected to the way you act in love. In my opinion, you Mars and Venus sign are still filtered through your Moon sign. Your emotional output in a way.

I may be incorrect.. :25:
That´s what I have gathered from my astrological research. :84:

~Enigma :152:
May 25, 2019 at 13:40
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » SlowBurningEnigma
=====
Hey thanks Enigma! :75:

I don´t know if I attract fire signs, but it appears that i do after some deep thought. Though i also seem to really attract earth signs alot, it´s my dominant element, and my signature sign is Capricorn. My Jupiter and Neptune are also Capricorn.

While I have attracted some air, mainly fire and earth signs come to me. My best friend and mentor is a Taurus, my first and childhood friend is Taurus. The coworker I get along best with is Virgo. The other I get along just as well with is Leo on the Leo/Cancer cusp.

I think you may be correct, minus the attracting air signs (by attract, I mean they come to me, though I have attracted some, just not often. Water signs are almost a never ironically. Though I can get along with some fair enough I suppose.)

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it!

:84: :15: :37:
May 25, 2019 at 13:44
=====
Maybe the "make herself proud" vibe is why I am so easily annoyed by my mom. I know she means well, I just get so annoyed, so quickly. I feel like a child around her, and I hate that. Not that I don´t care about her though.
May 25, 2019 at 13:47
=====
I´m not sure how exactly to interpret either, I´m still new at this. I see it as "this causes that" as well. Just not to a very dynamic point yet.
May 25, 2019 at 18:45
=====
Was there something I said wrong to Enigma. She deleted her account after I replied to her post here. We were friends, and we got along very well. She talked to me a lot, and it was nice. But now this, can Chiron just leave me the fuck alone?
Honestly WTF. There goes more of my wasted time. Almost like I should just give up, because no matter the situation, I always have this happen. Chiron in freaking Libra, conjuncting my fortune.... Kinda hating life.

It showed she sent me a message, but when you delete your account, the messages are too.
May 25, 2019 at 19:22
=====
Ah, I was friends with a user he disappeared as well... No clue why, we were in the middle of a deep convo (not a fight, no worries)
As for posts disappearing... Happened to me as well. I got annoyed several times because I see I got a reply, I wanna reply back, then the post is suddenly gone... I know users can delete their own posts but I´ve had my own posts disappear as well. The site itself could be bugging like hell.

I didn´t see anything strange in this topic so Idk there might be another reason she disappeared, don´t be mad at yourself ^^
May 25, 2019 at 19:40
=====
I´m not mad at myself, I´m sad and angry at what´s keeps making this happen to me. Simply to often to not be some asshole fucking with me. Whether it is a deity, a spirit, I don´t fucking know. But this is too common for coincidence.. This is literally the only thing that can hurt me in life. No wonder that´s the only thing that can happen to me.
May 25, 2019 at 20:02
=====
Hmm... Look at your Libra placements, it´s all about difficult relationships. Then again, you can´t really improve it either when people just disappear without warning... If you make a mistake, they should tell you, so you can learn from it, apologize and improve yourself. But I figured not many people think that way, they´ll block or leave without warning, and you´re left there, no clue wtf you did wrong... My advice would be telling people once you start to get close to them, that you´re scared of them disappearing. You can ask them to warn you, or at least tell you what´s on their mind, so you can talk about it.

I´m the type to make dramatic goodbye topics and will warn people I talk to privately, the times I did disappear, I came back about a day later with an explanation. I know how much it sucks and it´s beyond me people just do that...

Idk people are weird... It´s sure possible that even once you tell them, they´ll still disappear if they don´t care enough... Assholes exist, too many in fact...

Didn´t you got a notification from her? Could it be possible she did explain to you, but you never saw it cause the site was bugging?
May 25, 2019 at 20:21
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
The same is said of Gemini if it is any planet placement, Gemini Venus here... i don´t flip flop what so ever, it takes a long time for me to really want to get with someone though because i want to know if it will last.

Most likely my Earthiness, Taurus Moon & Mars & Capricorn stellium.
May 25, 2019 at 20:28
=====
That´s not a big, that´s just a thing. Delete account and all private messages attached disappear too. Had this happen at least 5 or 6 times here alone.

I hope she comes back, she mentioned being super busy, maybe she didn´t realise her message doesn´t stay when she deletes her account. I did say I don´t wish to distract her from her work, I wanted to help if possible. But she responded on forum without reading my private message sent beforehand. So everything seemed okay, and she was constantly looking at my profile, like constantly. So you can imagine my confusion and sadness when she deleted her account.
May 25, 2019 at 20:29
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I tend to attract Fire signs which is a little weird, but Fire is just up in your face about things so it makes sense. Aries & Leo, never had a Sag be interested in me.

Gemini & Aquarius.. never experienced anyone from these signs. Libra do sometimes, there is some mutual respect and understanding with major planets being ruled by Venus.

I am more the boring type compared to these Fire / Air types :4:

Scorpio is my number 1 who i end up with the most.
Been with a Virgo though she was completely Air dominant with some Fire and almost completely no Water, was like trying to communicate with a salesman, seriously not everything i do can be put into words.. i´m sorry.
And when i did not speak in person she got frustrated and i hated seeing her frustrated, so that frustrated me...

Madness.
May 25, 2019 at 20:31
=====
I hope she comes back for you i really do, you are a kind person i can see that. :83:
May 25, 2019 at 20:33
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
=====
I hope so too, I just am beginning to think my kindness is my undoing as of late.
Just a confusing hell for me.
May 25, 2019 at 20:34
=====
Don´t ever run away from yourself, your time will come friend.
May 25, 2019 at 20:56
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
=====
Yeeep, Gemini sun, Aries venus here... Yet, taking love and friendship very seriously. I save my virginity for whenever/whoever feels right, I never touched drugs or alcohol...

I read a bit on the moon opposing ascendant, it´s a strong thing in general (regardless of which signs) and it makes you extra sensitive... Cap ascendant is a strong ascendant in general. Then you have my Pluto clashing with my sun, well there ya go! I still have those Gemini traits, I´m seeing it more and more now... Just not all of them, thanks to strong moon and ascendant opposition keeping me sane and safe.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »